ssjbryces

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ssjbryces
tcoles wrote:I'm with you Jenopy.

The fact this design won and shirt sold out makes a statement about our society that saddens and depresses me. I guess it could have been worse. The turtle could have had an american flag on it.

But then it would've had to be a BALD EAGLE (it's in all caps because that's how awesome the eagle would have to be to represent AMURRIKA).

logosmonkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages logosmonkey

Nice enough design, but I like the DPO designs on the same theme.. and their comic on it for that matter.

http://www.digitalpimponline.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=51

llandar

quality posts: 32 Private Messages llandar
schw9411 wrote:That write-up is THE MOST BEAUTIFUL THING I HAVE EVER READ!!! *sob... sob.....

FINALLY, some constructive discussion.

mrjag123

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mrjag123

i like the imposter shirt of seki. the rest is a heaping pile of meh.

but at the end of the day, it isnt about the best art, but the most revenue. the meh designs sell...and seemingly sell well (as evidenced by the early sellout of todays shirt even though i dont get it)

sales shirt reckoning rank base pay post-pay woot revenue
9643 music is life 16 1000 13286 116359
13090 imposter 7 1000 20180 161170
4592 procrastinate 2 1000 3184 50696
4553 computer mice 5 1000 3106 50189
3000 race new 1000 0 30000

seki pay 44756
woot revenue 408414

i actually like the model here supporting the artists based on sales...reward the revenue generation. but that doesnt mean i (or anyone) has to like the winning art the best - at the end of the day its about economics here imho

bobbyfoster

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bobbyfoster

NOOOOOOO! SOLD OUT!?!?! SOLD OUT?!?! NOOOOO!!!! I WANT ONE!!!!!

enigmachick

quality posts: 6 Private Messages enigmachick

Yeah, I'll have to get one for my husband. He will love this.

No. That's not me.

mccsean2

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mccsean2

Boom. Headshot.

llamabox

quality posts: 36 Private Messages llamabox
bobbyfoster wrote:NOOOOOOO! SOLD OUT!?!?! SOLD OUT?!?! NOOOOO!!!! I WANT ONE!!!!!

Okay, okay... you look like an honest face that really wants the shirt. So here's what I did for you: I took a few of the guys at Shirt.Woot out for a few drinks, had some adult discussion, threatened to black mail and well.. you don't need to know all the minor details.

So I arranged for a special reprinting just for you. Just come back tomorrow and you can get it for $15-- I know, I know, it's not $10 but it's all I could arrange.

Here's your magical link. But don't click it until tomorrow! I'm watching you...

Make your own damn beer

sleepyplushie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sleepyplushie
jabberjaws13 wrote:crazy how there is always so much discussion about how ramy and seki rig the voting, yet it sold out?

who'd have thunk?

Well since rigging the voting is in question, Ramy and Seki buying a couple of these shirts themselves isn't out of the question either.

Draug

quality posts: 69 Private Messages Draug
llamabox wrote:Okay, okay... you look like an honest face that really wants the shirt. So here's what I did for you: I took a few of the guys at Shirt.Woot out for a few drinks, had some adult discussion, threatened to black mail and well.. you don't need to know all the minor details.

So I arranged for a special reprinting just for you. Just come back tomorrow and you can get it for $15-- I know, I know, it's not $10 but it's all I could arrange.

Here's your magical link. But don't click it until tomorrow! I'm watching you...

lmao great job.

Now can you convince them to bring back the Classics?

The enemy's gate is down.
Writers are people too! (Albeit strange ones.)
Save Poe! Reckon Nevermore! Or he'll be head-locked forevermore!

meh3884

quality posts: 25 Private Messages meh3884

this derby was completely ruined. one person started the one animal kills another, and then it took over all the submissions. even if the idea were original, i think its still an awful take on the theme

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

isparabola

quality posts: 8 Private Messages isparabola

I'm not surprised this sells out anymore. It is depressing though.

sabru8

quality posts: 54 Private Messages sabru8

Knew this was going to sell out fast...glad I bought mine at the stroke of 1am.

kcman011

quality posts: 5 Private Messages kcman011

Wow, so glad I missed this win. I don't like Seki's style at all, but I can understand why it has mass appeal...

Here's hoping for something not Ramy or Seki tomorrow...

parilous

quality posts: 1 Private Messages parilous
Jeraldina wrote:Did this really just get sold out? ARG! The day isn't even over yet! I'm so disappointed! I rreeeaaally wanttteddd onee! Bring it back!

