Mahjongman

quality posts: 18 Private Messages Mahjongman

Great shirt, great style. And skirochester, you should know that you have the dubious honor of turning my Woot icon from red to that nasty brownish-yellow that is Woot's punishment for being somewhat inveterate but not having bought 25 items.

bprusk

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bprusk

I would have called this color "Wonder Red."

tharapat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tharapat
sonny2009 wrote:I have, especially thanks to the kind people who corrected me in this thread.

I edited my original comment, but feel free to continue to laugh at my expense in the quoted text boxes that still display it.

Enjoy!

Yes.

I read further to find that so many people wrote that since I refreshed my screen after hitting reply. I'm not the earth moving nitpicker I thought I was.

yeawuteva

quality posts: 115 Private Messages yeawuteva
bprusk wrote:I would have called this color "Wonder Red."

lol that's funny! give this man a quality post

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx

Congrats Ski! This really looks like it's from the old days, and it's a joke everyone can get which is cool.

lonelypond

quality posts: 408 Private Messages lonelypond

Ha...it's all in the delivery

CapSea

quality posts: 54 Private Messages CapSea

I think I see Jesus in that first slice.

skagasz

quality posts: 3 Private Messages skagasz

Good design... but I still prefer the older "Best Thing Since" shirt

Professional Student... No More!

mboverload

quality posts: 80 Private Messages mboverload

I actually chuckled. Well done.

117 woots and counting, since 2007. Don't ban me, bro!

fimion

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fimion
skagasz wrote:Good design... but I still prefer the older "Best Thing Since" shirt

I like the older one better too. i wear it often!

HoDad

quality posts: 4 Private Messages HoDad
BIGELLOW wrote:It isn't quite as old as the phrase "beating a dead horse" though.

Yeah, that one is "older than dirt".

jessmanch

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jessmanch

You know, as a Baking and Pastry student.. I like my bread unsliced. But this is too awesome to pass up!

NitsuaKun

quality posts: 49 Private Messages NitsuaKun

Get some sliced meat and some sliced cheese, and we are in business!

There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who can read binary and those who can't.

mrohrer

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mrohrer

Sliced bread is overrated. All you're eating is a bunch of chemicals to preserve it and flavorings to hide the chemicals. Unsliced Bread Forever!

Link3220

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Link3220
BIGELLOW wrote:It isn't quite as old as the phrase "beating a dead horse" though.

Lol, snort. Good one.

allstar31

quality posts: 0 Private Messages allstar31

love it!!

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
StargateGamingGeek wrote:This is the artist's best shirt since..... wait, is this his first shirt? Best Shirt Ever then. Congrats on it and it's truly wise message.

Nope, not his first print. He's printed here before, as well as Teefury and Cameesa.

Nice to see another print, ski!

Link3220

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Link3220
Mahjongman wrote:Great shirt, great style. And skirochester, you should know that you have the dubious honor of turning my Woot icon from red to that nasty brownish-yellow that is Woot's punishment for being somewhat inveterate but not having bought 25 items.

Wuh? Huh? Are you saying anyone with 10-24 woots has no backbone? The 2nd biggest English phrase blunder imho. Oh yeah, in for one!

djslack

quality posts: 15 Private Messages djslack
Link3220 wrote:Wuh? Huh? Are you saying anyone with 10-24 woots has no backbone? The 2nd biggest English phrase blunder imho. Oh yeah, in for one!

Oops! Inveterate != invertebrate.

All this grammar talk is making me hungry. Maybe I'll make some toast. Or split-participle soup.

Mahjongman

quality posts: 18 Private Messages Mahjongman
Link3220 wrote:Wuh? Huh? Are you saying anyone with 10-24 woots has no backbone? The 2nd biggest English phrase blunder imho. Oh yeah, in for one!

I'm not sure what you're talking about. Are you referring to my use of the word "inveterate"? The definitions in Dictionary.com seem consistent with my intended use of the word.

jel2301

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jel2301
Februaryxvi wrote:I can't wait to inform people of my bread infatuation on my are chest.

Scathing. I like it.

swiftydunbar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swiftydunbar

i thought this was a good shirt idea...so i bought it like a year ago...on this shirt woot website...

pbailey1980

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pbailey1980

Would have bought it if it didn't go so far as to explain the joke to you with the caption underneath. Near genius. =(

tomcall

quality posts: 102 Private Messages tomcall

This is the best shirt ever, mostly because I CAN'T compare it to sliced bread!

Gnomercy

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Gnomercy
yeawuteva wrote:f.y.i.- (not to split hairs here but) the actual saying is "for all intents and purposes" - that is one of the most commonly misused phrases out there

I have a friend who says "Pacifically" when she means "Specifically" ie: "I pacifically told him not to do that"" I can't laugh in front of her...after, I'm roflcoptering.

And this shirt delivers. In for 1.

krdeford

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krdeford

i like that

ferrariwagon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ferrariwagon
Februaryxvi wrote:I can't wait to inform people of my bread infatuation on my are chest.

LOL. Well played.

sharkync

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sharkync

Man - just had to have one of these. Too good!

cargobroombroom

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cargobroombroom
Roboram wrote:Epic, epic, epic, epic, epic, epic, epic. This totally fits me too, my AIM s/n is FreshSlicedBread.

People still use AIM? I thought that's what g-chat and facebook were for.

cargobroombroom

I don't think the tag line at the bottom of the shirt fits.

How can sliced bread be the best thing since sliced bread?

achickta

quality posts: 4 Private Messages achickta
cargobroombroom wrote:I don't think the tag line at the bottom of the shirt fits.

How can sliced bread be the best thing since sliced bread?

The shirt says sliced bread is better than bread. You might be a bit young but apparently bread use to come only in an unsliced format. This was a pain because slicing it yourself sometimes made it uneven and it didn't toast right.

Reawen

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Reawen

Nice (^_^)

So glad this printed, I've been waiting for it. And am now waiting for it to arrive in the mail.

adriancontreras

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adriancontreras

awesome tee

cargobroombroom

achickta wrote:The shirt says sliced bread is better than bread. You might be a bit young but apparently bread use to come only in an unsliced format. This was a pain because slicing it yourself sometimes made it uneven and it didn't toast right.

No, my age doesn't matter. I understand the joke and it's illustrious heritage. I just read it too fast before posting, thank you.

miniver

quality posts: 0 Private Messages miniver
skagasz wrote:Good design... but I still prefer the older "Best Thing Since" shirt

Yup, my vote (and my money) went for the older shirt.

lola22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lola22

Wow, Woot, I knew the quality of shirt.woot had declined recently, but now you're rewarding re-used themes? The original sliced bread shirt is much more clever than this one, you should have just offered it for sale again.

miniver

quality posts: 0 Private Messages miniver
swiftydunbar wrote:i thought this was a good shirt idea...so i bought it like a year ago...on this shirt woot website...

Definitely the superior shirt (I got mine)!

BootsBoots

quality posts: 36 Private Messages BootsBoots

Congrats, Ski! This one really was extremely well done. And funny too.

Geethatsgr8

quality posts: 29 Private Messages Geethatsgr8

Starting my day with a chuckle because of this shirt. Cute!

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan

Congrats SKIROCHESTER, this was one of my favs for the comp!

Great work and well deserved print!