mianmianlee

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mianmianlee
jmmbell1987 wrote:This magenta dude is putting his hands through his eye sockets, out the back of his head. This apparently causes little ghosts to emerge from the holes.

oh thats through his eye sockets? man i thought his hands were going through his cheeks... lol through the eyes make... more sense? haha if thats the right word to use

drakeji

quality posts: 1 Private Messages drakeji
fairnymph wrote:I have a couple shirts with similar colour palettes on black and I think they print nicely. And you don't always WANT a ton of contrast, either -sometimes a bit of blending can look awesome, IMO.

Guess it comes down to personal preference. I'm really disappointed in the one I have with a similar color palette and wouldn't buy another one.

jamesparksart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jamesparksart
Mavyn wrote:Color count?

There are seven colors.

Stellardig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Stellardig
Re: Roleplaying Rorschach

Nice work! It look like a Pirates map at first. GMV

Stellardig

Re: Going-Nuts

Great design! GMV

SnowQueenVT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT
Re: Going-Nuts

James this is a really REALLY cool picture and I just voted for it, I know how crazy it is to get your first submission submitted correctly, but you have a couple things still to fix (Don't hate me!)

You are only allowed 6 colors
Your artwork needs to be displayed on a woot shirt template
That foggy amorphous looking effect may not be allowed either(No gradients)

You are talented and I love your design, good job fixing your 1st image that was on display but it still has to be on a "shirt template"
(look at some other peoples to see what That is if you do not know, and you can't draw the shirt template yourself that has been tried and rejected.)

Good luck James Your design deserves the screen space!

Your character alone, with the nuts and bolts above would be enough to get your point across and it would then be printable...

I do love the character and the anguish so apparent in its body language.

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

jabberjaws13

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jabberjaws13
Re: Life is Mad

i get what you were trying as well, but i would take a bullet for my dog. hence not vote for a tee with a murdered dog.

Happy Beer.

SnowQueenVT

jabberjaws13 wrote:i get what you were trying as well, but i would take a bullet for my dog. hence not vote for a tee with a murdered dog.

What kind of dog do you have and what is it's name? (Curious I once loved a dog named Astro, doberman\who knows, I used to feed him sandwiches, he was so smart and wonderful,I know what you mean.)

JoshuaHippie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JoshuaHippie
SnowQueenVT wrote:What kind of dog do you have and what is it's name? (Curious I once loved a dog named Astro, doberman\who knows, I used to feed him sandwiches, he was so smart and wonderful,I know what you mean.)

Okay, I'm a dog lover aswell. I am also still trying to get a feel for the woot community. I meen just a few derbies ago there were bloody bunnies with there legs cut off and I'm pretty sure I saw a guy with his arms sawed off for hooks in the fog a couple derbies ago. Point taken though, this hippie is from now on taking a step WAY away from any blood and dogs.

Love & Peace
- the Hippie

SnowQueenVT

[quote postid="3848447" user="JoshuaHippie"]Okay, I'm a dog lover aswell. I am also still trying to get a feel for the woot community. I meen just a few derbies ago there were bloody bunnies with there legs cut off and I'm pretty sure I saw a guy with his arms sawed off for hooks in the fog a couple derbies ago. Point taken though, this hippie is from now on taking a step WAY away from any blood and dogs.

Love & Peace
- the Hippie[/q

(sorry I hit post when I was trying to edit somthing!!!( DErrr)
-snowqueen

SnowQueenVT

[quote postid="3848447" user="JoshuaHippie"]Okay, I'm a dog lover aswell. I am also still trying to get a feel for the woot community. I meen just a few derbies ago there were bloody bunnies with there legs cut off and I'm pretty sure I saw a guy with his arms sawed off for hooks in the fog a couple derbies ago. Point taken though, this hippie is from now on taking a step WAY away from any blood and dogs.

