jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
Zarfus wrote:How is this any less artistic than this:
http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=40653

Edgar's design is an original idea with execution that, while not everyone's taste, is still impeccable and vibrant. I can certainly see why many wouldn't want to wear it, but it's a wonderful bit of work, utterly odd and interesting.

Ramy's is a muddled batch of cliches, with the half-assed execution we see time and time again from him. If you can't tell the difference, I can't begin to know what to say to you.

jmmbell1987

banzaaiii wrote:the question you should really be asking is: "why do i bother getting upset over ramy designs week after week?", and you might try this one as well: "is my bickering over these designs doing any good?"

i cant help you with the first one, but the answer to the second is a definite "no".

I don't really get upset with Ramy's designs in and of themselves, but it's annoying when they win.

I post because it's a message board, so why the hell not? If only posts that did anyone any good were allowed, than there'd be no point in posting a damn thing, other than the odd critique.

Except that's what people do with Ramy, and his defenders freak out. They may be harsh critiques, but they're critiques.

That's foolish logic, and does nothing to address the main point. I mean, why even converse with anyone unless the purpose is to "do any good"? That's one of the weakest retorts I see bandied about on this site, and amounts to little more than a childish "I'm not listening!" It's a classic strawman.

SnowQueenVT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT
Re: Captain Ahab

Re: It's Logo Madness!!!

Hi theykilledkenney,I've missed you!!

Funny shirt, straight to the point!!

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

sgreenip

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sgreenip
Re: The Shiny Red Button!

phild3791 wrote:Space madness! love it. you coveteth my Ice Cream Bar

Oh how I long to lick it's creamy center! Thanks for the compliment, phild3791! It's nice to know there are some fans out there besides me!

sgreenip

Ezshrkman wrote:You’re trying to take My Ice Cream Bar... I've had since i was a CHILD!!!!

GMV... Good old ren and stimpy!
Loco Luminescence

With its nutty chocolate covering . . . We're not hitchhiking, we're RIDING! Thanks for the vote, Ezshrkman!

sgreenip

dankstick wrote:The History Eraser Button... boiled football leather... wax paper.... those were the days.

The Glaaaaazed Ham! Those were the days! Still love watching those toons. Thanks, dankstick! Nice username, by the way.

moorerandall

quality posts: 1 Private Messages moorerandall
Re: Untitled Madness

def a nice shirt hoping for a win or hon mention at the least hopefully it doesnt get rejected

KromeHWI

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KromeHWI
Re: Do they even make straight-jackets that small?

oh the minds of children. so pure... so innocent...

so easy.....

Ezshrkman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ezshrkman
Re: Loco Luminescence

I think i am gonna win this derby!
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ezshrkman

sgreenip wrote:With its nutty chocolate covering . . . We're not hitchhiking, we're RIDING! Thanks for the vote, Ezshrkman!

Anytime!

Its log log its brown its heavy its wood.

Its log log its better then bad its good! =)

SubBass49

quality posts: 3 Private Messages SubBass49
Ezshrkman wrote:I really like it…and I am not a big fan of skulls on my shirts.
Looks like you are getting a lot of attention from the pros on here. I am bookmarking this page to save all the great tips!
I am a total noob 2! I dig the colors and styling. Good Job!
Got my vote. =)

Loco Luminescence

I have no problem asking for help, and apparently the cool folks here have no problem giving advice. That's actually really cool, and I appreciate it a lot. There are some places where folks just hate and push others down, but you guys have really stepped up.

Much respect!

jmmbell1987

Re: In the odd light of frankenstein's lab v3

Definitely much better with less going on in the background. Nice work!

Ezshrkman

Re: manic or depressive?

Man!!!!
Woot saw the freaking bunny! that was a 30% chance!
Great idea! Bring it back sometime.
HMVBTDWR=Had My Vote Before The Design Was Rejected =)
Loco Luminescence

Ezshrkman

SubBass49 wrote:I have no problem asking for help, and apparently the cool folks here have no problem giving advice. That's actually really cool, and I appreciate it a lot. There are some places where folks just hate and push others down, but you guys have really stepped up.

Much respect!

