Popcornfart


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Popcornfart

FREAKING AWESOME! I WANT!!

Jae87


quality posts: 5 Private Messages Jae87
ChefRAZ wrote:there is no color offering on colors.it's what ever color you wanna use. the shirt is blue it's woots royal blue.



I think you're confused. When you download the .psd file from woot, with the shirt comp and everything, it has Color swatches with the color woot offers to print. You are allowed to choose up to 6 of these colors, plus the "background" shirt color.

ChefRAZ wrote:but yeah don't count colors. because there is (1)orange, (2)red, (3)dark-blue, (4)light-blue, (5)black, (6)white, and (7)blue-green.



So you've used 7 colors (plus the background), but I don't think any besides Black and White are in Woot's offered Pantone color swatches. You need to use the exact shades that woot offers and no other colors.

You can stipple with other solid colors to make it look blended, but that's about as much as Woot allows right now.

--Jae
Birthday Crap - 7/12/09, Random Crap - 1/28/10, Adventure Crap - 4/1/10, Birthday Crap - 7/12/10, Brick of Carbonite - 12/6/11, Santa's Sack of Crap - 12/25/11

xazothia


quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia
Jae87 wrote:I think you're confused. When you download the .psd file from woot, with the shirt temp and everything, it has Color swatches with the color woot offers to print. You are allowed to choose up to 6 of these colors, plus the "background" shirt color.



Sorry to butt in here, but I think you're the one who's confused. The colors on the woot template are for the shirt color only - the printable colors are ANYTHING out of the Pantone Solid Coated color book.

bethlehemstarr


quality posts: 19 Private Messages bethlehemstarr
JaundiceDave wrote: BLLLAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGG!!!! AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGG!!! PAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNCCCAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!!! GGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!! OOOOOGAAADEEEBOOOGAAADEEEE!!!



Seriously.
You read half posts. And are staging half arguments. It's just getting annoying.

Please stop.

Or, re-read all of the posts over the last year on every Ramy/Seki design.

You're not going to are you?

Oh crummy.

Ikonos71


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ikonos71
Re: Tori ni Nari v.2



I like the cranberry, and I like the girl's pose a lot. The only thing I don't like are the feet/talons.

billratio


quality posts: 1 Private Messages billratio
AdderXYU wrote:In a discussion regarding accusations that an artist is a cheat, the fact that there is no evidence supporting the claim in the derby is a 'strawman' argument, because there is plenty of evidence proving they have cheated multiple times elsewhere. Insignificant things like seki bidding on Ramy's auctions in otaku webgames, to boost his winnings, to the big ticket frauds like the aforementioned 200 fake DA accounts, to defrauding Otakon with falsely registered tables they couldn't prove... there's plenty of evidence, and even proof, that they have cheated. To imply that this doesn't relate to woot is fraudulent to the core. It most certainly does relate to here. If there is no certain proof of Ramy or Seki cheating here, but there is certain proof of it elsewhere, pretending it has never happened is a flat out lie, and that it HAS happened, and often, means that it should ALWAYS be an eventuality that wooters realize and keep tabs on, and they should vote accordingly.



I have my doctorate in art history and art theory. No one would be wise to argue with me. This is the truest piece of art I have ever seen. Adder needs to go back to school (Have you ever been to school, Adder?) and relearn art. Stop talking about my expertise like you know something.

Check out the Farting in the USA song parody and others!
http://www.youtube.com/user/thepetersonbros

moustrich


quality posts: 0 Private Messages moustrich
IndependentVik wrote:Hmm, that's a good point. I can't say I know what an ostrich's foot is supposed to look like.



My family has ostriches and that is actually a really good depiction of an ostrich foot. Here is a picture of one: http://www.acclaimimages.com/_gallery/_pages/0382-0702-0611-2848.html

xazothia


quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia
Ikonos71 wrote:I like the cranberry, and I like the girl's pose a lot. The only thing I don't like are the feet/talons.



