jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
bassanimation wrote:This isn't going to hold up in the wash.

One wear of this will be worth more than most shirts on this site. :P

orzine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages orzine
bassanimation wrote:This isn't going to hold up in the wash.

thats all you have to say?

well there goes your pretend reputation of always supporting artists with positive things.

but i guess if it was a terrible ramyb halftone mess that actually will fall apart in the wash all you could say is

bassanimation wrote:Great shirt, I hope to see it do well!

what a hypocrite

xazothia

quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia

I'm pretty sure the wash comment was a joke?

Agenda4brenda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Agenda4brenda

Will wear this shirt a hole lot . . .
;)
Keep up the good work!

bookworm656

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bookworm656

If this had been on a navy blue shirt instead of ugly dark gray, I probably would have bought one.

Woot: I'm in it for the monkeys.

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik

always brightens my day to see Robbie get printed. Great job, Robbie, this was definitely one of my faves this week!

kinzoku

quality posts: 17 Private Messages kinzoku

Hey Woot, you got the vote result wrong in the write-up.

gattaca83

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gattaca83
orzine wrote:what a hypocrite

Uh, I think it was a joke directed at the idea that the shirt has holes and therefore would not hold up in the wash.

haha, wow..explaining a joke really removes the humor from it...Maybe you could ask someone to remove that stick you've got instead?

rglee129

quality posts: 27 Private Messages rglee129

Thanks for the kind words and the votes, folks!

I'm surprised the design printed on asphalt, though, since the design and shirt comp (and the print-ready, of course) called for navy...?

ueberRegenbogen

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ueberRegenbogen
rglee129 wrote:Thanks for the kind words and the votes, folks!

I'm surprised the design printed on asphalt, though, since the design and shirt comp (and the print-ready, of course) called for navy...?

Yes, i thought asphalt was odd. Navy does make a lot more sense.

Another thing that would make more sense would be to avoid the sun being in front of a cloud. Doesn't bother me enough to stop me from buying it, though. (I'll just imagine that it's sneaking in close just for a moment to do its deed.)

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2

Congrats Robbie, I'm so happy to see this up here today. It's such an awesome shirt!

rglee129

Thanks, cmdixon, and thanks for your invaluable halftone help with this design!

draigun

quality posts: 21 Private Messages draigun

I actually like the asphalt color, but then again.. I'm partial to black/grey shirts. In for one!

KillerRamen

quality posts: 2 Private Messages KillerRamen

In my younger days I used to have a shirt with a bunch of holes in it. I called it my holy shirt and wore every time I played hockey. I'm not sure what happened to that awesome shirt, but I think my mom threw it away.

meh3884

quality posts: 25 Private Messages meh3884
isparabola wrote:Last night's shirt was the best Christmas shirt in the derby.

We got:

A bad shirt with an awful overdone similar theme.
A good wearable shirt that is a serious take on the theme and well executed.
A good wearable shirt that is a humorous take on the theme and well executed.

Pretty much a shirt for everyone.

I disagree. while I liked yesterday's 12 days shirt (and the designer for that matter), I didn't find it all that wearable and didn't feel it had a really christmas-like feel to it(maybe if it were on red instead of grass). I agree with the rest of your post though, but still find this derby was lacking in a solid christmas shirt.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

capedcrusader514

quality posts: 1 Private Messages capedcrusader514

I thought this was on navy. imo rejection worthy.

waverlyTSR

quality posts: 0 Private Messages waverlyTSR

I wanted to get the hippopotamus shirt for my mom. It was the only one in the derby that I would have considered buying.

(can't resist pointing out bad grammar in "your wrecking everything" ... should be "you're")

xxchange

quality posts: 44 Private Messages xxchange

Somebody's either getting mooned or flashed. I'm leaning toward flashed, because you can't get mooned with the sun in such close proximity.

