DJ9975

quality posts: 4 Private Messages DJ9975
Re: Pinkerton

Wonderful! This is just one example why this will be a particularly great derby

mangotrader

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mangotrader
Re: double personalities

hecka creepy! ergo GMV. one thing though, all of the faces seem a bit crazy... how is that multiple?

SnowQueenVT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT
Re: The Lady who Lives in the Woods (resub)

(on the advice (Which is always right!) Of Jessebyah I decided to resub this with a different thumbnail and pull the original entry, but I want to thank Drakxxx, Jessebyah, PaigeG, Tjost, Sakleehop and Marzipanapple for their comments on this design last night and so they do not feel the need to recomment for me, if anyone wants to see their comments, they begin on page 26, 27 and 28 of the thread.) Thanks so much you guys, have a great day, and don't take candy from strangers!!!

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

shirtshark

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shirtshark
Re: UFegg

I think the egg yoke area needs more detail, but I'm voting for it anyways.

SnowQueenVT

Re: 1 ok 2 ok 3 ok 4 ok

Hi Edgar, I love the sweet and happy faces that your characters always have, it makes the artwork so appealing, you show us the most frightening things but with a sweet happy smile that says "hey, it's all good, no worries!"(it's just a hallucnation!) I love your work , it has alot of value , you peek inside and pull out your fears for us to see . To me, that is fearless and brave, that is art.

shirtshark

Re: Taco Jesus

Taco Jesus is one of my favorite Jesuses

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
Re: double personalities

Charcoal shirt + black ink = near invisibility

ex. Nevermore

shirtshark

Strangers in the woods always have the best candy!

SnowQueenVT

shirtshark wrote:Strangers in the woods always have the best candy!

...and if you take that candy, it is sure to be an exciting day!

Chickeninawhat

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Chickeninawhat
Re: Distinguished Wear for the Casual Scientist

With a little more polish this will be an excellent shirt. I love the concept. Keep on it.

Chickeninawhat

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Chickeninawhat
paigeg wrote:No offense to anyone, but why is this still here? If cutting a dog inhalf gets a rejection, so should whacking a cat.

Well the action hasn't occured. Maybe it's just a threat?

Dispite that devils advocate I'm not a fan. Poor taste.

SnowQueenVT

Re: My Little Box

The little girl is wonderful.I love her dress and her face and the little crown on her head. My family was discussing your work last night and I told them that I believe your greatest gift(among others) is the way you depict human beings, every piece of artwork we see has that strong element (the people) which locks us all in and makes us love it.

My husband made me laugh he said, all the x's on your name,he said "I think Drakxxx wants us to pronounce his name Draxssss!' (evil hissing sound,made me laugh.) You're the best, love your work thanks for the two treats for the eyes this week!!

pastorroy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pastorroy
paigeg wrote:LOL! Pastor, you rock! Definitely got my vote (not GMV - the real deal).
Art-wise this is great, just wish it had a bit more pop to better portray the manic character you do. I do love the distressing, but maybe just make the specs more solid...

redid it with a more manic look

albinoapple

quality posts: 2 Private Messages albinoapple
paigeg wrote:And also as a friend of a manic depressive, the manic episodes are so much characterized by what I call (insensitively, I suppose)
the crazies. Total ebuillence, gaiety, confidence, colorful and racy clothes, on a mission about something du jour...
This is why I don't get the willowy blonde, especially for a male manic depressive.

This is what is off to me about the design. Psychology is such an incredibly interesting subject that I can't support a shirt that represents it... wrong.

Mania isn't butterflies and a pretty lady. Someone with mania is overconfident and excited, the dangerous kind of overconfident that alcohol can cause. They have constantly racing, changing thoughts and delusions.

Within mania I too find beauty, but it's hidden within the chaos and madness of it all.

JesseBYAH

quality posts: 5 Private Messages JesseBYAH
SnowQueenVT wrote:(on the advice (Which is always right!) Of Jessebyah I decided to resub this with a different thumbnail and pull the original entry, but I want to thank Drakxxx, Jessebyah, PaigeG, Tjost, Sakleehop and Marzipanapple for their comments on this design last night and so they do not feel the need to recomment for me, if anyone wants to see their comments, they begin on page 26, 27 and 28 of the thread.) Thanks so much you guys, have a great day, and don't take candy from strangers!!!

HAHA "which is always right" thanks hun =) I dont know if my advice is ALWAYS right but I think it's definitely helping this time! You're already getting more attention this morning, which is great =)

I must say again, the trees are just fantastic. The kids' eyes are also really great, they have that "OHMYGOSH CANDY!" shine to them, hahaha. Good luck SnowQueen! You have two really awesome entries this week!

