miren78


quality posts: 1 Private Messages miren78
yayro wrote:Unfortunately, that's not quite the case. The derby winner gets $1000 regardless of how many shirts sell. Even if no one buys the shirts, if the votes are there in the derby, the payout is there as well.

As for education, start here.



Thanks for posting this link. I'd seen it previously, but I think it's something the average wooter might appreciate knowing. It's a very good response to someone who requested some background information in order to make an informed decision. I know it definitely influenced my opinion.

RaveDroid


quality posts: 15 Private Messages RaveDroid
miren78 wrote:Good luck sir! Once certain people decide that they don't like something that you've said or done at some point in your existence here, you're a target. At least until they find someone else they like less.

Welcome to the internet, land of grudges. Be sure to wear a thick skin, and remember that struggling in quicksand only drives you deeper.



It would help if people would occasionally not just automatically assume that everyone is on here trying to incite dissention; my question was clearly not posed for that purpose. I think that might make the atmosphere a whole lot more enjoyable for everybody.

So now, I'm done lol.

If you can read this, yourᅠbrowser'sᅠCompatibilityᅠsettings
areᅠconfiguredᅠcorrectly.ᅠᅠツ

paulkremer


quality posts: 4 Private Messages paulkremer

Well done Woot. Well done.

This truly was the "Nightmare Derby."

Worst shirt in the fog winning = NIGHTMARE.
Barely on Derby theme as usual = NIGHTMARE.
Same old artist doing the same old thing = NIGHTMARE.
Enough people like this to buy it and sell out = NIGHTMARE.

I couldn't have imagined a worse nightmare for Woot. Well done. But please wake up some time, OK? Please? There's a lot of us who don't want to keep living in this nightmare anymore.

miren78


quality posts: 1 Private Messages miren78
RaveDroid wrote:It would help if people would occasionally not just automatically assume that everyone is on here trying to incite dissention; my question was clearly not posed for that purpose. I think that might make the atmosphere a whole lot more enjoyable for everybody.

So now, I'm done lol.



I agree, but there are plenty of people here that *are* here to stir things up, especially in a ramy thread, and even more so when adder is involved. Regardless of how polite and honest your question was meant to be, it doesn't come across that way to a group of people who are already primed to see hatred. Those are the unfortunate facts of life on a forum, especially one involving a debate that's been smoldering for a very long time.

Least you still have a smile on your face.

edit: It does appear that Adder did take you seriously, as his response was thoughtful and did not involve the word id10t or any of its synonyms. So that's something.

brandonrjackson


quality posts: 0 Private Messages brandonrjackson

so I commented earlier how I like what Woot! did for the write-up (as it showed their extremely intelligent wit) and I bought one of these early this morning (because i liked the chibi-ness of the design and several other elements), so that makes me guilty of sponsoring what, communism and terrorism (that is purely sarcasm, but it was how I felt after reading the first 3 pages of comments, right before I bought the shirt anyway..)

But now that I read the background links, it does seem pretty shady how this artist "may" be doing business.... do i feel bad for the other designs now? yes (and I did not vote for this one - never even noticed it in the derby - i voted for others early on). does it make me like the shirt less? No. does that make me a bad person? i guess the jury is out on that one... but I still eat tuna and I watched the Beijing Olympics, and I have a pair of Nike tennis shoes....

thinkingbox


quality posts: 0 Private Messages thinkingbox
AdderXYU wrote: A well-written post reminiscent of Harlan Ellison meets Denis Leary sans profanity.



Wow, that's more than I expected. You go to one meeting and the comments are two pages ahead of you... I like the fact that somebody rather well-spoken is talking about curb-stomping people; it made me smile, which is probably weird.

Anyway...

You know, my first reaction to reading your post, and especially the part about that being my only argument and never having examined business, was, "Hey buddy, I'm not saying that it's okay to pump out garbage as long as you make a buck!" Then I went back and re-read my post, and I can see how it could be interpreted that way, so let me clarify: I don't think it's okay to pump out garbage as long as you make a buck. See: Pop music, horror movies, Activision. Which could also be a list of things I would love to see up against the wall when the revolution comes. Moving on...

