knickers22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages knickers22

The blue is meant to compliment the orange of the phoenix but I do think a duller color would have been better. Still bought one! I am so happy a shirt I loved and voted for finally won!

aoviss

quality posts: 23 Private Messages aoviss

Recycling is one of the biggest carbon footprints possible. You're shipping around garbage so you can chop it up, heat it up, sort it, melt it down, ship it all over again...and have countless workers drive to and from these areas to work...some being government jobs with amazing and batpoop insane benefits...coming from tax money...so people cant afford to have one income in their house, so the spouse has to work...adding to more driving, and another vehicle...more greenhouse gas.

Whoa, did I just make my own circle here?

Now I have to buy the shirt.

Slight Gatchaman reference anyways. I love when that ship turned into the Pheonix!

Mahjongman

quality posts: 18 Private Messages Mahjongman
kcman011 wrote:Robin didn't place in the top 4. The final two spots are being fought over by Illusions of Grandeur, Predator(V2) and No Bowling!!!

My guess is that Predator will be tomorrow's shirt, followed by No Bowling...

I checked random, didn't work

kcman011

quality posts: 5 Private Messages kcman011
Mahjongman wrote:How do you know? It looks like Woot fixed the glitch on the count on the derby page, I'm seeing ? for all nine, even when organized by date.

They call me...Nostradamus. Also, I sorted by Random...

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost

Waaaiiitt a tick. This is not the art everyone voted for. He resubbed with grey arrows, this is blue arrows. Woot did you screw up and swap the images or are you really printing something people didn't vote for?

Re: The Original Recycler

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
kcman011 wrote:They call me...Nostradamus. Also, I sorted by Random...

You can also sort it by date. Cho came in 5th, that's why I said before that the vote range is relatively close: 1st: 965 - 5th: 708

Mahjongman

quality posts: 18 Private Messages Mahjongman
kcman011 wrote:They call me...Nostradamus. Also, I sorted by Random...

Okay, figured it out. You have to click on the link to the Derby from the top of the shirt description on the main page. It doesn't work if you click on "Derby" at the top of the page.

kcman011

Mahjongman wrote:I checked random, didn't work

Well, if they fixed it, they did it after I checked the derby. I sorted by Random, and the only three shirts with question marks were the aformentioned designs. And, while I really REALLY wanted Flight Academy and/or Don't Call Me Robin to print, I guess I'll have to settle for this entry being my only purchase this derby. Sigh, and there were so many good designs...

JadenKale

Mahjongman wrote:I just triple-checked. I sorted by random, and I'm still getting 9 question marks.

They fixed it.

JadenKale

kcman011 wrote:Well, if they fixed it, they did it after I checked the derby. I sorted by Random, and the only three shirts with question marks were the aformentioned designs. And, while I really REALLY wanted Flight Academy and/or Don't Call Me Robin to print, I guess I'll have to settle for this entry being my only purchase this derby. Sigh, and there were so many good designs...

4... kc... 4: ramy's, both of patrickspens', and beefmoe64.

rwggt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rwggt

My hubby drives a Firebird so anything related to the Phoenix is redneck cool. I agree about the blue arrows but love the design expression & it goes with the recycling theme. Was a must have hope it gets here by Tues. I ponied up the extra 5 to ensure that. Good shirt.

kcman011

Mahjongman wrote:Okay, figured it out. You have to click on the link to the Derby from the top of the shirt description on the main page. It doesn't work if you click on "Derby" at the top of the page.

Maybe my being in Afghanistan and using a server based out of Hong Kong has something to do with it, then, because I just checked again and am only getting three fogged entries...

kcman011

JadenKale wrote:4... kc... 4: ramy's, both of patrickspens', and beefmoe64.

Well technically, the winner isn't a fogged entry anymore. ;)

sonny2009

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sonny2009

I have to agree. Personaly, this shirt is just kind of meh to me.

I'm thinking it got first becasue the phoenix illustrations closely resemble Ramyb / Sekiyou's typical Pokemon style characters.

Just an idea. Congrats just the same Mr. Pens.

tomochi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages tomochi

Then which is the shirt we'll be getting? I personally voted for it, because of the change in colors.

Mekora

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mekora

I really didn't expect this shirt to win first. This was the only shirt I voted for and am so excited that it printed. Woot!

ltgeneralkasty

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ltgeneralkasty

oh my god woot, i cannot resist this shirt.

in for one.

this will be my 36th shirt from woot, including 33 shirt.woots (+randoms) and 2 from the most recent woot-off.

now to decide if i want this overnighted, or just wait 'til new years for it.

