+ Add a Comment

swedishchef1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swedishchef1

A cross between an antique phrenology diagram, the London underground map and modern art...a roadmap of an addled mind.

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
paigeg wrote:Is that, like, a SARDINE or something he tried first? Ewwww - that IS madness! Lol!

Yes! A sardine, a chicken leg, a sausage and a carrot.

capedcrusader514

quality posts: 1 Private Messages capedcrusader514
paigeg wrote:Sa-weet! I don't tuck, so the length isn't a problem for me. And, well, the focus being lower than usual will give peeps someplace ELSE to look for a change. ;)

people tuck in their tshirts?

as alway nicely done draxxx

odysseyroc

bethlehemstarr wrote:Another wonderful design from you!

Thanks! I'm glad you like it.

drgribb

quality posts: 4 Private Messages drgribb
Re: My best friend

Would that road he's walking on happen to be the "psycho-path"?
lol sorry, couldn't resist

abacuz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages abacuz
Re: no more madness

HAPPY PILL MAKES MY CRAZY GO AWAY !!! ME WANTS SOME !!!

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 128 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
Re: Mass Hysteria

Awwww, I really love this design and I voted for it, but I really don't like that the bottom of the image curves like a big fat belly.

I still really love it though. Good luck!

odysseyroc

capedcrusader514 wrote:she is reported to have said that... ah haaaaaaa.

Thanks everybody, and no i'm not scaling this down. I'm on a mission to make woot print large graphic tees. Theyre just better.

I agree 100%, and this is another great design.

eggshelltiptoe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eggshelltiptoe
bethlehemstarr wrote:I would take it to mean that they absolutely will not print anything resembling Manson. Woot has a pretty strict moral code. Not always in line with what other people would call out, but there are certain things that they'll never go for.

interesting. it'd be nice to have a little more of this information before making a design. any suggestions on what to avoid for the future? I'm still pretty new to this.

hewtab

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hewtab
AdderXYU wrote:When can the pucker be considered "woot lore"? Because seriously, no one is still voting for these things without the "woot lore" aspect coming into play.

Or basically, this shouldn't be in the fog. ever.

We do it for the lulz. At least kenney always follows the derby rules, unlike some other people who usually skyrocket to the fog.

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: Abducted for Life

How DID you do this?? Awesome.

taninniver

quality posts: 0 Private Messages taninniver
Draug wrote:I agree, and woot's daily artists' own attempts haven't been any better.

Tan, this is already my desktop background. :D I hope to have it in shirt form. By the way, any word on Gorgon Love's future as a shirt?

I've been working on making adjustments to Gorgon Love based on the critiques I got when I subbed it here. I was JUST about ready to submit it to Threadless, when today I managed to overwrite the wrong file and undo it all. >_<
Don't worry - I'll get it up there eventually, and you all will be the first to know.

CapSea

quality posts: 54 Private Messages CapSea

eggshelltiptoe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eggshelltiptoe
paigeg wrote:/edit - re: Mad Manson.

Too graphic, celebrity likeness, photo... Or maybe Woot just thought it went too far. I do fully expect to see this for sale at Spencer Gifts some day, tho.

haha, nice to see that the extent of my artistic ability will always have a home at Spencer's.

paigeg

CrescentDebris wrote:I'm really glad you guys like the colors. I got the line-art a little after 3am and finished a little after 9am.

Well, I hope you got a nap in! And yes, the colors are fantastic.

odysseyroc

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
Re: In The Odd Light Of Frankenstein's Lab

I like the concept on this but there's a couple things to point out. First it took me a while to identify the peanut butter and chocolate, then to see the combos that didn't work in the background.

Second is there a reason he's proportioned like a monkey, I can see making him of small stature but I don't get the really short legs and really long arms.

Third, and this is more a style point, why is the tank on the right have shadow banding on the reflective metal parts when the one on the left doesn't, they both look like the same structure to me and I can't see anything that would block light in that pattern around the tank?

I think if you make the chocolate peanut butter a littler larger (as well as the stuff on the back table) fix his proportions (or just shorten his arms, and fix the lighting on the tanks you'll have a really strong piece. Good job though so far

Tanapangarap

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tanapangarap
Re: inksane in the mouse brain

These mice look cool.

Get with The Program.

CapSea

walmazan wrote:The Nutty Nut Cracker!

Thanks CapSea for the title!

Woo! I'm famous! Voted.