I can't comment about the cheating thing. I don't know anything about it, haven't researched it and and I'm not a lawyer and won't pretend to be, but it sounds like shaky legal ground to begin with. Unless woot has something in their Derby contract about being able to deny winning entries at-will that haven't broken any of their contest rules, I think it would be difficult to deny an individual, not an internet persona, entry into their contest based on alleged activities on another website. But I really want to stray away from that topic in general.

With regard to business and ethics, I agree with most of what you said. I would like to say that I do not believe that woot is only about the money, but as a business they do need to generate positive cashflow to remain in the black. Nor was my argument as basal as "it sells, so it's OK, because this is a business." I only stated that woot is remaining true to their stated business model and goal for the Derby, which is to put a collection of shirts, which woot customers, all of whom need to have purchased at least one product from them in the past as per the rules, will then vote on. I know you obviously don't need the Derby rules explained to you, but I quote that in context of my point, which is that barring any foul play, the system is working exactly as intended. This doesn't mean it's working well, necessarily, as any assertation one way or the other would be mired in subjectivity.

This actually puts me in an awkward position in that I agree with you that they should be constantly striving to better themselves and improve, as well as pushing their contributors to better themselves and improve, but I do not agree that the best way to do that is to put any one or number of people in charge of making decisions on which content is acceptable or not based purely on aesthetics. A lot of people believe that some entries do not conform to the stated rules, or the stated theme, or don't meet certain criteria, but in the end I believe it's woot's job to interpret their own criteria and decide their own intentions. Does this occassionally allow for people who put less time into their work to triumph over people who put more time into their work? No doubt, but just because something didn't require the physical effort or emotional investment doesn't necessarily mean it holds less value to a specific individual. I lot of people like xkcd, myself included, and the guy draws stick figures. Does this make his comic less important than somebody who does elaborate full-color spreads? I don't think it does. The same general concept applies here. Does a lot of Ramy's stuff look very similar? Sure, he sticks to his style. Does it push the bounds of dynamic design and fine artistry? I don't necessarily think so, but who says it has to? Do people like it? Clearly they do, they've voted both in the Derby and with their wallets. Does this mean he's less of an artist than somebody who is always expanding, trying new things and pushing himself beyond his limits? I don't know if it does, and I think we'll disagree in that aspect, which I'm fine with.

Now, to be fair, I'm not on anybody's side. I don't like or dislike Ramy or Seki's designs. They're there, and I've never absolutely had to have one but they've never made me kick a stranger through a window, either. I don't want to come off as telling you that you're a bully and to leave poor Ramy alone. Maybe he knows kung fu or something and would've been fine. However, I do very much respect your point of view, and I agree that any business has a responsibility to be ethical and moral in their execution, but I believe that the only issue that may raise ethical and moral flags is the issue of potential cheating on other sites, which is a hard line to tack for a large business such as woot, since they would need to involve legal departments, probably have a formal investigation, etc. I don't know if they've been given formal evidence of this, but I have seen several people say they've looked in earnest for it and couldn't find any reference to it at all, so I imagine they're just going to let it go. Is that right if, in fact, it really happened? Probably not, but I don't know if there are reasonable means of resolving the situation that won't cause more problems. So I hope you won't see this as a shot at your credibility or anything, I just can't verify any of it myself and wouldn't presume to take sides based on second-hand information.

If you hate his art, I can respect that too. I'm not a huge fan of Jackson Pollock. I can see why it's important, and it's great that people love it, but it's just not for me. I wouldn't call it worthless, because something is only worth the value that any one person assigns to it (and in Pollock's case, they assign quite a bit), but I wouldn't hang one in my house.

AdderXYU wrote:It is not their storefront.



