run2home93

quality posts: 9 Private Messages run2home93

Looks like an animalistic takeoff of "Death Race." Jason Statham destroying once again.

Me: Check out my joke bouncy ball I'm selling on ebay!
Woot: Don't sell things in your signature, please.
LOL

abreeve

quality posts: 1 Private Messages abreeve
Earlysong wrote:Lol, I was proved wrong.

Yea, I understood that the turtle subsequently walked past the hare after annihilating it, and the bent leg shows he is still in motion but I liked it more when he then paused there either because he just crossed the finish line (not shown) or because he just wanted to pause and bask in his victory.

KaylaJ

quality posts: 22 Private Messages KaylaJ
ssjbryces wrote:Now the question is whether or not it's worth spending the time I do on this site, waiting around for that Fudge Ripple.

you just reminded me i had a sundae in the fridge, and to think some people don't like these forums!

lonelypond

quality posts: 461 Private Messages lonelypond
TheyKilledKenny wrote:No... he has to be in office for at least two weeks...

ha!

Like Poe? Of course you do, you're here ; ) Try my new mystery novel:

Delusionalovely

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Delusionalovely
AdderXYU wrote:Snipped by Mod.

I believe they were more upset with the thought of you insulting those who vote for Seki and Ramy's designs.

By stating that they only vote because of who designed the shirt(or buy only because of who designed it, as you snapped at the poster with your references to the "Noo, he's my broother!!!" bunny shirt... which I actually didn't realize had printed. sad.), the poster feels as though you are insulting them, who probably did vote for the shirt simply because they'd wear it rather than the fact that Seki designed it.

Also, they were, in essence, stating the Twilight-old saying that hating something because everyone else likes it is the same as liking something for the same reason.

Also, not to get snapped at or anything, but I don't think Ramy's shady dealings have anything to do with those who vote for the shirts.

ssjbryces

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ssjbryces
KaylaJ wrote:you just reminded me i had a sundae in the fridge, and to think some people don't like these forums!

I am glad that someone has benefited from this discussion.

cleverconveyence

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cleverconveyence
Delusionalovely wrote:I
Also, not to get snapped at or anything, but I don't think Ramy's shady dealings have anything to do with those who vote for the shirts.

Speak for yourself.

Number of shirt.woots in 08: 23 (not counting randoms and shirts bought for friends)
number of shirt.woots in 09: 2 (same criteria)

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Delusionalovely wrote:

Given their nigh-instantaneous dual-popularity here, the sheer frequency of their wins from the beginning, the lack of precedence of similar work winning regularly before, the increasing lack of quality in their pieces attached to similar winning percentages, the amount of votes they beat most other designs by, and their resurgence as a winning force to be reckoned with since the creation of a larger fog unseen in the hotness, after a number of slower months, I find it VERY hard to believe there is none of that shady past involved.

marlinprincess

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marlinprincess

Ok - I LOVE this shirt and laid-off or not, I must have it. First, though, I need a little shirt.woot expert advice:

I've never bought a shirt.woot for myself and I am stumped by the women's sizing. I'm thin and almost always wear a small on top (size 4-6). To accommodate my zealous dryer, I was going to buy a Women's Medium.

Then, I looked at the sizing chart. If I read it correctly, the WM is only 33" around the bust (that's basically a 30-32A). Can that be right? If so, should I get the WXL?

Nbr8sGirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Nbr8sGirl
AdderXYU wrote:We do. But because we care about art and artists being properly represented, we have an obligation for two things: first, to check here anyway to make sure we don't miss the rare awesome tee, and second, to fight however weakly we can to improve the site we used to love.

Anyone who will create a quagmire is loatheful, but anyone who will abandon a quagmire is doubly so.

OK. I can understand and appreciate that but why not fight the fight with woot, why continue to fight with the designers ? I mean, they don't make the rules, they don't decide the vote, etc. They post a design and sit back to see what happens.

I know there are theories and maybe even some truth in the probability that voting is swayed by the anti-adder [funny] vote, the just because I know it will piss you off vote, etc. But that can't really be proven. Even if you quote someone that says "I am going to vote for this shirt just because you hate it." That doesn't mean they did.

I think one vote per IP is a good start to maybe legitimizing the vote. Personally, I am not too keen on having woot select the winners. I was drawn to woot to begin with because it was completely popular vote.

I agree about fighting the fight and not giving up but at what point do you finally pull the plug ? Never ? OK. Then I guess we'll just see what happens.

