TheyKilledKenny

quality posts: 2 Private Messages TheyKilledKenny
Re: Argyle Formations v2

I really like this, and would wear this...

Excuse Me Maam, Your Woot is Showing...

kcman011

quality posts: 5 Private Messages kcman011

My initial reaction was 'meh', but after looking at it for a while I have grown to like it. Good design, and for what it's worth you GMV.

Papaya79

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Papaya79
kcman011 wrote:Why would you be shocked? It's epic. And I bought 6 of them after they had been reckoned. I was happy to give you $12 ;) This won't bump Binge, but it will give it a run for its money.

On a side note, I just thought you should know that my son was told by his school teacher that he needed to change his shirt because it contained a 'definite reference to alcohol.' He went to the principal and said it contained a 'definite reference to milk' and that he 'didn't know that his teacher drank shots of alcohol with her cookies' and was told by the principal that he could wear the shirt whenever he wished. Which is all the time...

LOL!!!! That's AWESOME! He should joint the debate team

Papaya79

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Papaya79
Papaya79 wrote:LOL!!!! That's AWESOME! He should joint the debate team

I mean JOIN. Sorry

PCBconehead

quality posts: 2 Private Messages PCBconehead
Re: Lil Blue Plague Dr.

Great sense of humor! BTW, do you have triplets?

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Bird Watchers REVERSED

Jaiyla wrote:Why is this not in the fog? I loooooove this shirt

Aw... it was for a while, but then unfortunately it fell out.

Thanks Jaiyla, glad you love it!

xazothia

quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia
ccazabon wrote:As i understand, to be a parody requires 30% difference.

You're thinking of a derivative work (and 30% is an arbitrary number anyway).

All the pseudo-lawyering in here really could have been avoided if people actually knew the definition of the words they were using.

NKL412

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NKL412
Re: Big Jerk

Just like the Pixar short, I love it.

kimmux

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kimmux

I'm always impressed as tgentry takes mundane subjects and finds a surprising way to present them.

jabberjaws13

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jabberjaws13
Re: BIRDFOOD

i think there is 7 colors here, but it could be my eyes deceiving me.

Happy Beer.

sokowa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa
Earlysong wrote:Hi!

I think all your submissions are really awesome, and I am very glad you are here.

thank you

ozgrl12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ozgrl12
srm8ib4 wrote:Maybe the title should have been "Defying Gravity." Maybe more people would have clicked on it since it was a song on Glee.

Excuse me... song on Glee?
While yes, Glee did preform a version of it (and Rachel was sooo much better than Kurt). It's actually a hit song from the play Wicked on Broadway and Kristen Chenoweth and Idina Menzel (it's actually a duet) totally blow it out of the water.

Sorry for spamming your design, just one of my pet peeves is when people only know a reference, and not what it is a reference of.

As for the design.. it's really playful, brings back memories of trampolining in my friends' backyards.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale

Personally, I think that the white on cranberry was better. Such a subtle palette, especially on asphalt, will be nearly invisible. As it stands, black on asphalt nearly disappears. I think, had you gone with more traditional argyle colors (perhaps a burgundy and a creme, or went with a two-tone grey scheme that was a little more visually impressive) and actually mixed the details on the asphalt, you could have come up with a stronger concept. Then you would have seen the argyle first, and the birds second... and I get the impression that's the effect you were trying to achieve, not just show birds. However, I could be wrong on that last part.

j0naht

quality posts: 0 Private Messages j0naht
Re: school of chickenheads

This is my favorite. I keep checking in on it and can't believe it doesn't have more votes. I would definitely wear this crazy-ass shirt!

erina7262

quality posts: 0 Private Messages erina7262
Re: Everytime he tried...

I posted this in the pre-derby thread, but it was really late...

Wouldn't he be getting fried right now or is that just a myth? Birds are safe cause they only touch one wire right?

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
erina7262 wrote:I posted this in the pre-derby thread, but it was really late...

Wouldn't he be getting fried right now or is that just a myth? Birds are safe cause they only touch one wire right?

You know I'm actually not sure when it comes to telephone lines. I know power lines are not covered and if you span two of them you can get zapped but then again I'm not sure for telephone wires.

This video is incredible btw and shows a guy crawling on 2 wires, but he's wearing a suit and isn't grounded. My bird, yeah, he'd probably be toast

Power Line Video

bethlehemstarr

quality posts: 19 Private Messages bethlehemstarr
erina7262 wrote:I posted this in the pre-derby thread, but it was really late...

As your friendly power company representative, I can assure you that this bird would indeed 'be getting fried'. He is in contact with two wires AND the ground. He'd be screwed. Probably have around 22KV being passed through his body. Not only would he be electrocuted, he would quite probably combust. Though, the instant he touched the second wire, he would most likely be 'blasted' off the wires, and take out power for a bunch of folks.

Though, since it is a comic shirt design I'm pretty much ok with it.

tjost

bethlehemstarr wrote:As your friendly power company representative, I can assure you that this bird would indeed 'be getting fried'. He is in contact with two wires AND the ground. He'd be screwed. Probably have around 22KV being passed through his body. Not only would he be electrocuted, he would quite probably combust. Though, the instant he touched the second wire, he would most likely be 'blasted' off the wires, and take out power for a bunch of folks.

Though, since it is a comic shirt design I'm pretty much ok with it.

