AtheneSchmidt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AtheneSchmidt
Re: The Guardian

I absolutely love this concept! Great shirt!

Smoothesuede

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Smoothesuede
Re: Recurring Nightmare

My friend, I would buy this shirt. I quite like it. Especially the more doodle-style drawing in the dream bubble. It tickles me funny bone, heh. In for a vote.

Smoothesuede

Re: Don't Forget Your Scarf RESUB

WHY IS THIS NOT IN THE FOG???
I need this design on my body, post-haste. I may only be one vote, but I'll click the "I'd Want One" button very hard, in the hopes that it intimidates the Derby into making my vote more powerful.

Smoothesuede

Re: Melvillian Nightmare (resub)

I love the concept and design, for the most part. In for a vote from me.

Not sure what, though, but the mouth is bothering me. That's not what I picture baleen to look like, for some reason, but I can't describe why, heh. Maybe it's also the oddly squared angles on the bottom jaw.

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx
Re: LOBSTER CHEFS resub

I really like the drawing and composition here.
I can tell this one took a while to illustrate. It's cool how you have the guy grabbing at the placemat as well.

sonny2009

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sonny2009

Fantastically amazing and terrific job you two.

Drak, you could have easily composed some incredible epic monster for this derby, but you took things a whole step further with this design. There is so much concept to it, it's just phenomenal.

Crescent Debris, your colors are beautiful on this, and they compliment Drak's fantastic line work excellently.

/praise +1 vote

monkeyswag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages monkeyswag
Re: Eisler's Nightmare

Clever concept, and cute without animals. gl & gmv

halcyonnn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages halcyonnn
AdderXYU wrote:People who don't know what they're talking about should not be allowed to make their voice heard. and anyone who is not sick of this sort of junk winning religiously while diverse, creative, attractive work flounders doesn't know jack. To a man, everyone who voted for this shirt is wrong. This isn't interesting. Why is it interesting? Because it's a dreamcatcher? It isn't attractive. Why is it, because it glows? This isn't original. Try to explain how it is. People can't do it. Ever. It's a hivemind of ignorance and cannot ever be justified by anything but "Ohmigod, it's just my OPINION!" Yeah, and if your opinion has no basis in logic or fact, your opinion is worthless. there is no logic to needing another shirt like this, and no facts to make this somehow a worthwhile addition to anyone's wardrobe. You can get this schlock elsewhere, and indeed had months to buy a near identical piece from this very "artist" and site. What can anyone offer as to why this IS even remotely worthwhile, other than "wah, I like it"?

What's next, a horribly halftoned design supposedly encapsulating water on the moon that will print like utter scaffolding? We need to up the quality around here before that happens.

Wow are you really saying people are not allowed to like what they like? Art is a personal thing and not something based in logic. Why do you think that science shows they come from two different sides of the brain? You want to talk about thinking logically, but that really is not the side of the brain that processes art. Well atleast not for most people. So while you think that you are so superior and understand logic so much more than everyone else, you are not thinking logically when you believe that logic should dictate peoples taste in art.

This is what makes art interesting. You either like it or you dont. There is not always something that you can put in words. It is supposed to invoke a feeling. And feelings are not logical. Allthough, I am sure that I can find a few logical reasons for my growing distaste for you.

weirdpuckett

quality posts: 0 Private Messages weirdpuckett
Re: dreamcatcher

I have a dreamcatcher with peacock feathers in my room a;ong with a katchina doll made by a real genuine Navajo indian!!!Yes,They are working!!

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: Behold a pale horse...

ROFL! And not about the design. Agenda for the day: 1-check Woot and Shirt.Woot; 2-Check Derby for fog/new designs/comments - maybe offer up one myself; 3-find threads on ramyb and/or seki designs for amusement factor. I'm sorry - I don't mean to offend anyone who takes these things so very seriously, but so much angst is pointless. Woot wants to sell shirts. Check out the "What is Shirt.Woot" if you don't recall that.
Ramyb designs are cute. Seki designs are generic. And they sell. LOTs. One of my personal fave designers is Drakxxx (got Valkyrie on right now), but his darker stuff doesn't sell as well. I kind of consider the three as relative equals, in terms of artistic ability. The difference lies in style, imagination and (probably) intent. Honestly, every week there are derby submissions that are just dismal - horrendous line drawings and inept cartoons... I hate that 'it's a clever idea and I can toss off a quick sketch to illustrate it' style. But I try to remember that, while I really, really appreciate the artistic caliber of many of Woot's contributors and am very disappointed when a favorite doesn't print, it's still about popular opinion. Art is a bonus. We just have to live with the fact that some styles don't suit us, that silly tourist-shop pun Tees sell better than more artistic stuff, and that the really awesome art doesn't always get printed. (And yet the artists keep submitting, which I REALLY appreciate!)
I know I'm not going to stop all the debates with this post - y'all do what you do. Remember, though - you could be stuck wearing nothing but Balloon Boy and Haiku tees...

