kbeers


quality posts: 3 Private Messages kbeers
Mrspott wrote:Our Movie Genre really you quoted Wikipedia... ya thats creditable and thats also 2001 and 2007 not right now
the earth has experienced rapid global changes in temperature by 18* in 20 years several times i think the . something degrees in 100 years is just fine.... check your history book before wiki if you don't believe me look it up prove me wrong and feel almighty and important... I won't care just NEVER quote Wikipedia again please



The point of Wikipedia is that it is a summarization of information that also includes links to the direct citations used in the synthesis of the articles. I can't help it if you're too lazy to go click on the links to the scientific journals at the bottom of the article. Check the validity of the references for yourself and make up your own mind. Good lord, learn to research instead of screaming "Wikipedia is the devil!"

jmmbell1987


quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987

Honestly, I just wish the colors weren't so damn... I hate overusing this phrase... shiny. Clean, simple designs can be nice. I think this has so much glow that it's kitschy. Otherwise, I appreciate its simplicity (though I'm wary of its similarity to Human Genome Project).

jmmbell1987


quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
Re: Discovery of Water on the Moon (resub)



I don't disagree that it's a nice image, very well drawn. I'm just not sure woot's ever printed anything like this successfully.

DarkDrag0n


quality posts: 7 Private Messages DarkDrag0n
kbeers wrote:^This!

For those spouting fraud: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_opinion_on_climate_change

"National and international science academies and scientific societies have assessed the current scientific opinion, in particular on recent global warming. These assessments have largely followed or endorsed the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) position of January 2001 that states:

An increasing body of observations gives a collective picture of a warming world and other changes in the climate system... There is new and stronger evidence that most of the warming observed over the last 50 years is attributable to human activities.



If you ever care to dig deeper than the mass media and most easily accessible information, you'd find out that the world isn't and hasn't been warming for quite some time.

I don't want to get all preachy, but I do think it's important for people to know a couple things. There are many scientists who get funding to prove the existence of global warming, but there is no such money for disproving it. As a result, many opportunistic people have altered data and left out contrary data. The "Climategate" incident is proof of this, even if they try to spin it as a "shortcut" or "doing it for the good of people to take action against global warming".

Here are a few facts:

The globe constantly goes through heating and cooling cycles, and we are in a cooling cycle right now.

There is no significant change in the polar ice levels, and minor change is not rapidly accelerating.

Water vapor is a much more significant factor in the greenhouse effect than CO2. Compared with the dozens of other greenhouse factors, the man-made increase in CO2 levels is negligible.

Displaying polar bears harmed by global warming shows the need to create emotional response as opposed to a logical argument with real data.

You don't have to take some news anchor's or ex-vice president's word that global warming exists. The real data and websites are out there, find out for yourself that this might be the largest global scam ever (not sarcastic, just melodramatic).

bonezz322


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bonezz322
Re: Global Warming??



Hello Everyone I hope you like this Design.
a larger image is also available for viewing at this link : global warming


bonezz322


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bonezz322
bonezz322 wrote:Hello Everyone I hope you like this Design.
a larger image is also available for viewing at this link : global warming



sorry linked it wrong.
global warming


kbeers


quality posts: 3 Private Messages kbeers
DarkDrag0n wrote:If you ever care to dig deeper than the mass media and most easily accessible information, you'd find out that the world isn't and hasn't been warming for quite some time.

I don't want to get all preachy, but I do think it's important for people to know a couple things. There are many scientists who get funding to prove the existence of global warming, but there is no such money for disproving it. As a result, many opportunistic people have altered data and left out contrary data. The "Climategate" incident is proof of this, even if they try to spin it as a "shortcut" or "doing it for the good of people to take action against global warming".

Here are a few facts:

The globe constantly goes through heating and cooling cycles, and we are in a cooling cycle right now.

There is no significant change in the polar ice levels, and minor change is not rapidly accelerating.

Water vapor is a much more significant factor in the greenhouse effect than CO2. Compared with the dozens of other greenhouse factors, the man-made increase in CO2 levels is negligible.

Displaying polar bears harmed by global warming shows the need to create emotional response as opposed to a logical argument with real data.

You don't have to take some news anchor's or ex-vice president's word that global warming exists. The real data and websites are out there, find out for yourself that this might be the largest global scam ever (not sarcastic, just melodramatic).



References for your facts?

DarkDrag0n


quality posts: 7 Private Messages DarkDrag0n

I know the debate might start tonight, but I'm going to bed after typing that long thing. Be back at 10 to debate, if Woot doesn't delete them as off-topic lol.

In seriousness, I wouldn't mind an intellectual debate. If interested, post some of your sources and I can do the same for what I posted.

bassanimation


quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: Death Certificate



This type of design isnt normally something for me, but this illustration is kickazz. I love the way it flows, and the general shape of the entire pic. Just an awesome job Draxxx!

jmmbell1987


quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
Re: The Analog to Digital Tie



A wonderful idea, beautifully executed. In other words, your usual type of work.

jmmbell1987


quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
Re: Collision



The illusion of depth here is really well done. The light leads you to the center of the image too; it's not just there to make it look like a photoshopped "style". Definitely an interesting take on a topic that doesn't have a lot of fresh angles left (given the number of "LHC will end the world!" jokes that flew about some months ago).

jmmbell1987


quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
Re: I give up . . .



Honestly, the size and spiral of the sun is off-putting. It hogs the image, and it isn't really clear that it is a sun until you see the polar bear.

xazothia


quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia
Re: Global Warming??



