audient

quality posts: 2 Private Messages audient

I don't know. This whole white bread thing is kinda racist, isn't it?

skirochester

quality posts: 4 Private Messages skirochester

WOOHOO!!! this is the best thing since the one other time I won.

thanks to the 1124 people who helped this one print!!

mamajune52

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mamajune52

I'm liking the color!!

MadamAtom

quality posts: 7 Private Messages MadamAtom
nrarmen wrote:What's better than sliced bread you ask? I say toast.

bluetuba wrote:And what's better than toast? French Toast!

No one beat me to this? Hee!

Yeah, toast!

girardot

quality posts: 5 Private Messages girardot

Where I live now, Switzerland, they don't have sliced bread, I kid you not. They sort of do have sliced bread, but it's an odd specialty item called "US Bread" or "Toast Bread" and it's basically one brand available in the "Ethnic" food section of the grocery store.

Further more and subsequently, they don't have the phrase "Greatest thing since sliced bread." The phrase they use is "The greatest thing since the soup spoon."

11/5/2007 SanDisk Sansa e250 2GB (Rhapsody version, love the player, hate hate hate Rhapsody)
7/17/2007 Zcyber i3 Mini Speaker 2-Pack (work well)
3/6/2007 iRiver AFT100 Mobile FM Transmitter - 2-Pack (they work great)
11/17/2006 RCA Lyra 1GB MP3 player with FM Modulator - Woot Off! (love it)

KIBullhorn

quality posts: 2 Private Messages KIBullhorn
yeawuteva wrote:f.y.i.- (not to split hairs here but) the actual saying is "for all intents and purposes" - that is one of the most commonly misused phrases out there

Thank you! That drives me INSANE!

Reawen

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Reawen
girardot wrote:Where I live now, Switzerland, they don't have sliced bread, I kid you not. They sort of do have sliced bread, but it's an odd specialty item called "US Bread" or "Toast Bread" and it's basically one brand available in the "Ethnic" food section of the grocery store.

Further more and subsequently, they don't have the phrase "Greatest thing since sliced bread." The phrase they use is "The greatest thing since the soup spoon."

That is hysterical.

MissJamieD

quality posts: 44 Private Messages MissJamieD

I'm just going to put it out there: I feel a great deal of mistrust with the t-shirt. In particular, what is that woman (if it is a woman) trying to hide? (S)he is clearly wearing a wig.

simonnep

quality posts: 0 Private Messages simonnep
audient wrote:I don't know. This whole white bread thing is kinda racist, isn't it?

Hahaha. I love this.

indobray

quality posts: 0 Private Messages indobray

I'm in for two!

kuddy53

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kuddy53
swiftydunbar wrote:i thought this was a good shirt idea...so i bought it like a year ago...on this shirt woot website...

I bought this one too last year, its way better than this one. Sorry woot

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ

maybe we can have a sliced bread shirt next year too.

Laureenmt

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Laureenmt
swiftydunbar wrote:i thought this was a good shirt idea...so i bought it like a year ago...on this shirt woot website...

I like the new one much more. Especially "I couldn't believe it!"

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Laureenmt wrote:I like the new one much more. Especially "I couldn't believe it!"

That is because the new one has actual design elements in it. And doesn't look like a mirror image of "ain't no party like a boston party".

That mediocrity and familiarity in the first one is also why most wooters like it more. Which is strange, because I normally see them absolutely leaping at the chance to buy a shirt they just bought weeks, let alone years, ago.

VirusHunter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages VirusHunter

I love this shirt. Best part is the woman with the pearls. So mom-ish. Another awesome part about it is that as the shirt fades, it makes it look more retro.

Mahjongman

quality posts: 18 Private Messages Mahjongman

Congrats on the sellout!!

ke4sfq

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ke4sfq

I'm in for one of these!

Kevin

crowsnest

quality posts: 53 Private Messages crowsnest

nice

@crowsnest531

swiftydunbar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swiftydunbar
AdderXYU wrote:That is because the new one has actual design elements in it. And doesn't look like a mirror image of "ain't no party like a boston party".