Beffy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Beffy
marlinprincess wrote:Ok - I LOVE this shirt and laid-off or not, I must have it. First, though, I need a little shirt.woot expert advice:

I've never bought a shirt.woot for myself and I am stumped by the women's sizing. I'm thin and almost always wear a small on top (size 4-6). To accommodate my zealous dryer, I was going to buy a Women's Medium.

Then, I looked at the sizing chart. If I read it correctly, the WM is only 33" around the bust (that's basically a 30-32A). Can that be right? If so, should I get the WXL?

The shirts do run a little tight, but the womans shirts SHOULD stretch another inch or two if you want a tighter shirt. If you're looking for a looser shirt, I suggest going to the next size up.

bethlehemstarr

quality posts: 19 Private Messages bethlehemstarr
marlinprincess wrote:Ok - I LOVE this shirt and laid-off or not, I must have it. First, though, I need a little shirt.woot expert advice:

I'm a C cup, and I find the woman's medium to be painfully tight around my chest. I also find that they lose a LOT of their length (and I wash in cold water and dry on low heat).

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
AdderXYU wrote:We do. But because we care about art and artists being properly represented

Interesting words from someone who commits _slander_ against artists on this site ^_^.

You accused me of cheating in the 2nd chance derby, which is a blatant lie. I know you hate me for stating I wanted to win, and that I needed the money, and "I'm willing to sacrafice my artistic integrity" (which was a joke, dude, seriously), but I have never and would never cheat my art. It defeats the whole reason for doing it or being here.

So much for "proper representation". Just saying. -shrugg-

What's sad is I do sort of admire the sane part of why you're here. -facepalm-

<--will now leave exploding thread of doom forever...

HalfWheat

quality posts: 18 Private Messages HalfWheat

The 36c girls are happy in a WXL. I can wear the WL in a shirt that I want to be very snuggy, as long as there's not a big sheet of ink up top.

lostnightsoul

quality posts: 10 Private Messages lostnightsoul

I may have missed a few posts mentioning the issue, but didn't anyone actually look at the shirt before discussing who won / created the shirt?

What's with the violence, okay it's not the first, but I'm reminded a bit about the posting rules, to keep it PG-13. Shouldn't the shirt be close to that guideline?

Okay, it's late at night, and I'm starting to sound like some neo-con (which I'm not), but to even think that this shirt is available in kid-sizes is a but shocking. Then again you don't get more American than assualt machinery.

Oh well, next shirt, please.

Earlysong

quality posts: 21 Private Messages Earlysong

I wear 6's and I have to get a WL. A WL is slightly smaller than a normal unisex small.

I love this website! ^^

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
bassanimation wrote:Interesting words from someone who commits _slander_ against artists on this site ^_^.

i don't think anyone who is so reliably supportive of the two least creative "artists" since Photocopy Jones opened his exhibit "The Same Tree on Different Weights of Paper" really can consider themselves respectable enough for this consideration.

You've made your bed with your own comments here, whether joking or not, and for a joke, defended quite vehemently your right to submit any junk you wanted for the sake of a payday. You've also done your part to cut down a number of reliable, respectable, talented designers who have been here forever. I can hardly think that anything I've said about you is "slander" if you've so reliably brought your worst side to this site so early in your time here. Certainly you've been no less venomous to people who have proven their right to respect.

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

lostnightsoul wrote:I may have missed a few posts mentioning the issue, but didn't anyone actually look at the shirt before discussing who won / created the shirt?

What's with the violence, okay it's not the first, but I'm reminded a bit about the posting rules, to keep it PG-13. Shouldn't the shirt be close to that guideline?

Okay, it's late at night, and I'm starting to sound like some neo-con (which I'm not), but to even think that this shirt is available in kid-sizes is a but shocking. Then again you don't get more American than assualt machinery.

Oh well, next shirt, please.

Oh, sweetie. Wait'll you get a look at Monsieur Peter Rabbit. He... really wants his radishes, y'know?
*squeezes eyes tightly shut and clicks heels three times and wishes for the weekend to bring her cthulhu and rabbit and for this particular shirt to go away quick quick just a bad dream quick quick quick*

It sounds like we have similar sizing. I also wear 4-6. I am a 34c, and in American Apparel (which woot shirts are), if I want a super-tight, girly-cut shirt, I get a medium. If I want comfortable and somewhat body hugging, I get a large. If I want something loose and comfortable and oversized, I get an XL. I do line dry all my shirts, which means they stay roughly the same size. They shrink like woah in the dryer. If I buy an XL and it is just too big, I put it in the dryer on high heat, and it shrinks to a large. Same with the large--to a medium.
Hope that helps!

Delusionalovely

cleverconveyence wrote:Speak for yourself.

Don't worry, I did.