JesseBYAH

Re: Loco Luminescence

I like this =) It's a funny entry but I think this is another case where the thumbnail is doing you more harm than good. I know that you don't want to give too much away with the thumbnail but the fishes' face is the best part, I think part of it should be in the thumbnail.
Either way, nice entry =) made me chuckle, hehe

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx
Re: Vampire Photo Booth

Sorry for the rejection sir. It seems they are quite random sometimes.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Drakxxx wrote:Sorry for the rejection sir. It seems they are quite random sometimes.

I understand the off-topic part of the rejection, but the gradients part is a bit strange. The comp seems to show that they are definitely halftones and are no smaller than what a lot of people are using and printing these days, possibly even larger. A nice illustration nonetheless. Best of luck in the future.

geekygirly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages geekygirly
Re: The Clockmaker

I really love the design on this shirt, but as a girl with *ahem* ample gifts... i think this would just look weird on a female chest, kinda like a frame around each one?

-- it's all about the balance --

Stellardig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Stellardig
fairnymph wrote:YAY! Voted.

You must like the indigo ink color, purple/black. It's an awesome color. Thank you the vote.

Stellardig

Stellardig

JesseBYAH

Re: UFegg

I love how woot filters o.m.g. to omlets made great. It seems fitting for this shirt, even though it's a sunny side up, and not an omlet, haha.

Anywhoo, this shirt is great. I dont know why. but I would wear it =)

JesseBYAH

phild3791 wrote:

"Legbert" Here is the Detail photo. Do you know the rules for halftone, like min size of dots and stuff like that? This is my second derby and the rules seem a little fuzzy. Thanks for the feedback.

OOhhh neat... those are pretty small but still, GMV for effort and my love of Escher :P

Muntoe

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Muntoe
Re: The Two Sides of Madness

I don't really have any feelings about ramyb's designs anymore, I barely even check these derbies because I know what to expect. There's nothing fantastic about this shirt, but there's nothing exceedingly ugly either. Most of the time I just picture his stuff that preteen angst-filled kids from Hot Topic would wear.

Stellardig

Re: It Comes From Within (Resubmission)

That made a difference! The green looks good. Good job!

Hammylink

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hammylink
Re: The Two Sides of Madness

I like the colors. The subtlety of the drawing makes it that much more rewarding when you go in for a closer look. Looks like the same pallete as "birth of the moon", but maybe a little darker.

Vipercom1973

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Vipercom1973
Re: 1 ok 2 ok 3 ok 4 ok

One of the worst I have seen .. stop voting for this.

raevynpheather

quality posts: 0 Private Messages raevynpheather

I want to point out that I voted for this shirt because I would buy it and I think that it is one of only a few in this derby (like most) that is wearable (others include all of Drakxxx's shirts and Jewelwing's Ship).

[Mod: Snipped useless stuff]

Stellardig

Sweet and Madness! I like it, great job on the colors. GMV

JesseBYAH

eHalcyon wrote:Create your own craziness.

Spectacular idea, tg, and excellent execution as usual!

HAHAHA wow I love thinkgeek.com. They have the craziest sh*t! Including super crazy straws! Haha love it.

Great job, Travis. I love straws, especially the crazy ones. Hopefully your kids' $20 straw helped inspire a woot win- that would make it worth it, right? Haha. Good luck, and GMV!

j0naht

quality posts: 0 Private Messages j0naht
Re: The Hills Are Alive

Cool! Reminds me of this

Stellardig

Re: Arachnophobia

Great job on the spider, it looks cool. GMV

dreiarmumig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dreiarmumig

DiamondFace

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DiamondFace
Re: The Mad Catterpillar's Party

I definitely thought pee intead of tea as well when I looked at this shirt. I voted anyway because the design is awesome, but I'll definitely feel weird wearing it.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 207 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Thank you karencov, Draxxx and tgentry!

I'm disappointed of course but the worst thing is I don't know what lesson to take from this, it seems odd that I've been singled out for rejection.

Even the bats on the right edge have a chunky halftone:

Ah well, back to dancing for nickels in the subway.

Stellardig

Re: rich madness

Nicely well put! GMV

gre9del

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gre9del
Stellardig wrote:That made a difference! The green looks good. Good job!

Hey thanks, appreciate it!

DiamondFace

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DiamondFace

ashtomorgo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ashtomorgo
paigeg wrote:I've reserved comment on this shirt, too, because there is just so much hating going on for ramy and seki. Not that I think it's totally undeserved, but....
Anyhoo, I have to disagree on the 'idea' being amazing. I mean, maybe it is, but it certainly doesn't register with me the way it's described in the post. Madness, probably. But bi-polar? How does a willowy, busty blonde represent a male's manic side? I won't argue it isn't pretty - it is. But I just don't get it.

idk if this is what he intended, but for me, i see it as the women representing beauty and life, oppistie of the grim reaper representing darkness and death