dysti

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dysti
chrisprender wrote:I recently tried one of those springy horse things again. Y'know what? After eight years old, they're actually not that much fun.

i disagree completely. i've found that since passing 15 they've gotten exponentially more entertaining every time i get on.

godslinger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages godslinger

this is navy? looks like black. The navy shirts aren't really that dark.

mossygreen

quality posts: 71 Private Messages mossygreen
girtonman wrote:GAH! This isnt even a nightmare!

Oh, I'm pretty sure it's somebody's nightmare.

I mean, maybe the shirt itself.

KeyserSoze33

quality posts: 3 Private Messages KeyserSoze33

First sucker to throw my money away. It's never too early to do some Halloween shopping, w00t w00t!

KaylaJ

quality posts: 22 Private Messages KaylaJ
chrisprender wrote:I recently tried one of those springy horse things again. Y'know what? After eight years old, they're actually not that much fun.

you should drink more

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
jmmbell1987 wrote:Given that this is Ramyb's 184171th print, I sincerely doubt he cares what woot says about him at this point so long as he keeps getting prints. Hell, I wouldn't care and I'm not even an artist.

He doesn't care what they say in their rules, themes, etc. He doesn't care what the conventions he sells product at have in their rules. So I'm sure he doesn't care about the write-up.

It is pretty comparable, though. Much like Ramy's derby wins, Brown won in Mass because who is gonna go out on a disgusting cold rainy day in the middle of january for an election. But the hardcore zealots who don't care about the country at large but only about getting what they want and blocking actual worthwhile ideas will ALWAYS turn out. So while the majority of Mass is not happy about the outcome, the minority that did vote had a majority that disagreed.

But yeah, as others have said, if woot has an issue, they can man up and change things.

dysti

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dysti

congrats again ramyb. i am broke but love this design and i'm almost obligated to keep my ramyb collection growing.

cuchalainfilms

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cuchalainfilms

Of all the derbies that deserved some awesome, evil, dark, terrifying and monstorous winners, instead we get this hello kitty lunchbox version of nightmares. Thanks woot, I will sleep soundly tonight...

parrotworks

quality posts: 16 Private Messages parrotworks

Since we co-fogged, it definitely qualifies as my nightmare

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

I actually really like the background. It reminds me of the nice sunsets I used to see down in south Texas.

Surprised to see this take 1st actually. Oh well. I'm a have a beer now.

svgarcia415

quality posts: 0 Private Messages svgarcia415

I love the write up. It captures a lot of how I feel about this derby win. I'm looking forward to some more write ups like this in the future.

theoneill555

quality posts: 56 Private Messages theoneill555

On a Pale Horse

That's O'neill with two L's *holds up three fingers*

mpittman17

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mpittman17

Am I the only one surprised the kickass Mario shirt didn't win 1st? Hoping to see it soon...

lollobrigida

quality posts: 7 Private Messages lollobrigida
godslinger wrote:this is navy? looks like black. The navy shirts aren't really that dark.

I was coming to make the same comment. It's either not navy - or my monitor needs to be recalibrated.

Then again, when I click the detail enlargement of the design, I do have odd half-tone remnants showing up along the top right side - and an odd rectangle across the top.

I really hope that's not on the shirt.

rikbitter

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rikbitter

"This shirt tells the world: Democracy is flawed."

Yeah! We could totally get it right every election if it weren't for all those damn voters.

---
Actually, more salty than bitter.

kimvy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kimvy

for whatever reason, the people have spoken and it was "no". cue whining. how tiresome when people whine about the democratic process not going the way they want. at least there was a choice, as compared to other places.

today's writeup is definitely not a B+.

annahennlich

quality posts: 0 Private Messages annahennlich
KaylaJ wrote:you should drink more

agreed... heads over to wine.woot!

RARbuddha

quality posts: 1 Private Messages RARbuddha

if ppl arent happy then they should vote at every opportunity and contact their local woot rep.
i like the shirt, and i like the democratic republic. if rain or dial-up gives you reason to give up your vote, then for shame.

arilvdc

quality posts: 11 Private Messages arilvdc

see woot....I don't really need your shirt when I already have this shirt

same theme, just scarier.

bobwiley

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bobwiley

And I looked, and behold, a pale horse! And its rider’s name was Death, and Hades followed him. And they were given authority over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword and with famine and with pestilence and by wild beasts of the earth. (Revelation 6:8)

Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him.

jenml27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jenml27
kimvy wrote:for whatever reason, the people have spoken and it was "no". cue whining. how tiresome when people whine about the democratic process not going the way they want. at least there was a choice, as compared to other places.

today's writeup is definitely not a B+.

Exactly. In Massachusetts, the people spoke. If others didn't want him, they could have voted. End of story. TONS of people in this country are rejoicing over Brown's win. What a relief.

DCno10

quality posts: 376 Private Messages DCno10
jenml27 wrote:This is strange. What did I ever say about the shirt itself?? My comment was solely about Woot's writing, not the shirt.

woot's writeup is sympathizing with us, the vocal forum people:

"He doesn’t have any sort of Illuminati conspiracy on his side, you can’t for the life of you figure out how he wins, but people respond to what he puts out there, and they vote for him. So you’re forced to endure."

the many complaints here stem from ramy and seki's past proven vote rigging systems and accused such systems here on woot. the people that vote for this junk are not the ones talking on the forums. woot wants us to know that they feel our pain but can't do anything about it in the honoring of the democratic derby.

jenml27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jenml27
DCno10 wrote:woot's writeup is sympathizing with us, the vocal forum people:

"He doesn’t have any sort of Illuminati conspiracy on his side, you can’t for the life of you figure out how he wins, but people respond to what he puts out there, and they vote for him. So you’re forced to endure."

the many complaints here stem from ramy and seki's past proven vote rigging systems and accused such systems here on woot. the people that vote for this junk are not the ones talking on the forums. woot wants us to know that they feel our pain but can't do anything about it in the honoring of the democratic derby.

