trucex

quality posts: 1 Private Messages trucex

Am I the ONLY person in here that is reminded of Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction by this shirt? I mean, robots with goldfish heads isn't exactly an often-occurring image...could it really be coincidence?

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

Nice, congrats!! Very cute design.

ramato42

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ramato42

Ooh, reminds me of those fishbot-things (Drophyds, I think?) from Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction.

http://cdn1.gamepro.com/article_img/gamepro/121829-1-1.jpg

Edit: Whoops, looks like I was beaten to it :P

plavacek

quality posts: 8 Private Messages plavacek
wugsby wrote:what is it with this derby and guns not firing the right way? Otherwise The cats in the background are STILL EXPLODING from whenever he shot at them

I'm thinking airstrike or mortars. I also kinda think this would have been better on plain-old black though. Probably because I like black shirts.

chrisprender

quality posts: 312 Private Messages chrisprender

I guess the "Naughty and Nice" Derby could have instead been named "Animals and Weaponry."

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

rikbitter

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rikbitter
tedgellar wrote:Two days in a row of cute animals being murdered? Did shirt.woot move to Japan?

Nah, this is more of the A-team-blow-em-into-a-swan-dive-and-have-them-run-away type of explosions. No half-cats or kitty-bitties picrued. I wouldn't sweat it.

---
Actually, more salty than bitter.

wugsby

quality posts: 4 Private Messages wugsby
kernel32dll wrote:Utonians.

Yes, what do you want?

jessmanch

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jessmanch

This shirt is slightly disappointing. Killing kitties?! How sad. Also, the naughty and nice theme has been abandoned. Where's the nice in this shirt? I don't see it. Hopefully the next derby will be better.

Lisbetts

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lisbetts

This takes the reverse scuba suit to a whole new level.

bookworm656

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bookworm656

This is the third fish shirt I've bought for one of my friends. She loves fish shirts.

Woot: I'm in it for the monkeys.

Giggers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Giggers

Congrats, Patrick. A fun design.

Alas, I am at the mercy of an editors choice to get "In addition to your radishes, I will take this". I would have worn it proudly.

spiderbeavis

quality posts: 3 Private Messages spiderbeavis

Shirt.woot of the year...I wasn't able to click the stupidly large yellow button fast enough! I can't wait to wear this in the presence of a few of my cat-loving friends. GMV and my purchase...great job!

isparabola

quality posts: 8 Private Messages isparabola

Two votes... Ack.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

We got two of these, it's the one I wanted from the beginning! I'm so glad this made it, thank you Wooters!!!!!!!!!!! -boogiewoogie-

cleverconveyence

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cleverconveyence
isparabola wrote:Two votes... Ack.

Crushing disappointment. Just what I wanted for Christmas!

Number of shirt.woots in 08: 23 (not counting randoms and shirts bought for friends)
number of shirt.woots in 09: 2 (same criteria)

krankykitty

quality posts: 1 Private Messages krankykitty

You could convince me that Ramy and/or Seki did this shirt as well. Interesting no one has commented on that yet... so is it a personal issue more than an issue of style?

Do, or do not. There is no try. ~Yoda

bethlehemstarr

quality posts: 19 Private Messages bethlehemstarr
krankykitty wrote:You could convince me that Ramy and/or Seki did this shirt as well. Interesting no one has commented on that yet... so is it a personal issue more than an issue of style?

Really- you think this looks like a shirt done by Ramy or Seki?
Wild.

isparabola

krankykitty wrote:You could convince me that Ramy and/or Seki did this shirt as well. Interesting no one has commented on that yet... so is it a personal issue more than an issue of style?

I was going to comment on it but I've been through that discussion twice in 2 nights.

cleverconveyence

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cleverconveyence

I was going to comment on how that it wasn't a sweep for ramyseki, but a sweep for TEH SHINY, but I couldn't be assed for some reason.

Still, at least this one has SOME emotion.

Number of shirt.woots in 08: 23 (not counting randoms and shirts bought for friends)
number of shirt.woots in 09: 2 (same criteria)

meh3884

quality posts: 25 Private Messages meh3884

i wonder if he'll remember what he's doing in a few seconds....

(note: goldfish actually do have memory spans of more than a few seconds)

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

meh3884

absolutely nothing like either of their shirts.

meh3884

jessmanch wrote:This shirt is slightly disappointing. Killing kitties?! How sad. Also, the naughty and nice theme has been abandoned. Where's the nice in this shirt? I don't see it. Hopefully the next derby will be better.

i don't think any of shirts had anything to do with the theme. but alas, we get what we get.

burgerboy06

quality posts: 0 Private Messages burgerboy06

this is sort of a ripoff of that American Dad episode in one of the goldfish's dream sequences.

bakerade

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bakerade

reminds me of weeknights on adult swim... i love it.