EDIT: decided to wait and save a lincoln. apparently this was my 50th woot overall as well.

57 shirts and counting (1/8/14)

i got two quality posts?!

nautikal

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nautikal

Which shirt is it???? The grayish blue or the blue?

MissJamieD

quality posts: 44 Private Messages MissJamieD

What a pleasant surprise!! Congratulations on a great tee!

davidelliot

quality posts: 2 Private Messages davidelliot

I'm sure Dumbledore would be proud

gmistake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gmistake

I just hope when its printed it isn't so close to the neck line. For an adult male shirt it looks odd when there is so much shirt under the print. Also I can't look down and enjoy the design cause I can't see the whole thing, you know with having a chin and all.
In for one, but prolly will regret it.

porkman385

quality posts: 0 Private Messages porkman385

Birds are recyclable? You learn something new every day...

JadenKale

porkman385 wrote:Birds are recyclable? You learn something new every day...

Do you not know the legend of the phoenix?

ArrSea

quality posts: 6 Private Messages ArrSea

I never thought I'd be buying a shirt although there have been many great designs but I had to get two of these. I'm a nerd and a game I play has the Phoenix in it so this shirt spoke to me =P then I realized I could get another and get my friend to wear it too and we'd be two nerds with the same shirt.

Phoenix kicks ash.

tylersmom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tylersmom

is there any way to order more than 3 shirts - i wanted to get alot of them for xmas presents

lindab53

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lindab53
tylersmom wrote:is there any way to order more than 3 shirts - i wanted to get alot of them for xmas presents

You can only order 3 per account per day.

Draug

quality posts: 69 Private Messages Draug
but old people small, not baby small

Thank you, woot. I hadn't yet been reminded today that I'm eventually going to be even shorter than I am now.

The enemy's gate is down.
Writers are people too! (Albeit strange ones.)
Save Poe! Reckon Nevermore! Or he'll be head-locked forevermore!

antidote859

quality posts: 3 Private Messages antidote859

Well, would you look at that. The shirt uses the infamous blue/orange combo that has become so notorious in movie posters: http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/11/27/orangeblue-contrast-in-movie-posters/

llamabox

quality posts: 36 Private Messages llamabox
tjost wrote:Waaaiiitt a tick. This is not the art everyone voted for. He resubbed with grey arrows, this is blue arrows. Woot did you screw up and swap the images or are you really printing something people didn't vote for?

Did Woot pull another 'Post Victory Edit' on us?

...not that there's anything wrong with that

Make your own damn beer

Draug

quality posts: 69 Private Messages Draug
antidote859 wrote:Well, would you look at that. The shirt uses the infamous blue/orange combo that has become so notorious in movie posters: http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/11/27/orangeblue-contrast-in-movie-posters/

No no no! Why did I click?!? WHY?!? If only I were colorblind I could unsee the orange/blue!

The enemy's gate is down.
Writers are people too! (Albeit strange ones.)
Save Poe! Reckon Nevermore! Or he'll be head-locked forevermore!

NellaYesac

quality posts: 1 Private Messages NellaYesac

Who's ready for a patrickspens three peat?

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.
Stop, Drop, and Roll.

jtbradford

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jtbradford

Congrats on the derby win. Here's hoping for delusions of grandeur to make the cut on Sat/Sun...

LadyMediocrity

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LadyMediocrity

In for one! I'm so glad this printed!

LadyMediocrity

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LadyMediocrity
tylersmom wrote:is there any way to order more than 3 shirts - i wanted to get alot of them for xmas presents

I guess you could set up an extra account to order more shirts, but I'm pretty sure that's frowned upon.

Do you really want to give so many of your acquaintances the same shirt anyway? It will just make for constant awkward oh-we're-all-wearing- the-same-thing moments.

bkeokip

quality posts: 6 Private Messages bkeokip

I never been a big fan of the classic recycling symbol, and this shirt has done little to change that... Although, I do admit that it was slightly clever

bkeokip

quality posts: 6 Private Messages bkeokip

It looks like the three stages in the evolution of a Pokemon...

sekiyoku

quality posts: 18 Private Messages sekiyoku

bouncing! congrats on the imminent sellout :D

xPhoenix777

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xPhoenix777

So, I had a struggle to remember my password... searched all over... then finally reset it. Go to the main page, and "SOLD OUT!"

>_<

smash261

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smash261

this shirt looks awesome, i want one but they are sold out