Delusionalovely

I wear a 32A and I wear the smalls tight, the mediums a bit big. If that helps at all? xD

xazothia

quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia

YAY BOOBS!

36D, not slender, and I wear WM comfortably. Yes, it stretches a little bit, but it's not tight. If I didn't want a snug fit, I would be buying the men's sizes.

if you are TALL, on the other hand (I'm around 5'5"), you probably want a bigger size, because you will lose length in the wash.

MissFortune

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MissFortune
goldenthorn wrote:Oh, sweetie. Wait'll you get a look at Monsieur Peter Rabbit. He... really wants his radishes, y'know?
*squeezes eyes tightly shut and clicks heels three times and wishes for the weekend to bring her cthulhu and rabbit and for this particular shirt to go away quick quick just a bad dream quick quick quick*

I'm laying my money on the gorgon and peter cottontail as the other two in the top three. (this is of course provided the other two seki/ramy things didn't win.)

icymallard

quality posts: 4 Private Messages icymallard

lol i swore too much in my post and it got deleted...

but basically i said that the casual voters who devote no time looking at shirts and just pick stuff they like immediately are ruining for people who actually look thru derby entries.

and i know ppl like this kinda stuff, but its so frustrating as someone who duznt want the same stuff over and over again to come to the site and go "ARRGGGG!!!!'
*THIS "POOP" AGAIN!??!?!

you just do not understand me at all.

by voting for this stuff over and over, you are basically being inconsiderate to my tastes and never letting me properly support some honest artists out there.

yes, voting and buying this stuff everytime is becoming a personal attack on my feelings, i bet you wouldnt like it if i made every indie art shirt print in top 3 and when u complain i defend it blah blah.

No, i think we should 50/50 it. :D

Earlysong

quality posts: 21 Private Messages Earlysong
xazothia wrote:YAY BOOBS!

I really cannot believe this conversation is happening.

Lol.

I love this website! ^^

Slarti59

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Slarti59

They run pretty small. I also usually wear a small top, and the Medium is rather tight around the bust, but fits fine elsewhere. I'd suggest getting a Large though, if it's a bit big, your dryer can take care of it =)

Edit: Actually this about sums it up, but I would suggest a Men's Small instead of a WXL if you want a looser shirt, since it's cut to be loose not fitted like the girls shirts.

goldenthorn wrote:It sounds like we have similar sizing. I also wear 4-6. I am a 34c, and in American Apparel (which woot shirts are), if I want a super-tight, girly-cut shirt, I get a medium. If I want comfortable and somewhat body hugging, I get a large. If I want something loose and comfortable and oversized, I get an XL.

Barninator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Barninator

Looks kinda like a Bioborg from Gammarauders!

icymallard

quality posts: 4 Private Messages icymallard
Barninator wrote:Looks kinda like a Bioborg from Gammarauders!

COOL A POKEMON BOARD GAME XDDDD!!!!!

azdarkknight

quality posts: 5 Private Messages azdarkknight
Nbr8sGirl wrote:Why don't those of you that haven't bought a shirt here since January go somewhere else to buy your shirts ? Seems like a simple enough solution to me.

We do (well, I do anyway), other places have received more of my funds in the past year than before.

However, we are also have some loyalty and know there are some amazing artists that submit here also, just losing out to the "hidden votes".

Unfortunately, $ will talk to Woot and while they continue to sell out , they will continue to print without question..

JadenKale did make a very valid point though, that this designer has already been banned from elsewhere for underhand tactics........

Roboram

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Roboram
AdderXYU wrote:That is an equally horrid proposal. Unless we're simply not paying Ramy and Seki.

Artists should profit from their work. They should not make work for profit. How are you people so unable to think of what is fair for art? Do you not appreciate it enough to think it deserves to have fair principles applied to its production and profit?

I understand where you are coming from, I used to do some photoshop for fun and made my own shirts back in the day. But when you make a competition out of it and have there be a monetary compensation, there are going to be people that take advantage of the system simply because they are greedy and are only in it for the money.

Think about it, according to all the controversy going on, most of the artists that already submit their work aren't getting paid for what they submit anyway since it's the same people winning over and over. I know if I made a design and won, the money would be nice, but I could care less about it, that's what getting a job is for.