Haha that confirms it, though are telephone wires as dangerous?

tjost

JadenKale wrote:Personally, I think that the white on cranberry was better. Such a subtle palette, especially on asphalt, will be nearly invisible. As it stands, black on asphalt nearly disappears. I think, had you gone with more traditional argyle colors (perhaps a burgundy and a creme, or went with a two-tone grey scheme that was a little more visually impressive) and actually mixed the details on the asphalt, you could have come up with a stronger concept. Then you would have seen the argyle first, and the birds second... and I get the impression that's the effect you were trying to achieve, not just show birds. However, I could be wrong on that last part.

You mean I have to recolor it a third time?? what color shirt would you suggest if I did traditional colors for the design still on the grey or something else?

tjost

tindal wrote:I wish I had gotten the idea of roots on the trees earlier! Thanks so much for the feedback, it helps me learn!

I would resub this to like DBH or threadless, somewhere that can do oversized off the shirt prints and have maybe one large tree coming up and the little owls a little bigger and on different branches. I think that would pop nicely, save you from doing roots, which I think would detract, and give you a really nice shirt!

tinytrex

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tinytrex

I like them both! but the cranberry would be a real stand-out in my collection of mostly dark tees :D

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
IndependentVik wrote:No worries, seriously. I only pointed it out b/c I was amused

In Jaden's defense both your names end with a K so they kinda rhyme I guess!

shonnelizabeth

quality posts: 7 Private Messages shonnelizabeth

Hope this makes it back into the fog. Its my favorite of the derby and inspires me to go home and make sure my bird feeder is full for all the chilly little birds.

HeartlessBlueAngel09

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HeartlessBlueAngel09
jlpagan wrote:In the movie, yes she turns out to be exactly that. BUT.....the actress playing the part is STILL an eleven year old CHILD. Thus, the perv label.

Ah, got it
Now for the shirt, if we see this again in next week's derby, the guy seriously needs to get his head checked.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
wootasourous wrote:I'll show you the front door if you want to leave?

You haven't been here long enough to go kicking people out.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

vbpka11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vbpka11
Re: Penguins and Waffles, Together at Last

I only regret that I have but one vote to give for this shirt

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
Re: Don't Call Me Robin

I don't like the shirt but the skill is undeniable.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

kaseyfleming

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kaseyfleming

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
abelleauc wrote:It's a beautiful shirt, but ... I don't get the reference. Can someone 'splain?

It's just a kung fu thing, near as I can figure (no specific reference to any particular tv show or movie that I can see--a good thing, imho). Anyway, it's Crane Style versus Praying Mantis Style (if you don't know what that means, you'll probably need to google around about kung fu).

To kris, great job. Usually designs in the derby with a Japanese feel to them are schlocky and terrible, but I really think this would look great on a shirt. Love the olive on brown and how the circle framing the mantis evokes the Japanese flag.

jel2301

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jel2301
bluetuba wrote:In Jaden's defense both your names end with a K so they kinda rhyme I guess!

If they ever do a collab, they can be IndepenjesTik.

bethlehemstarr

quality posts: 19 Private Messages bethlehemstarr
tjost wrote:Haha that confirms it, though are telephone wires as dangerous?

Telephone wires are a lot less scary though I couldn't give you a number off the top of my head. The closer the wire is to the ground, the lower the voltage associated.
I'm checking this from my phone so I can't see the video that was posted- but I'm pretty sure I know what it is- its a guy doing an inspection of 345 KV lines. He can touch both of them, because they're the same potential- if he touches anything else though- he's screwed. That's why I say the bird would be toasted touching the 2nd wire- the difference in potential. The top wire is probably a power line, the lower one would have a much lower potential- and electricity seeks to go to ground.
But- like I said- it's a comic design, so I'm ok with it.

sezen

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sezen
Re: Predator (v2!)

Pretty good. I'd buy it.

icymallard

quality posts: 4 Private Messages icymallard

icymallard

quality posts: 4 Private Messages icymallard
Re: The Shadow Pigeon Knows

this is cool,
a nice tribute to the noir style

needs more votes.

wootasourous

quality posts: 119 Private Messages wootasourous
kylemittskus wrote:You haven't been here long enough to go kicking people out.

Well, I'm not necessarily going to kick anyone out. I just know where the front door is. :P
And anyways, one person complaining about shirt.woot and not wanting any more shirts can just leave... in all honesty for every person that stops probably 10 more join...

jasneko

shonnelizabeth wrote:Hope this makes it back into the fog. Its my favorite of the derby and inspires me to go home and make sure my bird feeder is full for all the chilly little birds.

Thanks shonnelizabeth, so nice to be your favorite!
It's been so cold lately (I hate cold!) I haven't refilled my bird feeders in a while either. I try not to keep them filled all the time so the birds don't get too dependent on them, but it's been quite a while... you've now inspired me as well!: )

LunaGatto

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LunaGatto
Re: Flight Academy

I need this shirt.
spreading the love and letting friends see what they can buy me for the holidays via facebook.
good luck

JadenKale

bluetuba wrote:In Jaden's defense both your names end with a K so they kinda rhyme I guess!

yeah I saw 'Vik' and 'tik', and since I regularly mix up things like that when I'm distracted, I made the goof up.

jasneko

Re: Bedtime Bird
lucky1988 wrote:very cute!

Thanks Lucky!

JadenKale

jel2301 wrote:If they ever do a collab, they can be IndepenjesTik.

O M G that would be hilarious!