Yeah, I wasn't implying that woot existed as their storefront, I was merely saying that with their own website they would need a storefront, and woot fills that position in a roundabout way right now, like using a phonebook as a makeshift table leg.

xraveneyesx


quality posts: 0 Private Messages xraveneyesx

I LOVE IT!!! sold out??!? THE HECK>?>?>??/ $%!@ I neeeeeeeeed it. I'll buy too!!! COME BAAAAAAAAAAAAAACKKKKK

thespookman


quality posts: 0 Private Messages thespookman

Cute description on Woots part. Too bad its more flawed than democracy. Its a great shirt, and sure it got votes. But the bottom line is it broke the rules by having nothing to do with the topic. Fail on Woots part. I wont be buying this.

VIIIofXIII


quality posts: 0 Private Messages VIIIofXIII
RaveDroid wrote:So now, I'm done lol.



For someone who was the president of some silly honors society and thinks he's some sort of English genius as a result (and that misspellings can be effectively hidden behind "Our Movie Genre it's just obsolete and I'm not actually sure what obsolete means lol!"), you sure do have terrible grammar.

In case you hadn't noticed, you don't need a comma there. I also noticed around page four or five that you are incapable of recognizing when you've created a run-on sentence by using a comma where you need a semicolon; semicolons might be something for you to look into.

Just pointing that out so you won't go through life thinking that your claim to mad grammar skillz is impressing anyone who actually knows anything about grammar or, for that matter, anyone who finds using "lol" as a punctuation mark a little irritating.

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
thinkingbox wrote:Yeah, I wasn't implying that woot existed as their storefront, I was merely saying that with their own website they would need a storefront, and woot fills that position in a roundabout way right now, like using a phonebook as a makeshift table leg.



It isn't that hard to get a storefront. There are plenty of sites that'll set one up for tee fulfillment. But the difference is, when you use a phonebook as a makeshift table leg, you're not preventing Bob's Table Emporium from putting their tables on the market. Ramy and seki DO prevent better, more diverse work from making money. though the table analogy is appropos, if you read the Otakon info people linked elsewhere.

The issue comes down to: looooots of people seem to think that "it sells, it's OK." If I've misinterpreted you, so it goes. It's simply that I should not, nor should anyone, have to be on the defensive about that. It is a horrible way to go about a moral compass. I'd rather jump on it on a misinterpretation than let it slide. It's important to note.

The thing with Pollock or XKCD is that they are their own things. I just this week saw the first Pollock I could appreciate as more than inane splatters (which, woot has its own issues with: it's not like only Ramy and Seki are to blame. They're just the only ones with a legacy of cheating). But Pollock crapped on a canvas, and then people said "BRILLIANT". I'm no fan of that sort of faux-intellectual scaffolding any more than I am of the no-intellectual woot work that wins derbies. But Pollock's success was the Emperor's New Clothes, to me. The only people damaged were the people who blew money on his work, and praised it. I find Warhol to be the true damage-causer of the art world, with his asinine claiming of anything being art. He pretty much paved the way for livetracing and all manner of IP theft, as well as the reveling in mediocrity.

As to XKCD, his stick figures do not effect his true art, which is in his comic itself. So long as the wit is solid, the characters needn't be anything special, because he's selling wit more than art. His words ARE his art. I don't think Vonnegut was much of a doodler, but I think he was a hell of a writer. If XKCD had all the intrigue of the Family Circus, the stick figures would be one more damning evidence of it sucking, but for what it is, it works. Even on a shirt design there, he's selling his comic. A stick figure tee on a site like this (which surprise, Seki got one printed!) is an ugly slap in the face. It's a lack of effort and an ignorant move. It's all about what you're marketing. If you have generic art AND generic concept, you're selling generic. Why anyone would buy that is beyond me, and I don't care to bother to try and respect it.

Of course, a comic strip NEEDS to keep a similar style throughout. That's part of the consistency. But it carries differently on tees, too. You can look at people like Walmazan. He has a definitive style. You can tell his characters. But his concepts tend to be fresh, and more than that, his style is his own. Ramy's style is seki's is fable's is anyone else's if they want to take a shot at it. Even I've pulled off a chibi head. It's not that hard, and it's a style that has been done to death with very little interesting variation. Especially not here. People love harping on other designers for having styles, as if that's the same as what ramyoku do. It's not. There are plenty of designers who do distinctive work but always back it up with new art, skilled execution, and a personal flair, not just the same scaffolding different day. And again, it should be noted that these things come from plenty of sources other than the wonder twins. It's just that only the wonder twins come with undeniable proof of tampering with the systems they profit from.

dreamwootseeker


quality posts: 2 Private Messages dreamwootseeker
VIIIofXIII wrote:For someone who was the president of some silly honors society and thinks he's some sort of English genius as a result (and that misspellings can be effectively hidden behind "Our Movie Genre it's just obsolete and I'm not actually sure what obsolete means lol!"), you sure do have terrible grammar.

