grrlmarvel


quality posts: 12 Private Messages grrlmarvel
Re: Argyle Formations v2



Sometimes I like the illustrations but I would never see myself wearing the shirt. THIS I would wear and give as a gift. It's subtle and interesting. I wish you had submitted sooner. I think you would have done well with this.

TheyKilledKenny


quality posts: 2 Private Messages TheyKilledKenny
thatrobert wrote:

  • Congratulations on winning a Best Loser Award!
  • This is not SPAM.
  • Winning a BLA does NOT mean this shirt won't print -- I'm hoping it does.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.
  • Show me how you do it, and I promise you, I promise that I'll run away with you.



Congrats... This really is one of the coolest shirts in the derby... Love the retro feel...

Excuse Me Maam, Your Woot is Showing...

runnerfrog13


quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13
Re: Sea Bird



I agree with the poster above, a navy blue shirt would really make the turquoise and sea greens stand out!

odysseyroc


quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
thatrobert wrote:

  • Congratulations on winning a Best Loser Award!
  • This is not SPAM.
  • Winning a BLA does NOT mean this shirt won't print -- I'm hoping it does.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.
  • Show me how you do it, and I promise you, I promise that I'll run away with you.



Awesome! Thanks





runnerfrog13


quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13
Re: Flight Academy



(I really like your bird-brain design better, but...)

The colors and style on this shirt definitely stand out MUCH more than the bird-brain shirt! The brown shirt color and the choice of goldfinch go well together. ;) Plus I like the way you drew the bomber jackets. The chalk on the blackboard seems a little cartoon-y compared to the rest of the design, but it's not really the main draw of the image to me, so eh.

runnerfrog13


quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13
Re: Delusions of Grandeur



Hahahahah - reminds me of my kitten! "Ferocious jumgle stalker"

One comment about the eyes - I think the two color eyes seem strange to me, it might look better with black eyes, like most birds (at least, small birds that I can think of off the top of my head), with maybe a strategically placed highlights to show some direction that he's looking at the worm

runnerfrog13


quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13
runnerfrog13 wrote:Hahahahah - reminds me of my kitten! "Ferocious jumgle stalker"



EDIT: *jungle

runnerfrog13


quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13
Re: Argyle Formations v2



I'm not a fan of the argyle, but I like the suggestion above to use some traditional "argyle" type colors on the asphalt shirt.

Also, this makes me think of a gray shirt with a single large crow in it, distressed - probably the flying crow from the center of the argyle diamonds. That would be cool.

Aberrantic


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Aberrantic
ArchAdder wrote:You know it's really funny... If Drakxxx submitted this exact design, the only argument about the situation would be who gets to blow him first, Adder or MrWednesday...

... They throw fists to get the first taste!



Thank you for bringing the intelligence of the discussion down to the level of drunk high school boys. Real useful.
And the fact is that Drakxxx a) wouldn't submit something like this because it's not his style and he does have at least a little bit of creativity (although I'd say he has more than a little) and b) even if he did, Adder and Wednesday wouldn't support it. Go over to Cho's shirt and you'll see one of them getting on him for a lack of creativity and Cho is one of the best and most respected artists to pass through shirt woot.
There's no need to post Manos: The Hands of Fate (1966) like that so stop. I expect woot will get around to deleting it at some point.

runnerfrog13


quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13
Re: powered by coffee version2.0



Center placement is still my fav Though the smaller size is perfect!

IrishCrusader


quality posts: 0 Private Messages IrishCrusader
Mahjongman wrote:This is so good! Why isn't it picking up steam?!!



I think it's the thumbnail/avatar picture. Maybe if people saw the coconut, they'd identify with it right away. I don't quite understand way it hasn't taken off yet myself. I'd assume anyone that has seen the movie would die laughing at this... THAT'S IT! The voters are dieing of laughter!

Awesome concept! GMV!!!

runnerfrog13


quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13
Re: Old Relative resub on baby blue



Oh yeah! The sky blue works alot better than I thought it would! The colors really stand out great on it

Good luck

Earlysong


quality posts: 21 Private Messages Earlysong
ArchAdder wrote:You know it's really funny... If Drakxxx submitted this exact design, the only argument about the situation would be who gets to blow him first, Adder or MrWednesday...

