jimlivingston

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jimlivingston
bpr2 wrote:No video game references ae woot?

The rules don't say that, do they?

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
Stexe wrote:Agreed. Although having Link in there near the middle wouldn't through it off as much... even still, WHERE IS THE DOCTOR? He is one of the best known people for having multiple hearts... they mention it like every other episode!

I tried but he has so many forms that it would boil down to just a human form with two hearts. As I said in my derby thread-

"I was trying to think about how to incorporate him but was stuck with the question of which form (he had a pesky habit of changing actors almost every other season) Guess I could've gone with Tom Bakers portrayal since his fro and scarf I think are the most recognizable of the Whos"

A lot of thought went into this shirt actually for all the people dismissing it. I was doing a compare and contrast with this design. This is as much a video game shirt as it is a marine biology shirt or a classic lit shirt. I tried to pull from a wide range of subjects (I was also debating a third and fourth row) I usually put a good amount of detail in my subs but for this to work visually I had to use silhouettes. As far as color, for the hearts to stand out and the figures to be visible (and stay visible after washing) heather worked the best. I didn't intend it to be that way that's just how it worked out

Also I saw the post about no female characters, total oversight, though that squid could be female, care bears could swing either way, robots are non gender (unless you add metal boobs which I never understood), the first person could be a woman with short hair and to my knowledge almost all cos play link costumes are worn by girls, so there you go

tjost

jimlivingston wrote:The rules don't say that, do they?

Bans on different things change from derby to derby so games were ok for this one but they just got ban hammered again for the next derby

Zull

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Zull
tjost wrote:I'm sorry you feel that way, did you check out my other entry for the derby (it's linked in my sig)? What would you have liked to have seen creative wise? Let me know

Sorry, I don't suppose it's that it isn't creative, I just tire of everything relating back to games and internet memes.

But nobody else seems to mind, so I'll Santa Clas Conquers the Martians.

jimlivingston

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jimlivingston
tjost wrote:Bans on different things change from derby to derby so games were ok for this one but they just got ban hammered again for the next derby

Yea I got that. I was being a smart ass. You see, I actually believed him until I read the rules for this derby myself. Something the OP obviously did not do.

Adam7986

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Adam7986
skatimmy737 wrote:Octopi have three hearts? When did this happen!?

That is a squid.

tjost

Zull wrote:Sorry, I don't suppose it's that it isn't creative, I just tire of everything relating back to games and internet memes.

But nobody else seems to mind, so I'll Santa Clas Conquers the Martians.

haha that's ok, can't please everyone I just commented about the game reference up above too.

cason1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cason1

What Robot is that? I recognize that head, um, helmet, headunit, er...

I agree with mother about that hatless, chubby smurf thingie that looks a bit like an Ewok: it may be something else. Winnie the Pooh? Fozzy? A Gummi Bear? Tricky and mysterious!

Of course, it canNOT be a Care Bear because no self-respecting male on this earth is allowed to admit that he knows what the hell THAT is. Bollocks.

redskin92

quality posts: 2 Private Messages redskin92
tjost wrote:I'm sorry you feel that way, did you check out my other entry for the derby (it's linked in my sig)? What would you have liked to have seen creative wise? Let me know

I think this is quite creative.. But the thing is I get shirts that are funny mostly on this site. Whatever it counts, I Love this shirt. good job

A7X for life

Fanglekai

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Fanglekai

I love the color too. I'm a big fan of heather gray and I haven't seen any shirts on here lately with that color. Can't wait for it to get here.

cason1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cason1
cason1 wrote:What Robot is that? I recognize that head, um, helmet, headunit, er...

I agree with mother about that hatless, chubby smurf thingie that looks a bit like an Ewok: it may be something else. Winnie the Pooh? Fozzy? A Gummi Bear? Tricky and mysterious!

Of course, it canNOT be a Care Bear because no self-respecting male on this earth is allowed to admit that he knows what the hell THAT is. Bollocks.

Ok, fine, I bought one for my girlfriend. And for the record, we took a house vote on that chunky sucker: Garfield the cat

bugkat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bugkat

I LOVE this shirt!! I do this thing called singing valentines where we go sing and give a gift to people I can't wait to wear this shirt when we do it!!

Draug

quality posts: 69 Private Messages Draug
tjost wrote:...and to my knowledge almost all cos play link costumes are worn by girls, so there you go

lmao I love you, tjost XD

The enemy's gate is down.
Writers are people too! (Albeit strange ones.)
Save Poe! Reckon Nevermore! Or he'll be head-locked forevermore!

Cyori

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cyori

I like this shirt, but I would rather have one that was JUST Link.

susansabo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages susansabo

wonders what kind of shirt this is? american apparel? hanes beefy tee?

tjost

susansabo wrote:wonders what kind of shirt this is? american apparel? hanes beefy tee?

American Apparel, all woot shirts are AA

sawbones84

quality posts: 7 Private Messages sawbones84

Is anyone else chagrined by the lack of the Weighted Companion Cube on this shirt?

mygazebo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mygazebo

Why all the hate for heather grey? I think it goes well with this design.

Anyway, LOVE this shirt, tjost. In for one!

moonbunnychan

quality posts: 3 Private Messages moonbunnychan
jimlivingston wrote:The rules don't say that, do they?

Actually I did see a no video game rule on this one, but it was exclusively on the Mario Universe, which I found really odd...
Though I actually really hate the ban on game shirts...

