Draug

quality posts: 69 Private Messages Draug
cmdixon2 wrote:I thought the madness in this was obvious just by the imagery, but I can give you my personal view of it. You can think of it as a much darker version of Jewelwing's "cycle of madness." This businessman goes through his life as a drone despite the dangers and pitfalls around him. Mindless, oblivious and ruled by the orders he's given. Madness.

I welcome people to extract their own meaning from it.

Thanks for the comment though...I probably should have just explained it in my first post.

Sorry, I guess I'm not a visual person.

I think he's mad for having his mouth open. Doesn't he know the kinds of bugs that fly around up high where the tightropes are strung?

The enemy's gate is down.
Writers are people too! (Albeit strange ones.)
Save Poe! Reckon Nevermore! Or he'll be head-locked forevermore!

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
DragonCMNDR wrote:
Makes for a very organic feel I think.

HD Detail: http://bit.ly/dqKGFf

It does have an organic feel, and a somewhat calligraphic feel, too. The colors are typical of Asian calligraphy. It makes me want to see some kind of message... Definitely GMV (aren't you glad I'm not white-phobic?).

paigeg

rachelwootswii wrote:picture? or at least really looks like one. might get rejected for that? plus the T might count as text...

Probably. But - lol! Looks like parrotworks is working off a little stress.

paigeg

Re: UFegg

fry me silly this is just the sausage patties! I'm not a huge fan of cartoony shirts. And I'm not really sure what's 'mad' about it. But I don't care! LUV!

paigeg

Re: Captain Ahab

Love your illo, as always, SnowQueen! Just a perfect, and perfectly antique-ish rendering of Ahab's madness. Sadly, I simply can NOT wear a huge white whale over the girls. Still, GMV for the terrific design.
BTW - poor kylemittskus got filtered but good. Moby Not Jane???? C'mon Woot, really! D.I.C.K. It's a real word, ya know?

paigeg

ressamac wrote:It is based on a screenshot but it isn't a posterization. I painted all those little lines in Painter. It is the anathema of pretty though, isn't it?

Certainly is! And good on ya for that kind of patience. Apologies for my assumption.

paigeg

dewittc wrote:I was hoping there really was monsters in there.... if not... maybe I'm a little mad :P

I still don't see them. O thank godz, that must mean I'm OK. lol!

paigeg

Stellardig wrote:Thank you!

It took some time to get it to match up and some of it was a mistake that turned out looking really good so I kept it.

Just fricken awesome. I clearly get the spaceship vibe, and yet it totally looks like a legit inkblot - and wholly symmetrical. Major kudos to you!

Reawen

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Reawen
amesj wrote:I'm loving the Snidely Whiplash vibe here, brings me back to my youth.

my thought exactly! ^_^

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx
Re: Pinkerton

Gorgeous work as usual Chris. I love the character an the colors.

paigeg

ashtomorgo wrote:i think the idea of this shirt is just amazing...

I've reserved comment on this shirt, too, because there is just so much hating going on for ramy and seki. Not that I think it's totally undeserved, but....
Anyhoo, I have to disagree on the 'idea' being amazing. I mean, maybe it is, but it certainly doesn't register with me the way it's described in the post. Madness, probably. But bi-polar? How does a willowy, busty blonde represent a male's manic side? I won't argue it isn't pretty - it is. But I just don't get it.

paigeg

Re: Blood text

Mmmmm, but why are their heads empty?

Stellardig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Stellardig

Great job! You would have to be mad to walk that rope.

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2
Re: Cycle of Madness

Great stuff. Although, he's way too happy in the morning. Stupid mornings. :P

jjhatch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jjhatch
Re: Crazy Pills

I want this shirt. Badly.

My grandpa always used to say "Remember to take your beans!"

And now I know why. :P

hl474

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hl474
Re: Consumed by Music II

Definitely like this color scheme better. GMV

creedishfish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages creedishfish

I hope this wins. Lovin' this shirt

Stellardig

Re: And she seemed so normal...

