AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Shigwarm wrote:Maybe she submits her PRF a few days after submitting the design detail and shirt comp. She isn't the first, nor the last.

If a shirt, by anyone, prints in ANY OTHER WAY than how it was voted on, it is a sham.

This is a contest based entirely on popular votes. Popular votes could be lost or gained based on an edit. It is not the first nor the last time, no, but it is something that happens INCREDIBLY FREQUENTLY with only a select two people. And always for the worse. How many times have Ramy's halftones looked dramatically chunkier when he's gone to print? If you said "always" you would be right.

TheyKilledKenny

quality posts: 2 Private Messages TheyKilledKenny
BetterThanTheRest wrote:I want this shirt... a modern take on a classic story... like the new Star Trek movie that kicks butt and not the old ones that no one watched... ;D

The new star trek movie was cute... if you like that sort of thing... but it had more random plot twists and cheery coincidences than Oliver Twist...

Excuse Me Maam, Your Woot is Showing...

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
majiksparkle wrote:
Then again, I am the hated Shirt.Woot buyer who likes cute over "artsy" and I own many Seki and RamyB shirts.

No one thinks everything should be artsy. No one thinks cute shirts are bad. Those details aren't relevant to the conversation. I, for one, would question how cute a blob of green dough with beads for eyes is.

svgarcia415

quality posts: 0 Private Messages svgarcia415

A good caption might be, "Hasta la vista, bunny".

Earlysong

quality posts: 21 Private Messages Earlysong
xazothia wrote:So you're saying *woot* changed the turtle's stance (front and back legs both), added more grass, AND changed the color of the tortoise?

I am only willing to believe one of those things.

I really have no idea. I just find it hard to believe that they would allow her to change it. How would that work, anyway? "Hey you won, would you like to change your design?" Idk.

I love this website! ^^

yeawuteva

quality posts: 115 Private Messages yeawuteva

Slow and steady, and very lethal, wins the race

TheyKilledKenny

bethlehemstarr wrote:The shirt is different than the design the artist submitted for and people voted for. (the turtle's front right 'leg' is depicting motion)

While I think this a positive change for this shirt, I am not sure how fair it is to the voters to do this.

Other artists will resubmit their designs for the voting population, and this artist chose not to. In fact, she stated that she WOULD NOT CHANGE the design.

I don't really understand how it is that woot finds this acceptable.

Correct... I remember noting that the design would look much better is the legs were bent or signified motion...

sekiyoku

quality posts: 18 Private Messages sekiyoku
rrearleii wrote:tortoise shoots hare, tortoise passes hare. learn object permanence, young one.

Exactly, it was hard for me to believe that people couldn't understand that.

Thanks so much everyone <333 I'm glad you all liked the shirt.

colinm09

quality posts: 70 Private Messages colinm09
AdderXYU wrote:If a shirt, by anyone, prints in ANY OTHER WAY than how it was voted on, it is a sham.

This is a contest based entirely on popular votes. Popular votes could be lost or gained based on an edit. It is not the first nor the last time, no, but it is something that happens INCREDIBLY FREQUENTLY with only a select two people. And always for the worse. How many times have Ramy's halftones looked dramatically chunkier when he's gone to print? If you said "always" you would be right.

I completely agree. What's the point in voting if you can change your entry? It's ridiculous the rules that get bent for her and Ramy. I wish people would stop buying these shirts. I'm sick of seeing Seki shirts every Friday night.

-Matt Colin

xazothia

quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia
Earlysong wrote:I really have no idea. I just find it hard to believe that they would allow her to change it. How would that work, anyway? "Hey you won, would you like to change your design?" Idk.

You don't have to send your print-ready file in with your initial submission - giving you time for things like color separation and correction, and altering *minor* details.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

Ah the smell of victory...and burning hair....

Congrats on another win Seki! I knew if this guy was 'slow and steady' he'd win. Hurrrr! I are not clevr.

auggie24

quality posts: 23 Private Messages auggie24

Arrggh? This is all naughty, where's the nice? Where's the rejectionator when you need it?

AdderXYU

majiksparkle wrote:I always think it's funny that people think that seki should change her style--she has like five shirts on the reckoning shirt, some, like Imposter, that have been there for a long, long time. I wouldn't change my winning style either.

