Draug

quality posts: 69 Private Messages Draug

Where's Will Smith when you need him?

The enemy's gate is down.
Writers are people too! (Albeit strange ones.)
Save Poe! Reckon Nevermore! Or he'll be head-locked forevermore!

Draug

quality posts: 69 Private Messages Draug
dirkgently31 wrote:Now, if only we had a Foundation shirt...

+1

Or Ender! Yesh! X3

The enemy's gate is down.
Writers are people too! (Albeit strange ones.)
Save Poe! Reckon Nevermore! Or he'll be head-locked forevermore!

llandar

quality posts: 32 Private Messages llandar
MissJamieD wrote:The boots and the depiction of Law 3 being broken (or more exact, the very provocative way in which the robot is standing against the wall) has allowed me to deduce: This is a female robot!

This shirt is subliminally empowering women's rights (be they human or robotic). I can dig it!

And yet we lament that any empowerment must be subliminal.

DoublEE

quality posts: 8 Private Messages DoublEE
Livinonedge wrote:er...uh...i don't get it

Read the responses from those they do get it...consider yourself lucky.

jcompton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jcompton
SkekTek wrote:Having met and talked to Asimov a long time ago, I am sure he'd approve. He always had a bent sense of humor.

Asimov was dead-set opposed to any derivation of his works that didn't explicitly license from him and give him a ton of money. He was so uptight that he would tell kids that they couldn't put Asimov characters in their basement pen-and-paper RPGs, because it would be an IP violation.

He would be drafting a nastygram this morning, and then writing an editorial about how brilliant he is and how vapid printed T-shirts are.

magawa

quality posts: 1 Private Messages magawa

Hmm... I'd have been in for one except for the fact that the robot is wearing his underwear on the outside of his 'clothes'. Or if he's not wearing any clothes other than the underwear or boots, I still can't buy this shirt. I do not need robot MST3K reruns plastered across my chestal region for my roomba to gawk at...

Jorbex

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Jorbex

Nice Elijah Bailey reference! Asimov's Robot novels are some of my favorite sci-fi books.

dave bug

quality posts: 14 Private Messages dave bug
Aardvarki wrote:Plus, for the third law, he's hiding around a corner? Isn't laying low somehow protecting his own existence? Shouldn't he be charging at the cops, guns blazing? Or jumping off a rooftop to his death?

I'm obviously biased here, but I had the same thought you had. My only twist was that maybe it indicates the laws did, after all, win?

yeawuteva

quality posts: 115 Private Messages yeawuteva

too weird for my taste

encom511

quality posts: 0 Private Messages encom511

I'm reading "Robot Visions" by Asimov right now, so I just had to have this shirt.

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988

Congrats, awesome work!

simmomar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages simmomar

Should get this shirt for Ash - he'd think it was funny. Bishop however is clearly a stalwart defender of the laws (he said so himself), but I still think he'd get the joke.

meh3884

quality posts: 25 Private Messages meh3884

the colour red represents way too much on this shirt

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

kjrehberg

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kjrehberg

Okay, the robot knocks the teeth out of the guy and kills him, then the guy comes back to life to scold the robot, then the robot is running for his life.

I don't get it.

Maparoni

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Maparoni

Dumbest shirt I've seen in awhile.

To date: 14 woots, 23 items wooted!
Im here just to fart around... Maybe I should go back to work... =x

lovemedusa

quality posts: 4 Private Messages lovemedusa

This shirt is awesome! Love the reference, but it also made me think of the song with the lyrics "I fought the law and the law won."

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129

Fun fact: Asimov invented the word "robotics."

Diyara

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Diyara

I LOVE this shirt! The frantic/busy graphics only make it more chaotic, and therefore even more contrary to the robot laws.

Now I just need the money to buy the thing... :'(

bent1980

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bent1980
aoviss wrote:Why do you people think Isaac Asimov corners the market on "The Robotic Laws"?

I hate the shirt, by the way. Its a visual explosion

Because he wrote them you balderee...

bent1980

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bent1980
weasalbalwarrior wrote:If the third law is to protect itself, and the robot is contradicting the laws of robotics, wouldn't it make more sense if the robot was hanging itself or something?

Protect itself as long as doing so does not conflict with the first or second laws. He's hiding from presumably human pursuit and prepared to defend himself with a gun... violation of 1 and 2.

littlemissjoker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages littlemissjoker

I apologise for this in advance as I'm a total noob but can I actually BUY this t-shirt? Please, someone have pity on me and explain! Thanx ^_^

Woliverthedog

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Woliverthedog

Oh man, I would Love another one of these, I have almost worn out the first one! Anyone have an XL ?