Drakxxx


quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx
bellarific wrote:I can't help but to continue coming back to the design to admire it.

I really hope I can somehow end up buying it, either by some miraculous boost to the fog late this week/Honorable Mention and domination in the next double take/Editor's Choice.



I agree. I'm really sad that it's not higher up.

Again, such a fun character and a great illustration.


QuinnLynn


quality posts: 0 Private Messages QuinnLynn

I love this shirt! It is wonderfully executed and the colors are excellent. My nerdiness could not resist buying this shirt!

smedgrick


quality posts: 3 Private Messages smedgrick
Re: Into the Wild



but this shirt has no bird!

tenza


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tenza
xazothia wrote:You're thinking of a derivative work (and 30% is an arbitrary number anyway).

All the pseudo-lawyering in here really could have been avoided if people actually knew the definition of the words they were using.



Amen to that!

striker138


quality posts: 1 Private Messages striker138


Once again thanks for all the nice comments! I spent entirely too long working on this, so it is nice to see that at least a few of you guys dig it.


dboyd1089


quality posts: 2 Private Messages dboyd1089

Our Movie Genre I love it. So awesome!

Schwigity


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Schwigity

I love this concept. =]

goldenthorn


quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

tjost wrote:You mean I have to recolor it a third time?? what color shirt would you suggest if I did traditional colors for the design still on the grey or something else?



Honestly, I think that cranberry/dark fuschia on asphalt would really pop in a very subtle, fun way. There's a tee from Threadless, 98 Different Creatures, whose colour scheme would work beautifully with your design; I own the shirt and it's one of my favorites in large part because of its extremely subtle (as in, you wouldn't think it's wow, but it totally is) but perfect colour scheme.
This is a moot point, of course, unless you resub this design elsewhere, as it's too late for recolour herein. But I love your concept and execution, and I think that the correct colour scheme would really make this design just BOOM, y'know?

Also, primarily, most importantly, huge-duh-don't-ever-do-it, black on asphalt = this.

thespookman


quality posts: 0 Private Messages thespookman
Re: European Swallow



love the MP reference. GMV

theredraccoon


quality posts: 0 Private Messages theredraccoon

Thanks! I thought it would be cool if the volcano was erupting at the same time the Phoenix was hatching.

The Rebirth of the Phoenix


Cannibal Chicken


JadenKale


quality posts: 179 Private Messages JadenKale
Re: You're So Vain



holy cow! thanks for the hotness push this evening, wooters!

grotepas


quality posts: 0 Private Messages grotepas
Re: European Swallow



LOVE IT. This made me start quoting the scene and then of course I had to go watch it on Youtube. GMV.

theredraccoon


quality posts: 0 Private Messages theredraccoon

adonaisoul


quality posts: 0 Private Messages adonaisoul
Re: Feather Girl



I love this one

xazothia


quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia
adonaisoul wrote:I love this one



thanks, adonaisoul

marzipanapple


quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple
Re: You're So Vain



I love this on white! The colors pop so well. I think this is my favorite t-shirt ever from you (though I do like your tea-tree shirt on goodjoe a lot too). The placement, the cute peacock, and the colors all come together to make this a very nice shirt. GMV for sure.

MATHUZALA


quality posts: 0 Private Messages MATHUZALA
IndependentVik wrote:I'm reminded of your bicycle entry from way back when. You do really great monotone designs on cream. (No, I'm not being facetious--you do great work within those parameters, something very few designers pull off.)

That being said, the feet kind of looked weird to me, too.



have you seen an ostrich foot? they look kind of weird in general.

twolfe925


quality posts: 0 Private Messages twolfe925
Re: Pretty Like The Boys



I want this! I just lack the money to buy it... regardless I voted for it

JaundiceDave


quality posts: 2 Private Messages JaundiceDave
mrwednesday wrote:Actually, everything you quoted from Adder is true and documented by woot.



