ressamac

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ressamac
paigeg wrote:It looks like a posterized photo: http://www.ivstatic.com/files/et/imagecache/636/files/slides/psycho-645.jpg

It is based on a screenshot but it isn't a posterization. I painted all those little lines in Painter. It is the anathema of pretty though, isn't it?

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2
Re: What Happened?

Damn, where's the love for Cashland today? Two very solid entries and so few votes!

I really like this. It confuses me a little. Did the man wash the black from them and not notice until he walked back to his dog and turned around? Doesn't matter. It made me laugh when I saw it. GMV

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Puppet

Did you know that woot sells children's sizes? Not sure that this will fit the PG-13 rule for that reason

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2
Re: The Two Sides of Madness

I agree that this is too cluttered. It has a LOT going on in there, but unfortunately you just can't make it out easily. I think the splattered background is just so dominant that the focus gets lost.

Archon25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Archon25

From dictionary.com: Madness: 1 : the quality or state of being mad: as a: rage b: insanity c: extreme folly

It's certainly extreme folly, and I think I see some madness in Dracula's eyes as the photo is being taken. Plus, he must have had a few screws loose to go into the photo booth in the first place. :P

Draug

quality posts: 69 Private Messages Draug
Re: Pinkerton

It looks fun but unless there's some reference I'm not understanding I don't see 'madness' here.

The enemy's gate is down.
Writers are people too! (Albeit strange ones.)
Save Poe! Reckon Nevermore! Or he'll be head-locked forevermore!

rocknsupergurl83

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rocknsupergurl83
Stargaziey wrote:Found that some don't care for heather gray so gave this nutty little guy some color.

Original Nutty

Awesome!

My 10 Most Recent Shirt.Woots: Epic Battle; Just a Little Paint; No one left to play with; Calorie Burning; Tar Pit Painting; Otterrifying; A Simple Question of Weight Ratios; Rock, Paper, Dragon; Pup In Training; Fresh Cake

anjulka

quality posts: 5 Private Messages anjulka
Re: In The Odd Light Of Frankenstein's Lab

Well, if you happen to decide to play more with this instead of sleeping, pooping or eating, can you get rid of the skull as well please? I was so focused on the skull that someone else had to point out the peanut butter experiments.

anjulka

Re: In The Odd Light Of Frankenstein's Lab

Oh and pollenator77 wanted me to point out that he's not wearing his safety glasses. It's a very powerful combination, you know. He should be wearing the proper protection :-)

anjulka

Re: Ophelia, v2

This all could have been avoided if she had a sassy "happy" friend. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnvgq8STMGM

dewittc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dewittc
rossianvance wrote:I hid many of them. Thanks for the comment!

I was hoping there really was monsters in there.... if not... maybe I'm a little mad :P

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
icymallard wrote:whats actually going on in this picture??

anyone?

This magenta dude is putting his hands through his eye sockets, out the back of his head. This apparently causes little ghosts to emerge from the holes.

Stellardig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Stellardig
paigeg wrote:How DID you do this?? Awesome.

Thank you!

It took some time to get it to match up and some of it was a mistake that turned out looking really good so I kept it. Let your mind go wild and you can do the same thing too. I know you can.

Thanks Stellardig

jakewild

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jakewild
Re: Railroad Villain MADNESSSSS

Wow, I love you! i would buy this in a heartbeat!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 209 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Archon25 wrote:From dictionary.com: Madness: 1 : the quality or state of being mad: as a: rage b: insanity c: extreme folly

It's certainly extreme folly, and I think I see some madness in Dracula's eyes as the photo is being taken. Plus, he must have had a few screws loose to go into the photo booth in the first place. :P

Precisely. Thanks Archon'!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 209 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Crazy Pills

Really nice, and the orange of the pillbox is perfect.

ashtomorgo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ashtomorgo

i have this preconceived idea that i dont like ramy just from always reading his post, but i think the idea of this shirt is just amazing, and as far as the fact that its looks a little cluttered, isnt that what madness is? madness isnt in perfect order, its all jumbled up, i love the design, only worried about how it will print? oh well, gmv.

