jupilberry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jupilberry
arilvdc wrote:this shirt gives me hope that someday, somehow...I too will have a shirt for sale on shirt.woot.com.

I second that! I, too, have renewed hope.

.....which will then be shamed and shunned here.

Senorvandal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Senorvandal
wootvan wrote:Las Vegas odds just out...over/under on this shirt is 286.

I like those odds. I'll take the over... but under 400.

walmazan

quality posts: 65 Private Messages walmazan

Congrats Matt, I'm a huge fan!

Podsixia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Podsixia

I don't think I even remember the last time that a woot shirt wasn't a visual pun. They all are, and I'm mad as hell and I'm not gonna take it!

GitEmSteveDave wrote:Shouldn't this have gone on sale on Punday?

katanamaster

quality posts: 3 Private Messages katanamaster

I've been tempted to get some of the more recent shirts that woot has been having, but I ordered the Valkyrie shirt on the 3rd and I still don't have it. I don't like waiting around this long for a shirt.

But I suppose I could not complain and pay the $5 to ship it, but that $5 could go towards another woot shirt.

Oh the quandaries!

-Expecting something witty?

katanamaster

I don't get all the hate this shirt is getting. Its clever and funny. I def. wouldnt wear the shirt if I had it, but I have seen some way worse shirts out there.

Congrats on getting the shirt printed.

bdsmonkey

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bdsmonkey

I'm totally wearing this to the next burlesque show I go to!

~ Cherry Cheesecake
(Burlesque Performer Extraordinaire!)

cmramirez79

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cmramirez79

This is a good example of why I almost never check this site anymore.

katanamaster

I'm thinking this would be great to wear to a strip club.

wootvan

quality posts: 63 Private Messages wootvan
wootvan wrote:Las Vegas odds just out...over/under on this shirt is 286.

294 over wins

mikenytola

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mikenytola

I hate to think of all the very good shirts that came in 4th place or lower. They didn't get printed over this. Kind of insulting to some designers on here if you ask me. I'm guess everybody should expect one of these in the Random Shirt sale.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
mikenytola wrote:I hate to think of all the very good shirts that came in 4th place or lower. They didn't get printed over this. Kind of insulting to some designers on here if you ask me. I'm guess everybody should expect one of these in the Random Shirt sale.

It is the derby winners, not this shirt, which block out good work from printing. This is no worse than some derby pieces which sell out.

mikenytola

AdderXYU wrote:It is the derby winners, not this shirt, which block out good work from printing. This is no worse than some derby pieces which sell out.

It blocks out others who submit for dailies.

xazothia

quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia
mikenytola wrote:It blocks out others who submit for dailies.

Except that there's not a limited number of dailies.

You might only get 4 in a week, yes, but it's not like Woot isn't capable of putting something on the shelf after they receive it to hold it over for the next week.

AdderXYU

mikenytola wrote:It blocks out others who submit for dailies.

I am all for quality control in dailies, but it takes a lot worse than this for me to be outraged. Stolen photos or art, for instance.

As Xazy said, there is not a limited amount of dailies. When woot takes something like Head Shot, which was hideous, pandering, and didn't have a shred of originality, or something like Dirty Job, which traced spot on a popular deviant art piece AND hands from art on an Iron Maiden CD, or Apesplosion, which was nothing but a live-traced, copyrighted photo... that is a disgrace and offensive to all the people they've declined for dailies. But the fact is, those people would have been declined anyway. It's woot's stupidity to do so, but it's also woot's prerogative, since woot can ALWAYS fit a new daily in, but only has three spots a week for a good derby shirt.

In short, you have once again failed in your quest to be proactive in making people believe you care about the derbies, by having no understanding of what makes the derbies unfair. I still contest I'd rather have 100 shirts like this than one more Sci-Fi Beer shirt, or one more phototrace, or any number of other flaws woot has in its daily selection (this is, for example, not remotely as pointless as Baby Tooth last week, or Nerd Life's retreaded, boring geekpander). But all that is meaningless compared to the fact that the real issue is all the solid work that is ignored weekly from the derby, which will NEVER print, because of the horrible taste and Dr. Clayton Forrester voting patterns here. Daily selection doesn't effect that.

mikenytola

AdderXYU wrote:I am all for quality control in dailies, but it takes a lot worse than this for me to be outraged. Stolen photos or art, for instance.