SnowQueenVT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT
Re: Gnomophobia

I like this.I would definately enjoy wearing it!

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

SnowQueenVT

Re: Pimpskull

This is such a cool shirt, it would look good on me! Cool one!

SnowQueenVT

Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=38881]

(this is about the shirt Oh, somebody dropped their teddy bear)

This is truly creepy and scary. You are in touch with your fears!I would wear this to the basement to say "beat it ghouls!I'm not afraid of you!
My shirt is waaay scarier than anything you can dish out!" You know sort of as a talisman. I thought the little boy in front of the audience (your shirt?right?) Was absolutely the cutest little thing, very precious.People used to draw little bare rumpys all the time in the 20's and 30's but now it 's a different world ,so your solution, I thought was well done.

SnowQueenVT

Re: Nightmare Spawn

Ok I admit it.I want one! This is cool! Very awesome .I want one want one want one.

SnowQueenVT

This is cool. I want one of these too.

SnowQueenVT

thatrobert wrote:Thanks. She's 3 and pretty sensitive so I didn't show her this design where she has a "mean face" and there's a monster. I have a similar drawing of her that I did minus the monster that I designed and printed when she became a big sister.

(These comments are about the shirt "They're as afraid of you as you are of them")

Awwww! So nice that she's a big sister! Good luck with your awesome designing and with those two precious babies.You can see my babies in bear at the window design which has an exciting 7 votes! Next time I'm leaving mommy out of the picture and leaving in the kids. Much more mass appeal that way.
anyway,love that shirt of yours! Have a great weekend . We'll be looking out for your designs .

kneusha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kneusha
Drakxxx wrote:I really like the drawing and composition here.
I can tell this one took a while to illustrate. It's cool how you have the guy grabbing at the placemat as well.

Thank you Draxxx. This one really was fun to draw, so I didn't mind the all-nighter ; p

kneusha

cgj5361

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cgj5361
Re: Nightmares

Thanks to everyone for all the votes and kind words! I'm very encouraged by the response to this design!

SnowQueenVT

Re: ...and then I'm standing on a stage...

This shirt is so cute.It really is. I think you handled the nudity in the best possible way for this particular design. I think it is precious( which in my family is a big compliment.)I also think it's a brave design and goes deep down to the heart of what it feels like to really put yourself out there...on a stage or in front of a group of people....Plus, it's so darn cute!

starrynite211

quality posts: 0 Private Messages starrynite211
paigeg wrote:Woot wants to sell shirts. Check out the "What is Shirt.Woot" if you don't recall that.

Before reading any of the postings my initial reaction was "wow that's little death's nightmare, when he realizes that his life will never be normal because he doesn't get to go to playgrounds to play, he goes to take lives." Maybe this is or isn't what Ramy intended to depict, but every design is always going to be up to the interpretation of the masses. I noticed the skull once I looked at the details, but was surprised that only 2-3 people mentioned that at all. I believe that it helps tie it to the topic. Yes sure if you showed someone the shirt and asked whats the topic? they wouldn't come close. But would they on the other shirts? I haven't read all the threads on them, but I get the feeling they aren't as extensive, as many are implying this is Ramy's MO. Maybe that's true, maybe he is tangential a lot of the time, I don't know.
But it all links with what paigeg said. This is ALL about woot selling product. And they aren't going to take down submissions that are getting tons of votes, because they are hoping that everyone that votes buys the shirt. Yea it would be great to get such a broad variety through the derbys and for other talented people to get a chance to sell their shirts as well. But its not in woot's best interest to sell something that the masses aren't saying they want. Frankly, I think all the designers here should just be happy with the opportunity to submit our artwork and get it out there. Woot doesnt have to have derbys at all. This is a great place for constructive criticism and learning new things. And if the same people win over and over again, regardless of if you like their design aesthetic or you think their off topic, then obviously there are those out there that do like their work. If it bothers you so much to see something win that you feel is off topic and unfair, welcome to the real world where stuff isn't always fair. Don't participate if you cant stand it.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
ijustride wrote:If a girl wears this shirt, will her boobs bite me?

like the shirt btw

LOL, nahhh, they look mean but they are soft and squishy boob sharks.

Thanks, and you so deserve a quality post for that one, haaa!

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Nightsharks!

The best sharks characters ever!

gmv!

SnowQueenVT

Re: The Wedding - A Flower Nightmare

Jasneko this is pretty and your other shirt is funny!

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
SnowQueenVT wrote:(These comments are about the shirt "They're as afraid of you as you are of them")

Awwww! So nice that she's a big sister! Good luck with your awesome designing and with those two precious babies.You can see my babies in bear at the window design which has an exciting 7 votes! Next time I'm leaving mommy out of the picture and leaving in the kids. Much more mass appeal that way.
anyway,love that shirt of yours! Have a great weekend . We'll be looking out for your designs .

