SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Re: Independence

Wow, this is a unique idea... One of the few shirts that works best with the white t-shirt.

marzipanapple

quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple
Re: school of chickenheads

I really like the sketchy line art and the subtle colors. Great work

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Bird Watchers REVERSED
cat thing wrote:Your shirts are almost always my favorites. They are always sweet and simple and very wearable. I really hope you print one of these days. I love these creepy window birds =)

Why thanks cat thing, so nice to hear that! I appreciate your support, and glad you like the creepy window birds=)

capedcrusader514

quality posts: 1 Private Messages capedcrusader514

Oh, and what color is this on?

marzipanapple

quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple

walmazan

quality posts: 65 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Rockin Robin

Hola Alex! bueno verte por estos rumbos!, sabes que me encanta este diseño!

GMV!

SkekTek

Re: People Watching

Again, a wonderful way to frame the design and choice of shirt colors. I'd buy this. Plus, I'm sure a bunch of my students in Animal Behavior would get it too. Bravo, dude.

j0naht

quality posts: 0 Private Messages j0naht
Re: Yummy Bird

It is a nice contrast. I Lol-ed +1

Misskari

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Misskari
Re: The RAWKatiels

They're birds with built-in mohawks, so they have a natural affinity toward being able to play punk music.

Click for a large version

Hengehog

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Hengehog
BootsBoots wrote:After making this design, people have made me aware of it. I haven't seen it, though. This design was originally going to be one of the little birds getting stepped on while it tried to eat bread crumbs on the sidewalk. I changed it to the wire because the composition didn't feel so right on the first version.

Boots, here is a link to the Pixar video.

I love your design!

bvillarreal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bvillarreal
Re: Flipping the Bird

Very punny! GMV

alphadogginny

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alphadogginny
Re: Big Jerk

Sorry to disappoint you guys, but this image is similar to that of a Pixar short. The birds little birds make fun of the big one, he flies up and lands in the center and the wire stretches all the way down and he falls off and they all going flying up and you see they all lost their feathers at the end. It's called for the birds, here is a link to an image that looks extremely similar. http://www.pixar.com/shorts/ftb/index.html

striker138

quality posts: 1 Private Messages striker138
Re: The American Bald(ing) Eagle

Bald Eagles weren't always bald ya know.

Comments, suggestions, and insults (which I know you all love) are always appreciated!

SkekTek

Re: Bald Eagle

Cute idea! What I'd probably do to revise, if you ever get around to it, would be to make the feathers on the body a bit less obvious (more beige/brown, less white), since you want to draw attention to the head more.

I've seen many bad bird moltings, and it ain't pretty

xazothia

quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia

I love the logo on the drumset!

alphadogginny

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alphadogginny

[quote postid="3665790" user="alphadogginny"]Sorry to disappoint you guys, but this image is similar to that of a Pixar short. The birds little birds make fun of the big one, he flies up and lands in the center and the wire stretches all the way down and he falls off and they all going flying up and you see they all lost their feathers at the end. It's called for the birds, here is a link to an image that looks extremely similar. http://www.pixar.com/shorts/ftb/index.html[/quote

Sorry, apparently I'm too late to point this out.

SkekTek

Re: Giiiiizzzaaaaards

Bass, one of the nicest things about this design is a lack of background. The scratches on the "ground" are perfect.

Plus it's just joyously gruesome that there's a bone in the hip of the fallen one that kinda looks like a femur Poor thing had a leg shoved UP into its body

kender42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kender42
Re: The world's richest duck

I have this sudden urge to purchase AFLAC insurance.

jabberjaws13

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jabberjaws13
Re: The Original Recycler

i.love.this.

infinityloop's was my favorite, however i believe your's is now tied with it. god i hope this prints. great design. great, great design. gmv fo sho.

Happy Beer.

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
kender42 wrote:I have this sudden urge to purchase AFLAC insurance.

Little known fact, the auto insurance industry was founded by ducks.

xazothia

it's hard to tell if this is supposed to be on gray or blue - the thumbnail and the shirt comp technically don't match.

Great illustration, though. He looks like a birdy Elvis Costello.

SkekTek

alphadogginny wrote:Sorry to disappoint you guys, but this image is similar to that of a Pixar short. The birds little birds make fun of the big one, he flies up and lands in the center and the wire stretches all the way down and he falls off and they all going flying up and you see they all lost their feathers at the end. It's called for the birds, here is a link to an image that looks extremely similar. http://www.pixar.com/shorts/ftb/index.html

Yeah, it's called "For the Birds". Absolutely the best short Pixar ever did. But I would argue that this is a parody of that short, which is usually allowed.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: The Original Recycler

Awesome. I like the idea of a shirt that sort of promotes recycling while referencing showing something sorta cool/sorta nerdy at the same time. Clever!

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc

This is awesome! I like the motion in the drawing, color choices and attention to detail. This may just be my favorite shirt in the derby.

xazothia

Re: Giiiiizzzaaaaards

I hadn't realized from the sketches he was using a baster. Great detail The expression on the chicken is also hilarious.

spilzer

quality posts: 119 Private Messages spilzer
Re: Independence

Took me a moment to see exactly what was going on. But now that I have I really like it. Nice job!

kamz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kamz
irulan wrote:I absolutely love this design, I just think it's a little too large on the shirt for me.

@runnerfrog13, @volto. @irulan, u got me thinking. Though I personally prefer the present style, now I'm having second thoughts on a resub. Here's a preview-what do you think shd I go in for it?

bvillarreal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bvillarreal
j0naht wrote:It is a nice contrast. I Lol-ed +1

Thank you, jOnaht! I like your take on the tootsie pop owl

sakleehop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sakleehop
Re: Holiday Doves

I'm still in Christmas/holiday frame of mind so my entry reflects the hope for peace and serenity we all yearn for, especially this time of year. Thanks for looking!

omnitarian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages omnitarian
Re: Appease the bird king.

Oh Edgar, you're such an iconoclast and I couldn't love you more for it.

kamz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kamz

Quite a dude there, love the illustration.