fabiofranca

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fabiofranca
yankeebird wrote:Charcoal shirt + black ink = near invisibility

ex. Nevermore

That is an asphalt woot tee with black ink. I've got printed once with woot and my art had thin black cables that came out very well.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Consumed by Music II
SnowQueenVT wrote:I like the blue one ! Rock me Amadeus!

Thanks SnowQueen! And nice reference - that song cracks me up, especially the chorus - so dramatic!:D

Drakxxx wrote:Very cool concept Jasneko! I get a stronger sense of the whole "madness" idea with characters and events from the past, so this one hits a great note with me. Very nice and bold colors as usual.

Thanks Drakxxx! There are so many creative minds from history that were said to be 'mad' (now thought to have had some kind of mental illness). Sir Isaac Newton, Van Gogh, Poe, Beethoven, Rachmaninoff, Satie... the list just goes on and on.
Glad you like the color choices, spent a long time trying to pick the right ones for this resub

fabiofranca

Re: inksane in the mouse brain

too cute for me but a very good illustration.

fabiofranca

Re: Crazy Pills

This is very nice...

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
Re: Consumed by Music II

I like this color combo much better Jas. Good job

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: Nutbots

I don't know, even Adder might get a chuckle out of this. I know I do.

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Vampire Photo Booth

Woot can't do all half tones nor all gradients. It says clearly on the entry form that both are discouraged - for now.

I'm upset that when they rejected this, they left up "ailuraphobia", the woman about to hammer a cat. Disgusting. I would rather have a funny off-topic shirt than an upsetting X-rated-for-violence on-topic shirt.

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
Re: double personalities

This is very disturbing Also the problem with Nevermore is because it's made of text which is a lot of thin lines and people's main complaint is the difficulty of being able to read it because of the low contrast especially after washing and fiberlation occurs on the black ink with the shirt fibers fuzzing the image. If you have large areas printed black on asphalt you will see it so I don't think you'd have a problem in printing this.

bellarific

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bellarific
Re: Blood text

I'm really feeling this design, but I don't understand how it's not gotten the hack yet. Didn't Woot come and clean up since this one has been subbed?

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Pucker gets all Zenyatta Mondatta

Why is everyone up in arms about THIS, when a shirt showing a cat being hacked with a hammer is still getting votes? And what if the voters want a shirt with a pucker on it? At least this isn't showing someone praying to the porcelain princess or hacking animals or any number of things that should not be here!

Admit it, this is a million times better than Jesus with a whip or tacos!!

Ezshrkman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ezshrkman
Re: Madness? This is Ratta

This is awesome! Amazing work! GMV
Loco Luminescence

FearieBlue88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FearieBlue88

why was this one rejected

Heather

Stellardig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Stellardig
WeeNessy wrote:My interpretation of it at first was a "Dream Catcher"!
Then I saw the Bunny and then read all the great posts!

I like the Watchman vibe too
So all in all great color, super design and Wonderful Imagination!! Congrats hope you win, LOL Ps I love Ink Blots, hehheee

Thank you WeeNessy for you comment. I don't think I will win. The best part of it all is the comments I'm getting off this design. Its cool to see and read what everyone thinks of it. I would like to hear more from everyone.

Thanks again!

fabiofranca

tjost wrote:This is very disturbing Also the problem with Nevermore is because it's made of text which is a lot of thin lines and people's main complaint is the difficulty of being able to read it because of the low contrast especially after washing and fiberlation occurs on the black ink with the shirt fibers fuzzing the image. If you have large areas printed black on asphalt you will see it so I don't think you'd have a problem in printing this.

The design is already disturbing so even if it goes discreet with time the tee will still be intereting.

theWanker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theWanker
Re: manic or depressive?

This is an optical illusion I made years ago. I added on the carrot to sort of lighten it up a bit. Before I added the carrot, I found about 70% of people I showed it to saw the face, 30% saw the bunny.

Please post which you see first. I'm curious to see the impact of the carrot.

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx

I saw the face, and then got confused about the carrot until I read your comment! Now I see the rabbit eating the carrot.

fabiofranca

Re: Crazy Straw

Haha! What kind of liquid would it be inside the crazy straw?!

