BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
Re: Mass Hysteria

This is great!

riddlescn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages riddlescn
Re: Going-Nuts

Is there any way we can see a bigger version of the actual image? I get it's something kneeling, but I can't see what it is exactly.

jamesparksart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jamesparksart
riddlescn wrote:Is there any way we can see a bigger version of the actual image? I get it's something kneeling, but I can't see what it is exactly.

Yep. This is my fist entry, and I did it wrong. I put the wrong file in the wrong place. . I will try to fix.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
Re: The Kraken Attacks

Neat idea.

riddlescn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages riddlescn
jamesparksart wrote:Yep. This is my fist entry, and I did it wrong. I put the wrong file in the wrong place. . I will try to fix.

Okay, please do, because the "going nuts" title with the nut thought bubble (maybe?) looks like a neat concept!

paulkremer

quality posts: 4 Private Messages paulkremer
Re: Mad Ness Resubmission!

On your rejected entry, I counted 7 colors, now I only count 5. I wish you would have left the water the way it was. Losing the white on the stars didn't hurt you that badly, but the water looked much better before!

sacrerouge

quality posts: 18 Private Messages sacrerouge
Re: 1 ok 2 ok 3 ok 4 ok

Hey Woot, if this doesn't get back in the fog can you print this next week as a daily shirt?

dr44519

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dr44519

Perfect for Pre-Law students LOL

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 214 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: The Mad Catterpillar's Party

I was a little wary about the Alice in Wonderland entries that were bound to appear, but this is such a nice reimagining I can't help but like it.

Powerful use of color, and lots of attention to detail. Deserves to be up in the fog without a doubt.

animizegirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages animizegirl
Re: manic or depressive?

i think if you remove the green. people will see the face first.

TheAitch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheAitch
paulkremer wrote:On your rejected entry, I counted 7 colors, now I only count 5. I wish you would have left the water the way it was. Losing the white on the stars didn't hurt you that badly, but the water looked much better before!

This is only my third entry to a derby and I guess I wasn't paying attention on the colors. I agree it did look better before, but meh, better safe than sorry. I'm not too worried though, I doubt it's going to make the fog, but it's still fun trying!

Thanks for your input!

sabrinalgraham

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sabrinalgraham
Re: Mood Swing (Bipolar Rep)

Thanks for the support,guys. I am disappointed in the execution but think I will get better. I am still trying to figure out how to get a line drawing scanned-in to a point where I can actually do something with it. Tired of trying to sketch with a mouse. I think I will try to hit some tutorials this weekend to see some different techniques people use to work with their sketches. I'm pretty sure my hardware/software is pretty rudimentary. Any tips would be AWESOME!!

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg

Lol! Cool! I'm not sure I'm down with the contrast between the flat cartoon and the more phtographic detail in the background, but the idea is great. Nice one!

paigeg

Ooo, wait - did you include a template for placement? Woot'll reject this without it.

TheAitch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheAitch

I saw the face first. Cool idea.

fivfutdwarf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fivfutdwarf
Re: Taco Jesus

But what does it have to do with the derby?
I think this will be rejected.

paigeg

Re: Penicillophobie

Wow, JoshuaHippie, you better switch to crayons for your line work for a while, if this is what pencils are doing to your dreams! Lol! I like it!

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

I really like the style you drew Alice in, very cute. Reminds me a little bit of Paradise Kiss, which is very cool.

fabiofranca

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fabiofranca
Re: Blood text

It is nice, it looks strange, surreal but I do not think it goes on the madness concept here. It would be better somewhere else... it is just my impression.

paigeg

sacrerouge wrote:Hey Woot, if this doesn't get back in the fog can you print this next week as a daily shirt?

Nope, absolutely not. Or at least, not likely given the dailies that have been printing this week. Is it me, or are they especially fakon?

theWanker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theWanker
animizegirl wrote:i think if you remove the green. people will see the face first.

Not a bad idea. Actually, if I'd just used a dark olive green it'd probably have had the same effect. Too late now. Oh well.