... They throw fists to get the first taste!



tattletattletattletattle

I love this website! ^^

striker138


quality posts: 1 Private Messages striker138
IrishCrusader wrote:I think it's the thumbnail/avatar picture. Maybe if people saw the coconut, they'd identify with it right away. I don't quite understand way it hasn't taken off yet myself. I'd assume anyone that has seen the movie would die laughing at this... THAT'S IT! The voters are dieing of laughter!

Awesome concept! GMV!!!



Lol! I think it is the design detail too. I tried to make it understated, but I guess I made it so understated, that nobody is actually clicking on it. Oh well.


TheyKilledKenny


quality posts: 2 Private Messages TheyKilledKenny
Re: Lets Get Serious



I am not sure where the feathers are located...

Excuse Me Maam, Your Woot is Showing...

kawaiikes


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kawaiikes
Re: Predator (v2!)



Wow Ramyb, I must say, I'm impressed.

Lately I've felt some of your designs have been a bit simplistic and perhaps below par, but this one is right up where I think it should be.

Great use of colour. GREAT style. Simplistic but powerful design. And so wearable, too.

Great job on this one.

bassanimation


quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: Giiiiizzzaaaaards



Thanks so much for the support everyone. See you next derby!

marzipanapple


quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple
IndependentVik wrote:I'm talking about actual law here b/c I'm appalled that someone would suggest people should/could be convicted solely on the basis of past behavior.)



While I have little faith in past offenders changing their ways(particularly adults), I still absolutely agree with Vik here. Blaming someone when you have no proof isn't accurate, and using past offenses as proof isn't proof at all.

Also, I'd like to point this slightly depressing but true point: When they had all those tables at Otakon? People were buying their stuff. There is no reason to think that buyers/voters here have any more taste than those buying their prints at Otakon.

ChefRAZ


quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
Jae87 wrote:I spy gradients (or the blur tool) as well as shades of red that aren't Woot's offered colors. I don't think we *need* to count the colors.



there is no color offering on colors.it's what ever color you wanna use. the shirt is blue it's woots royal blue. but yeah don't count colors. because there is orange red dark blue light blue black white and bluegreen.

theredraccoon


quality posts: 0 Private Messages theredraccoon
Jae87 wrote:Looks more suicidal than cannibalistic, since it's standing in the pan.



She's scrambling the eggs with her feet. ;)

mikenytola


quality posts: 1 Private Messages mikenytola
runnerfrog13 wrote: The chalk on the blackboard seems a little cartoon-y


I'd like you to show me a bird that can draw better! ;)

Conchita


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Conchita
Re: Deconstruct




pretty good idea

Conchita


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Conchita
Mancho wrote:I'm not particularly fond of how the style of the baby is so different from the others. I know that getting the point across that it *is* a baby can be difficult, but the difference throws it all off for me. Nice otherwise.



yeah, i agree, the baby should be a smaller version of the grown bird.. nice idea, but need to re-work the design.

tjost


quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
runnerfrog13 wrote:(I really like your bird-brain design better, but...)

The colors and style on this shirt definitely stand out MUCH more than the bird-brain shirt! The brown shirt color and the choice of goldfinch go well together. ;) Plus I like the way you drew the bomber jackets. The chalk on the blackboard seems a little cartoon-y compared to the rest of the design, but it's not really the main draw of the image to me, so eh.



Really? I thought the chalk drawing might be too good Have you seen many chalk/white boards at schools/companies, other then a bunch of writing the pictures usually look like a bunch of 6 year olds got into the chalk/markers

Conchita


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Conchita
kcman011 wrote: It's epic. This won't bump Binge, but it will give it a run for its money.

it contained a 'definite reference to milk' and that he 'didn't know that his teacher drank shots of alcohol with her cookies'


That is Awesome.. i wonder if the teacher is going to be offended by this definite reference to Bird crapping on the teachers cars..??

Fisherrman


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Fisherrman
Conchita wrote:That is Awesome.. i wonder if the teacher is going to be offended by this definite reference to Bird cxxxxing on the teachers cars..??



Very funny! I hope this shirt prints, i will buy 3 of them and wear one to shcool one to $ork and one to Prrty!