Stellardig

Holly Blood Splatter BatMan!!!!!!!! That is just WRONG!!!!!!!! This should not have been rejected.

Drakxxx

Re: My Little Box

Thanks for all the support in this contest everyone. You guys are great.

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg

Since I read your comment first, I immediately saw the bunny and had to look for the carrot. So it kinda voids the experiment. I'd lose the carrot and go with the illusion as-is. Besides, you know the 'no bunnies' rules! Ditching the carrot will hopefully avoid the ban. Cause this is cool!

zreb20

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zreb20
Re: Lunacy

It's an interesting design, and I like the way the prisoner's hand is outstretched to pet the shadow...

But the person seems to be in a weird position... sitting? standing? halfway in between? The proportions just look a bit confusing in the thigh/waist area. I'm no expert, but it kinda put me off the shirt. Maybe I just don't get it.

Stellardig

That is so COOL! Great work! GMV

odysseyroc

quality posts: 32 Private Messages odysseyroc

I like that you sort of went against your regular color tendencies here and used a few saturated colors.

Drakxxx

Re: double personalities

Love the faces and the overall linework. It's creepy and elegant at the same time.

Also, heavy black lines like this should show up fine on asphalt.

Stellardig

I saw the bunny first because of the carrot. Then the face.

jackmando7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jackmando7

strange

Hammylink

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hammylink
Re: My best friend

I like how decapitation is right in the middle there.

Hammylink

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hammylink
Re: The Madness Within

Reminds me of when all the junk was pouring out of the river spirit in Spirited Away.

johncreillyphile

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johncreillyphile
Re: The Two Sides of Madness

Is this on black or navy?

MaliceKaiser

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MaliceKaiser

Hmmm, I'm torn in half on this one! I like it, but I mostly like the silhouette of the tree, not so much the girl in the chair. I guess I like it but not in a way that I'd wear it. Good job though!

johncreillyphile

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johncreillyphile
Re: Pinkerton

Is this navy or black? My computer screen (or my eyes) must be messed up. This is the second time I've asked this about a shirt in this derby.

theWanker

Stellardig wrote:That is so COOL! Great work! GMV

Thanks! I think your inkblot design got me thinking about this drawing again.

theWanker

paigeg wrote:Since I read your comment first, I immediately saw the bunny and had to look for the carrot. So it kinda voids the experiment. I'd lose the carrot and go with the illusion as-is. Besides, you know the 'no bunnies' rules! Ditching the carrot will hopefully avoid the ban. Cause this is cool!

Ha! I forgot about the ban. Well, it's a chance I have to take.

I'm kind of curious about what others think. I like it with the carrot, but I've had this drawing around for (literally) a decade, and it may just be that the carrot freshens it up for me.

Should the carrot stay or go?

CutieMcPretty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CutieMcPretty
Re: Pucker gets all Zenyatta Mondatta

That's what madness looks like. You can't tell what is going on. I think you bowed down to the comments of others.

JesseBYAH

quality posts: 5 Private Messages JesseBYAH
SnowQueenVT wrote:Listen everyone...always take Jesse's advice or you will rue the day,YOU"LL RUE IT!

Jessebyah=always RIGHT!! So .....as Spock said to Mcoy in that star trek movie before he is stuck dying in the warp core..."Remember!"

HAHAHA! You are such a sweetheart =) I try my best to help! I'm glad it worked this time (you're still in the hotness!)

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 32 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

No, no, no!! This is too awesome to be rejected. I'm so sorry, Spiritgreen. Looking forward to seeing more amazing work from you in the future.

enville

quality posts: 2 Private Messages enville
Re: Hello, would you like a balloon?

if he were a tad bit chunkier I might be inclined to sing...

"Good day to ya, fat balloon man, may you always have air"

and then it might qualify for another derby.

and maybe not

I like the balloons

JesseBYAH

quality posts: 5 Private Messages JesseBYAH
Re: The Madness within Scarebear

HAHA! This is adorable... and very odd. I like it

PandaPolka

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PandaPolka
Re: The Two Sides of Madness

absolute awesome, what a wearable

LunaVance

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LunaVance

I love the colors you have chosen for this design. Well done.