I freely admit some of it is, where my problem lies is how Adder and others interpret derby results. Is it true that they became popular quite quickly? Yes. Is it true that they have a high frequency of wins? Yes. How, though, is any of this indicative of cheating. Do you maybe not understand the causation/correlation idea? Perhaps a simple parable will help illustrate the concept. A Russian Tsar noticed that one province in his empire had the most sick people. He saw also that it had the most doctors. He put two and two together incorrectly and determined that it was the doctors that caused the sickness, and promptly ordered them all shot. Now if we apply the lessons from the parable to your accusations of cheating, what can we glean? Perhaps their popularity is due to their large following on other sites and the easy appeal of their designs, which though we both dislike them (though I can admit have popular appeal) are made to sell well. Adder and you, however, seem to view the success of any style you view as “not worthy” as incredibly suspicious if they do well in the derby. Why this is is beyond me.

They were immediately popular and no one had ever won with similar designs. The quality has decreased or at the very least not gotten better and they have increased their win percentage since the move to the new fog and hotness which would hide any vote tampering. While you may disagree with the conclusions reached, you also cannot argue that they have bee caught making fake accounts in the past (seki on DA) because it is a fact and documented. They also (potentially within the rules) had their family and friends sign up for tables at otakon so they could have an increased presence beyond what they were allowed to personally sign up for. They also disregarded the rules about displaying only 50% fanart until they were told by the con directors that they had to display original work. ramy said this himself.



I think I will address this paragraph point by point.


  • They were immediately popular and no one had ever won with similar designs. I have no idea how this is supposed to show cheating. As you freely admit, ramy and seki were very popular on several sites before coming to shirt.woot, and nowhere does it say that it is forbidden or discouraged to advertise or bring in fans from other sites.
  • The quality has decreased… which would hide any vote tampering. Nice run-on. Firstly, since you have such a derisive view of those who purchase their shirts, do you really think that they care if the quality of the designs goes down? If it has, it certainly has not to a notable extent. It has seemed somewhat impressive in its constant mediocrity. Regarding win percentages, again, how does this show cheating? If they are already winning, why would they possibly want to make it look more suspicious by artificially increasing the win percentage? The idea is nonsensical. And again, why would they need to hide their “vote tampering”? Woot knows the votes, and they are the only ones who matter who could care about cheating. What would ramy and seki achieve by trying to boost their win percentages in the advent of the new fog? There is no motivation, and any attempt to argue otherwise is inherently moot.
  • While you may disagree … said this himself.Am I supposed to care about their prior activities on Deviantart? The difference between face accounts there and on woot is huge, since , again, they would be paying thousands of dollars to win by the amounts you claim they fake, and would need to pay even more if they wanted to actively increase the percentage of votes they win by, another point you make. Why would they do this? It effectively cancels out all their profits. Again, no motivation, point is moot. Regarding their activities at Otakon: I actually read through the DA journals of the persons involved despite my deep-seated loathing for that horrible site and found your milquetoast disclaimer describing their antics as “potentially within the rules” was quite the understatement. What they did, as admitted by one of the self-described “victims” was completely within the rules, and the butthurt tears that resulted mean no more than the self-righteous anger at the supposed sins of (gasp) bringing in friends from other sites to help vote. As for the whole 50% fan art thing, who cares? It has nothing to do with the subject at hand (an internet t-shirt competition, in case you have forgotten) and serves only as vaguely insidious character assassination.



What is funny is that you evidence against is even more speculative and to be honest based on less than the accusations that Adder is making.



Are you joking? My evidence is your clear lack thereof, and is not speculation but simple logic and common sense to anyone with a clear head. I am not accusing anyone, simply pointing out the flaws in your argument which I feel have gone uncalled-out for far too long.

Even the wording you use shows that there is no evidence for any of it but you assume that it "must" be happening.



I’m confused. Are you referring to the mocking part of my past post where poke fun at the causation/correlation confusion that you and Adder seem to suffer? I’m not saying that they must be cheating, mrwednesday, but precisely the opposite. Perhaps I was mistaken in assuming that the sarcasm was clear.

As of this point, you can argue that Adder's points are circumstantial evidence of their actions here but it is evidence. You have no evidence whatsoever that anything you have stated is true.