Thanks. I was trying to decide if they should be normal people feet, or since I made them more birdlike, if they should be colored differently from the skin... I kind of went halfway on that. :P

avhienda01


quality posts: 0 Private Messages avhienda01
Micro1331 wrote:SIMPLY STUNNING



Thank you!

basher09


quality posts: 0 Private Messages basher09

ooh, I have a good name for the color of the shirt too! Icy-you blue!

basher09


quality posts: 0 Private Messages basher09
Re: Bird Watchers REVERSED



Ooh, I have a good name for the color of the shirt too... Icy-you blue!

colegrove713


quality posts: 2 Private Messages colegrove713
KaraMiaTX wrote:I have to say I am surprised this missed the Rejection Man's axe, but I am also very pleased. I am in with the earlier comment about the design perhaps looking better on orange. Still has my vote, good job!



Yay, this is still not rejected! If it goes on sale, I will buy it...even if I prefer orange!

wrassle


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wrassle
Re: Taking Flight



epic

lockntross


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lockntross

Do whatever has to be done to get this on a t-shirt.

Redesign the drawing, use a different style, anything. Great concept, well done.

This is IT!!!

lonelypond


quality posts: 426 Private Messages lonelypond
Re: Beacon



unexpected from the thumb..like it

albinoapple


quality posts: 2 Private Messages albinoapple
mrwednesday wrote:Ok congrats. You've set up another strawman. I'm not trying to prove anything because I know that I can't, however their past is still incredibly relevant and people should know it. Yet, you continue to harp on this "the burden of proof is yours and if you can't prove they are cheating everything you say is invalid." Well it isn't and no one made that statement to begin with. And you haven't responded to anything else I've said because you have been repeatedly shown to have used flawed logic and to have based it all on incorrect information (like when you tried to say that amuria didn't do anything on DA that was against ToU)


PLEASE STOP raping the term "strawman." Stop with the pseudo-intellectual bullcrap and STOP dismissing valid points under that untrue excuse.

Yes, it's true, you think you ramy is logically a cheater on woot because he has cheated in the past and no one else can prove he has not cheated. How any of that is logical is beyond me. Maybe you've just ascended above any plane of intelligence that I can even comprehend.

albinoapple


quality posts: 2 Private Messages albinoapple
Re: Don't Call Me Robin



The design seems way too dark and subtle, methinks the point would be lost on a shirt due to the inability to SEE the point.

abraschler


quality posts: 0 Private Messages abraschler

It saddens me that this design hasn't done as well as it should have. I love the bird outlines in the cracked egg. Very creative.

jasneko


quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Bird Watchers REVERSED
basher09 wrote:Ooh, I have a good name for the color of the shirt too... Icy-you blue!


Good one!;) hehe

Vote!


kcman011


quality posts: 5 Private Messages kcman011
JaundiceDave wrote:I read the post. You say that they've caught the cheaters, so why, if R and S are cheating, and woot has caught the cheaters, do they keep winning? Have they managed to be that incredibly clever that they can slip through woot's defenses with nary a care? It seems to be you whose enitre post is massively flawed, my friend. Perhaps if you put as much time into coming up with arguments as you do posing yourself for photos to illustrate bird anatomy, you would realize this.



I generally try to steer clear of the RamySekiAreCheatersAndShouldBeBanned debate, but I would just like to make a point concerning this post: almost every shirt that Ramy or Seki offers up in the derby that places sells out. That's $30K in woot's pocket (probably around half that net). That is reason enough for them to turn a blind eye to the issue.
They have found vote stuffing, and they tried to appease the voting masses crying foul by expanding the fog to 9 and the new hotness to non-fogged entries. Honestly, I think that this helps to cover up the ballot stuffing even more. If woot is going to turn a blind eye to it, what better way to pull the proverbial wool over wooters' eyes than to not allow them to see just how many votes a particular fogged shirt is getting, regardless of who the artist is? For instance, in last week's derby Seki's shirt won by a staggering number of votes. By the old derby standards, it would be extremely easy for wooters to see that she was getting, say +57 votes average over the 3-hour hotness period with the next shirt getting +33. The accusations of cheating would have been rampant (although obviously by the number and length of posts on this design, those accusations still are). But, with the new derby rules, it makes it much more difficult to finger-point because there is the level of the unknown.
The question is, did woot do this intentionally? As a person who takes pride in integrity, I would like to think not. But, again, woot is in the business of making money and, let's face it, Ramy and Seki are definitely good for business. If they are supposedly creating multiple accounts and buying a lot of their own shirts, why would woot care or attempt to stop it, if their sole reason is to go for the green? Ramy and Seki would be cutting into their own profit, and adding to woot's. If I were woot and had no integrity, that would be just fine by me.
Now, obviously what I have posted is pure conjecture and is not necessarily my personal opinion. I'm just trying to make a point as to why woot would potentially turn a blind eye to ballot stuffing. And why I think that the new voting system has created more problems than it has solved (that is my personal opinion).

