Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
Re: Captain Ahab

Nice work. GMV.

bethlehemstarr

quality posts: 19 Private Messages bethlehemstarr
Jestik wrote:DANG! out of the fog again?!!

if this doesn't print, I'm gonna stomp some kittens

There seems to be a remarkably large number of kittens dying, or in danger of dying because of this derby.

That said- this is amazingly wonderful

walmazan

quality posts: 64 Private Messages walmazan
Re: UFegg

haha, its awesome!!!!

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: Pinkerton

Awww, I used to have a little baby ratty I used to call Pinkerton.

All my sentimental whispyness aside, this is really cool. I feel like it's a portrait of myself, hahah. Nice work as always CMDixon. I always know to expect something interesting from you! Very cool!

walmazan

quality posts: 64 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Crazy Pills

Amazing and funny illo, love it!

Great work mate!

Eshto

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Eshto
tjost wrote:This really reminds me of some Missle Mouse characters by Jake Parker. He actual has a whale like that (click through his stuff it's cool) He's a favorite of mine.

Cool thanks for the artist, I'll check him out.

bassanimation

Ah man, this is perfect. Simple to understand, and something we've all felt like takin' before! Sweet, always great work TJost!

jeanerz13

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jeanerz13
Re: Peep Madness

Now don't ask me why...but some reason that main yellow peep makes me think of Jabba the Hutt...

bassanimation

Re: Mad-Science Brain Shortage!

You are the master of awesome character design, Patrick! I would love to have this... I think my brain is actually probably made of cake too... And if it's not..it should be..

bassanimation

Re: Lunacy

Me and my little ratties, alone togther to plot the doom of the earth, buwahaha!

Very striking image design and style .

bassanimation

Re: The Nutty Nut Cracker!

Walz is the texture master!

I must have this shirt..somehow...I must have it.

The little face on the acorn is just precious. You are such a master of making things lively and cute, Walmazan!

bassanimation

Re: My best friend

One of my 'things' is adorable monsters, so this is right up my alley :D. I always love your super cute characters. This is fantastic and a great take on the theme. Very cool, +1!

bethlehemstarr

AdderXYU wrote:Woot should never have started selling childrens sizes. One might note that the true disgusting derby gristle started once that started.

Even so, though, woot IS NOT A KIDS SHIRT SITE, no matter what the voters might insist on most weeks. Woot's PG-13 rules apply mostly so they don't have horrible frat humor and t-shirt hell level bad-ideas littering their site even more than it's already littered, not because they sell kids shirts. Woot prints as things sell. If they sell one or one thousand kids tees on one design, it's all the same to them.

So while this design isn't really very good, "kid appropriateness" is not really what the PG-13 is all about. It might get the axe anyway, but the kids are so not the reason.

I'm disagreeing with you on the kids shirt issue. Obviously, I'm a bit biased here, as I have a kid who I purchase woot shirts for.
I don't tend to buy him gristle though. There are times that I vote for shirts based on the fact that I would buy them for him- but it tends not to be a quality thing, more of a 'style' thing. He can wear a lot more colors than I can, and can pull off the shirts with 'cute creatures' on them better than I can. Plus, I have to wear a uniform every day at work- so I don't have the need for as many t-shirts as him.
I think woot printed just as much gristle before kids sizes became available. The cute crummy stuff was printing and selling annoyingly well before. At least now I see some sort of explanation for it selling.
I do avoid purchasing bloody shirts for my son- but that doesn't necessarily stop my from buying them. In addition to your radishes is my current all time favorite woot shirt. I just bought it for me instead of my child.

I purchased the following in sizes for my son, while some of them are 'cute', overall I think they're extremely 'quality'
Clockwork Dinosaurs
Campfire Tales
Sliced Bread
How the Deer Got His Antlers
The Binge
Willing to Endure Scientific Research
Something I Must Do

(I was going to put in the links for all of these, but I'm just a bit too tired to bother, sorry)

sakleehop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sakleehop

I guess the one sitting on top of the container is Hannipill Lector? LOL!!

bethlehemstarr

Re: In the odd light of frankenstein's lab v3

Voted again.
I like both versions, but I do agree that this is a little easier to see what's going on.
Oh- and I do like the way the mad scientist is oddly proportioned. It just seems to suit the style of the drawing perfectly.

edit: I do miss the 'inside a mad scientist's lab' look that was so apparent in V1. Not a deal breaker by any means... I guess it had to be a trade-off.

LoOke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LoOke
Re: UFegg

Omelets made great... this is really crazy The Strangers (2008). I love it! :D

krazyloon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krazyloon

This is very different from what you usually do. I think I like it... I definitely like the colors.

