IncurableHumanist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages IncurableHumanist
Re: Pinkerton

...dang

repoman86

quality posts: 3 Private Messages repoman86
Re: The Madness Within

Someone please explain to me why this isn't in the fog?

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: Belfry Redux

You may be right, though the chicken and that pop of red are terrific. Great save - this is so much more wearable.

theWanker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theWanker

irishflowrpowr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages irishflowrpowr

love it!!! i really hope this wins. i might have to buy one for some...um...family members *cough* parents...

paigeg

SnowQueenVT wrote:Your idea is happier than what is about to happen in this illustration! In the book, Ahab throws the harpoon which has become wrapped around his leg, he gets hauled overboard and endlessly strapprd to the white whale forever....BUt if the Motley crue ship were closeby they could save him, then give him a new obsession....rockn roll!

OM freakin G! Too funnee.

paigeg

juliaL719 wrote:

The problem is that this looks like someone sneezed on the shirt.

I can't stop laughing...

paigeg

MadamAtom wrote:"Bullet in the brainpan, squish." -- River Tam, Serenity

Or insane in the membrain...

paigeg

Altheahelaine wrote:As a friend of someone who is a long time diagnosed manic depressive, I just have to say this...

And also as a friend of a manic depressive, the manic episodes are so much characterized by what I call (insensitively, I suppose)
the crazies. Total ebuillence, gaiety, confidence, colorful and racy clothes, on a mission about something du jour...
This is why I don't get the willowy blonde, especially for a male manic depressive.

paigeg

Lagbert wrote:

Minor quibble: I'm color blind, so at a quick glance that shade of neon green is awfully close to urine yellow.

LOL! If you're colorblind, how do you know what urine yellow is??? I'm just sayin'. And laughing - hard.

paigeg

orzine wrote: how did it shoot up into the fog so suddenly?

I'm not going to accuse anyone of anything, but I was totally shocked to log in this afternoon and see this suddenly in the fog, after hanging down a bit. And it helped to displace a favorite of mine, which doesn't make me terribly happy.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots
Re: Oh gristle

Yay! It's up!

I thought about giving a little explanation about the design here, but then I decided that it's probably better if it doesn't make perfect sense. The theme is "madness" after all.

paigeg

Lagbert wrote:Here's my take on a composition picture

Nice! As I'm looking now I'm thinking another shirt color might work better for some folks, but honestly cannot think which. Fortunately, I LOVE green, even ollive, so this works for me. Hope it works for everyone!

paigeg

cmdixon2 wrote:It makes me sad that my entry knocked this out of the fog.

It's beautifully vibrant and looks amazing on the shirt.

Don't be sad, CMDixon - there's another entry in the fog that really should not be there. Tain't your fault.

anjulka

quality posts: 5 Private Messages anjulka
Re: Elementary madness

This shirt is full of awesomeness. I want it so that I can remember to have fun and play.

indihar

quality posts: 7 Private Messages indihar
Re: In The Odd Light Of Frankenstein's Lab

OK...saw the other version, before seeing this one.

Oh snap...I love the "cyclinders" on this one enough, that they are a "deal-breaker" for me. But I can see where the other one would be preferred (the open space lets you focus more quickly on what he's holding up).

If you decide to "play" with placement on this one...I would suggest cutting out the table/skull/smaller cyclinder, moving the square part of the "computer bank" over to replace them. Then I still have the cyclinder...but you also get the space behind what he's holding up "freed up" so you can see what it is. (I also like the other table, that shows previous failed "experiments")

BootsBoots

quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots
Re: Pigeon Quill

I'd totally wear this.

LavynderHaze

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LavynderHaze

Forget Anitpsychotics and happy pills, these look like a lot more fun!

Stellardig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Stellardig
ya2sabes wrote:Definitely a Watchmen feel on this: love it. GMV

I was not even thinking about that movie when I designed it. Good call though. Thank you

SubBass49

quality posts: 3 Private Messages SubBass49
Re: Madness Unleashed REDUX

My re-done version with a new shirt-comp image (thanks for the advice Lagbert!).

This is still my first ever entry, so I'm still up for whatever advice you experienced woot-shirt designers can give me though, so feel free to drop any advice you may have for a complete and utter newb.