Me 2 !
I have met some really cool people in the last 3 weeks that are more than willing to help out the noob.
Thank you for letting us join the woot crew and making us feel like we are welcome.
thees strangers have been very nice 2 me...
paigeg,SnowQueenVT,odysseyroc,TheAitch,eye4spot,andJesseBYAH, brains eating or something like that?
PS

My design is gonna get like 5 more votes tonight =) ! watch out crazy staws and mouse =) Sweet!
Loco Luminescence

SquirrelsAreMean

quality posts: 1 Private Messages SquirrelsAreMean
Re: The Clockmaker

Beautiful! I love the feeling of this piece.

sgreenip

Ezshrkman, nice work! Nice and clean and neat. Nice color theory. GMV! Keep it up. Persist. It's a tough game, but you have the skills! Bring it!

Ezshrkman

sgreenip wrote:Ezshrkman, nice work! Nice and clean and neat. Nice color theory. GMV! Keep it up. Persist. It's a tough game, but you have the skills! Bring it!

Thank You!
My goal this week is to get within the top 100..
Next week... the top 80 ... the next week 1st Place! Is that 2 short of a time span?
I have a very creative mind, i just need to learn how to put in on paper. "paper" i mean pixels =)
Thanks for your support sgreenip! What does sgreenip stand for?
Eric/ Ezshrkman =)
url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=40834]Loco Luminescence
[/url]

Lagbert

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lagbert
Ezshrkman wrote:How small can you go with the halftones for woot to accept it?

I don't know if woot has made any definitive statements, but the halftones on "sky fishing" from the flight derby are pretty fine. I measured them and the biggest individual dots are about .040 inches or about 3 points or 12 pixels at 300 dpi.

The halftones I used in the design are based on a cell size of 10 pixes so they are slightly smaller, but I think they would still pass muster. If not I could easily reapply the halftones with a slightly larger cell size.

I'm guessing woot only rejects halftones when they are used for very large areas, or are used to replicate a four color printing process.

sgreenip

Ezshrkman wrote:Thank You!
Next week... the top 80 ... the next week 1st Place! Is that 2 short of a time span?
I have a very creative mind, i just need to learn how to put in on paper. "paper" i mean pixels =)
Thanks for your support sgreenip! What does sgreenip stand for?
Eric/ Ezshrkman =)
url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=40834]Loco Luminescence
[/url]

Ezshrkman, no one at shirt.woot has ever asked me what sgreenip means. Thanks! It's a secret, though. If I tell, who knows what will happen. Hard boiled eggs falling from the sky? A river of melted peanut butter flowing in the streets? I can't risk it. And oh, I have always judged my success by how many votes, but I think I am going to switch to your placing method. I like that.

Muppethero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Muppethero
paulstansifer wrote:I was thinking of Major Kong's bomb ride at the end of Dr. Strangelove as an example of madness. Then it hit me: he's still the sanest character in the whole movie. Here's to you, Major Kong.

I like it!

Ezshrkman

Lagbert wrote:I don't know if woot has made any definitive statements, but the halftones on "sky fishing" from the flight derby are pretty fine. I measured them and the biggest individual dots are about .040 inches or about 3 points or 12 pixels at 300 dpi.

The halftones I used in the design are based on a cell size of 10 pixes so they are slightly smaller, but I think they would still pass muster. If not I could easily reapply the halftones with a slightly larger cell size.

I'm guessing woot only rejects halftones when they are used for very large areas, or are used to replicate a four color printing process.

Thank You!
I haven't tried halftones because of the rules... but i see way 2 many designs with HT being printed. I am so new here that i don't wanna spend my hrs making a design and get "Rejected" slashed across my hard work. For god sake i just learned that you can lock the transparent area of your layer for coloring.
I have been watching tutorials on PS and inksacpe during every free moment i get.
I apreciate your response and youe design should definaltley have more votes in my mind
Thanks Lagbert
See u next week i hope!
Ezshrkman
Loco Luminescence

Lagbert

Ezshrkman wrote:Thank You!

That's a pretty ambitious time table. Good Luck!

Ezshrkman

sgreenip wrote:Ezshrkman, no one at shirt.woot has ever asked me what sgreenip means. Thanks! It's a secret, though. If I tell, who knows what will happen. Hard boiled eggs falling from the sky? A river of melted peanut butter flowing in the streets? I can't risk it. And oh, I have always judged my success by how many votes, but I think I am going to switch to your placing method. I like that.