Great job. Keep up the good work. GMV

hl474

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hl474
jasneko wrote:Thanks hl474. It's called Grass green. I tried to find some posted pics of it.. they look a bit different in each picture.
Pics:here, here,and here

I got one as a random, and it did look rather lime-y to me, but a nice spring-y color. Since where I am it's warming up and things are growing, I had fresh green colors on the mind.

I could still submit another version on another shirt though, if more people think similarly. I was considering white originally, as well as heather gray and kelly green...
and then with color scheme changes baby blue, cranberry, red, lemon, navy and asphalt.
Any suggestions yourself?

No idea what works together. Not an artist by any stretch of the imagination. The greens in the linked photos are much more palatable then the sample shirt though I still voted for the other color scheme.

PS- Coincidentally, currently wearing your Chinese lanterns shirt. Love it.

paigeg

Re: Polarized

While I might agree that politics is inherently 'mad', I'm not sure this is on-topic.

paigeg

Re: Madness? This is Ratta

This is jus tnot getting enough love. Vote, people, vote!

Stellardig

Re: Madly in Love

Madly in Love but torn by the people who made us.

Stellardig

Re: She seemed so nice...

The green is cool. I like it!

bellarific

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bellarific

This is gonna be mighty long, but I wanna say thanks to everyone individually. Thanks, y'all, for leaving me comments! I appreciate them!

capedcrusader514 wrote:Def wear this. Looks good.

Danke.

fishbiscuit5 wrote:You have a wonderful imagination. I would wear the heck out of this shirt!

Thanks so much! I'd like to wear it as well. ^_^

Drakxxx wrote:Hah, this concept is quite insane. I love your monster here, and the colors look great on white.

Yeah, I've tried experimenting with other shirt colors of the year[s], but nothing beats a white shirt. For me. Thanks.

drgribb wrote:Would that road he's walking on happen to be the "psycho-path"?
lol sorry, couldn't resist

I actually repeated this to mom and we both laughed for a good while, so good job! And yes. Psycho path it is. :P

jasneko wrote:This is really nice Bella... and again, really like the colors you chose.

Thanks. I didn't add the blue til the last minute, and I'm glad I did.

cakeninjak wrote:You GMV anyway just from the image, but the story in your post REALLY sold me on this shirt. Kudos!

Ha! I had fun making up a story for him. I think I might do that from now on. Thanks for your vote!

fftkrazee wrote:Love the colors and the texturing. Great job!

Thanks!

MaryAbbie wrote:I'd wear it!

Me too! :D

Foo228 wrote:Sa-weet!

:D

hewtab wrote:yay it's in the fog :D I really want this to print :D

I know! I don't know what's going on! I was in 12th when I went to bed last night!

midnightcat007 wrote:I never before this moment thought "madness" could be depicted in such an adorable manner. But here it is. Super cute!

Aye. Insanity and I are dear old friends. I made it play nice for this derby. ;)

rachelwootswii wrote:when i saw this my first thought was 什么?
so good job. that's what crazy is supposed to do.

Hahaha! Glad to be of service.

Kiriin wrote:(> ")> <( " )> <(" <)

Kirby and I approve.

^_^

bassanimation wrote:One of my 'things' is adorable monsters, so this is right up my alley :D. I always love your super cute characters. This is fantastic and a great take on the theme. Very cool, +1!

Thanks, Bass! I love me some crazy-cute monsters as well.

paigeg

Stellardig wrote:Great job. Keep up the good work. GMV

Thanks, Stellardig. I'm learning. How could I not, with the awesome bunch of artists around here to learn from?

kylemittskus

quality posts: 234 Private Messages kylemittskus
planeshifter2 wrote:No moreso than you.