Thanks SnowQueen. I've noticed your designs -- keep entering and you'll have a hit someday!

SnowQueenVT

Re: The Artist's Nightmare

This is a great shirt to wear while working(especially for artists) and funny too.Love the joke, can relate to her massive easel.

cgj5361

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cgj5361
Re: Slappy devouring his pug V2

This is my favorite design!

SnowQueenVT

Re: Toilet Nightmares - the evil bowl of chili

This is very very funny and your characters are truly great.And I love your style! Lots of men in my family would enjoy this shirt.and the ladies could enjoy them enjoying their shirt while wearing your other flower one!

kevinhann1575

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kevinhann1575
Re: The Sleep of Reason Produces Flying Turtles

I want this on a poster so bad.

SnowQueenVT

Re: Close Your Eyes

I like how the little girl doesn't seem to mind all the creepy stuff going on in her room, it's her room, yeah there are nightmares in there, but they aren't really going to hurt her. She sleeps on.Magnifico. I'd love to see childrens books by you.

SnowQueenVT

thatrobert wrote:Thanks SnowQueen. I've noticed your designs -- keep entering and you'll have a hit someday!

Thanks thatrobert!

TempestWings

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TempestWings
Re: The Death Bird

Wow, this is really great. Love it. gmv

Kwatson29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kwatson29
Re: I hate 'em myself

I see Beetle Juice too! Looks just like the sand monster!

albinoapple

quality posts: 2 Private Messages albinoapple
weirdpuckett wrote:I have a dreamcatcher with peacock feathers in my room a;ong with a katchina doll made by a real genuine Navajo indian!!!Yes,They are working!!

Really?? They are working?!!

fabiofranca

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fabiofranca
Re: Friendly Makeover

You should try this at threadless or put straight to sale at the mysoti.com website. This is a great design for a tee.

[/quote]

xazothia

quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia
weirdpuckett wrote:I have a dreamcatcher with peacock feathers in my room a;ong with a katchina doll made by a real genuine Navajo indian!!!Yes,They are working!!

I hope it was intentional, because this is the most hilarious post I've read in forever.

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
starrynite211 wrote: This is a great place for constructive criticism and learning new things.

Q-P! And thanks - that's exactly why I really do read the community posts (not just to smirk at the snarks). The constructive advice at the early stages of a derby is interesting, and I even have some of my own upon occasion. I'm not much of an artist, but I enjoy it, and participating in the process vicariously. Oh, yeah - and wearing the shirts!

alowisney

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alowisney

I really like this one. It took me a second to notice the figure at the bottom. Maybe I'm tired.

ressaler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ressaler
thatrobert wrote:

• Congratulations on winning a Best Loser Award!
  • This is not SPAM.
  • Winning a BLA does NOT mean this shirt won't print -- I'm hoping it does.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.
  • Joe Lies!

WOW, really thank you for the support!

mlovesr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mlovesr
SydsKid wrote:While I really do not like the over-used Mario-genre, I must say that you've done an excellent job Robbie! The execution is perfect. I swear I could wear a rglee shirt every day of the week!

Me, too! I have a lot of his shirts and love his designs.

soothsayer117

quality posts: 0 Private Messages soothsayer117
AdderXYU wrote:People who don't know what they're talking about should not be allowed to make their voice heard. and anyone who is not sick of this sort of junk winning religiously while diverse, creative, attractive work flounders doesn't know jack. To a man, everyone who voted for this shirt is wrong. This isn't interesting. Why is it interesting? Because it's a dreamcatcher? It isn't attractive. Why is it, because it glows? This isn't original. Try to explain how it is. People can't do it. Ever. It's a hivemind of ignorance and cannot ever be justified by anything but "Ohmigod, it's just my OPINION!" Yeah, and if your opinion has no basis in logic or fact, your opinion is worthless. there is no logic to needing another shirt like this, and no facts to make this somehow a worthwhile addition to anyone's wardrobe. You can get this schlock elsewhere, and indeed had months to buy a near identical piece from this very "artist" and site. What can anyone offer as to why this IS even remotely worthwhile, other than "wah, I like it"?

What's next, a horribly halftoned design supposedly encapsulating water on the moon that will print like utter scaffolding? We need to up the quality around here before that happens.

Now this is one of the most balderah posts I have ever encountered here at Woot. So now you need logic and facts to justify a shirt purchase, don't make me laugh. You really need to look over your post and think about what you just wrote. If some thinking doesn't help you realize how utterly ignorant it is, then I probably can't help you, nor anyone else for that matter. And insulting other people's designs just because you can't argue shows all the more ignorance.