SubBass49

paigeg wrote:Nice! As I'm looking now I'm thinking another shirt color might work better for some folks, but honestly cannot think which. Fortunately, I LOVE green, even ollive, so this works for me. Hope it works for everyone!

Thanks for the advice & feedback everyone. I've done a redux version and submitted it. Hopefully it's much better than this version. Thanks again!!!

Stellardig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Stellardig
BootsBoots wrote:Yay! It's up!

I thought about giving a little explanation about the design here, but then I decided that it's probably better if it doesn't make perfect sense. The theme is "madness" after all.

Nice work Boots!

TobiasAmaranth

quality posts: 26 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth
Re: The Mad Catterpillar's Party

Little Miss Muffet,
Sat on her tuffet,
Drinking a cup of green tea.

A longcat came by,
He loudly said hi,
And suddenly she had to pee. :o

IncurableHumanist wrote:Wow great job, this is awesome
but why didn't you call it the Mad *Cheshire* Catterpillar?

Hmm, I didn't think of that. :3 I was the one who suggested this title by just rambling. XD

Still really happy with how this design turned out. It would make a great rave-dance shirt. Longcat is long.

Support Fablefire: Follow her on -

marzipanapple

quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple
BootsBoots wrote:Yay! It's up!

I almost did the same, but I'm interested to see others to come up with their own theories..

marzipanapple

quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple
Re: Lunacy

Love the use of the shirt color as part of the design. Gorgeous.

ressamac

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ressamac
Re: Captain Ahab

This is beautiful work, SnowQueenVT. Love love love the water.

ressamac

Re: Hello, would you like a balloon?

This is so colorful and fun. GMV.

ressamac

Re: The Mad Catterpillar's Party

Charming rendition. Love the teapots.

ressamac

Re: My best friend

This is one of my favorites of yours, bellarific. Lovable character and great colors as well.

ressamac

msiegy wrote:GMV, would definitely buy this.

Thank you, msiegy!

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx
Re: Oh gristle

Great team up guys! Love the characters and the flow of the design.

Drakxxx

Re: Madness Unleashed REDUX

Looking pretty good! The colors are very interesting. What is inside the skull though?

Drakxxx

Re: The Clockmaker

Thanks for the support guys! Someone messaged me interested in attempting to actually make real wood clock based off this illustration. Now THATS freakin madness!

Ezshrkman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ezshrkman
Re: Loco Luminescence

I re-did my AWESOME "wink wink" angler fish!
Being alone in the dark made him paranoid of even himself.. Poor little dude!
I am open to any feedback… Good or bad..
Thanks

tonitonitone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tonitonitone
you tell me there is nothing underhanded going on here. i dont care how much you need the money. you can never justify rigging the vote, ramyb

This is just plain mean. Are you just upset he has more friends than you?

I thought this was a nice design, and I could tell the elements very clearly (birds, grim reaper, skulls .. ) The colors works, I like the splashes of mixed medias. I voted for this and my vote isn't rigged.

Ezshrkman

Ezshrkman

Re: UFegg

Omelets made great! GMV
Loco Luminescence

SubBass49

Drakxxx wrote:Looking pretty good! The colors are very interesting. What is inside the skull though?

PARANOIA - telescope/helicopter blade/ghostly skeletal teeth in the smoke/CCTV camera

MANIC CREATIVITY - the random & abstract shapes & forms

IRRATIONAL FEAR OF DEATH - The scythe & the sword blade

This design basically started out as a pencil sketch...scanned at 300dpi grayscale...and colorized in photoshop 5. The one thing I don't like about it is the roughness of the pencil lines after scanning. They're not smooth enough for my liking, and I don't know if theres a solution for that in photoshop 5.

Keep in mind, I'm a total newbie here. I understand you're kind of a big-shot within the woot shirt community though, so any advice you might have for me would be really appreciated.

Ezshrkman

Re: The Shiny Red Button!

You’re trying to take My Ice Cream Bar... I've had since i was a CHILD!!!!

GMV... Good old ren and stimpy!
Loco Luminescence

SubBass49

Drakxxx wrote:Thanks for the support guys! Someone messaged me interested in attempting to actually make real wood clock based off this illustration. Now THATS freakin madness!

Woah! Nice.