In case you hadn't noticed, you don't need a comma there. I also noticed around page four or five that you are incapable of recognizing when you've created a run-on sentence by using a comma where you need a semicolon; semicolons might be something for you to look into.

Just pointing that out so you won't go through life thinking that your claim to mad grammar skillz is impressing anyone who actually knows anything about grammar or, for that matter, anyone who finds using "lol" as a punctuation mark a little irritating.



Spot on! I know it's a bad idea to say what I'm about to say as my first post, lest the community feel I'm always so belligerent, but I've seen people like this RaveDroid fellow on lots of forums, and so can hazard a guess as to this guy too:

He is a 16 year old (at most) who is (somewhat) smarter than his peers, speaks (somewhat) better English than them, and has (somehow) fallen under the impression that he is better than everybody else around it. Characters like that always find forums like these to somehow vindicate their views about themselves.

Evidence:
1. Pointing out someone's grammatical errors (something as mundane as a missing conjunction/preposition, simple error that the best of us will make) to gather a sense of superiority rather than make sense of the content
2. Defending a spelling mistake by increasingly incredible stories about the word's etymology rather than sucking it up and admitting that s/he made a mistake. Seriously, what do you take the rest of us here for to actually fall for that? Primates?
3. Sweeping generalizations about someone being on welfare/being a socialist/being a communist because they just *mentioned* the idea of egalitarianism in some form. You have to be some kind of rich, privileged kid to throw around that much condescension.
4. The flurry of "lol"'s to appear nice and not-offensive when the intention is indeed to BE offensive.
5. The I-bought-10-shirts-but-not-on-this-ID spiel. What really happened? Mommy won't let you use her credit card?
6. Responding to every comment in record time, without saying anything even once that contributes in any measure to the discussion underway.

If you are indeed older than 16, you may have stopped growing up at that point. A little more maturity will go a long way. It's people like you who ruin a lot of forums where most of the people are sensible but are incited into needless battles.

I have no intention of being in a (vacuous if I may add) war of words with you, but this needed to be said.

Now back on topic, I don't know about the allegations of cheating, but this shirt is honestly cancellation and off-topic. Ditto for the Dreamcatcher shirt. Woot should not be about pretty patterns and cutesy-pie designs that have no wit. There are enough places that already do that. If woot loses its USP, I hope someone else takes its place somewhere down the line.

hollywoodxarson


quality posts: 0 Private Messages hollywoodxarson

congradulations! thats a sweet design. Saddly I didn't login fast enough to get one tho.

WitlessProtection


quality posts: 0 Private Messages WitlessProtection

I was just stopping by to say that if I had realized this was on Navy this morning when I first saw it I would have bought it, but wow... just wow...

>backs slowly out of room<

thaigersnake


quality posts: 0 Private Messages thaigersnake

Well, Shirt.Woot, with that write up you put the last nails in the coffin for me and you will no longer get my money.

I did enjoy my shirts and yes you are so witty and funny but I won't support a site that lets this hypocrisy continue.

But I guess Shirt.Woot isn't totally to blame. I mean, these voters and people who buy the same thing week after week after week are just as responsible. You zombies.

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
dreamwootseeker wrote:
Now back on topic, I don't know about the allegations of cheating, but this shirt is honestly cancellation and off-topic. Ditto for the Dreamcatcher shirt. Woot should not be about pretty patterns and cutesy-pie designs that have no wit. There are enough places that already do that. If woot loses its USP, I hope someone else takes its place somewhere down the line.