My Colours: 6 Black, 9 Asphalt, 7 Cranberry, 4 Royal Blue, 10 Navy, 7 Silver, 7 Grass, 2 Orange, 2 Kelly Green, 8 Brown, 1 White, 2 Lemon, 7 Baby Blue, 3 Cream, 2 Heather Gray, 5 Olive, 1 Pink, 1 Eggplant

Last 12 of 85: Little Dreams, Black and White, Fall, I'm not prickley on the inside..., Released, Nature Owl, Mirror Mirror, The Last Day, Playful Foxes Remix, My Special Day, My Special Day Tote, Circuit-ulatory System Remix

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
bookworm656 wrote:If this had been on a navy blue shirt instead of ugly dark gray, I probably would have bought one.

I did buy one but I still have absolutely no clue why this is on asphalt. The comp is clearly blue and not gray. I hope it doesn't detract from what is otherwise an amazing shirt.

SpastasticNomadic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SpastasticNomadic

I'd definitely be in for one if it was on navy. Not sure why it was changed to asphalt but it's disappointing.

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987

Navy's better, but it seriously doesn't change the effect of the design. Everything that makes this design great still shines through. Honestly, with a design this good, I don't get why the blank's color matters all that much so long as the elements that made the shirt good are still intact.

fifey157

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fifey157
meh3884 wrote:I disagree. while I liked yesterday's 12 days shirt (and the designer for that matter), I didn't find it all that wearable and didn't feel it had a really christmas-like feel to it(maybe if it were on red instead of grass). I agree with the rest of your post though, but still find this derby was lacking in a solid christmas shirt.

How can you get more Christmas-y than a "12 Days of Christmas" shirt? The characters are even in the shape of a Christmas tree! And green is a Christmas color! I thought Loopy's shirt was the best traditional Christmas shirt in the derby.

Also. I love this shirt.

otterpopjunkie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages otterpopjunkie

Awesome design!

However I do think the piece being cut out should be black or a solid color on the exposed side - makes more sense (to me). Unless the painted clouds ran? ;)

10 woots to date.. all awesome.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
orzine wrote:what a hypocrite

LOL, guys guys, it was a joke! The shirt has holes! Holes in the artwork! I said what I said as a lol because most of the time when a garment has a hole the hole will enlarge with each washing.

Totally a silly joke guys..wow... So much for my futile attempts to elicit a chuckle from the masses, hahaha. I meant to congratulate the shirt as well but I must have gotten sidetracked and meandered off. I am very sorry if I offended anyone, especially the artist. It was not my intention.

I think this design is fine and creative in itself. I'm actually pleasantly surprised at it's win because it is so different from the norm. I too get tired of the same old stuff, I know, shocking isn't it? This win is a boon to the folks who support more creative, whimsicle designs over the normal cute and silly. I'm glad this won. Everyone got something they love in this derby .

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
gattaca83 wrote:Uh, I think it was a joke directed at the idea that the shirt has holes and therefore would not hold up in the wash.

haha, wow..explaining a joke really removes the humor from it...Maybe you could ask someone to remove that stick you've got instead?

Thanks for stepping in, I appreciate it. This was -exactly- the joke. The shirt is about holes, so I was just like "Ha they will grow in der wash machine!" I guess my humor is not so good.

Again, sorry for anyone who was angry. I meant it as a silly thing, not as a slam. Holes in garments grow in the wash..like..literal holes. Not art holes... Gah, I have spun my own head around! I'm going to dinner now..

redeemer1113

quality posts: 0 Private Messages redeemer1113

Something about this shirt just makes it awesome!!

Knowing is half the battle! the rest is 25% blue lasers, 25% red lasers.

rglee129

bassanimation wrote:LOL, guys guys, it was a joke! The shirt has holes! Holes in the artwork! I said what I said as a lol because most of the time when a garment has a hole the hole will enlarge with each washing.

Totally a silly joke guys..wow... So much for my futile attempts to elicit a chuckle from the masses, hahaha. I meant to congratulate the shirt as well but I must have gotten sidetracked and meandered off. I am very sorry if I offended anyone, especially the artist. It was not my intention.