Then again, I am the hated Shirt.Woot buyer who likes cute over "artsy" and I own many Seki and RamyB shirts.

I would love to see your list of shirts.

I am certain that there have been MANY well done cute shirts you have not touched. How about Lucky1988's Editor's choice print with the animals in the heart? Jewelwing's bunnies in the crane game? Flying Mouse's Panda in a Bathtub? These are all cute concepts with far better execution. I would wager you didn't buy a one of them.

TheyKilledKenny

sekiyoku wrote:Exactly, it was hard for me to believe that people couldn't understand that.

Thanks so much everyone <333 I'm glad you all liked the shirt.

I did like the shirt... it's a cool concept...

colinm09

auggie24 wrote:Arrggh? This is all naughty, where's the nice? Where's the rejectionator when you need it?

Putting fingers in ears and saying "Lalalalalalala" while fifteen other people count the thousands of dollars this shirt will inevitably make. Though, I must say, this was fairly on topic for a Seki shirt.

-Matt Colin

TheCrowing

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TheCrowing
sekiyoku wrote:Thanks so much everyone <333 I'm glad you all liked the shirt.

*cough*

KevinMCombes

quality posts: 14 Private Messages KevinMCombes

I hate to say it, but simply drawn, easy to grasp images garner votes from casual users. No matter how much heart a true artist has put into his or her work, it's not easily recognized at a single glance. Of course the dedicated users of this site tire quickly of the nonsense shirts, but the number of users who just drop in and spend 60 seconds in the derby section outweigh the die-hards.

Of course there could be vote fraud too, but I think the simplicity and recognizability of Ramy/Seki votes is the main reason that they win so much.

Mahjongman

quality posts: 18 Private Messages Mahjongman

I have GOT to stop entering these running while operating automatic weapons contests. The prizes are never even worth it. How many Mario Andretti mugs can one tortoise really need?

Ghaleon256

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Ghaleon256
rrearleii wrote:tortoise shoots hare, tortoise passes hare. learn object permanence, young one.

The problem is that the turtle is presumably slow, and the gun is still smoking. Ever shot a gun? The one that I have (Not quite a minigun...) smoked for about 1/4 a second.

elmosolo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages elmosolo

omgturtlezpewpewpew!

sekiyoku

TheyKilledKenny wrote:Correct... I remember noting that the design would look much better is the legs were bent or signified motion...

It's a minor change... other artists have edited designs in the print ready to fix things like the number of fingers and such. Woot clearly doesn't have a problem with small edits, since they themselves edited the centering on the text on my procrastinate shirt.

I don't think it's unfair either, since I didn't mention it in the thread. I'm sure there were some people who would have voted if I had mentioned the change - but if it won without them knowing about the edits, then it's not really unfair.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
jmmbell1987 wrote:Our Movie Genre why are you so full of hate? You just hate in order to hate, because you're a hating hater!

I do not care for those who modify their work significantly after it is submitted for voting, thus printing a different design that what people vote on. Add the manipulation of other sites, which got them (specifically this person) banned, and yes, I have little respect for them at woot, or any other place.

Roboram

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Roboram

This shirt, is ok. It's humorous, but not really appealing to me...

Lots of interesting things coming to my knowledge now though.

sekiyoku

unleashthebats wrote:more than half of these comments are from people that don't like the design.

I'm mostly talking to the buyers/voters, not the commenters. :p

TheyKilledKenny

ambergreen wrote:So disappointing. I don't usually want to be the hating hater that hates the hated, but srsly...I have bought one shirt since March, and have almost one every month prior to January. I am no longer the target audience, and my money is sad.

I am sure you can find some place to cheer up your sad money...

AdderXYU

sekiyoku wrote:I'm mostly talking to the buyers/voters, not the commenters. :p

but no one from Gaia is reading this thread

sarahjean1977

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sarahjean1977
bpr2 wrote:So a gun that shoots forward kills things behind it? Did I get that right?

Maybe it's like that red turtle shell in mario kart? Or one of those missiles that locks onto it's target and can move around when the target moves around?

Ugh... I was so disappointed to see this win.