kcman011


quality posts: 5 Private Messages kcman011
albinoapple wrote:The design seems way too dark and subtle, methinks the point would be lost on a shirt due to the inability to SEE the point.



He's not called the Dark Knight for nothing...and I think the moonlight illuminating the image serves the purpose of clarifying the point just fine...

JaundiceDave


quality posts: 2 Private Messages JaundiceDave
kcman011 wrote:I generally try to steer clear of the RamySekiAreCheatersAndShouldBeBanned debate, but I would just like to make a point concerning this post: almost every shirt that Ramy or Seki offers up in the derby that places sells out. That's $30K in woot's pocket (probably around half that net). That is reason enough for them to turn a blind eye to the issue.
They have found vote stuffing, and they tried to appease the voting masses crying foul by expanding the fog to 9 and the new hotness to non-fogged entries. Honestly, I think that this helps to cover up the ballot stuffing even more. If woot is going to turn a blind eye to it, what better way to pull the proverbial wool over wooters' eyes than to not allow them to see just how many votes a particular fogged shirt is getting, regardless of who the artist is? For instance, in last week's derby Seki's shirt won by a staggering number of votes. By the old derby standards, it would be extremely easy for wooters to see that she was getting, say +57 votes average over the 3-hour hotness period with the next shirt getting +33. The accusations of cheating would have been rampant (although obviously by the number and length of posts on this design, those accusations still are). But, with the new derby rules, it makes it much more difficult to finger-point because there is the level of the unknown.
The question is, did woot do this intentionally? As a person who takes pride in integrity, I would like to think not. But, again, woot is in the business of making money and, let's face it, Ramy and Seki are definitely good for business. If they are supposedly creating multiple accounts and buying a lot of their own shirts, why would woot care or attempt to stop it, if their sole reason is to go for the green? Ramy and Seki would be cutting into their own profit, and adding to woot's. If I were woot and had no integrity, that would be just fine by me.
Now, obviously what I have posted is pure conjecture and is not necessarily my personal opinion. I'm just trying to make a point as to why woot would potentially turn a blind eye to ballot stuffing. And why I think that the new voting system has created more problems than it has solved (that is my personal opinion).



Woot has no reason to do this. If they wanted to make money off R and S, they would simply have them on contract and sell a design a week. Why bother going through faking derby results if they can ask them for a design and sell it any time they feel like it?

IndependentVik


quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
moustrich wrote:My family has ostriches and that is actually a really good depiction of an ostrich foot. Here is a picture of one: http://www.acclaimimages.com/_gallery/_pages/0382-0702-0611-2848.html



Wow, those _are_ weird. Good job, then, DF. Ignore what I said about the feet--they look spot on.

ChefRAZ


quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
xazothia wrote:Sorry to butt in here, but I think you're the one who's confused. The colors on the woot template are for the shirt color only - the printable colors are ANYTHING out of the Pantone Solid Coated color book.



Thanks for that. I knew some people get excited while reading and can't comprehend what they read.

curtsblank


quality posts: 0 Private Messages curtsblank
Re: powered by coffee version2.0



I think it looks so much better smaller and off center. If you were thinking about changing it again though, go with the smaller size. Oh and keep up the good work.

rocks2359


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rocks2359
Re: Big Jerk



I love this shirt- can't beleive it didn't make it in the top five

JustinC197


quality posts: 1 Private Messages JustinC197

I agree with tjost! Its a pain, them there buggers!!

