Draug

quality posts: 69 Private Messages Draug
AdderXYU wrote:The rabbit represents everyone on this site other than her and Ramy. Somehow destroyed even though her weaponry is questionably designed and not even heading in the right direction.

Well...yeah, duh. -_-

It was...kinda meant to be unsaid but whatever. *shrugs*

The enemy's gate is down.
Writers are people too! (Albeit strange ones.)
Save Poe! Reckon Nevermore! Or he'll be head-locked forevermore!

ack154

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ack154

Love the concept. Hate the art. OK, so I just hate the tortoise part. Why does he look all rounded and have one dot for an eye?

Oh wait, I know why. Cause he's an anime turtle.

Honestly I think if anyone else drew this, I'd probably be clicking the unnecessarily large orange Buy It button right now. I just can't stand the design of the tortoise.

Hashbuddz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hashbuddz

Don't know what it is about these green shirts, and kick @#$ animals on them. But I can't get enough!

lindab53

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lindab53
paramecium10 wrote:Yeah no kidding. Strangely enough we hadn't seen it in a long time until they made it so you couldn't see votes being applied to entries in the fog. Suddenly she and Ramy are getting printed every week again.

...and I haven't bought a single shirt since.

devilshopper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages devilshopper
colinm09 wrote:All that weaponry and the turtle was only able to slightly singe the rabbit? Waste of money, I'd say! You want more destruction in your heavy assault guns!

Dude, that bunny is the killer bunny from my favorite comix. Of course, he is barely hurt. He has to come back in the next scene to kick the turtle's shell.

jeffwinz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jeffwinz
BlackbeardBen wrote:Spy's sappin' mah tortoise!

if i could find you and high five you right now i would, epic comment dear sir, EPIC!!!

Coelli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Coelli

And it's sold out when I checked at 8:30am Eastern.

nutmeg9

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nutmeg9
isparabola wrote:It's really sad when a company like woot stops caring about quality...

Haha. I think you forgot that you're talking about the company that made a *baby of the cosmos* an online obsession.

I bought the shirt. I'm a slow runner and will wear this to every 5k race as a warning to all those rabbits up front. The fact that there's a huge controversy surrounding this tee only makes me love it more.

SylentKnight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SylentKnight

I'm come in to work, and the shirt's already sold out. Wow. I guess I'll have to get it when it hits the reckoning chart.

sezen

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sezen

Ok, I like cute things and all, but this??!???? AND ITS SOLD OUT?!????! Where is the veggie gang I thought that would be #1 since it was so cool.

tldriggers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tldriggers

What exactly do people have to gain for writing mean comments about the shirt? I think it's cute and if you don't like it, just keep it to yourself. Negativity is contagious and may come back around to you.

elviswind

quality posts: 1 Private Messages elviswind

What the Manos: The Hands of Fate (1966) is this . . . don't you people want some variety in your wardrobe?

elviswind

quality posts: 1 Private Messages elviswind
tldriggers wrote:What exactly do people have to gain for writing mean comments about the shirt? I think it's cute and if you don't like it, just keep it to yourself. Negativity is contagious and may come back around to you.

Welcome to woot . . . expression of outrage is encouraged on the forum.

sirensmask

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sirensmask

For all the whining about this shirt, it sold out awfully fast...
62% > one year old
...by mostly older wooters. Hmm.
I didn't buy one, turtles aren't my thing, but its still amusing for how much angst every entry generates woot is making a mint. Looking forward to some adorable bird shirts next derby Also fingers crossed for the Gorgon shirt. Ahhh mythology.

TheyKilledKenny

quality posts: 2 Private Messages TheyKilledKenny
elviswind wrote:Welcome to woot . . . expression of outrage is encouraged on the forum.

I though it was a requirement...

Excuse Me Maam, Your Woot is Showing...

jabberjaws13

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jabberjaws13

crazy how there is always so much discussion about how ramy and seki rig the voting, yet it sold out?

who'd have thunk?

Happy Beer.

bsketbllplyer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bsketbllplyer

Oh for the sake of art!??!

wait... this is a shirt... on a website that is called woot.com

wow, you all almost convinced me that a shirt should be a work of art... would you buy a shirt that had the Mona Lisa printed on it? I wouldn't.

And for all you people who aspire to create beautiful art with style and perfection with every detail painstakingly analyzed... wouldn't you prefer your pieces to be on display in a gallery or something?

edit:I guess cursing isn't allowed.

TheyKilledKenny

sezen wrote:Ok, I like cute things and all, but this??!???? AND ITS SOLD OUT?!????! Where is the veggie gang I thought that would be #1 since it was so cool.

I want Kung-Fu Brocolli!!!

TheyKilledKenny

AdderXYU wrote:"Fudge Ripple" was actually what Aristotle asked to be called 'round the bathhouses.

Then I stand... or sit... corrected...

OPlo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages OPlo

haven't seen a decently designed shirt in ages. i'm amazed that this thing sold out so fast. is the average woot buyer 12 or something?

TheyKilledKenny

Nbr8sGirl wrote:OK. I can understand and appreciate that but why not fight the fight with woot, why continue to fight with the designers ? I mean, they don't make the rules, they don't decide the vote, etc. They post a design and sit back to see what happens.