Oh Joshuahippie! I didn't even notice that this design was yours!
I love your style and I wasn't jabbing at you at all, just thinking about Jabberjaws saying he would take a bullet for his dog got me thinking about Astro. One time he got out and ran all the way to
kinkos where I then worked.(Astro belonged to my best friend, not me.) I looked out the window and there was Astro! He would escape from my friends guitar building shop somtimes and head straight to
mcdonalds and people would feed him! He loved pizza, you would say "Pizza?" )Ears go up "Bath!" )ears go down!"Pizza?...(up) Bath!"...(down) fun with dogs!

Love & Peace to
- the Hippie[

mattcal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattcal

I saw a skull with a carrot through the eye sockets. Couldn't see the bunny till your comment and then it took a while to find it. Very clever.

genericsmith

quality posts: 15 Private Messages genericsmith
Zarfus wrote:How is this any less artistic than this:
http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=40653

Judging from your comment on that shirt, you're still all wet from that experience.

Just because it has less colors, and you can actually TELL what's going on here...you think this doesn't deserve to be in the fog?

I actually wasn't a huge fan on edgar's piece either

BUT

I don't know if you CAN actually tell what's going on here.

I mean SURE there's a guy shooting lighting from his eyes that turns into death and a hot chick... and birds / butterflies (made of hair) and skulls... plus tons of random scribbles.

Plus it seems like it'll be difficult to tell what's going on if it prints.

just my $0.02

Munchy Attack If you can find the name of this artist & real song title I'll buy you a daily woot shirt (your choice what day)

Dystopia Dark Lager, Where the Wild Parties at?, B.A. Bearacus, and many more wanted in XXL(PLEASE!!!)
Edgar Allen Poe shall remained headlock'd until Nevermore is reckoned.

karinaoi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages karinaoi
Re: Distinguished Wear for the Casual Scientist

I'm so ordering this if it makes it.

Be the change you want to see in the world.
~ Gandhi

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
zreb20 wrote:It's an interesting design, and I like the way the prisoner's hand is outstretched to pet the shadow...

But the person seems to be in a weird position... sitting? standing? halfway in between? The proportions just look a bit confusing in the thigh/waist area. I'm no expert, but it kinda put me off the shirt. Maybe I just don't get it.

I interpreted it as her kinda squirming and trying to break free as a result of the lunacy. She's tied down to the chair, so I can see a person sliding around and trying to stand to get up while thrashing about.

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
mianmianlee wrote:oh thats through his eye sockets? man i thought his hands were going through his cheeks... lol through the eyes make... more sense? haha if thats the right word to use

See, now I see his eyes closed and happy instead of eyebrows, and he just jammed his hands through his face below the eyes.

Which to me, is even MORE INSANE than putting them through your eye sockets, heh

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg

I'm not a gamer, and even I 'get' this. Very interesting combination of the gaming symbols and inkblots. Makes me scratch my head a little concept-wise, but the overall design rocks!

bkearney09

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bkearney09
Re: Cycle of Madness

Reminds me of an animation I saw on Radiohead TV. I love your design, it is sadly true. All I can say is thank heavens for weekends, holidays, and paid time off

superfo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages superfo
Re: 1 ok 2 ok 3 ok 4 ok

I would so buy this, even though it would totally blow my "why yes, I'm completely sane, thank you" cover.

paigeg

Re: 1 ok 2 ok 3 ok 4 ok

I see the hands as going through his cheeks - mostly. But the poor dude's ears also appear to be on his neck, so maybe the eyes are really low, too. I don't think it matters. This is so fried up I'd have to wear it just to make people wonder...

Ezshrkman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ezshrkman
Lagbert wrote:The mad hatter contemplates the stars and the moon held aloft by a bat.

This is version 2 of this design. I changed some of the halftones to improve the visual appearance of the shirt.

Here is a side by side comparison. The new halftones are on the left.

Any comments or suggestions?

How small can you go with the halftones for woot to accept it?

paigeg

Whlie I'm still here, I've been wondering... Is the title from the thunderstorm scene in Poltergeist where Robbie's counting the seconds between booms? I can't recall how that went...

SnowQueenVT

Re: Taco Jesus

I really do love this( I think even though it is completely funny, it is also respectful, the image is beautiful , I just gotta love it.)

