taninniver

quality posts: 0 Private Messages taninniver
BootsBoots wrote:This one's really good. I'd seriously try it somewhere else when the 60 days is up. Maybe it's just not woot-material (this could even be taken as a compliment).

Thank you!
I'm actually really pleased with how this design turned out, so I'm happy to have created it, no matter how well or how poorly it does here. Sometimes you get a design that resonates with the community at large, sometimes you don't. Kind of hit and miss.

I have been looking into Threadless, but I'm really quite new at this whole T-shirt design thing, and hence, am rather daunted.
I'm sure I'll get up the nerve to submit something there someday, and in the meantime, if anyone feels the urge to offer any pointers, I certainly wouldn't turn them down.

Thanks, all

xazothia

quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia
walmazan wrote:I love it! and the placement too!

+1

thanks, walmazan!

Misskari

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Misskari
Re: Birding

I like the simplicity and elegance. It's got such a calm feel to it.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Bird Watchers REVERSED
bethlehemstarr wrote:I really love how this shirt turned out. I think you made some great design choices in it.
I love the simplistic feel to the illustration. I just really love everything about it.

My only question now is- do I buy one for me, or one for my son?.... or do I get one for each of us? :-)

To sum up: Wonderful!!

Oh good! Thanks for your comments bethlehemstarr.
How about for both? But quite frankly, it would be awesome if you get the chance to buy one period, so any of the options work for me=)

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Misskari wrote:If this is a MOTHER 3 reference, I love you.

If not, still a cool design!

I have no idea what that is, but thanks.

I actually think I have a much better take on this, if only I wasn't so unmotivated...

wootasourous

quality posts: 119 Private Messages wootasourous
Re: Predator

I love the background.

bethlehemstarr

quality posts: 19 Private Messages bethlehemstarr
Re: The RAWKatiels

I had no idea what to expect when I clicked on the thumbnail- and I was wonderfully surprised.

This is just so fun, and wild. I love the colors in it, and the general feel to the shirt. I can definitely picture myself wearing this.

xazothia

quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia
Misskari wrote:If this is a MOTHER 3 reference, I love you.

If this is a MOTHER 3 reference, it's not allowed. ;) shhh!

I like the simplicity of it.

mikenytola

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mikenytola

I don't like white tee's all that much, but if I did I'd be buying this one for sure. Very very cool design.

jupilberry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jupilberry
Re: The Bird

Hey, Look! It is a bird and "the bird" all wrapped up in one.

bethlehemstarr

quality posts: 19 Private Messages bethlehemstarr

Your designs always make such wonderful use of the space.
I also really love how different your designs are week to week, and within the individual derbies.

taninniver

The anatomy of the wings here is seriously messing with my head - there doesn't seem to be any definition of the primary feathers, nor any real nod to skeletal joints and reference points, etc. The left wing especially rather looks to me like an angle with a random, ragged edge attached.
I think the judicious use of a few reference pics would have done the design far better.
It seems the focus here was on the background, when the bird should have gotten equal attention to make it a solid, overall design.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Re: My Collection

The soft tones on this are really rather nice. It's like you took a Thomas Kinkade palette and said "screw you, painter of light, i'm going to use these colors for something worth viewing." and then you did.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: The Bird is the Word
sentrymikasha wrote:This idea crossed my mind, but I couldn't think of how to execute it until I saw yours. Really like it.

Heh cool. I'll admit, I was pretty tickled when I thought of how to get the point across;D Thanks sentrymikasha!

TheyKilledKenny

quality posts: 2 Private Messages TheyKilledKenny
Re: Bird Brained

Cool design... GMV

Excuse Me Maam, Your Woot is Showing...

skirochester

quality posts: 4 Private Messages skirochester
Re: Into the Wild

i really like this one... the contrast and subtle details are great. good luck!

TheyKilledKenny

Re: Flight of the Great Horned Owl (resub)

Still Awesome... GMV

Misskari

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Misskari
taninniver wrote:The anatomy of the wings here is seriously messing with my head - there doesn't seem to be any definition of the primary feathers, nor any real nod to skeletal joints and reference points, etc. The left wing especially rather looks to me like an angle with a random, ragged edge attached.
I think the judicious use of a few reference pics would have done the design far better.
It seems the focus here was on the background, when the bird should have gotten equal attention to make it a solid, overall design.