Ah, and here we have a perfect wrap-up to a post, an ad homenim accusation wrapped up in a strawman, tied with a bow of deceptive language. You admit in the first sentence that the sacred tenets of your accusations of cheating are merely circumstantial, an illuminating viewpoint. You close by saying that I have no evidence of anything that I’ve said. Really? Really? Are you illiterate? I have backed up every single statement I have made with either facts of the record of common sense, and that is an objective fact. Compared to the “evidence” provided by you and Adder, I seem like a veritable Sherlock Holmes.

bvillarreal


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bvillarreal
Re: Yummy Bird Resub



One last ditch effort
And some interesting bird trivia:
"Cannibalistic behavior performed by poultry is the pecking, tearing and consuming of skin, tissues or organs of flock mates. Outbreaks of cannibalism occur in all types of housing systems, including cages, floor pens, aviaries; in outdoor, free-range flocks; and among many different types of poultry, including chickens, ducks, turkeys, quail and pheasants. Birds will show cannibalistic behavior when they are crowded or feed-restricted. Flock behavior and inter-bird dynamics often include aggression of birds toward each other, which can ultimately result in injury." - thepoultrysite.com

twolfe925


quality posts: 0 Private Messages twolfe925
Re: Watch your back...



The expressions on the birds faces are awesome.

bvillarreal


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bvillarreal
Re: Cannibal Chicken



How ironic! I just posted a little blurb about cannibalism in poultry with my late resub
Nice chicken! GMV

ep9683


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ep9683
mrwednesday wrote:You should listen based on the strength and validity of the evidence presented not your opinion of the person presenting it.



The "why should I should listen" part was based on the statement about how knowing more about Ramyb would affect my opinion of the shirt. I really am just curious Adder. I see Adder's posts here all the time and they are stated as though the opinions are fact. There are some facts but much of the interpretation of art is opinion. I do understand the mistakes and issues he points out but I take offense to telling people they are wrong for liking it. I honestly want to know what leads him to believe he is better than the rest of woot or specifically those who enjoy the shirts in question. Trying to guilt people into voting against what they like is not cool. End of semi-rant

bvillarreal


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bvillarreal
Re: Bedtime Bird V.2 (Side Placement)



How sweet, and the colors look nice on navy! GMV

prozakgal


quality posts: 1 Private Messages prozakgal
Re: BIRDFOOD



what on earth are those birds eating????

(and i count 6 colors...)

prozakgal


quality posts: 1 Private Messages prozakgal
prozakgal wrote:what on earth are those birds eating????

(and i count 6 colors...)



oh no, youre right...
3 blues (dark, light, greenish), black, brown, red, white

JadenKale


quality posts: 179 Private Messages JadenKale
marzipanapple wrote:I love this on white! The colors pop so well. I think this is my favorite t-shirt ever from you (though I do like your tea-tree shirt on goodjoe a lot too). The placement, the cute peacock, and the colors all come together to make this a very nice shirt. GMV for sure.



Thanks marzinpanapple! I'm glad so many people are digging the colors.

prozakgal


quality posts: 1 Private Messages prozakgal
Re: Night Owl



Man I love this one. I really want it... I want to wear it with everything I own...

SJulian1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages SJulian1
Re: The Rebirth of the Phoenix



the phoenix reminds me of the triforce, from zelda.

amyindsun


quality posts: 4 Private Messages amyindsun
Re: powered by coffee



I love the design and the colors, but it just doesn't seem to work on a shirt. Even the smaller, off-center resub doesn't do it for me. It would be pretty adorable on a coffee cup though!

colegrove713


quality posts: 2 Private Messages colegrove713
ChaoticMidget wrote:Reminds me a bit of a past entry where a hand is drawing a hand (or something to that effect) but still pretty well drawn. I'm almost more interested in the model than the item being modeled though :D



That would be an MC Escher drawing that you are remembering. Hence the earlier comments about the ode to Escher.

GMV.

Selene1212


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Selene1212

Not cute enough! LOL ;)

sguthrie12


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sguthrie12
Re: Night Owl



I like this. I like it a lot. I want to wear it now.