JustinC197


quality posts: 1 Private Messages JustinC197

Now call me stupid, but those jackets are AWESOME!! They look like WWII Bomber jackets. Like lindab53 said, I'd definitely buy one! I LOVE the design. And nice colors, too

JustinC197


quality posts: 1 Private Messages JustinC197

I see you flipped the bird, but come on, get serious. I don't see feathers and it can't fly. Don't be immature.

flower753


quality posts: 2 Private Messages flower753
Re: Little Wing


Cute character! GMV

picasserole wrote:Horton and Mayzie? Thanks for the vote of confidence, though I'm clueless as to who those two entities might be..:}


Horton & Mayzie are both Dr. Seuss characters (Horton Hears A Who and Daisy-Head Mayzie)

picasserole


quality posts: 0 Private Messages picasserole
flower753 wrote:Horton & Mayzie are both Dr. Seuss characters (Horton Hears A Who and Daisy-Head Mayzie)


Thanks for the support and yes, I googled the two names after reading the comment.. ;]

Creeper1313


quality posts: 8 Private Messages Creeper1313
Re: The Ugliest Duckling *resub*



This shirt is great and funny... it should definitely be higher in the polls.

shirtshark


quality posts: 0 Private Messages shirtshark
entezami wrote:Okay,

This is amazing, great work

BUT...

When you look at it from afar... and especially if you don't spend a lot of time analyzing it (as in, you're walking past the person wearing the shirt), it looks like the bottom bird is pooping out blue paint..

Not to be immature about it, just pointing out the potential of confusion/laughter.



Thanks... Now that's all I see when I see this shirt. Can't vote for it now.

cbh4pitt


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cbh4pitt

Please... for the love of God, let this win. This is the best shirt I've seen in forever.

agenthenry


quality posts: 0 Private Messages agenthenry
Re: Optical Illusion Bird



love the design and placement, too many woot shirt designs are just on the chest, and i'm not a fan of how those look.

too bad it doesn't look like this one will get printed :[

bennyIV


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bennyIV
Re: Blue Bird



Weird, I didn't expect to find the best in the derby all the way down here...

mrwednesday


quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
albinoapple wrote:PLEASE STOP raping the term "strawman." Stop with the pseudo-intellectual bullcrap and STOP dismissing valid points under that untrue excuse.

Yes, it's true, you think you ramy is logically a cheater on woot because he has cheated in the past and no one else can prove he has not cheated. How any of that is logical is beyond me. Maybe you've just ascended above any plane of intelligence that I can even comprehend.



No, it is logical to believe that ramy may cheat and skirt the rules here because he has done so in the past. He has already more than adequately shown that he doesn't care about the rules here. It's not a giant leap to assume that he also wouldn't care about directly cheating.

This is all beyond you because you aren't following correctly and hence are making invalid conclusions which makes it pretty likely that it is above your comprehension.

edit:

Just so we are clear I've posted the definition of strawman taken from wikipedia.

A straw man argument is an informal fallacy based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position.[1] To "attack a straw man" is to create the illusion of having refuted a proposition by substituting a superficially similar proposition (the "straw man"), and refuting it, without ever having actually refuted the original position.



Not a single argument he has levied has been against an actual statement I or anyone else has made yet he purports to have proven me wrong completely by showing flaws in his fabricated argument. Definition of a strawman.

mrwednesday


quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
billratio wrote:I have my doctorate in art history and art theory. No one would be wise to argue with me. This is the truest piece of art I have ever seen. Adder needs to go back to school (Have you ever been to school, Adder?) and relearn art. Stop talking about my expertise like you know something.



I have my doctorate in art history, art theory, computer science and graphic design and this guy has no idea what he is talking about. It would not be wise to argue me with because I have like twice the expertise.

artulo


quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Re: Don't Call Me Robin



voted.

gl!

j0naht


quality posts: 0 Private Messages j0naht
Re: Giddy Up! Ride em Turkey!



Yeah, this should have more votes +1 !