I agree with pretty much all of this commentary, but it is worth noting that outside of RIPT Apparel, which once printed a dog sniffing another dog's butt, no other site would lower itself to print these two people's scaffolding. Again, similar for most of the most frequent and least interesting winners here. Woot is the only site of its size, prize, and influence that would stoop so low as to allow these jokers to print once with this schlock.

And yet, even knowing this, that there is no other site that would stoop this low, it does not somehow make woot a bastion of fairness. I've said a million times, you won't hire a horrible electrician, no matter how popular they seem to be, if you're smart enough to know their work is horrible. Is that unfair to horrible electricians? Not at all. They should not be allowed to profit off a trade they cannot do to the utmost quality and respectability that they're capable of. The world can never have too much creative, diverse, amazing work. But even one site allowing this sort of generic work to continue existing is a drain on the lifeblood of creativity.

katfin25


quality posts: 1 Private Messages katfin25
Jfusion wrote:The steed which death rides on is probably named Binky



And death himself probably sounds LIKE THIS.

Do you like beer? Then check out
brewlimination.com

Do NOT EVER purchase Bella Terra Cosmetics!

misspiggyfan


quality posts: 0 Private Messages misspiggyfan

No, democracy, in fact, is anything but flawed. It is mind boggling to me to see that you think it is simply because your cause lost. The fact is that the majority of people in Massachusetts disagree with you, plain and simple. How does that make democracy flawed? And because a Republican won does not mean that the majority of people in Massachusetts don't want to overhaul health care. It means that they disagree with the plan on the table.

Also, the majority of people are simply sick and tired of the way Congress is handling virtually everything. We are headed for bankruptcy. How can that be good for the country?

Barbie

Puggsy


quality posts: 3 Private Messages Puggsy

*sees shirt :D
*sees description.. doesn't buy.


I can appreciate good art, not add to it.

ssjbryces


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ssjbryces

So I just noticed that under ramyb's artist description, woot includes a link to imposter. Which is sekiyoku's shirt, not ramyb's. I personally couldn't tell their shirts apart anyway, but I never thought they're seriously considered to be essentially one person. Has woot always paired the two of them?

Just wondering if I should start assuming all seki/ramy shirts are made by both of them. Or by one of them, as the case may be.

cleverconveyence


quality posts: 1 Private Messages cleverconveyence
dreamwootseeker wrote:complete incineration



Damn.

Number of shirt.woots in 08: 23 (not counting randoms and shirts bought for friends)
number of shirt.woots in 09: 2 (same criteria)

ramyb


quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
ssjbryces wrote:So I just noticed that under ramyb's artist description, woot includes a link to imposter. Which is sekiyoku's shirt, not ramyb's. I personally couldn't tell their shirts apart anyway, but I never thought they're seriously considered to be essentially one person. Has woot always paired the two of them?

Just wondering if I should start assuming all seki/ramy shirts are made by both of them. Or by one of them, as the case may be.



imposter is linked because it is a collaboration between the two of us (you can see this in the artist description on the shirt)- it's listed under sekiyoku because she happened to be the one to post it.

narkus


quality posts: 0 Private Messages narkus
misspiggyfan wrote:No, democracy, in fact, is anything but flawed. It is mind boggling to me to see that you think it is simply because your cause lost. The fact is that the majority of people in Massachusetts disagree with you, plain and simple. How does that make democracy flawed? And because a Republican won does not mean that the majority of people in Massachusetts don't want to overhaul health care. It means that they disagree with the plan on the table.

Also, the majority of people are simply sick and tired of the way Congress is handling virtually everything. We are headed for bankruptcy. How can that be good for the country?



i agree. also, supposedly, most of the bill's discussion was going to be televised and transparent. this promise was a lie.

the deals made were unacceptable.

the lack of competition for insurance companies among states and lack of tort reform are unacceptable.

i and various people i know on both political sides were unhappy with the process and the bill itself. something that affects people and our economy with such magnitude needs full scrutiny, open forum, fully explored options, financial feasibility, and a realistic supposition that care and services would be good.

1000+ pages and that was not the case.

health care reform needs to start over from scratch, imho.


AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
misspiggyfan wrote:No, democracy, in fact, is anything but flawed. It is mind boggling to me to see that you think it is simply because your cause lost. The fact is that the majority of people in Massachusetts disagree with you, plain and simple. How does that make democracy flawed? And because a Republican won does not mean that the majority of people in Massachusetts don't want to overhaul health care. It means that they disagree with the plan on the table.

Also, the majority of people are simply sick and tired of the way Congress is handling virtually everything. We are headed for bankruptcy. How can that be good for the country?



Republican opposition to a meaningful plan created the one on the table. No one is a big fan of it. But passing any sort of reform leaves the door open to reforming more meaningfully.

Scott Brown is not in office to reform healthcare, but to kill healthcare reform. It's a dramatic difference, and anyone who claims otherwise is too uneducated for their opinions to be worth anything. People voted against the plan on the table by sending someone to Washington who doesn't want a plan on the table... a representative from the people who were so steadfast against something we as a country need and deserve that they made the plan the bureaucratic nightmare it is. Way to go, guys! If the republican party can block this health care bill, we will simply not see another. Certainly not a better one.

mossygreen


quality posts: 72 Private Messages mossygreen
AdderXYU wrote:

The thing with Pollock or XKCD is that they are their own things. I just this week saw the first Pollock I could appreciate as more than inane splatters (which, woot has its own issues with: it's not like only Ramy and Seki are to blame. They're just the only ones with a legacy of cheating). But Pollock crapped on a canvas, and then people said "BRILLIANT". I'm no fan of that sort of faux-intellectual scaffolding any more than I am of the no-intellectual woot work that wins derbies. But Pollock's success was the Emperor's New Clothes, to me. The only people damaged were the people who blew money on his work, and praised it. I find Warhol to be the true damage-causer of the art world, with his asinine claiming of anything being art. He pretty much paved the way for livetracing and all manner of IP theft, as well as the reveling in mediocrity.



2 (mostly unrelated to current discussion) questions:

What magical Jackson Pollock painting is this that isn't garbage?

Isn't it really Marcel Duchamp who destroyed art? But it was okay because it was him?

Anyway, you could make a good case against Pollock as popularizing stuff that anybody could do, basically, which made Warhol's stuff more palatable. Although Picasso did it first.

Really, it was the Industrial Revolution and then photography that threw Art into disarray, and we are still trying to figure out what is is now and what it means.

Hm. Apparently I want to have an art discussion. This doesn't seem like the proper forum.

lollobrigida


quality posts: 7 Private Messages lollobrigida

Aside from all the political talk being my own personal nightmare to sift through for information, thank you to the person that gave the updated graphic link.

Woot still has the original image linked all over, which makes it look unclean and nearly unfinished.

http://sale.images.woot.com/Behold_a_pale_horse%E2%80%A677lDetail.png - It looks a lot better here.

I hope someone from the Woot staff sees this and at least updates their own information.

jjbnfo


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jjbnfo

what's with all the political stuff? it doesn't look grey (and certainly not black) to me, it looks white. (the color of the horse matches the bones, which would be white.)

It looks like a total funny-rip on Revelations 6:8

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth

A dark horse is when a candidate comes from behind out of nowhere and wins.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/dark_horse

and if it is a dark (e.g. grey) horse, then it's saying death is the dark-horse candidate, which might mean that death strikes from nowhere.

so the shirt doesn't really make sense except to

#1 - be a funny reference to Rev 6:8

or

#2 - say death can get you at any time

(well, maybe #3, to mock death for riding a kiddie horse)

mikenytola


quality posts: 1 Private Messages mikenytola
xazothia wrote:what gives you that impression? it's reading the same now as it did when it first went up, as far as I can see.


The way some people found it offensive for some reason I thought it had said something else. Not sure why anybody would get upset about it imo.

an333d


quality posts: 0 Private Messages an333d

just got mine and its awesome! exactly how i pictured it see myself getting a few good laughs out of this cool t-shirt!