It's an anime-esque bird. Anime seems to forgo anatomy/structure for "style."

Often an effective crutch.

Draike

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Draike
taninniver wrote:The anatomy of the wings here is seriously messing with my head - there doesn't seem to be any definition of the primary feathers, nor any real nod to skeletal joints and reference points, etc. The left wing especially rather looks to me like an angle with a random, ragged edge attached.

Emphasis is mine. I don't have much else to add.

Ramy, you can do better. Where's your A-game? Deep down, I know you have it in you. Get your behind off those laurels and you may startle yourself with the potential you possess.

TheyKilledKenny

Re: Flock Party

I really like this...

TheyKilledKenny

jupilberry wrote:No need to overthink! Works for my simple mind as well. Good job.

Thanks for the support Jupil.

skirochester

AdderXYU wrote:Having AlexMDC in the derby is sort of like having Michael Jordan at a preschool basketball tournament. The general quality quotient has elevated dramatically just from you trying this entry here.

Good luck, sir.

agreed... I was jealous of your skillz at Threadless, now I'll have to be jealous of them here too

TheyKilledKenny

Re: Argyle Formations

Looks like it belongs on a vest... GMV

TheyKilledKenny

Re: powered by coffee

I am always up for coffee... GMV

icymallard

quality posts: 4 Private Messages icymallard
Re: The Birdhouse in your Soul

cool!! blue yay.

i have no idea what this means.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
Re: Whos Grapes are tainted now, Mr Farmer?

It's also off topic...Bird?

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

AdderXYU

Re: Wide Blue Yonder

There's actually some really nice stuff going on in these smoke trails... if you plan on doing anything further with it, I'd suggest taking the time to make the eagle-jet feel as complete as they are. Right now it feels really flat and MSPaint-y

TheyKilledKenny

Re: Ask Mr. Owl

It took me 1067 over 25 years ago... I'll never forget that number... GMV

icymallard

quality posts: 4 Private Messages icymallard
Re: Rockin Robin

i like how it wears its glasses!

TheyKilledKenny

Very Unique... GMV

TheyKilledKenny

jasneko wrote:I nerdily had to indulge in this one.

Make a little birdhouse in your soul.

...and while you're at it, keep the nightlight on inside the birdhouse in your soul.

We'll leave the light on... GMV

AdderXYU

Re: Tori ni Nari v.2

fwiw, I think this is looking way better sans halftoning.

TheyKilledKenny

walmazan wrote:I have +1 for you

I'll raise your one and make it 1 more... GMV

taninniver

Misskari wrote:It's an anime-esque bird. Anime seems to forgo anatomy/structure for "style."

Often an effective crutch.

Sadly, I'm aware of this - but even so, It makes me want to obsessively draw proper wings just to ease my troubled sensibilities.

AdderXYU

kender42 wrote:Ok, I must have been thinking of Elf Bowling. I just can't shake the feeling that I have seen this before.

The color scheme, the background, the topic, the characters, are all reminiscient of robbie's penguin-tossing shirt still in the reckoning charts. I don't think it's enough for rejection (for better or worse), but all I can think of looking at it is that. Maybe that's the same for you?

dmaz

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dmaz

More wearable than any shirt in the fog right now. I hope this makes it!

skirochester

Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=37851]bat

About the threadless design: I did see that shirt after finishing mine and I thought mine was different enough - less iconic symbols, more realistic birds - so rejection-wise I think I'm okay. Vote-wise, it doesn't look like it'll matter.

TheyKilledKenny

Re: Delusions of Grandeur

It's the kind of shirt that makes me think... or at least I think it is thinking... GMV

AdderXYU

Subtle and perfect.

dmaz

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dmaz
Re: Big Jerk

this kinda reminds me of something I saw before a disney movie. i feel like a lot of new users get yelled at for not being creative but popular users can get away with it.