SnowQueenVT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT

Hi everybody, I am trying to finish a hansel and gretel design tonite
so I havn't had a chance to enjoy everyones entries so far or to thank anybody for the nice comments, I DO thank you!!BE checking you all out later! Love, snowqueenvt

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

sakleehop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sakleehop

Wow Snow wow - this is terrific! Love, love, love the whale and yours is one of the clearest connection to the theme I've seen so far. Ahab's megalomania is clearly on display and is as fascinating as it frightening. GMV for sure Snow!!! Good luck.

cashland

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cashland
Re: 9 mad'cacti

really thanks!

cashland

cmdixon2 wrote:Damn, where's the love for Cashland today? Two very solid entries and so few votes!

I really like this. It confuses me a little. Did the man wash the black from them and not notice until he walked back to his dog and turned around? Doesn't matter. It made me laugh when I saw it. GMV

ahuhuahuhua you've a great sub too.

maybe i've to promote better my work hahahahha

cashland

Re: Pinkerton

nice effect!

honeyeater

quality posts: 0 Private Messages honeyeater
Re: Ophelia, v2

I find this very appealing. It's got a retro style I recognize from the late 1800's maybe? I can't remember exactly when, nor whom. The murals in the old theatre (built 1890) at my university was painted in just this style.

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: MADNESS

Whoa, Pastor, I'm thinkin' you need to spend more time in church! Totally creepy!

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
Re: 9 mad'cacti

This is so strange. I love it.

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
Re: What Happened?

Simple, clean, very funny design. Great work again!

paigeg

Re: embrace your insanity

Another entrant tried this, too, but his/her design is outside the printable area. I think this works better, but maybe you can do a fade of the edges...? Definitely lose the hard window effect. Very nicely drawn - I'd love to see it refined.
One caveat - I haven't researched, but I'd be willing to bet someone else has done a straitjacket tee in the past. That may get you rejected. Don't get discouraged by it though - your skills are definitely there. Just maybe a different subject.

paigeg

Re: Maddening Optical illusion

Ooo I hope not. Don't you just hate it when your nuts get misaligned?

capedcrusader514

quality posts: 1 Private Messages capedcrusader514

love it and while i do love it and you will get a vote i can just not buy another black shirt.

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
tjost wrote:And voted. The highlights you reworked make the idea stand out more and there's less distraction in the background. Great Job.

Thanks for the crit on the first one, it really did help.

LunaVance

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LunaVance
tjost wrote:Nice clean shapes, maybe it'd make a little more since as a film booth strip, kinda like the vampires insanity in this derby

Good call, thanks for the comment! I love your designs!

KaylaJ

quality posts: 22 Private Messages KaylaJ
Re: The Two Sides of Madness

the design on this reminds me of the old shirt what dreams are made of in that it looks busy and interesting, but it may not print so lovely.

InkWiz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages InkWiz
Re: Descent

I am sure I will get it for it being on white... Just felt it looked best on it tho.
Hope you all enjoy.

http://i43.tinypic.com/2mzxpci.jpg/

http://threadless.com/submission/323515/Blue_Books_Of_Sorrow

powerslaveintime

quality posts: 0 Private Messages powerslaveintime
jeanerz13 wrote:Now don't ask me why...but some reason that main yellow peep makes me think of Jabba the Hutt...

Bring me solo and the wookie!

Stellardig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Stellardig
tjost wrote:I'm smellin a Donnie Darko vibe, am I right, and that little blotch on top looks suspiciously like a bunny, but it's probably all in my head

"Donnie Darko vibe" Maybe or Maybe Not...... It's a mystery. As for the inkblot on the top. Well your guess is as good as mine. LOL You like bunnies! well it's a bunny for you. Others may see it differently.

Don't take this message the wrong way. It's in good humor. I just Love designs like this, it makes peoples mind go wild and yours is pretty good.

Thank you for the comment. I hope to hear more from others.

gcrable

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gcrable

Is this a result of your computer crash?
Love it!!! GMV

Stellardig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Stellardig
cmdixon2 wrote:Should I be concerned that I'm seeing an evil clown in the center? Maybe I'm going mad.

It's all on how you look at it. Step away from it and one thing. Get close to it and it's another. You have a Great Imagination! I love it!!!

Thank you for the comment cmdixon2.

paigeg

InkWiz wrote:I am sure I will get it for it being on white... Just felt it looked best on it tho.
Hope you all enjoy.

http://i43.tinypic.com/2mzxpci.jpg/

You had me at "I..."

paigeg

Re: And she seemed so normal...

You just never know what's really going on inside another person...

paigeg

Re: In the odd light of frankenstein's lab v3

I have to admit this rework without the background 'noise' does make the subject pop more. It was some cool stuff, but actually did make things a bit busy. Great resub!