I actually don't really mind which people see first, as long as they (eventually) see both. I don't think there's much point in down-toning the rabbit to hide from woot moderators--they're smart enough to see it regardless.

I hope there's enough gray area in this submission that it doesn't get shot down for "the bunny rule." After all, I think the intent of the rule is to sidestep the normal cartoonish bunnies that normally thrive here. I guess we'll see.

paigeg

I had to check back on this one, because the Cat-erpillar is such a cool amalgam. When the page loaded I looked up quick and the shirt comp looked like it had a purple Christmas tree with eyes. Lol! So that's how folks would see this coming at them when I wore it. Funny!

SnowQueenVT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT

Re: Mood Swing (Bipolar Rep)

sabrinalgraham wrote:Thanks for the support,guys. I am disappointed in the execution but think I will get better. I am still trying to figure out how to get a line drawing scanned-in to a point where I can actually do something with it. Tired of trying to sketch with a mouse. I think I will try to hit some tutorials this weekend to see some different techniques people use to work with their sketches. I'm pretty sure my hardware/software is pretty rudimentary. Any tips would be AWESOME!!

Sabrina, read tjosts comment on page 34 of this thread, he advises getting an illustrator tablet to draw on, the nicest present you can ever give yourself.

I can feel your pain, drawing with the mouse isn't fair. All you need to set you free is a tablet!!!!! I loved your concept here. The tablet is
about 200.00 . You will never look back.

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

SnowQueenVT

Ha ha hippie!!

JoshuaHippie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JoshuaHippie
paigeg wrote:Wow, JoshuaHippie, you better switch to crayons for your line work for a while, if this is what pencils are doing to your dreams! Lol! I like it!

HAHA! Good advice.

Lagbert

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lagbert

Not a fan of the new shirt color, but I'll vote for it because the art is great and the concept is fun.

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
theWanker wrote:Ha! I forgot about the ban. Well, it's a chance I have to take.

I'm kind of curious about what others think. I like it with the carrot, but I've had this drawing around for (literally) a decade, and it may just be that the carrot freshens it up for me.

Should the carrot stay or go?

This is clearly a rabbit, not a bunny!

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
Re: 1 ok 2 ok 3 ok 4 ok

this is great!

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2
sakleehop wrote:Really cute - but what happened to the Napoleon design. I could have sworn I saw it in the derby and now I can't find it. Am I imagining that you entered it? I really loved it.

I was looking for that one too. It's awesome! This one is great too though. The way you use textures is just amazing.

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2
Re: Mass Hysteria

Wow, I totally missed this one. This is fantastic. Not sure why this doesn't have more votes. This is very well done and makes a great shirt. GMV.

graffd02

quality posts: 1 Private Messages graffd02
Re: Roleplaying Rorschach

I know I'm late gettin this one out... but hey gotta love me some DnD Madness!

Ezshrkman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ezshrkman

Love it! GMV!

SnowQueenVT

I would love a shirt like this, very royal looking with the swords just VERY cool!!! ...and of course it's crazy too! So beautiful, I love it.

JesseJ1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JesseJ1

Really good Joshua Hippie!

jamesparksart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jamesparksart
paigeg wrote:Lol! Cool! I'm not sure I'm down with the contrast between the flat cartoon and the more phtographic detail in the background, but the idea is great. Nice one!

Thank you I will keep in mind for my future postings. This is my first submit. Thank you for your suport.

eye4spot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eye4spot
Re: Blood text

GMV...again! Glad you added the shirt mock up.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Color count?

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

lashlightning

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lashlightning
graffd02 wrote:I know I'm late gettin this one out... but hey gotta love me some DnD Madness!

Hopefully it won't damage your chances too much, as it's an awesome design I'd totally buy.

eye4spot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eye4spot

ABSOLUTELY....vote love coming your way!

Siax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Siax
fabiofranca wrote:Is woot trying to make this artist crazy!!!

ya they were

please vote im trying to beat my record from a past design