Yeah, I get all that just fine. I still think that their discussion of the *actual* senate election was not in good taste.

Chiefsfan42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Chiefsfan42

How is this a nightmare? No reference to sleeping at all.

Staxeon

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Staxeon

This on a navy tee? Figured black would have been the obvious choice.

Does that mean the reaper is wearing a navy cloak or is black inked on?

Invisible nap is the best nap of all time!
No man should have that kind of power.

Staxeon

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Staxeon
Johnnya475 wrote:What's on the horses head? A seashell? I'm confused. Otherwise I love it.

Thats just its hair, curly at the end.

Invisible nap is the best nap of all time!
No man should have that kind of power.

bassanimation

jenml27 wrote:Huh? You are just insulting me out of nowhere?

You must be new. Come, sit at my table, have a drink with me. Also, don't try and play any rock and roll..they hate that here..

"Exactly. In Massachusetts, the people spoke. If others didn't want him, they could have voted. End of story. TONS of people in this country are rejoicing over Brown's win. What a relief."

.....actually, nevermind...I was just leaving. >_<;;;;;;;

cavey

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cavey
Disillusioned Anonymous woot! Guy wrote:"This shirt tells the world: Democracy is flawed."

Democracy is not freedom. Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to eat for lunch.

Freedom comes from the recognition of certain rights which may not be taken, not even by a 99% vote. Fundamental rights are acknowledged in the Bill of Rights to the Constitution. Voters and politicians alike would do well to take a look at the rights we each hold, which must never be chipped away by the whim of the majority, no matter be it composed of disgruntled Democrats and/or Republicans (or whatever else).

kimvy

DCno10 wrote:woot's writeup is sympathizing with us, the vocal forum people:

Interesting timing, eh? ;)

Or they could have just said that.

Or if the system is broke, fix it? Not privy to what the issue is (vote rigging?), but there must be a way to not allow that.

If it's just people with bad taste, well, not much can be done about that.

estrus

quality posts: 2 Private Messages estrus

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT MINE MINE MINE

AdderXYU

kimvy wrote:Interesting timing, eh? ;)

Or they could have just said that.

Or if the system is broke, fix it? Not privy to what the issue is (vote rigging?), but there must be a way to not allow that.

If it's just people with bad taste, well, not much can be done about that.

Every other site does something about that. Woot just kvetches and says "waaah, guys, why didn't you vote for this other thing???" and then rakes in the cash happily and forgets THEY HAVE THE POWER to change things.

kimvy

AdderXYU wrote:She supports brown. She's not game for free speech. Or free healthcare. Or free anything human beings deserve, except maybe guns and taxes (but only if they make millions in the first place)

*koff* Do you really believe that health care is free? I'm in Canada and, believe me, it's not free.

Plus, why are you disparaging taxes? That's where your "free" health care is going to come from.

xazothia

quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia
Staxeon wrote:This on a navy tee? Figured black would have been the obvious choice.

Does that mean the reaper is wearing a navy cloak or is black inked on?

The reaper seems to be wearing some kind of dark gray or dark brown cloak, with the navy shirt color used as the dark shading.

kimvy

AdderXYU wrote:Every other site does something about that. Woot just kvetches and says "waaah, guys, why didn't you vote for this other thing???" and then rakes in the cash happily and forgets THEY HAVE THE POWER to change things.

And wooters have the power to NOT buy this person's shirts and take their $$ elsewhere. It's like a bad politician on either side - if no one cares and is happy with the trains running on time, why do anything.

I like death shirts, but after reading a bit about the artist being a cheat, I'll think about it and maybe look into some of the forums. I don't want to give money to cheaters.

If this is the case, educate buyers link to info. If no one buys the shirt, it won't matter if it comes in 1st or 100th.

*off soapbox now*

Fatstrat06

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Fatstrat06
jenml27 wrote:I am really disappointed that Woot would have such an ignorant, bitter description. Really, really disappointed. That was inappropriate and ignorant. I love Woot, but that crossed a line.

Agreed.

AdderXYU

kimvy wrote:*koff* Do you really believe that health care is free? I'm in Canada and, believe me, it's not free.

Plus, why are you disparaging taxes? That's where your "free" health care is going to come from.

I am all for taxes. Because that is EXACTLY where healthcare, and education, and the mail, and any one of a million great things we have in our society, come from. I am against the idea that anyone should be exempt from paying their fair share. That's a common misconception among those of so and so's persuasion. But that's all moot anyway. We won't be getting any health care at all if Brown gets his way.

Nothing is "free", no. But when every other civilized country has better health care than we do for dramatically less out-of-pocket, it is a sin that any human being believes that is not a better way to go than our current 30-or-so place on the healthcare issue

docsbear

quality posts: 3 Private Messages docsbear
chrisprender wrote:Wow, Woot. Well played with the description. Well played, I say.

Here! Here!

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
arilvdc wrote:see woot....I don't really need your shirt when I already have this shirt

same theme, just scarier, and 100 times better.

Fine tuned your post a little.

even if I don't dig the text, it's STILL better.

bassanimation

Internet political discussion = epic nightmare.

quazz4life

quality posts: 0 Private Messages quazz4life

Helllllloooo new desktop image.