xazothia

quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia
Re: Lunacy

This is beautiful, Tan

It actually reminds me of a short story I read in my Vampires & Werewolves class about this matriarch who lived in a large mansion/castle of some sort surrounded by wolves. She got her lycanthropic powers from drinking the juice of yellow flowers, which I think I'm getting from the color of the wolves' eyes.

I'll try to find the title and author if I can. It's a good story.

creativedv8tion

quality posts: 0 Private Messages creativedv8tion
mjc613 wrote:Todd, no text is allowed this week. Recommend you redo this without the letters

And while he's at it, wait till it's on topic.

sakleehop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sakleehop
Re: ...Through a Glass, Darkly

What do you see when you look into a mirror - yourself or your "other"? Or as Norman Bates said, "We all go a little mad sometimes." Enjoy and thanks for looking.

taninniver

quality posts: 0 Private Messages taninniver
xazothia wrote:This is beautiful, Tan

It actually reminds me of a short story I read in my Vampires & Werewolves class about this matriarch who lived in a large mansion/castle of some sort surrounded by wolves. She got her lycanthropic powers from drinking the juice of yellow flowers, which I think I'm getting from the color of the wolves' eyes.

I'll try to find the title and author if I can. It's a good story.

Ohhh that sounds like my kinda story! How come I never had a Vampires and Werewolves class in school!?

sakleehop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sakleehop
Re: I'm not crazy

No text this week.

Masticator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Masticator
AdderXYU wrote:When can the pucker be considered "woot lore"? Because seriously, no one is still voting for these things without the "woot lore" aspect coming into play.

Or basically, this shouldn't be in the fog. ever.

Do I sense "madness" in this comment? Because it looks like madness to me, which makes this a great entry!

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
odysseyroc wrote:I'll try to do another with less bg elements and a bigger figure and see how that plays.

No prob you do great work and I've watched your little how to videos. It's always neat to see how other artists work. Sorry about the workload I can sympathize, I can't remember a week that I havn't stayed up till 3 working on projects multiple nights. The plus side is that I'm making money but sleep is nice too

tjost

Re: Ghost Ship Dream

I think this is really good, but like your title I'm getting more of a ghost/haunted feel then any connection to madness. Great work as usual though.

xazothia

taninniver wrote:Ohhh that sounds like my kinda story! How come I never had a Vampires and Werewolves class in school!?

I did some googling! The story is called "Wolfland" and it's by Tanith Lee. I also recommend the film "The Company of Wolves" if you're into the twisted Red Riding Hood stuff.

Vampires was definitely the coolest class I had in college. ;)

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
Re: inksane in the mouse brain

The feet look TERRIBLE.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
hewtab wrote:We do it for the lulz.

This is the part I don't quite get, to be honest. Why is it funny to vote for the pucker no matter what it looks like? I could understand voting on ones that are truly well-done, or that do an excellent job of capturing the theme.

But just voting every week for a pucker seems pretty unfair to the other dozens of artists who are working hard to create original art that looks good on a shirt. It's especially vexing to see it fogged when people who worked harder on better designs are deprived of that spotlight- and who knows how high they'd climb if given the chance?

It's cool that kenney likes to make pucker designs. But voting them to the top every week like this is embarrassing. It points out all the things that can go wrong with the voting system- because I refuse to believe that 70+ individual people clicked the "I want one" button. All you guys messing around with extra accounts make the whole site look bad.

Again, nothing against kenney personally. But I really do wish Woot would take the initiative to ban some of the multiple accounts particularly in light of the fact that we watch them get abused every week.

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
tjost wrote:No prob you do great work and I've watched your little how to videos. It's always neat to see how other artists work. Sorry about the workload I can sympathize, I can't remember a week that I havn't stayed up till 3 working on projects multiple nights. The plus side is that I'm making money but sleep is nice too

The curse of freelance work. It started on saturday when I got a call asking if I could take on 11 "easy" pages of a book called Blackest Night. They turned out to be the toughest pages I've colored in a couple of years. That backed my up on my other deadlline, which meant I had to do a weeks worth of work in 2 days. As soon as I finished that, I got a call asking if I could help out with 6 pages of Batman and Robin. Halfway through doing those I got a call asking if I could help with an 8 page online comic for a new Square Enix game. Of course I still have an issue of the WWII comic that I color monthly and I have no idea what the deadline is for that, so I'm sure they'll want it on tuesday. My head is spinning.

DragonCMNDR

quality posts: 3 Private Messages DragonCMNDR
Re: Puppet

Sometimes we're puppets of our madness.

HD Detail: http://bit.ly/9sHqMP

beerski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beerski
jasneko wrote:Thanks hl474. It's called Grass green. I tried to find some posted pics of it.. they look a bit different in each picture.
Pics:here, here,and here

I got one as a random, and it did look rather lime-y to me, but a nice spring-y color. Since where I am it's warming up and things are growing, I had fresh green colors on the mind.

I could still submit another version on another shirt though, if more people think similarly. I was considering white originally, as well as heather gray and kelly green...
and then with color scheme changes baby blue, cranberry, red, lemon, navy and asphalt.
Any suggestions yourself?

This shirt design is totaly awsome! I think that of the colours you listed (see above) that heather grey would be the best. However the design still looks great on this colour green too especialy for spring coming up!

odysseyroc

Re: Ophelia, v2

Even if you don't want to add more detail, this could be really great with better color choices.If you're doing this in photoshop, try playing with the hue/saturation adjustment and color balance.

jakewalczak

quality posts: 8 Private Messages jakewalczak

Woah. I'm rooting for this one to win. I am actually looking forward to this derby! Awesome print regardless

EsaO

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EsaO
sakleehop wrote:No text this week.