Stellardig

whatserface wrote:Oh my god, I just finished a design based off the rorschach inkblot tests. Yours is better though, I won't be submitting mine.

Thank you, but I would like to see your inkblot design. You should not have to submit because of mine. The Madness will kill you.

SUBMIT PLEASE! I would love to see what you came up with. I'll be looking out for it.

Thanks Stellardig

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
mjc613 wrote:Did you know that woot sells children's sizes? Not sure that this will fit the PG-13 rule for that reason

Woot should never have started selling childrens sizes. One might note that the true disgusting derby gristle started once that started.

Even so, though, woot IS NOT A KIDS SHIRT SITE, no matter what the voters might insist on most weeks. Woot's PG-13 rules apply mostly so they don't have horrible frat humor and t-shirt hell level bad-ideas littering their site even more than it's already littered, not because they sell kids shirts. Woot prints as things sell. If they sell one or one thousand kids tees on one design, it's all the same to them.

So while this design isn't really very good, "kid appropriateness" is not really what the PG-13 is all about. It might get the axe anyway, but the kids are so not the reason.

Stellardig

icymallard wrote:i like it yes.

has a Rorschach/joker feel to it

Thank you icymallard!

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
Re: Untitled Madness

Yes! Unprintable smoke and vector circles and birds.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx

Great stuff sir. The faces and movements on the pills are awesome. Also, I really like that we can see the shadow of some more of them inside the bottle.

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
Re: Captain Ahab

This is the best piece you've done by far and your style lends itself well to the way the waves appear. Great Job!

tjost

Re: Blood text

Wow, this is disturbing but really well done

tjost

Re: Ice Cold Brainfreeze

I like this but it's a little stretch for madness. Eskimos have to drink something and it's always cold up there

tjost

Re: Pinkerton

Can I wear this while I'm listening to Weezer? Nice

tjost

Re: The Nutty Nut Cracker!

Shorter hammer is much better, but I think I like Napolean Nut better Great job though.

Stellardig

Re: Crazy Straw

Now that is Funny! LOL Great Job T! GMV

tjost

Re: Run Amuck!

This really reminds me of some Missle Mouse characters by Jake Parker. He actual has a whale like that (click through his stuff it's cool) He's a favorite of mine.

tjost

Re: UFegg

o_O sausage missles!

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 110 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
Re: Blood text

I like this as well! I wish there was a shirt mock-up to go with the image.

tjost

Re: Madness? This is Ratta

Nice detail Jimmy. I like the little moustrap on the cat's sword, not sure how pratical that is but nice

Lagbert

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lagbert
Drakxxx wrote:Nice clean graphic and I really like the steam effect. Also, there is something quite awesome about the the half tea cup on a shirt.

Might it be better higher up on the shirt though?

Thanks!

I've read that the woot printable area starts about 1 inch below the collar. I intended to place the tip of the steam right at the edge of the printable area, but I may have accidentally placed it a little lower than that on the mockup. I'll see if I can move it up a little, and put a new version of the mock up in the thread.

tjost

Re: TheCrazies

Nice clean shapes, maybe it'd make a little more since as a film booth strip, kinda like the vampires insanity in this derby

Stellardig

Really Cool! Great job

tjost

DianaSprinkle wrote:I like this as well! I wish there was a shirt mock-up to go with the image.

Doh I just noticed that too, resub fast dude less you like the rejectionator.

Lagbert

Love the style! Love the concept! Got my vote! This is definitely fog worthy!

tjost

Re: Abducted for Life

I'm smellin a Donnie Darko vibe, am I right, and that little blotch on top looks suspiciously like a bunny, but it's probably all in my head

Lagbert

Can you give us a close up of the half tones?

Woot may reject it if they classify it as gradients or blends.

tjost

I just woke up a little while ago and saw my votes so far. Thanks guys, I'm glad you liked it! I'm on a green shirt kick now. I had 2 in the Luck derby and I'll be darned I'm gonna keep submitting them till I get one printed