IndependentVik


quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
Re: Rockin Robin



Quality. I missed the first version of this, but the resub has my vote

dsatele


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dsatele
kylemittskus wrote:You haven't been here long enough to go kicking people out.



Have I? If so, don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
mrwednesday wrote:Kdeuce's was a lot more visually appealing as well. People vote the artist, pure and simple.



Once upon a time, kdeuce had unstoppable legions voting for identical, sloppy abstracts. We haven't seen much of him, tho, since Ramygate. Obviously we know whose "fanbase" is stronger. And we know much about the former's motivations for designing, as well.

IndependentVik


quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
MATHUZALA wrote:have you seen an ostrich foot? they look kind of weird in general.



Hmm, that's a good point. I can't say I know what an ostrich's foot is supposed to look like.

IndependentVik


quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
JaundiceDave wrote:*long post refuting the "evidence" for cheating*



Great post, Dave. Is it possible they're cheating? Yes. Is there evidence for it? No. The evidence that's been cited wouldn't stand muster anywhere other than in front of a crazed mob. People are letting their hatred overcome their reasoning.

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
ep9683 wrote:The "why should I should listen" part was based on the statement about how knowing more about Ramyb would affect my opinion of the shirt. I really am just curious Adder. I see Adder's posts here all the time and they are stated as though the opinions are fact. There are some facts but much of the interpretation of art is opinion. I do understand the mistakes and issues he points out but I take offense to telling people they are wrong for liking it. I honestly want to know what leads him to believe he is better than the rest of woot or specifically those who enjoy the shirts in question. Trying to guilt people into voting against what they like is not cool. End of semi-rant



That you can understand mistakes and issues I point out, yet cannot grasp why people are wrong for then wanting things so full of mistakes and issues, then you've just answered why I "believe [I am] better than... those who enjoy the shirts in question." All most people have is what I call "the Apple Jacks excuse"... ie: 'we eat what we like'. But if what "you like" has no value, you have to accept it has no value.

Point in Case: I own more CDs by The Presidents of the United States of America than Eric Clapton. This is not because I don't understand that Clapton is far more talented than the other guys, nor that I don't like Clapton's work... it's been mostly a matter of circumstances and moods. This said, if for some reason Clapton and the Presidents were competing for $1000 in some song-composing competition, and I voted for the dopes who wrote "Peaches," not the guy with decades of brilliant music and more guitar chops than a butcher has pork chops, I have an incredibly warped and wrong view. Aesthetics of any sort are about more than just opinion. You can talk about golden ratios, or artistic movements, or emotional connections... whatever the case, certain things are just undeniable. You can't deny that Jeff Buckley was more talented vocally than Lady Gaga, and if you do you don't have a right to talk. It's that obvious. And I think that woot's "quality" issues are similarly obvious. I feel I have given enough viable critiques to have my opinion trusted. Hell, even you seem to agree with much of what I note. People may not love my methods, but the fact is (and yes, this is studyable fact if you cared to look it up) most of the people who are against me cannot defend what they like with anything but "SALES SALES SALES I LIKE IT BLAH BLAH". They can't give reasons why it is better than something else. They cant give reasons they like it at all. They just do. And no matter what 80s cereal told you, that's not a viable excuse.

tjost


quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
bvillarreal wrote:One last ditch effort
And some interesting bird trivia:
"Cannibalistic behavior performed by poultry is the pecking, tearing and consuming of skin, tissues or organs of flock mates. Outbreaks of cannibalism occur in all types of housing systems, including cages, floor pens, aviaries; in outdoor, free-range flocks; and among many different types of poultry, including chickens, ducks, turkeys, quail and pheasants. Birds will show cannibalistic behavior when they are crowded or feed-restricted. Flock behavior and inter-bird dynamics often include aggression of birds toward each other, which can ultimately result in injury." - thepoultrysite.com



I believe that poultry also displays a heirarchial (sp) system where by the least senior of rank is the one pecked on hence the term pecking order