Fisherrman


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Fisherrman
Papaya79 wrote:LOL!!!! That's AWESOME! He should joint the debate team



Joint the debate team??? that doesn't sound legal :-))

bassanimation


quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: My Collection



This is a beautiful design. It would look wonderful on just about anything.

TheyKilledKenny


quality posts: 2 Private Messages TheyKilledKenny
Jae87 wrote:I'ma just say that it's probably not solid pantone colors.



The good thing is... he has contributed what seems to be original artwork for both of his last two shirts...

Excuse Me Maam, Your Woot is Showing...

mrwednesday


quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
muk1 wrote:I think I must be misunderstanding you. It sounds like you are suggesting that woot may be aware that ramy and seki are cheating but not doing anything about it - that woot is in on the 'conspiracy' as well. I can't imagine that is really what you are trying to say.

Would you be able to point me to the messages from Woot acknowledging a problem with fake accounts? I certainly don't doubt you, I'd just like to understand the context of their comments. It was pretty obvious something very questionable was going on with "I Like Candy", was it related to that? Drakxxx seems like a standup guy that is beyond reproach, but the extenuating circumstances in that derby may have lead others to stoop pretty low.



Basically all anyone knows about it has been stated here. They have never mentioned specific shirts or artists, just that when they have seen suspicious patterns they believe that they have it under control and are aware of the problem. That is all anyone can say. I nor anyone else have or will state that ramy has been caught cheating. They haven't and even if they have, woot isn't telling. What that also means is that people cannot equate not having evidence for cheating with there not being evidence for cheating because we know nothing about the cheating that has been caught.

tjost


quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
jasneko wrote:=)



I just noticed this sub Jasneko. How'd I miss it, I was thinking about doing it when they first announced the bird theme but couldn't think of a clever way to pull it off/ran out of time. Great job. TMBG is a totally underated group. I remember watching tiny toons when I was younger and they did music videos for Istanbul and Particle Man. They also did the intro theme to Malcolm in the Middle Boss of Me. Great job!

alsoelp


quality posts: 0 Private Messages alsoelp
ressamac wrote:Wonderful rendering of a peacock feather. I have spent a lot of time looking at your enlarged version. GMV. But my curiosity cannot be contained. Illustrator Blend tool?



For the inside green adjacent brown stripes, yup, you got it.

the outside spires and everything else was done by hand though. Good call!


Take a look, I think you'd want one.

jasneko


quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
tjost wrote:I just noticed this sub Jasneko. How'd I miss it, I was thinking about doing it when they first announced the bird theme but couldn't think of a clever way to pull it off/ran out of time. Great job. TMBG is a totally underated group. I remember watching tiny toons when I was younger and they did music videos for Istanbul and Particle Man. They also did the intro theme to Malcolm in the Middle Boss of Me. Great job!

Heh, thanks Tjost.
My friends and I used to realllly like TMBG. We went to a lot of concerts. Later I even was a photographer for a concert (got to be in the 'special' area, and then interviewed John F. for the college paper! Was pretty neat.

For those of you familiar with the real video for Birdhouse in Your Soul, check out this literal video of it... cracked me up!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhJVAFIMnkc

Vote!


ressamac


quality posts: 4 Private Messages ressamac
Re: Brave Sir Robin



I saw it on Broadway when Clay Aiken was playing Sir Robin. Hilarious!

JaundiceDave


quality posts: 2 Private Messages JaundiceDave
mrwednesday wrote:People assume that since they haven't been banned for cheating, or anyone for that matter, that it hasn't been discovered. We have no evidence that anyone has cheated, but we also have no evidence that no was has cheated as well. Only woot knows what cheating they have discovered and what more might be out there and they do not share this information. The only thing they have admitted is that it is a problem and that they are seeing instances of vote stuffing from fake accounts.



Responding to your individual points is hopeless if you continue to reduce the argument to this. Seriously, "We have no evidence that anyone has cheated, but we also have no evidence that no was has cheated as well"? Are you joking? What a ridiculous statement. The burden of proof lies entirely on the accuser, and that you seem to not realize this is amazing to me.