So... that's a "yes"?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

paigeg

Re: Madly in Love

For cryin' out loud - you are just flinging ink everywhere! I hated this on first sight. Then came back and saw something completely different. Your inkblots are driving me crazy! I thought they were tools to help CURE people???? Lol!
Seriously, if one of your doesn't print, I may need therapy.

theWanker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theWanker
Re: Smiley Insanity

Kind of a silly idea I know. Pretty simple graphic, but the more I tried to add to it the worse it got, so I wound up stripping it back to what I started with. *shrug*

queboy89

quality posts: 0 Private Messages queboy89
Re: Going Bananas

I couldn't help but wonder, wouldn't the monkey just use his feet o help himself?

Bahaha. Too funny.

Stellardig

paigeg wrote:Just fricken awesome. I clearly get the spaceship vibe, and yet it totally looks like a legit inkblot - and wholly symmetrical. Major kudos to you!

What a Great Imagination you got! Keep looking and you'll find much much more. The mind is great huh!

Thank you for your comment paigeg.

gailforce

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gailforce

lovely style, subject matter, and color. i would buy it =]

bellarific

Re: Cycle of Madness

"Hi, so I looked at your flyers for the event, and I think they're great."

"Yeah. I just printed out the rest of them a minute ago. Here they are, 250 flyers waiting to be handed out."

".......there's just one thing....."

"O_o"

"....that I see....."

".....but.....I sent you a proof yesterday and you said it was perfect..."

"Yeah, but that was before I noticed that this black wasn't completely black. It's a little more 'dark gray' than it is 'black'."

"......"

"...and I just think that maybe we should make it TOTALLY black, like night, so that we can be sure that people can read it so they'll come to the event."

"It's black.... or """"dark gray""""... on a WHITE background. People can read this really easily already."

"Yeah, so just go ahead and make that blacker and reprint all these thanks!"

"....*facepalm*...."

Ya know, sometimes I really can't stand clients.

theWanker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theWanker
natefansler wrote:?

this shirt is just crazy.

i laughed though

I really like the style. The problem is it looks like the guy is shooting at the animals, instead of the animals are being shot from the gun.

Maybe if the gun had a magazine filled with mustached animals? Or just try getting rid of the animals?

Stellardig

Re: Going Bananas

How did you find a picture of me!!!! I've been framed, or better yet straight jacket and put on a tee shirt. LOL Great job GMV

bellarific

Re: The Two Sides of Madness

There are a lot of unnecessary graphic elements in here. I feel like it's one of those.....what are those distressed shirts that dudes are always wearing? ...Affliction? Yeah, Affliction.

Anyway, it looks like one of those.

bellarific

Re: UFegg

Oh hell yes. Oh HELL YES. PLEASE PRINT FOR THE LOVE OF SPONGEBOB.

xazothia

quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia
paigeg wrote:How does a willowy, busty blonde represent a male's manic side?

one of the possible effects of mania is an increased libido, and engaging in promiscuous behaviors outside of what would be reasonable or within a person's normal scope of sexuality. to be less Freudian, mania can also involve any kind of euphoric imagination or even hallucination, so a pretty woman isn't that far out of left field.

The butterflies are the part I really don't get, personally.

HoneyBadger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HoneyBadger
Re: Madness Fight!

personally, i think that this shirt deserves to be put on a different color. The shirt color black is almost insulting to the colorful birds! I love this design. and would actually buy it if it was on another shirt color (maybe like orange or cranberry)

Stellardig

paigeg wrote:For cryin' out loud - you are just flinging ink everywhere! I hated this on first sight. Then came back and saw something completely different. Your inkblots are driving me crazy! I thought they were tools to help CURE people???? Lol!
Seriously, if one of your doesn't print, I may need therapy.

LOL! Well you better start looking for a good shrink then and when you do find one give me the info too. Because after this derby we may all need therapy. LOL!!!

Thank you paigeg

sekiyuko

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sekiyuko
DeadFrog wrote:I was actually most inspired by the episode of Jim Henson's The Storyteller about Fearnot.

I still have nightmares about having my throat slit with a spoon.