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987

Well, Seki'd never design something with this much detail. But I could see an argument that Ramy might design something like this, though he too rarely has this much thought in his concepts.

Regardless, I'd say that if one hates this design (I'm not a fan, myself), Patrickspens doesn't pidgeonhole his designs on a routine basis for pandering purposes, and his designs tend to have life and creativity. In other words, he's hardly a repeat offender, and has some really good designs under his belt. We'd never see anything like "Sky Fishing" from Ramy/Seki.

isparabola

jessmanch wrote:This shirt is slightly disappointing. Killing kitties?! How sad. Also, the naughty and nice theme has been abandoned. Where's the nice in this shirt? I don't see it. Hopefully the next derby will be better.

"Cute creatures doing horrible things. Horrible creatures being cute. Pick one of those and run with it. "

Goldfish killing cats, cute creature doing a horrible thing.

Although not really *cute* but fits the theme.

KevinMCombes

quality posts: 14 Private Messages KevinMCombes

You can help that cause by going there and clicking the "I want one" on The Keeper of Crimson Ghosts. And not "Predator".

However, jmanch, hope for the derby is pretty much lost on me. The last derby shirt I bought was Filthy Hippies, which was in July.

Shadowbat

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Shadowbat
kernel32dll wrote:Utonians.

Actually, we are known as "Utards." I'm in for one.

Sincerely......Batty

azdarkknight

quality posts: 5 Private Messages azdarkknight

/sigh

Seems every one was the same (even if this one is a better design and drawn).

I thought naughty and nice would have opened up more than this.

Piersol

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Piersol

It's about time the fish finally get back at the cats for all the wrong doings they have done. Go Fishys!

bethlehemstarr

quality posts: 19 Private Messages bethlehemstarr
azdarkknight wrote:/sigh

Seems every one was the same (even if this one is a better design and drawn).

I thought naughty and nice would have opened up more than this.

Naughty and nice opened up tons more then this.
The voters closed the door on them though.
I happen to really like this design. There were at least 10 incredibly wonderful designs in this derby. only 3 could print. Votes determined that this was the only one that printed.

patrickspens

quality posts: 8 Private Messages patrickspens
jmmbell1987 wrote:Well, Seki'd never design something with this much detail. But I could see an argument that Ramy might design something like this, though he too rarely has this much thought in his concepts.

Regardless, I'd say that if one hates this design (I'm not a fan, myself), Patrickspens doesn't pidgeonhole his designs on a routine basis for pandering purposes, and his designs tend to have life and creativity. In other words, he's hardly a repeat offender, and has some really good designs under his belt. We'd never see anything like "Sky Fishing" from Ramy/Seki.

Thanks!!! Nice to see people notice I try to mix up the style of my entries. I hope the Peter Rabbit makes the Honorable Mentions or editors choice. I know how it feels to get 4th... not fun.

mccsean2

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mccsean2

Perhaps the goldfish went a bit too far...kinda overkill if you ask me.

melrak90

quality posts: 2 Private Messages melrak90

better than a fish tank?

HarryBalzakk

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HarryBalzakk

Congrats on the print! Great looking design (so much better than 1st and 2nd place).
I think I might have to get this one for my son.

DrBaron

quality posts: 17 Private Messages DrBaron

would a cat really eat a goldfish if you gave it one?

Orthonormal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Orthonormal

So you're not going to credit Phil Foglio on this one? Looks suspiciously like his goldfish driving a tracked bowl, using the same control scheme.

See the "printable gift tags" (this art has shown up elsewhere, this is just the first copy I found):
http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/fun/freestuff.php

midnighthour00

quality posts: 1 Private Messages midnighthour00

While this shirt is pretty good, I am severely disappointed that Gorgon Love did not win at all. I really wanted that shirt.

DrkRonin

quality posts: 12 Private Messages DrkRonin

You know, I have a collection of shirts going since i joined shirt.woot.. i call it my Woot Pond.. it consists of mostly all of woot's Fish shirts... but this one.. is getting flushed because its to violent for my peaceful little pond.

DarkDrag0n

quality posts: 7 Private Messages DarkDrag0n
JadenKale wrote:at least it wasn't a 3 way anime shut out.

Congrats, Patrick!

I've seen lots of anime that uses those half-circle angry eyes and mouth outside the bounds of the face. It's a staple in many anime series for short bursts of comedic anger.

I haven't actually seen it used in regular cartoons, where eyebrows are used more for expressions, so I'm not sure why people don't associate it with anime.