How do you pronounce 3 "d"s anyway?

YAY!! It's my turn to answer the question that is asked EVERY SINGLE TIME a shirt sells out:

1. At the very top of this discussion is a post.
  2. Inside the post is a picture of the t-shirt.
  3. Next to the picture is a link that says, "Ongoing sale: shirt # (live in XXh XXm)"
  4. Clicking on the shirt number takes you to this link: http://shirt.woot.com/Friends.aspx?k=11397

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
isparabola wrote:I'm not surprised this sells out anymore. It is depressing though.

welcome to
cuteanimaldoessomethingonashirt.woot.com!
the next one is more like the real address though....
cutealmostlookslikeananimaldoessomethingonashirt.woot.com!

biscuitplr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages biscuitplr
parilous wrote:How do you pronounce 3 "d"s anyway?

YAY!! It's my turn to answer the question that is asked EVERY SINGLE TIME a shirt sells out:

1. At the very top of this discussion is a post.
  2. Inside the post is a picture of the t-shirt.
  3. Next to the picture is a link that says, "Ongoing sale: shirt # (live in XXh XXm)"
  4. Clicking on the shirt number takes you to this link: http://shirt.woot.com/Friends.aspx?k=11397

Am I missing something, must be because I don't see how you can order/reserve this shirt... Anyone?

biscuitplr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages biscuitplr
biscuitplr wrote:Am I missing something, must be because I don't see how you can order/reserve this shirt... Anyone?

Nevermind, have to order it that day after

intel617

quality posts: 0 Private Messages intel617

how much do winners get paid for each shirt published? im curious since there are so many people stating these are being rigged.

just curious. thanks

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

intel617 wrote:how much do winners get paid for each shirt published? im curious since there are so many people stating these are being rigged.

just curious. thanks

$1,000 upfront (not literally upfront, just that it's $1,000 for the purchase of the design, regardless of the amount sold) and $2 for every shirt purchased after the first day of sale.

genericsmith

quality posts: 15 Private Messages genericsmith

Insults bounced off her like rubber
As she won with a pokemon and flubber
she collects another check
with some more design dreck
and long time shirt wooters just shudder

Munchy Attack If you can find the name of this artist & real song title I'll buy you a daily woot shirt (your choice what day)

Dystopia Dark Lager, Where the Wild Parties at?, B.A. Bearacus, and many more wanted in XXL(PLEASE!!!)
Edgar Allen Poe shall remained headlock'd until Nevermore is reckoned.

meh3884

quality posts: 25 Private Messages meh3884
intel617 wrote:how much do winners get paid for each shirt published? im curious since there are so many people stating these are being rigged.

just curious. thanks

I'm not positive if things have changed, but its somewhere around $1000-$1500 for a printed shirt, then a subsidy of around $2 each sale made after the first day.

I could be off on the numbers, though. One of the old timers around will be able to get it exact.

I don't think the votes are rigged, I just think that woot commenters believe they make up a much bigger chunk of the voting block than they actually do. While I wish they were right, I think a very large number of voters do not read comments, much less make their own, and just vote on shirts that they want. That's where the discrepancy between pure democracy vs. integrity of the designs comes into play. Its a difficult system.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

parilous wrote:How do you pronounce 3 "d"s anyway?

*snip*

Ha! You can do this for all the sellouts that I don't deem worthy of a graphic for further/future sales.
Like this one.
Have fun!

monkeygod

quality posts: 0 Private Messages monkeygod
bobbyfoster wrote:NOOOOOOO! SOLD OUT!?!?! SOLD OUT?!?! NOOOOO!!!! I WANT ONE!!!!!

Me too. :P

31 woots including: 10 shirt, 3 kids, 2 sellout
featuring 2 robots, 6 monkeys

icymallard

quality posts: 4 Private Messages icymallard

lol im so glad i dont actually see ppl wearing these things.

the things i would do to u... XD

falken

quality posts: 1 Private Messages falken

You can allways predict a shirt is going to sell out, the first 3 pages are people complaining about how horrible the shirt is and that it shouldn't have won.

ztrop

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ztrop
meh3884 wrote:this derby was completely ruined. one person started the one animal kills another, and then it took over all the submissions. even if the idea were original, i think its still an awful take on the theme

Very much agreed

ミ☆  ミ★  ミ☆  ミ★

DrewDaddio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DrewDaddio

It's a $10 shirt... if I like it I buy it and if I don't I won't.