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
Re: In The Odd Light Of Frankenstein's Lab

To add to my previous comment, the more I look at it I think you may have too much going on in the background too, maybe loose the tanks altogether, recenter main character and enlage the whole image so details aren't lost.

jesselussier

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jesselussier
KromeHWI wrote:Dont you just hate it when you wake up in the4 middle of the night, and you're just SURE something's watching you?

heh, heh... yeah... we're ALWAYS watching you...

Ninjas?

CapSea

Spiritgreen wrote:Inksane in the brain!

(To be fair to the patient, that's totally a rorschach cat. He doesn't have predator issues just because he sees it. :p)

That's weird because I see my mother.

CapSea

BootsBoots wrote:Honestly, I'm not sure how it would print either, since I've never done a design made up halftones like this, but it's got colors that I like so even if it ended up a horrible mess, at least it would be a aesthetically pleasing mess. And I will have learned my lesson.

Thanks everyone.

If it turns out splotchy, that would only add to the point of the shirt, no?

streetwalkincheetah

quality posts: 1 Private Messages streetwalkincheetah
Re: The Madness Within

Looks like something David Cronenberg might dream up. That's pretty madass. Best of luck.

odysseyroc

tjost wrote:I like the concept on this but there's a couple things to point out. First it took me a while to identify the peanut butter and chocolate, then to see the combos that didn't work in the background.

First, thanks for taking the time to crit this. I just wrapped up an 80 hour work week and wanted to squeeze a design in before my next week of crazy deadlines starts. Hopefully I'll be able to find time to make some adjustments.

I really wanted the gag to be there without hitting you over the head with it. In the end I do think the joke could stand to be more apparent

Second is there a reason he's proportioned like a monkey, I can see making him of small stature but I don't get the really short legs and really long arms.

Just a stylistic choice. I enjoy oddly proportioned cartoons.

Third, and this is more a style point, why is the tank on the right have shadow banding on the reflective metal parts when the one on the left doesn't, they both look like the same structure to me and I can't see anything that would block light in that pattern around the tank?

Deadline fatigue. I just totally spaced out on that. I make the highlights in big blocks and go back in with the local color and add the core shadows. I just neglected to add those.

I think if you make the chocolate peanut butter a littler larger (as well as the stuff on the back table) fix his proportions (or just shorten his arms, and fix the lighting on the tanks you'll have a really strong piece. Good job though so far

To add to my previous comment, the more I look at it I think you may have too much going on in the background too, maybe loose the tanks altogether, recenter main character and enlage the whole image so details aren't lost.

I'll try to do another with less bg elements and a bigger figure and see how that plays.

paigeg

CapSea wrote:That's weird because I see my mother.

Whoa, I see your mother, too. Wild.

paigeg

streetwalkincheetah wrote:Looks like something David Cronenberg might dream up. That's pretty madass. Best of luck.

THAT's it. I knew there was something tickling the back of my mind...

pastorroy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pastorroy
paigeg wrote:Love it, Pastor! But does it all stay within the printable area?

Um, not sure how big the printable area is?

dewittc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dewittc
Re: Madeness

I see Monsters in the ink blots!!!!

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik
Re: The Clockmaker

mhmm....

cool.

streetwalkincheetah

quality posts: 1 Private Messages streetwalkincheetah
Re: Constant Companion

A quality Quixote last week & a Poe this one? Man, I'm really digging this literary bender you've been on lately.

jewelwing

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jewelwing
Re: The Clockmaker

Really really nice. I mean, it always is, but this one is special. I love how the whole thing makes up a clock and the shape fills the shirt so nicely. I also have not bought a cranberry shirt yet, so hopefully...

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik
Re: Crazy Straw

so clever and creative. I love the fact that I have no idea some of your designs are YOUR DESIGNS until I click on the thumbnail.

Truly, you can adapt to just about any style. Really impressive range, Travis.

apeman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages apeman
Re: Mad Hat

Just a hat on dark blue

Thanks for looking! Hope you enjoy!

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Mad Love

Trademark issues

odysseyroc

Re: Mad Hat

The numbers will get this rejected, they count as text.

alrekwolf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alrekwolf
Re: Lunacy

Awww, they're helping her escape!

Love the story and art work involved here.

rossianvance

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rossianvance
dewittc wrote:I see Monsters in the ink blots!!!!

I hid many of them. Thanks for the comment!

kdeuce

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdeuce

hollywoodxarson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hollywoodxarson
Re: Going Bananas

I love your drawing style!