As for the second part of your statement, the way you've worded it is again disingenuous. You say that woot may or may have not found cheating. Ooooh, how mysterious. If they have? Why the hell haven't they done anything about it? It would be child's play to link fake accounts to their creators, as they would be voting for their shirts and acting in otherwise suspicious ways. Do you honestly think that woot staff are that dim? Or are you perhaps suggesting that they are in league with R and S? With the tinfoil hat paranoia you possess, I would not be surprised in the least.

JaundiceDave


quality posts: 2 Private Messages JaundiceDave
paulkremer wrote:I also am a working wedding photographer. Being in the same profession, you must notice the trend in the last few years towards "good enough." Losing any weddings to Aunt Jenny because she has a fancy camera and will do "good enough?" Seeing the dozens of new photographers popping up all over the place churning out "good enough?"

And your customers. Have you noticed that lately more and more of them don't truly appreciate what a 'good' photograph is? A person can take a bad photograph and label it as art, but someone who understands the principles behind photography will be able to identify immediately what is wrong in the picture and why it isn't a good picture at all.

It's true that all the entries on here could be labeled as "art," and everyone is entitled to their opinion. But Adder, many others, and myself are tired the substandard "good enough" mentality. The animals are poorly drawn? The idea is poorly executed? The same basic underlying form is used with different details plopped on it? Good enough. I would think that as a photographer you would be as infuriated as the rest of us that people don't care whether something is 'good,' just 'good enough.'



Thank you for your well-written cohesive reply. It's good to see another photographer here. What you seem to be saying is that you and others are tired of this "good-enough" mentality, and to an extent I agree. However, I have two problems.

First, it really is the perogative of the person choosing the shirt (or photographer) to make a good choice. If they pick a bad design (like most of R and S') or have Aunt Jenny bust out the easyshare for the wedding, it will be them who pays in the end for their lack of quality. It is entirely within their rights, though, to pick what they choose. I firmly believe that there are enough people who have good taste in photos and shirts to keep the better end of the market and will continue to be for the forseeable future.

Second, I find Adder's way of dealing with the "good enough" mentality to be completely wrong headed. Why does he care if people buy shirts he doesn't like? It's not his place or anyone else's to tell people they made a horrible decision, for if they did they will pay for it in the long run. If a R shirt is good enough for them, that's fine. If Aunt Jenny takes good enough pictures, it's fine. I can rest easy knowing people will always want quality goods, and Adder just needs to chillax.

HujoeBigs


quality posts: 0 Private Messages HujoeBigs
laurenfidler wrote:At the risk of being yelled at for not gushing praise, I gotta say at fist glance I thought that the bird king had stolen the crown of thorns from "Jesus" who I first thought the person dangling on the right was. I think it's the dangler's positioning... not saying I don't like the shirt, just throwing my thought out there....



One of the main reason I don't like this shirt actually. I haven't looked up any of this artists other shirts yet, but this one, if it is like any other shirt he does I would not buy it even if it was in a thrift store for a buck. He is using to many religious symbols (or things that resemble them), his art style is too sketchy (unless it is done VERY well I don't like colors out of the positive/negative space they are suppose to fill), I know every one gets on another artist for this, but all the faces to me feel very dead then again I get that feeling when none of the birds have colored eyes just the empty white gaze of a zombie.
It looks like a Saturday morning editorial cartoon that the editor was to bored to really come up with anything amusing. I'm sorry but I don't get nor feel the love for this shirt. Again unless its interesting I probably wont reply back. Not trying to start a flame war just stating my opinion.

JaundiceDave


quality posts: 2 Private Messages JaundiceDave
Re: Lets Get Serious



A quality design, truly. You have my vote, good sir!

TheyKilledKenny


quality posts: 2 Private Messages TheyKilledKenny
Jae87 wrote:I'ma just say that it's probably not solid pantone colors.



No Text Rule...

Excuse Me Maam, Your Woot is Showing...

TheyKilledKenny


quality posts: 2 Private Messages TheyKilledKenny
ArchAdder wrote:You know it's really funny... If Drakxxx submitted this exact design, the only argument about the situation would be who gets to blow him first, Adder or MrWednesday...

... They throw fists to get the first taste!



C'Mon I strongly suspect suspect Draxxx would not throw a bloody crow against the wall... I have not seen such violence from him...

Excuse Me Maam, Your Woot is Showing...