I look at the derby and choose a design that I like. I don't study in depth of the artists and could really careless about who made an awesome shirt design (no offense artists). I just go through and select stuff that I'd like to wear.

Anyway, it's just a shirt...

missles9

quality posts: 1 Private Messages missles9

I think moving to a nine block fog and removing non-fogged entries from the hotness has had the effect that the anti seki and ramy crowd doesn't know where to consolidate votes to keep those designs from printing. It used to be that ramy or seki would have a design in the fog or close, and others would make a push to vote for the other four to keep them out of the fog. Now, without a sense of knowing which other shirts have the best chance of beating the wonder twins, votes are spread out on the actual "I'd wear this shirt" mentality instead of "Please God, win so they don't."

nretamp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nretamp
Kashii wrote:Utter disappointment Woot voters. This shirt has no balance, the two characters are floating in the middle of no where, and worse off, it shouldn't have even been in the fog. let alone in first place ahead of In Addition To Your Radishes, Outside the Lines, or Distractive Frolic. How many horribly composed shirts can you actually buy? Stop voting for cute unless you really intend to buy, if not go to DA and fawn there . Guh.

"Stop voting for cute unless you really intend to buy?"... sold out in 6 hours (by 62% 1year+ wooters as mentioned earlier). So, I'd say that people intended to buy it. Thus, stop ripping the obvious mass of people that liked it because it doesn't fit your definition of a "perfectly composed shirt."

chris4253

quality posts: 1 Private Messages chris4253
TheyKilledKenny wrote:No... he has to be in office for at least two weeks...

Roflcopter

nretamp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nretamp
mrjag123 wrote:i like the imposter shirt of seki. the rest is a heaping pile of meh.

but at the end of the day, it isnt about the best art, but the most revenue. the meh designs sell...and seemingly sell well

One man's meh is another man's t-shirt.

403forbidden

quality posts: 1 Private Messages 403forbidden
BlackbeardBen wrote:Spy's sappin' mah tortoise!

I believe the sentry manual says you need to 'remove the red and green wires and tune dial (bludgeon device with reckless abandon).'

alphadogginny

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alphadogginny

If a shirt is sold out on the first day, you can still buy it on Monday right, or Saturday even?

cantstopthesignal

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cantstopthesignal
everlore wrote:I missed it. Do they ever reprint shirts?

NO.

Now go away.

InfernoX

quality posts: 1 Private Messages InfernoX

Seki's designs are awful, sorry. Shiny, cute anime animal, beady eyes = Instant win (with Ramy in second). People really should do a search on the webs for Ramy and Amuria (sekiyoku) to see what exactly they have done at various anime cons. It's downright dirty and I will never support anything they do because of it.

JaundiceDave

quality posts: 2 Private Messages JaundiceDave
AdderXYU wrote:
Artists should profit from their work. They should not make work for profit.

Are you serious? Grow up.

colinm09

quality posts: 70 Private Messages colinm09
JaundiceDave wrote:Are you serious? Grow up.

What is your complaint about that statement? Are you saying that the purpose of art is to make money? True artists don't care about the pay checks; they do art because it's something they love and want to share with others. That being said, a true artist who makes something worthwhile deserves to be fairly compensated. Loop's 12 Days of Christmas comes to mind as a perfect recent example: hours upon hours had to have been spent on that beautiful design (I looked at her step by step process...it was intimidating) and, as such, she deserves to be compensated for her work. Seki and Ramy crank out designs that I will loosely call art for one purpose: profit. It defeats the purpose of art if the artist is just trying to make a quick buck. They are monstrous people. I don't support cheaters.

Perhaps you are the one who needs to grow up.

-Matt Colin

GlobalWombat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GlobalWombat
colinm09 wrote:Perhaps you are the one who needs to grow up.

Reality Check: This is a discussion about t-shirt designs.

Even more of a reality check: The best artists have have gone unnoticed since time immemorial.

Thanks for stating the obvious and tacking it on to a truly ridiculous discussion.

Mancho

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Mancho
GlobalWombat wrote:Reality Check: This is a discussion about t-shirt designs.

Even more of a reality check: The best artists have have gone unnoticed since time immemorial.

Thanks for stating the obvious and tacking it on to a truly ridiculous discussion.

I'm not sure what to make of your comment. Are you suggesting that the contribution of the artists here is worthless simply because the design would presumably be printed on a shirt? I've seen many works of art here that I would gladly frame and hang on my wall as well a wear on a shirt.