BensonM

quality posts: 18 Private Messages BensonM
Gil212 wrote:"but has a painting of a naked unicorn on the side!"

...how can a unicorn be naked?

By not wearing clothes.

Free from the moral strictures of our so-called "civilization" (not to mention reality), unicorns don't wear clothes especially often. But even if a clothed unicorn would be altogether more noteworthy than an unclothed one, the latter is nevertheless most definitely naked.

wooters.us FTW!

Big Ogre Cudgels!
2009 Nov 19
2009 May 15

kuriakos

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kuriakos

The only thing that could make this shirt worth buying would be the presence of Conan the Barbarian van art.

mrbutter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrbutter

Really? This shirt is just...ugh.

tomalley6

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tomalley6
jel2301 wrote:Joke? Mistake?

Probably a mistake. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ven_diagram (or just google venn diagram like a good little surfer).

This shirt is way too plain and not very creative. Pass.

kuriakos

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kuriakos
mrbutter wrote:Really? This shirt is just...ugh.

It has the putrid scent of MSPaint all over it.

theWanker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theWanker

Looks way too much like the Mastercard logo. And white shirts are spaghetti sauce magnets.

I love my Ven Vittles woot shirt, so I can appreciate the pun. But this one is not nearly as clever. I'll pass.

chikinn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages chikinn

The explanatory text at the bottom ruins the subtlety.

scabe

quality posts: 1 Private Messages scabe

yep its just smack in the middle..

draigun

quality posts: 29 Private Messages draigun

I think a Scion xB or Honda Element is more well-suited for the central area.

professore

quality posts: 3 Private Messages professore
tomalley6 wrote:Probably a mistake. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ven_diagram (or just google venn diagram like a good little surfer).

I took it to be a joke about VIN numbers.

*not a real professor...

professore

quality posts: 3 Private Messages professore
missmissa07 wrote:Also applies to hummers.

It kinda doesn't, at least for the purposes if this pun. If only there were such thing as an Overcompensation Diagram.

*not a real professor...

trumpy33

quality posts: 14 Private Messages trumpy33

How about a circle for the the thin mustache? It doesn't have to be connected to the circles at all, it could be watching from the bushes or something.

Azraelore

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Azraelore

This shirt tells the world: “You Probably Think This Shirt Is About You. Don’t You? Don’t You? Don’t You?”

No one has pointed out the Nine Inch Nails song reference to starfuckers? Almost makes me want one just for that. Nice Woot. Nice.

GNitro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GNitro
draigun wrote:I think a Scion xB or Honda Element is more well-suited for the central area.

As an xB owner, I completely agree. I would've have bought one then. But this shirt design is really bad. With some great designs left over from other derbies, I can never understand how stuff like this gets printed.

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik

woot has an ongoing, sugary-sweet love affair with puns.

yeawuteva

quality posts: 115 Private Messages yeawuteva

problem with this shirt is it will leave 99 out of a hundred people scratching their heads, then again, some of you may prefer that.

bitserve

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bitserve
fright01 wrote:Why are the words on this shirt? It should be one of those haha i get it or haha what so funny guys?

This.

Azraelore wrote:This shirt tells the world: “You Probably Think This Shirt Is About You. Don’t You? Don’t You? Don’t You?”

No one has pointed out the Nine Inch Nails song reference to starfuckers? Almost makes me want one just for that. Nice Woot. Nice.

That's Carly Simon's "You're So Vain".

emilyb0902

quality posts: 35 Private Messages emilyb0902

Funny concept but I don't like the execution. To me, it looks like someone is trying really hard to explain the joke, or the designer didn't want to bother filling in the diagram.

marleybach

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marleybach
Mahjongman wrote:Shouldn't there be another circle labeled "Creepy"?

I agree - and I feel like this could cut out a lot of the "what about boxcars/scion xb's/elements/smartcars/hearses/other boxy bits?"

and yes, I think vans are far creepier than hearses.

cantstopthesignal

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cantstopthesignal
yeawuteva wrote:problem with this shirt is it will leave 99 out of a hundred people scratching their heads, then again, some of you may prefer that.

Actually, I don't think anyone will be scratching their heads. It's fairly obvious from the all-too-unnecessary text. Without the text, it would be a little more clever.

Once again, woot has to dumb-it-down for the audience.

DrDong

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DrDong

Fail! People like a shirt where the meaning is obscured a little but. Take out the words and it's an ok shirt.

jackmando7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jackmando7
JadenKale wrote:I figure you weren't around for the 'LURKER' tee... or 2/3rds of the anime tees, for that matter.

Soy sauce chasing sushi rolls IMO

riddley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages riddley

This math teacher says this shirt is very funny.

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

THAT'S why my van is purple!

TehCaspia

quality posts: 16 Private Messages TehCaspia
ertolsma wrote:more fun with venn diagrams

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/11/06/funniest-venn-diagrams-th_n_347552.html?slidenumber=t68gFwAm6Sw%3D

I would say not so much funny as mildly offensive, and extremely fakon...it IS the huffington post (not worthy of capitalization)

woot changed my signature...apparently linking my old blog was "advertising"...never thought I'd see anyone give Obama a run for his money on being the nanny state...

ciabelle

quality posts: 16 Private Messages ciabelle
Azraelore wrote:This shirt tells the world: “You Probably Think This Shirt Is About You. Don’t You? Don’t You? Don’t You?”

Hmmm, I thought it was a reference to "You're So Vain" by Carly Simon...

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
jackmando7 wrote:Soy sauce chasing sushi rolls IMO

Nut And Bee's tee wasn't so bad, actually... it could have been much worse.

ducttape36

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ducttape36

i drive a scion xb and i feel almost obligated to get this shirt.

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo

I like venn diagrams

twobits

quality posts: 4 Private Messages twobits

Wow. Not only is the design subpar and lazy, which at times could make for a really good shirt, but the color choice is horrible and clashing.

Multiply these horrible decisions by white, and you've got an idea I love on a shirt I wouldn't wear for free.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots

ilta

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ilta

Well, goodness, if I knew Woot was doing silly Venn Diagram tees, I would have submitted mine two years ago:

phefel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phefel

I bought it because:

1. I get it.
2. I drive a van.

mepatton

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mepatton

I'm not willing to purchase for two reasons:

1.really the explanatory text ruins it
2. the venn diagrams would be placed right over the ta-tas, and even *I* am not that vulgar.

Blackfox19765

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Blackfox19765

I'd enjoy it as a poster. But yuck, white. And those circles are inconveniently placed.

boxjock

quality posts: 3 Private Messages boxjock

I'm just so happy to see the Sammy Johns reference, even though you have to read all the way to the end for it.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

I have wandered into the wrong fanbase ^^;. <--does not get all the math/science tees

Needs moar bunnehs :P

(j/j....kind of...bunnies might actually make this one better, for me at least)

cindyscrazy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cindyscrazy

I grew up in the back of a Chevy van. Seriously, my dad lived in it for a while lol

Course, my dad's had a 6 inch lift kit, big tires, and occasionally ran over smaller cars (by accident, after a drunken party and backing out of the driveway)

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"--from a T-shirt

https://www.etsy.com/shop/cindyscrazyknits?ref=si_shop

bencaro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bencaro

This reminds me of another insightful design I've seen recently.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/peggy/vin-diagram

The pun's a bit better, too.