I know there are theories and maybe even some truth in the probability that voting is swayed by the anti-adder [funny] vote, the just because I know it will piss you off vote, etc. But that can't really be proven. Even if you quote someone that says "I am going to vote for this shirt just because you hate it." That doesn't mean they did.

I think one vote per IP is a good start to maybe legitimizing the vote. Personally, I am not too keen on having woot select the winners. I was drawn to woot to begin with because it was completely popular vote.

I agree about fighting the fight and not giving up but at what point do you finally pull the plug ? Never ? OK. Then I guess we'll just see what happens.

Actually, I have emailed woot on a few occasions... and they were very responsive.

TheyKilledKenny

OPlo wrote:haven't seen a decently designed shirt in ages. i'm amazed that this thing sold out so fast. is the average woot buyer 12 or something?

People buying X-Mas presents... for recipients around 12 or something...

akd85

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akd85

The shirt is on theme... but I don't like it. To give you an idea of what I like... I bought the Krampus shirt and the extreme national park shirt. So these cute animals do little for me.

There is clearly a large portion of people who like cute shiny animals... These are the type of people that own cats, btw.

Tomorrow will be that squirrel design and who knows what will get three.. maybe the dot eyed dinosaur one.

I mean, I shouldn't complain, I don't have the time to design stuff myself, but if I was one of the designers on this site, I would start to get pretty fed up and stop making things since the same style wins every week.

Don't blame the artist, blame the voters I say.

Where do these voter come from... I can't imagine they are wooters that all have the same personality. The designs aren't bad... but defiantly not good enough to win every week. Maybe I am crazy.

WOOTZing

breakpoint

quality posts: 0 Private Messages breakpoint

These cute designs make me not want to wear them. I like the concept, but the baby like animals is a big turnoff on a purchase. Make them grow up!

slyphox

quality posts: 6 Private Messages slyphox

If ya aint first, you're last!

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
— Jeremy Clarkson

OPlo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages OPlo
TheyKilledKenny wrote:People buying X-Mas presents... for recipients around 12 or something...

that's the only thing that makes any sense. this thing is garbage. the cutsy situational 3d animated character thing is so old, tired, overdone and lacking creativity.

ztrop

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ztrop

Just as I had predicted... welcome to Woot, your choices are either pokémon or Hello Kitty.

Next shirt, please (althought I know it will be ramy's design)

ミ☆  ミ★  ミ☆  ミ★

Lazarus426

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lazarus426

i'm so sad this is sold out how can I get one now?

snarglepuffs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snarglepuffs
Nbr8sGirl wrote:Why don't those of you that haven't bought a shirt here since January go somewhere else to buy your shirts ? Seems like a simple enough solution to me.

Because as much as it leaps into the vacuum to see the same two people win over and over (and over and over...), we still see quality entries from other artists every week, and still want them to win. In the hopes that ramy and seki will either leave or improve, we stick around in order to give the other artists a fighting chance. Sometimes those artists win; sadly, most of the time they don't.

cleverconveyence

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cleverconveyence
TheyKilledKenny wrote:Maybe they also rig the system by purchasing all their own shirts...

They put zero effort into their designs, why would they put that much effort into buying their own shirts?

Number of shirt.woots in 08: 23 (not counting randoms and shirts bought for friends)
number of shirt.woots in 09: 2 (same criteria)

ghett0bella

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ghett0bella

SOLD OUT?! It's not even 11 a.m.!

<3 passionate bears

Kashii

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kashii

Utter disappointment Woot voters. This shirt has no balance, the two characters are floating in the middle of no where, and worse off, it shouldn't have even been in the fog. let alone in first place ahead of In Addition To Your Radishes, Outside the Lines, or Distractive Frolic. How many horribly composed shirts can you actually buy? Stop voting for cute unless you really intend to buy, if not go to DA and fawn there . Guh.

schw9411

quality posts: 8 Private Messages schw9411

That write-up is THE MOST BEAUTIFUL THING I HAVE EVER READ!!! *sob... sob.....

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

edit: I removed my graphic because ehhh, whatever. Not worth it for this shirt. Not even for the lulz.

everlore

quality posts: 3 Private Messages everlore

I missed it. Do they ever reprint shirts?

e

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby

NEED MOAR ARTZ!!!#~

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

tcoles

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tcoles
jenopy wrote:NO, TURTLE!!!

....You have tragically misunderstood.

it's "SLOW AND STEADY",
not "FIRE WHEN READY"!!!!

I'm with you Jenopy.

The fact this design won and shirt sold out makes a statement about our society that saddens and depresses me. I guess it could have been worse. The turtle could have had an american flag on it.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.

ztrop

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ztrop
tcoles wrote:I guess it could have been worse. The turtle could have had an american flag on it.

But then it wouldn't have been kawaii japanese.

ミ☆  ミ★  ミ☆  ミ★

Draug

quality posts: 69 Private Messages Draug

Congrats on the sell-out! :D

The enemy's gate is down.
Writers are people too! (Albeit strange ones.)
Save Poe! Reckon Nevermore! Or he'll be head-locked forevermore!

Jeraldina

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jeraldina

Did this really just get sold out? ARG! The day isn't even over yet! I'm so disappointed! I rreeeaaally wanttteddd onee! Bring it back!