As Xazy said, there is not a limited amount of dailies. When woot takes something like Head Shot, which was hideous, pandering, and didn't have a shred of originality, or something like Dirty Job, which traced spot on a popular deviant art piece AND hands from art on an Iron Maiden CD, or Apesplosion, which was nothing but a live-traced, copyrighted photo... that is a disgrace and offensive to all the people they've declined for dailies. But the fact is, those people would have been declined anyway. It's woot's stupidity to do so, but it's also woot's prerogative, since woot can ALWAYS fit a new daily in, but only has three spots a week for a good derby shirt.

In short, you have once again failed in your quest to be proactive in making people believe you care about the derbies, by having no understanding of what makes the derbies unfair. I still contest I'd rather have 100 shirts like this than one more Sci-Fi Beer shirt, or one more phototrace, or any number of other flaws woot has in its daily selection (this is, for example, not remotely as pointless as Baby Tooth last week, or Nerd Life's retreaded, boring geekpander). But all that is meaningless compared to the fact that the real issue is all the solid work that is ignored weekly from the derby, which will NEVER print, because of the horrible taste and Dr. Clayton Forrester voting patterns here. Daily selection doesn't effect that.

Yep, you have me all figured out. I was on a quest to save shirt woot only to make people believe me. Oh wait, that's your agenda. Why would I care if people think I do or do not care about the derbies? And the fact alone that I buy shirts, and I want to buy more would insist I do care about the derby's because I want what I like to win, which hasn't been anything lately.

Even when I'm being civil to you, you can't help but have a big attitude and just answer the question... shocker. I'm sorry, I distracted you from crying in the derby threads. Carry on with your quest to destroy all that is evil. It takes you a lot more to be outraged huh? lol Riiiight

AdderXYU

mikenytola wrote:Yep, you have me all figured out. I was on a quest to save shirt woot only to make people believe me. Oh wait, that's your agenda. Why would I care if people think I do or do not care about the derbies? And the fact alone that I buy shirts, and I want to buy more would insist I do care about the derby's because I want what I like to win, which hasn't been anything lately.

Even when I'm being civil to you, you can't help but have a big attitude and just answer the question... shocker. I'm sorry, I distracted you from crying in the derby threads. Carry on with your quest to destroy all that is evil. It takes you a lot more to be outraged huh? lol Riiiight

None of this has anything to do with what I posted. Mostly because if it did, you'd have to admit that this shirt printing doesn't hurt good work even half as much as today's shirt does. Derbies are hurt by derbies. Dailies are hurt by the sorts of things that hurt any art. If this won a derby, it'd be pretty ludicrous (though given this week's fog, I might be rooting for it to print) but as a daily, who cares? It is the derby which needs fixing.

caiterz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages caiterz

Somewhat unrelated, but I was shopping at Goodwill the other day, and I saw this shirt, and im like "HOLY CRAP! Someone other than me uses the internet in this town!"

As our town is full of redneck druggies that don't know how to turn a computer on, much less visit a humor site

I really would have bought this, being a woot shirt, but the innuendo was far too high for my shy self, lol.

http://ompldr.org/vYW9jdw/111003_193210.jpg @ Goodwill ^^

caiterz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages caiterz

Update!

I work at walmart.. and I was folding my fabric like i do.. and i glance over to a customer in the next aisle over... and glance back.

then im thinking "Hmm thats a blue shirt.. with a roundish thing in the middle. That'd be weird if it was that same shameless plug shirt i saw at goodwill"

I look over again.

It is. On some older lady.

Lol.

Maybe this is a sign...

goneferal

quality posts: 19 Private Messages goneferal
caiterz wrote:Update!

I work at walmart.. and I was folding my fabric like i do.. and i glance over to a customer in the next aisle over... and glance back.

then im thinking "Hmm thats a blue shirt.. with a roundish thing in the middle. That'd be weird if it was that same shameless plug shirt i saw at goodwill"

I look over again.

It is. On some older lady.

Lol.

Maybe this is a sign...

Haha. You can't get away from that shirt!