Oh man - I totally overlooked this at first because the thumbnail was so drab and boring. I think you should resubmit this with a thumbnail that shows more of the design.

puppetsbane


quality posts: 0 Private Messages puppetsbane
Re: Replication



Hey! I have DNA! On those grounds, I feel this shirt represents me. If you have DNA, you should vote for it too!

noottamnitram


quality posts: 0 Private Messages noottamnitram
Re: The Analog to Digital Tie



if i may critique, i love the idea but if you made the tie come to a point at the bottom so it more closely resembles a necktie i think it would look a lot better. keep it up though

CityVelo


quality posts: 1 Private Messages CityVelo
tjost wrote: awesomeinformationalstuff+
Ok this is my screen print science PA for the day Enjoi



Thank you for that, tjost.

parrotworks


quality posts: 16 Private Messages parrotworks
Re: learning to speak monkey



Man recently made breakthroughs in communicating with monkeys. "Krak krak" means "Watch out, a leopard!". I could only guess the translation came through trial and error.

Jemmacakes


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jemmacakes



Mrspott wrote:sorry nothing against you Sgreenip but if this wins a part of me will die inside. mostly because i hate seeing politically motivated shirts win.



I'll come to your funeral.

It's a nice shirt, timely and worthy of a win.

I don't know why people behave like chookies when it comes to politics, except to regurgitate faux news.

blat.

ChefRAZ


quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
Re: Replication



Tis the season to be jolly .. fa lalalalaaaa la la la shiny!

omninull


quality posts: 0 Private Messages omninull
adbaxter wrote: Hell, Nanonauts would illustrate the prize better.


Not really, telomeres are endcaps. Then bottom end of the dna 'disintegrating fits.

albinoapple


quality posts: 2 Private Messages albinoapple
Re: Collision



Hmm... do I want a tunnel going inbetween my breasts...? I think I'll pass. ;]

bonezz322


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bonezz322
Re: Global Warming?? (Resub)



As requested, updated the design detail pic.
Follow this link for larger view of design

Thanks for the input!


picasserole


quality posts: 0 Private Messages picasserole

BootsBoots


quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots
NinjaStorm wrote:Would it be possible to get a closeup of the sun? I'm trying to figure out what the halftones come out looking like. Am I right in guessing that the sun center is orange dots on yellow?



Yep. Orange on yellow. Here's a CLOSEUP.


Paperchaos


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Paperchaos
Re: I give up . . .



Art provokes thought, and dialogue...way to go SGreenip!

WayDisc


quality posts: 0 Private Messages WayDisc
Re: Jerkury



So you are saying it's not man's fault?

hajile


quality posts: 1 Private Messages hajile

Yesss. Great shirt. Needs to print.

hajile


quality posts: 1 Private Messages hajile

Haha, I love the simplicity of the shirt. GMV.

Manvyi


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Manvyi
Re: Juggling



This year:

I bought loads of t-shirts (haven't counted them, but there wasn't one the ladies didn't comment favourably on - except perhaps Nose Hares...);
It snowed (twice);
I went down with the dreaded flu (once, and that was quite enough);
It was International Year of Astronomy (all year long).

Merry Christmas and a Happier New Year to all!

facemeetpavement


quality posts: 0 Private Messages facemeetpavement
MadamAtom wrote:Hmm. I dunno. Appropriate, but maybe too familiar. (Scroll down a bit on the linked page.)



i disagree with that. i think its plenty different from that image, really not the same concept or feeling behind it.


anyway, this made me laugh my ass off. got my vote.

BootsBoots


quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots
WayDisc wrote:So you are saying it's not man's fault?



No. There's no real commentary here. Except that Mercury's a real dicky planet. Most likely because he has a Napoleon complex.


dr_beaker


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dr_beaker
Re: Replication



Every year I give my student interns a thank you t-shirt. This shirt would be perfect for the purpose.

thurdl01


quality posts: 11 Private Messages thurdl01
Re: Replication



This made it into the fog in just 13 hours over night?

jabberjaws13


quality posts: 2 Private Messages jabberjaws13


great job ramyb. i like the fact that it isn't so closely tied to 2009 and can be worn anytime. also, it isn't yet another negative shirt reminding us how horrible 2009 has been. good luck!

Happy Beer.

amscray


quality posts: 0 Private Messages amscray
Re: I FIGHT NO MORE RESUB



Wow I'm glad someone else thought this was a worthwhile event to mention. The number of dog fight rings and puppy mills that keep springing up are just insane. Love the shirt, GMV

amscray


quality posts: 0 Private Messages amscray
Re: Make that 5 panda cubs, aww yeah!



I love it on the green! Adorably put together and awesome color choices Jas!!

amscray


quality posts: 0 Private Messages amscray
Re: Harsh Critics



Boots, you never let us down. This is just too damn accurate!!

jewelwing


quality posts: 13 Private Messages jewelwing
sugareeali wrote:Love. This.
I can understand the tie coming to a point thing (and also think that would look cool) but I bet JW was probably going for the 80's skinny tie look. Which actually mixes quite well with the colors. gmv



I'm glad you got this. Square bottomed ties are about a million times cooler than point bottomed ones! For this design I was thinking more along the lines of goofy 80's party than corporate boardroom meeting.
You can see one of these wonderful ties here.

But geez, you mean I can't randomly type 1s & 0s and made code? Dangit! Computer class dropout...

It's interesting that some people have an issue with the shiny screen part because I was just shopping for a little TV and it annoyed me that all the really nice large LED/LCDs have shiny screens, while the little ones have dull. Personally I want the shiny so that's why I did it here. And if anyone could tell me where to purchase an 22" shiny-screen it'd be much appreciated.

Thanks so much for the comments!

amscray


quality posts: 0 Private Messages amscray
Re: Jerkury



/votes x 1000

Drakxxx


quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx
Re: This is a metaphor for swine flu panic.



Great character and colors Zenne! I love all the nice shading as well.