Diyara


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Diyara

EEEE kyoot!!! Must buy ^^
(Hate the cuteness all you want - it sells and it's awesome)

alexanderjd


quality posts: 1 Private Messages alexanderjd
AdderXYU wrote:*snip* anyone who claims otherwise is too uneducated for their opinions to be worth anything. *snip*



Love this argument.. classic adder

"Agree with me, or you are wrong"

This thread is FAR too mired for me to really get involved, but here are a few quick points

1) The tshirt: how can you find this off topic? Death is a common nightmare of people. Undead horses are often called "Night mares." So what if it's done in a cutesey style... that's his style. I don't particularly like it and I won't be purchasing a copy, but to call it off topic is absolutely incorrect.

2) Ramy/Seki: Have been accused of shady dealings on other sites and at conventions, but nothing has ever been proven and (afaik) no action has ever been taken against them. The simple fact is, their submissions keep winning, keep selling out, and keep staying alive on the Reckoning Chart (currently 6 out of the top 20 belong to these two). No amount of Ballot Stuffing will accomplish all those tasks.

3) If you really have a problem with it, do better. If their work is so trite and easy, you'd have made just as many winning entries by now. Anyone who claims otherwise is too untalented for their opinions to be worth anything.

ajsweedl


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ajsweedl
thinkingbox wrote:Yeah, I wasn't implying that woot existed as their storefront, I was merely saying that with their own website they would need a storefront, and woot fills that position in a roundabout way right now, like using a phonebook as a makeshift table leg.



wow. very wordy (the whole comment-not just this part), but well said. The shirt itself I think has too much of a religious reference, but I didn't see it when it was in the derby as I have been ill and not on the computer much at all. I am disappointed no one else thinks so. Rev ch6v8

Nuttykandees


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Nuttykandees

I keep trying to buy this shirt but my order keeps getting denied! Somebody help! I really want this shirt!!!!!!

rachy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rachy

You people are silly. I guarentee that the same people that critique the writing will be right back buying shirts and reading write-ups. And I can also guarentee that if people like a shirt, they will vote for it and buy it, regardless of who submitted it and what was said to describe it.

I have been disappointed in shirt designs and in write-ups. Yet, I still find myself at this website on a daily basis. What can I say, I like shirts and funny descriptions.

jhanafin


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jhanafin
AdderXYU wrote:But the side that just got a bolstering is not for ANY overhaul. They want to kill it where it lies.



You need to brush up on your research, pal, and stop eating what your being fed by Olberman, et al.

"The side that just got a bolstering" has come up a pretty decent overhaul plan. Did you know that? No of course not. Because "the side that just got a bolstering" was completely shut out by "your side." Your side, btw, that promised transparency. (In addition to hope and change.)

Do a little research.

ElectricFuzz


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ElectricFuzz
Gatzby wrote:It will be available here tomorrow for $15.



So the price of all the shirts goes up by $5 after the first day?

nicolecrook


quality posts: 0 Private Messages nicolecrook


It's the mane/hair of the horse....

Johnnya475 wrote:What's on the horses head? A seashell? I'm confused. Otherwise I love it.



rachelwootswii


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rachelwootswii
bobwiley wrote:And I looked, and behold, a pale horse! And its rider’s name was Death, and Hades followed him. And they were given authority over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword and with famine and with pestilence and by wild beasts of the earth. (Revelation 6:8)



Hey Woot...noticed you put "bobwiley quotes [Revelations]". It should be "Revelation", as it is a singular vision that the writer was given.

rachelwootswii


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rachelwootswii
ElectricFuzz wrote:So the price of all the shirts goes up by $5 after the first day?



yep.

raevynpheather


quality posts: 0 Private Messages raevynpheather

Just as a warning. I got mine yesterday and the shirt is darker than it looks in the pic. I still like it, but you cannot see as much detail as I had hoped.

gooberfishbowl


quality posts: 1 Private Messages gooberfishbowl
raevynpheather wrote:Just as a warning. I got mine yesterday and the shirt is darker than it looks in the pic. I still like it, but you cannot see as much detail as I had hoped.



I have to agree I wish the shirt were lighter, or the black ink wasn't so, you know, black. A dark grey would have worked better.