I think this design is fine and creative in itself. I'm actually pleasantly surprised at it's win because it is so different from the norm. I too get tired of the same old stuff, I know, shocking isn't it? This win is a boon to the folks who support more creative, whimsicle designs over the normal cute and silly. I'm glad this won. Everyone got something they love in this derby .

No offense taken on my end. It took me about .5 seconds, but then I got your joke. Thanks for the kind words.

LWCriddle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LWCriddle

I like the expression on the sun's face. he looks like he's in the zone with those scissors. Welcome back to kindegarden....his circles kill mine though...

sylvar01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sylvar01
bnbsouthworth wrote:I always secretly thought the Sun was a lefty.

He is...see how he's torquing those scissors. Gawd, I hate right handed scissors.

moonletters

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moonletters
endangeredomega wrote:DAYMAN!! Fighter of the Night-Man!! Ah-ah-aaaah!

Oh, how I love you.

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

Take THAT, other hemisphere!!!

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

716 sold? Bah, humbug to those idiots who don't recognize this shirt's OWNAGE.
I'll buy another before it gets reckoned. This shirt deserves the one-in-the-wash-one-in-the-drawer status.

xazothia

barely outselling its votes (699), I can't help but wonder if the shirt color change has anything to do with it. I wasn't going to pick this one up anyway, but I did like it a lot better on navy.

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
goldenthorn wrote:716 sold? Bah, humbug to those idiots who don't recognize this shirt's OWNAGE.
I'll buy another before it gets reckoned. This shirt deserves the one-in-the-wash-one-in-the-drawer status.

I didn't buy it, but I'm really surprised to see that number so low. I really considered it, but considering I bought the randoms and another shirt last week and am purchasing from Threadless tomorrow, this one didn't quite make the cut (hahaha, sorry for the pun). Just the same, I'd be thrilled to get this in a future random.

goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

xazothia wrote:barely outselling its votes (699), I can't help but wonder if the shirt color change has anything to do with it. I wasn't going to pick this one up anyway, but I did like it a lot better on navy.

It undersold its votes, with 749 votes.

yankeebird wrote:I didn't buy it, but I'm really surprised to see that number so low. I really considered it, but considering I bought the randoms and another shirt last week and am purchasing from Threadless tomorrow, this one didn't quite make the cut (hahaha, sorry for the pun). Just the same, I'd be thrilled to get this in a future random.

I don't really mean "idiots." Everyone's got their reasons. I've passed up some good/great stuff because I just couldn't click it for ____ reason(s). Calling people "idiots" for not purchasing is just more fun, if rather callous.

Low sales means less money for robbie (), but more exclusivity for me ()!

xazothia

The vote total in the writeup is inaccurate, that's the number of votes iloop's shirt had. I pulled 699 from the derby page.

goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

xazothia wrote:The vote total in the writeup is inaccurate, that's the number of votes iloop's shirt had. I pulled 699 from the derby page.

Oh, you with your accuracy and fact-checking. Bah, humbug to you, too!

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
xazothia wrote:barely outselling its votes (699), I can't help but wonder if the shirt color change has anything to do with it. I wasn't going to pick this one up anyway, but I did like it a lot better on navy.

I wonder this myself. Robbie, was this supposed to be on asphalt? Looking at the comp, there is no ambiguity whatsoever that it is on a blue shirt. It may not be perfectly navy but it is absolutely not asphalt when you compare the two.

lonelypond

quality posts: 410 Private Messages lonelypond

this shirt makes me smile...I thought it might end up on asphalt...counting quarters so I can get it before it gets reckoned...want to wear it December 22nd.

rglee129

mrwednesday wrote:I wonder this myself. Robbie, was this supposed to be on asphalt? Looking at the comp, there is no ambiguity whatsoever that it is on a blue shirt. It may not be perfectly navy but it is absolutely not asphalt when you compare the two.

I was surprised and am still a bit baffled that it printed on asphalt. Maybe they thought the black wouldn't show up on navy despite the gray halftone mist I put in for the background. Or maybe it was just a goof. Beats me. Still grateful for the print, but I, too, would have preferred navy.