Sure you could bring up issues of copyright and what not, but in the end, there should be that sense of pride behind knowing that you designed something others wanted, not, "oh money, money, money, money, money, money, money, money, money, money, money, money, money, money!". There will ALWAYS be people that try to scam their way into making "easy" money, so the best way to combat it is to remove the temptation. Plus, I'm sure they would charge a little less for shirts. :p

DandonTRJ

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DandonTRJ

I love how some of the critics' attitudes here are dangerously close to "our votes should count more because we *really* vet the choices." I'm sure you made that argument very convincingly during the last presidential election. "No, seriously you guys, I read so much campaign literature, I *really* know why X should win over Y, so I think my vote should count two or three times." Guess what, democracy doesn't always swing your way on the "quality" spectrum. If you want different shirts to win, convince people there's more to life than the cutesy. If you can't do that, shut up and let the people have their cutesy. Or just keep complaining how everyone around here isn't as "enlightened" as you, o' basement-dwelling irate message-boarders.

nretamp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nretamp
prateeko wrote:Really, a turret on the back? You'd think a rocket pack would make more sense since they were RACING each other...

Cause a rocket pack really fits the theme of "cute things being naughty." That makes sense.

majiksparkle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages majiksparkle
AdderXYU wrote:I would love to see your list of shirts.

I am certain that there have been MANY well done cute shirts you have not touched. How about Lucky1988's Editor's choice print with the animals in the heart? Jewelwing's bunnies in the crane game? Flying Mouse's Panda in a Bathtub? These are all cute concepts with far better execution. I would wager you didn't buy a one of them.

Fortunately I couldn't care less about your approval of my wardrobe. I didn't like the bunny shirt because I found it depressing. Actually, I didn't like the panda shirt either. Just because you like them, doesn't make them superior.

My list of shirts I've bought--not including the 15 randoms I have or the ones my hubby has bought me:

A Clue?
Mother
Listen to your conscience
The original blue hedgehog
Optimistic courtship
Grim optimism
Our Movie Genre
Octospelled
A is for Atlas
New Kid in Town
Tuesday is going to be rough
At last we meet (my lone arty shirt)
Iceberg, a head
It's going out faster than it's coming in
Suburban Blitzkrieg
Fat Unicorn
The cake is a liar

This isn't an art gallery. It's a business. Seki and RamyB are business people. They make shirts people like.

Outside a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog it's too dark to read.

marlinprincess

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marlinprincess

The shirt.woot community is fantastic! Thank you ladies (and gents?) for all the helpful input!

I think I'll try the WL, as I have a WL American Apparel tee that is flattering and fits comfortably. Besides my bf's shirts, it's the only large in my drawer, but hey - if it works, it works.

Thanks again!!

allenallen

quality posts: 17 Private Messages allenallen

This turtle with his minigun could be a fish hunterman

Coffee will win the war, but sleep will win every dadburned battle.

zeusmaster27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zeusmaster27

funny, in for one.

Kagutsuchi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Kagutsuchi

You know, it's impossible to have a derby (or any shirt at all for that matter) without some people hating it. Everyone wants their favorite to win, *fill in other complaint here*, etc. But really, whining about it isn't going to do you any good. The derby winners are decided by the masses; and best of luck in trying to sway them. If you don't like the shirt, then don't buy the shirt. It's that simple. Just don't insult the artist because you think your opinion is more important than everyone else's.

/rant off.

Xindra

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Xindra
Kagutsuchi wrote:You know, it's impossible to have a derby (or any shirt at all for that matter) without some people hating it. Everyone wants their favorite to win, *fill in other complaint here*, etc. But really, whining about it isn't going to do you any good. The derby winners are decided by the masses; and best of luck in trying to sway them. If you don't like the shirt, then don't buy the shirt. It's that simple. Just don't insult the artist because you think your opinion is more important than everyone else's.

/rant off.

I just wish more people knew about the trash they are supporting by giving money to this artist and her equally classless counter part.

Searching Sylvia Shi after someone suggested it definitely was enough for me to no longer support them whatsoever regardless if I liked their style or not, as they are just really crappy people.

cakeninjak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cakeninjak
rrearleii wrote:tortoise shoots hare, tortoise passes hare. learn object permanence, young one.

That's not what object permanence is. Object permanence is the knowledge of an object's existence despite lack of direct sight of said object.

As for the design....eh. Not my thing. I'm getting kind of sick of seeing the same thing, and I've only been here for maybe a month or two.

There were definitely more deserving designs.

7usabball

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 7usabball
bpr2 wrote:So a gun that shoots forward kills things behind it? Did I get that right?

Notice the gun steaming... and the bunny already down...

It means he was behind the bunny, shot the heck out of him, and is now in head of him.

Oh, and I love the design, its just too much to have on a t-shirt

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
sekiyoku wrote:I'm mostly talking to the buyers/voters, not the commenters. :p

yes because they are you and you, and you and you and you and also, you and you, you you and you ....get the picture.