Sorry, I thought it meant no "text only" designs.

tjost

Re: Crazy Straw

Great as per usual. You sir are a machine of awesome.

SydneyB

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SydneyB
Re: Crazy Glue

LOL!!!

Stellardig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Stellardig
Drakxxx wrote:Simple and so effective. I love the loose representation of the face, and the ink blots are really cool. Great job.

Thank you Drakxxx that means a lot.

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
Re: The Two Sides of Madness

The idea I had was to represent the ups and downs of madness (essentially mania and depression) in a way that shows them intertwined, where it's difficult to make out where one ends and the other starts. Hope you enjoy the concept and the artwork

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
xazothia wrote:I did some googling! The story is called "Wolfland" and it's by Tanith Lee. I also recommend the film "The Company of Wolves" if you're into the twisted Red Riding Hood stuff.

Vampires was definitely the coolest class I had in college. ;)

O.M.G. Used to love Tanith Lee's stuff. And I think you are the second person to have seen The Company of Wolves (me being the other!). I should try to find a copy...

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
DragonCMNDR wrote:Sometimes we're puppets of our madness.

HD Detail: http://bit.ly/9sHqMP

There goes MegaDeth playing in my head again. And Metallica. At the same time. Very distracting. What?
Oh, nice shirt!

alexskbrown

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alexskbrown
Re: 1 ok 2 ok 3 ok 4 ok

Your stuff is just so awesome. I found your threadless account not to long ago -- I wish I was able to purchase some of those designs.

Draug

quality posts: 69 Private Messages Draug

Aren't those the same butterflies you used for the band names derby? -_-;

The enemy's gate is down.
Writers are people too! (Albeit strange ones.)
Save Poe! Reckon Nevermore! Or he'll be head-locked forevermore!

xazothia

This design is too... murky, for lack of a better word. I understand it's meant to have an ethereal quality, but the various elements are too similar in tone and treatment to be easily picked out at a quick glance. I think it works conceptually as an illustration, but it's not working on a t-shirt for me.

powerslaveintime

quality posts: 0 Private Messages powerslaveintime
Re: Peep Madness

I used 3 of the peeps from my 9 peep halloween entry and added them to the thought bubbles of a new peep driven mad with the unrivaled, crippling fear of dracula peep, zombie peep, and mummy peep. Anybody here who has ever been attacked by an undead or blood-sucking peep totally knows where I'm coming from on this one! ;)

BaldBob007

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BaldBob007
xazothia wrote:This design is too... murky, for lack of a better word. I understand it's meant to have an ethereal quality, but the various elements are too similar in tone and treatment to be easily picked out at a quick glance. I think it works conceptually as an illustration, but it's not working on a t-shirt for me.

I agree. I like parts of this; but as a whole - I don't think it works.

BaldBob007

pastorroy wrote:Um, not sure how big the printable area is?

The design can't come within one inch of the sides of the template.

odysseyroc

xazothia wrote:This design is too... murky, for lack of a better word. I understand it's meant to have an ethereal quality, but the various elements are too similar in tone and treatment to be easily picked out at a quick glance. I think it works conceptually as an illustration, but it's not working on a t-shirt for me.

Agreed. my first thought was that this needed more value changes. Everything is too close is value right now.

TamerlerKA

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TamerlerKA
benjaminleebates wrote:With their glowing red hot eyes and their sugar laden chest, they march onward. Onward to the destruction of all who would cackle as they bite off their heads. All who would incinerate them in vile ovens and descrate their remains in trash bins must pay... Yes, my child, tonight is the march of the gingerbread men. Tonight they march.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0364376/

BaldBob007

Re: Constant Companion

I love the illustration, as usual, but I'm not in love with the color palette yet. I'll keep looking at it...

powerslaveintime

Re: Peep Madness

Oh, and here are a few close-ups of those nightmare-inducing peeps. I warn you - these photos are not for the faint of heart, as they may totally ruin your Easter by causing instant paralysis in the vicinity of peep-containing Easter baskets:

powerslaveintime

Re: Untitled Madness

Very nice brushes - I have just begun experimenting with all kinds of different brush sets, and it has really opened up a whole new world to me!

iaremoron

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iaremoron

the Dali mustache is a nice touch.

rocknsupergurl83

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rocknsupergurl83
keelhaulkate wrote:haha googly eyes!

I hate heather gray, but I might have to make an exception for this one...Any chance of a resub on another color shirt?

My 10 Most Recent Shirt.Woots: Epic Battle; Just a Little Paint; No one left to play with; Calorie Burning; Tar Pit Painting; Otterrifying; A Simple Question of Weight Ratios; Rock, Paper, Dragon; Pup In Training; Fresh Cake

odysseyroc

Re: Mad-Science Brain Shortage!

Great character design!

Stargaziey

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Stargaziey
rocknsupergurl83 wrote:I hate heather gray, but I might have to make an exception for this one...Any chance of a resub on another color shirt?

Don't see why not. :D I actually was thinking orange at first, but changed my mind at the last minute. All the colors seemed fine, but I'd never tried heather & gave it a shot. Any requests?

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Vampire Photo Booth

Thanks so much for your comments everyone. >:-D

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: My best friend

This is really nice Bella... and again, really like the colors you chose.

Vote!