That mediocrity and familiarity in the first one is also why most wooters like it more. Which is strange, because I normally see them absolutely leaping at the chance to buy a shirt they just bought weeks, let alone years, ago.

the only resemblance i see is that they are both brown....haha

irockash

quality posts: 3 Private Messages irockash
nrarmen wrote:... "could care less," when used to describe that a person really doesn't care. Maybe I'm missing the sarcasm...

That phrase always baffles me. Good to know it was warranted. I always try to go for "couldn't care less."

Used to blame it on me being a non-native English speaker, but considering I've been here for 20/23 years of my life, I don't think I can get away with it. But then again, I've had to have different phrases explained to me, like the pot calling the kettle black? We have a red kettle!

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
swiftydunbar wrote:the only resemblance i see is that they are both brown....haha

The basic colors... the slogan positioning... the similar-shaped-food-item... yeah, they're totally dissimilar from each other in a mirror. I guess I was totally wrong.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

I am too hopped up on allergy meds to remember if I did this already, but if I haven't...CONGRATS SKI! This is a funny one, great work with the typefaces and textures. I look forward to Make Your Own Luck too :D.

shannonwig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shannonwig

Halarious! Love this shirt! Humor even a girl can wear. In that, I mean, not too nerdy.

Gnomercy

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Gnomercy
shannonwig wrote:Halarious! Love this shirt! Humor even a girl can wear. In that, I mean, not too nerdy.

Ski-Grats on the design it's awesome.

A Slight Rant:
I loved this shirt so much I bought 2, got em today, and apparently at the Woot bakery women have NO cupcakes.

Ticked off cos I ordered one for me and my daughter only to find they are child sized teensy-weensy. Really Woot??? Women's xl is the size of a 12 year old? A man's small is the same size as an XL women's? sigh.

If anyone from Woot reads this, read the sizing chart and see if the men vs women's vs children's sizes make any kind of sense.
Sure we should all check the charts, but honestly most people won't. We know what normal human size we wear. I bet not many women can even order women's sizes cos ya know the cupcake thing...

Anyone needs 2 WXL's, let me know. =(

bethlehemstarr

quality posts: 19 Private Messages bethlehemstarr
Gnomercy wrote:Ski-Grats on the design it's awesome.

A Slight Rant:
I loved this shirt so much I bought 2, got em today, and apparently at the Woot bakery women have NO cupcakes.

Ticked off cos I ordered one for me and my daughter only to find they are child sized teensy-weensy. Really Woot??? Women's xl is the size of a 12 year old? A man's small is the same size as an XL women's? sigh.

If anyone from Woot reads this, read the sizing chart and see if the men vs women's vs children's sizes make any kind of sense.
Sure we should all check the charts, but honestly most people won't. We know what normal human size we wear. I bet not many women can even order women's sizes cos ya know the cupcake thing...

Anyone needs 2 WXL's, let me know. =(

I get the men's mediums now. They actually fit like a t-shirt and allow me to breathe while wearing them. The women's sizes are for pre-pubescent girls, as far as I can tell!

Mahjongman

quality posts: 18 Private Messages Mahjongman

Just got mine, a day early. Looks great!!

walmazan

quality posts: 64 Private Messages walmazan

Hi my friend!, I just want to say, yesterday I saw your shirt in my way to home here in DC, and I feel so proud of you! look amazing!

Just I say to the guy who had it, Nice shirt!

Congrats!

hobbnet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hobbnet

All these comments about purposes are in tents.

mrscat206

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrscat206

My two year old loves this shirt! Every time I wear it he starts shouting "Bread! Bread!" and naming all the letters. I get a lot of compliments from big people too.

gee8648

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gee8648

Woo! I'm from Rochester too!

skirochester

quality posts: 4 Private Messages skirochester

Thanks to everyone who bought this shirt!! Glad you like it Looks like it's about to vanish, but it was fun while it lasted.

ArmyOfQuad

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ArmyOfQuad

This is a really cool design

ArmyOfQuad

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ArmyOfQuad

This is a really cool design.

Gnomercy

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Gnomercy

If anyone needs a WXL I have one never worn.
I wish I had this in 2x mens - I'd love to buy one if it ever gets reprinted.

Still sad because I got wrong sizes to begin with.

jcharlson34

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jcharlson34

I wish this were still around. I remember wanting one at the time, but couldn't afford it. Now that times have changed financially, I wish it were still around so I could nab one...