I think even" He " would approve of this beautiful shirt, it's just nice.

icemonster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages icemonster
Re: Pinkerton

This is a creepy but awesome shirt.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
Zarfus wrote:How is this any less artistic than this:
http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=40653

Judging from your comment on that shirt, you're still all wet from that experience.

Just because it has less colors, and you can actually TELL what's going on here...you think this doesn't deserve to be in the fog?

First of all, A+ for maturity. And the difference is that Edgar's shirt is original, thought out, and well executed. This shirt, as many have posted, is none of those things. Every image (or at least most) have been used in the past by him. There was no thought whatsoever because if there was, ramyb would think, "wow, no one can see what the F is going on in this shirt." And the colors -- while I don't need drastic contrast -- are going to mesh together, looking as if there is a splotch on the shirt instead of a design.

Your argument seems to be: there are other bad shirts that have printed so let this one pass too. I have posted on the dailies that I think were poorly done (today's with the poor punctuation, for example) and I have also commented on shirts that I think are poor that have the possibility of printing.

It's not that I dislike Ramyb's style (although I do); I'm just sick of seeing the exact same image with the exact same colors every god damned week (blue and swirly). It's boring and it was hackneyed ages ago.

He has now plagiarized his own shirts for this one whereas in the past, he only plagiarized others.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

TheyKilledKenny

quality posts: 2 Private Messages TheyKilledKenny

Hearken Back to the old days of Logo...

Excuse Me Maam, Your Woot is Showing...

kiyarisan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kiyarisan

Like most Edgar shirts, this is unbelievably PHENOMENAL. I think the magenta guy is playing hide and seek with either an imaginary friend or maybe someone else that we can't see. Brilliant.
Woot - please, please, please, please print this. Please. Please.

kiyarilynn

avhienda01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages avhienda01

The color is absolutely wonderful. Wonderful I say!

walmazan

quality posts: 63 Private Messages walmazan
sakleehop wrote:Really cute - but what happened to the Napoleon design. I could have sworn I saw it in the derby and now I can't find it. Am I imagining that you entered it? I really loved it.

Aww, thanks sakleehop!, Napoleon was not very popular here, and I really love it, so I will redo it and take for the future! , but thansk so much!

totito

quality posts: 0 Private Messages totito

Fit the design in another derby, please, I love it and I want the shirt!!!

walmazan

Awesome, awesome awesome!

gmv!

walmazan

Re: Crazy Pills

Perfect characters! and love the idea and composition!

Ezshrkman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ezshrkman
Re: The Kraken Attacks

Me again!
This is one of my favorite shirts, I keep coming back to it. I wish i could vote like 1000 times...
Loco Luminescence

theWanker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theWanker
Re: manic or depressive?

I been bunny-slammed.

Darn--it was rising pretty fast too. I don't know if it'd have made it into the fog, but it might have come close.

Oh well. I guess I'll stuff the graphic back in a box for another decade. Or maybe try it on Threadless?

BrainsToEat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BrainsToEat
Ezshrkman wrote:Me again!
This is one of my favorite shirts, I keep coming back to it. I wish i could vote like 1000 times...
Loco Luminescence

Thanks! I'm glad you like it.

ElfDa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ElfDa

ah dude, i love this!!
i really hope you win it, dude!

Just because no one understands you doesn't make you an artist.

paigeg

emptyplatitudes wrote:if you wear this, you will look as if you have a fetus and amniotic fluid smeared across your chest.

Wow, easy, Chief. The shirt isn't great, but there's just no call to get all nasty n stuff. And I'm not concerned with ramyb's feelings - he apparently ignores everything that goes on here. I'm not crazy about the mental image you provoke, though.
Thanks.

paigeg

theWanker wrote:I been bunny-slammed.

Awww, told you to lose the carrot! Lol! Really though - sorry, man. This was fun and would've been a cool shirt. Definitely bring it back somewhere!

Stellardig

monkeyswag wrote:Great idea, and it's delightfully delicious in purple.

Thank you monkeyswag!

Stellardig

fabiofranca wrote:I like one color designs... I chose to go for it also on this derby.

Cool deal! Thank for your comment fabiofranca. Good luck on the derby.