RaveDroid

quality posts: 15 Private Messages RaveDroid
moonbunnychan wrote:Actually I did see a no video game rule on this one, but it was exclusively on the Mario Universe, which I found really odd...
Though I actually really hate the ban on game shirts...

Given the guidelines, personally I wouldn't have minded seeing a few more Sonic character entries. hahah.
...Especially considering the announcement of Sonic the Hedgehog 4. Ohhhhh yea!

If you can read this, yourᅠbrowser'sᅠCompatibilityᅠsettings
areᅠconfiguredᅠcorrectly.ᅠᅠツ

tjost

sawbones84 wrote:Is anyone else chagrined by the lack of the Weighted Companion Cube on this shirt?

DOH!

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
cason1 wrote:What Robot is that? I recognize that head, um, helmet, headunit, er...

Everyone knows what a carebear is if they were alive at any time between the early and late 80s. They were everywhere. They had damned movies.

And being that this shirt is all about popular things on a shirt, that should be proof enough.

xazothia

quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia

90% sure it's the robot from Lost In Space.

ktyey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ktyey

Hey is there anyway to purchase another shirt if I bought one and then decided to get another. Now every time i try to buy another it said my account already bought one.

tjost

ktyey wrote:Hey is there anyway to purchase another shirt if I bought one and then decided to get another. Now every time i try to buy another it said my account already bought one.

2 ways, you can wait untill tomorrow and order it then, or if you really need it then you can set up a second account if you have a second payment method (second credit card,paypal account etc) or have a friend or family member set one up and buy it for you

tjost

xazothia wrote:90% sure it's the robot from Lost In Space.

I wasn't using a reference when I drew it and I'm not a robot master like Robbie so I borrowed elements I could remember from several classic robots, lost in space one included.

tjost

AdderXYU wrote:Everyone knows what a carebear is if they were alive at any time between the early and late 80s. They were everywhere. They had damned movies.

And being that this shirt is all about popular things on a shirt, that should be proof enough.

Really? I wasn't aware that there was a new craze in squids, normal people and classic literature. Hot damn I'm a trailblazer ;)

Vwlss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Vwlss

It's always heartbreaking to see the jaded, cooler-than-thou artistes of shirt.woot lamenting sellout (in every sense of the word).

Buck up, lil' campers! Next week's design with that oh-so-clever Alice B. Toklas reference is sure to be more of a hit with the cheap internet t-shirt crowd than one with a widely-recognized geek culture reference on it. Principle always trumps popularity, especially in popularity contests.

By the way, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it looks like you may have dribbled some of your organic soy latte on your silk ascot.

cweichel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cweichel

Love it love it love it!!!

HujoeBigs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HujoeBigs

You know adder, sometimes I wonder if your father wished you were the son of the milkman. Get off your high horse, Im sick and tired of your "creative and diverse" manure you talk about. You realize their are so many non conformists like you out there now that you have conformed into your own little group of anti society.
I go onto your site look at the shirts you say are so creative and then I look at their price points and how they look like shirts from Target or other generic outlets but spend a good deal more for one. THIS IS NOT A FINE ART SHIRT SITE! Just because YOU dont find it creative or diverse doesn't mean the whole community MUST think your way, sure some will and that is their opinion. YOU have a style YOU like but not every one likes the same thing. I honostly think its very creative and I would never of thought of a design like that.
If you believe woot is doing such a scaffolding tastic job of filtering shirts (which are voted on by the community meaning THEY want the shirt) start your own site, thing is though I dont see your site doing nearly as well as woot.com because you will be catering to a very small demographic while woot will still be giving people what they want and turning a nice profit, and FYI if this wasn't about money people should just post their art on to Deviant of a site like it, they are on this site to make money not fine art.
Also I want you to give me atleast 5-10 shirts that were done in the last say... 4 months that have squids as the main design in them, shouldn't be hard if they are as popular as you say but I have yet to see any.
Stick to your blog the people that want your opinion on shirts will go there, you are infamous enough now that people know who you are.

BrickCookies

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BrickCookies
wootasourous wrote:Are those clock hands on the second heart on the top row? I'm not quite sure what they are..

tinman?

Feistees

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Feistees

I like the everybody/thing has feelings theme.

tjost

Feistees wrote:I like the everybody/thing has feelings theme.

Thanks

araver

quality posts: 0 Private Messages araver
sawbones84 wrote:Is anyone else chagrined by the lack of the Weighted Companion Cube on this shirt?

This was not a triumph

sabrina3407

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sabrina3407

anyone get his/her shirt yet?

tjost

sabrina3407 wrote:anyone get his/her shirt yet?

Got mine yesterday, and I'm wearing it right now Turned out nice.

diane47

quality posts: 0 Private Messages diane47

Boo!! Just got the shipping notification and FedEx says it will deliver the 17th!

mommamonster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mommamonster
diane47 wrote:Boo!! Just got the shipping notification and FedEx says it will deliver the 17th!

I got mine 2 days ago and got the shipping message today...don't fret!!!

it's an EWOK, dang it!

tjost

mommamonster wrote:I got mine 2 days ago and got the shipping message today...don't fret!!!

it's an EWOK, dang it!

Haha if you say so Yub Yub

TBjorgen83

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TBjorgen83
wootasourous wrote:Are those clock hands on the second heart on the top row? I'm not quite sure what they are..

It's the Tin Man. He was given a heart clock cause he had no heart.