L A M E

Roboram

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Roboram
sekiyoku wrote:I'm mostly talking to the buyers/voters, not the commenters. :p

This doesn't seem off to you? I'd certainly want to take notice if an angry mob was assembling about something I did.

xazothia

quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia
sekiyoku wrote:Woot clearly doesn't have a problem with small edits, since they themselves edited the centering on the text on my procrastinate shirt.

An edit that WOOT makes is the same as an edit YOU make, how exactly?

TheyKilledKenny

sekiyoku wrote:It's a minor change... other artists have edited designs in the print ready to fix things like the number of fingers and such. Woot clearly doesn't have a problem with small edits, since they themselves edited the centering on the text on my procrastinate shirt.

I don't think it's unfair either, since I didn't mention it in the thread. I'm sure there were some people who would have voted if I had mentioned the change - but if it won without them knowing about the edits, then it's not really unfair.

I did not state it as unfair... I was just confirming the change... the indication of motion makes the scene significantly better... I like it...

RobotDCLXVI

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RobotDCLXVI

Arrrhhhh! Damnit, I finally bought my first seki shirt.

I don't know if I can show my face around you guys now.

colinm09

Roboram wrote:This doesn't seem off to you? I'd certainly want to take notice if an angry mob was assembling about something I did.

To someone who was doing this for the art (or any other noble reason) it would.

-Matt Colin

TweetyBear

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TweetyBear

i bought this shirt the instant i saw it. i love the idea

Earlysong

quality posts: 21 Private Messages Earlysong
sekiyoku wrote:It's a minor change... other artists have edited designs in the print ready to fix things like the number of fingers and such. Woot clearly doesn't have a problem with small edits, since they themselves edited the centering on the text on my procrastinate shirt.

I agree. I cannot think of why anyone would have NOT voted if ythe changes had been made sooner. It's not like people are going to go, "Oh darn the turtle is darker now, guess I won't buy the shirt."

I love this website! ^^

Beffy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Beffy

Random thought: Woot doesn't PermaBan people? Surprising.

Anyway, while I like some of Seki and Ramy's shirts, this isn't one of them. Grats on the win though I don't understand why people are complaining still though, since it's a democracy here, not a dictatorship. Unless people really think Woot allows people to vote for themselves 1000 times, and then buy their own shirts. Woot doesn't care about art or cutesy or any design style, it's more about money for them. If it sells, it stays, and thats the whole point of the voting. Vote for what you like. Unless someone would rather in not be a democracy, and just have some random person pick their favorites :P

jenopy

quality posts: 5 Private Messages jenopy

NO, TURTLE!!!

....You have tragically misunderstood.

it's "SLOW AND STEADY",
not "FIRE WHEN READY"!!!!

StargateGamingGeek

quality posts: 14 Private Messages StargateGamingGeek

I had no idea that Turtles, Tortoises, and Flubber were the same thing.

Though in all honesty, saying that is an insult to the Flubber, it's more expressive than the green, I'm going to guess, animal on this shirt.

bethlehemstarr

quality posts: 19 Private Messages bethlehemstarr

I don't understand how you can possibly think that it is 'fair' to change your design in a way that is rather drastic. The fact that the turtle now has a sense of motion where it did not before is a big deal.

MULTIPLE people mentioned this in the derby thread for the shirt you submitted, and your response was "I appreciate all the constructive criticism, but a lot were things I considered when doing the design and then made decisions about."

I honestly think that you have acted in a very dishonest way. Just to assume that "there were some people who would have voted if I had mentioned the change", is dishonest, and unfair- both to the voters, and to all of the designers who acted in an honorable fashion.

I am disgusted by both your behavior and by woot's.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Earlysong wrote:You know he's being really sarcastic, right?

I wanted others to be clear of my position. Too often, lately, I have been criticized for being too sarcastic, myself.

paulkremer

quality posts: 4 Private Messages paulkremer

This would be so much better if the turtle were moving or crossing a finish line or something, as if the turtle shot the bunny right before he went across the finish and is currently passing him.

This looks as though the turtle shot the bunny up, and then just turned around to chill. It makes me sad to see stuff like this win when it could have been so much better executed. Another phone-in from seki, and her clones do the same old thing...eat it up.