LOL! I think it might mean that you are a sexy green Asian... or if you mix up the letters it could be "penis reg" I don't know what that is...but i would keep it a secret 2! LOL!
As for the placing method. i was so proud of my fish and thought i had the slightest chance of getting some descent votes. Some of the designs that are above mine just make me think that my fish must be total gristle. I just know that someday one of my ideas will be a winner.

Thanks again for your support penis reg... i mean ....sexy green Asian.. oops.. i mean sgreenip =)
Loco Luminescence

Lagbert

Ezshrkman wrote:I am so new here that i don't wanna spend my hrs making a design and get "Rejected" slashed across my hard work.

Don't worry about rejections too much. You can usually rework a design to get around them. They can be great learning experience too.

For god sake i just learned that you can lock the transparent area of your layer for coloring.
I have been watching tutorials on PS and inksacpe during every free moment i get.

I've been teaching myself inkscape too. It's a great program. Your style is very clean, so you can probably do all of your work in vectors if you want to.

I apreciate your response and youe design should definaltley have more votes in my mind

Thanks! I'm surprised you don't have more votes. I think your thumbnail might be working against you.

Good Luck!

theWanker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theWanker
Re: manic or depressive?

Thanks to everybody who posted a positive comment about this design. It's not often I get a design shot down (in here or my real job) and still feel really good about it.

bellarific

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bellarific
Re: Sleep deprivation

I love your weirdo little characters. They remind me of those creatures Ursula turned all the mermaids/men into in her lair.

Ya know, those poor unfortunate sooouuuuls?

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
Re: Have A CRAZY DAY!

minimalist design. have a good one.

JoshuaHippie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JoshuaHippie
Re: Penicillophobie

I want my little sister to see this

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost

Nice entry. One thing that others here helped notify me of, you should put your thumbnail image of your entry in your signature. Go to my account and paste the info in the bottom dialog box. I'd suggest doing it in notepad first then pasting it. If you do multiple images don't put in any return breaks just a space or else it stacks them. Keep it up!

SnowQueenVT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=40873]ReSubmit - Robot Gone

Hi James! I like your resub, I am glad you had a chance to do it!
It looks awesome! Still good and crazy! Very very nice and quick resub too!

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

dijin

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dijin
Re: 1 ok 2 ok 3 ok 4 ok

This is freakishly artistic

tjost

Re: Roleplaying Rorschach

I like this, along with Spiritgreens entry in the luck derby we've had some interesting RPG themed shirts lately. Good job

tjost

Re: Oh gristle

This kinda reminds me of Snow White, Blood Red.

Javrixx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Javrixx
Re: The Madness of Cupcake Revenge

This is Elicea's first shirt and I think she did an outstanding job! Good job babe!

Draug

quality posts: 69 Private Messages Draug
Re: Do they even make straight-jackets that small?

Is that reddish-pink color the same throughout? (the hair ties and the scribbles?) I can't tell it it's six or seven colors because of that. If it is six, it's a pity this wasn't submitted earlier because it isn't bad.

The enemy's gate is down.
Writers are people too! (Albeit strange ones.)
Save Poe! Reckon Nevermore! Or he'll be head-locked forevermore!

Draug

quality posts: 69 Private Messages Draug
Re: Untitled Madness

I thought this was a ramyb before now. I don't see madness here. Just random images of ill omens. And this isn't the only shirt that is stretching the theme this week. -_-;

The enemy's gate is down.
Writers are people too! (Albeit strange ones.)
Save Poe! Reckon Nevermore! Or he'll be head-locked forevermore!

sgreenip

Ezshrkman wrote:LOL! I think it might mean that you are a sexy green Asian... or if you mix up the letters it could be "penis reg" I don't know what that is...but i would keep it a secret 2! LOL!
As for the placing method. i was so proud of my fish and thought i had the slightest chance of getting some descent votes. Some of the designs that are above mine just make me think that my fish must be total gristle. I just know that someday one of my ideas will be a winner.

Thanks again for your support penis reg... i mean ....sexy green Asian.. oops.. i mean sgreenip =)
Loco Luminescence

Dude, you are cracking me up! Oh, and by the way, negative on the sexy green asian, but penis reg? Not sure what that is either, so I can't rule it out. And also, I consider myself a decent cartoonist, and I don't think I could ever have made an Angler Fish look as likable as you did. Props!

sgreenip

I'm seeing if i have followed tjost's direction in signature thumbnails properly. testing 1 . . . 2 . . . 3

Elicea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Elicea
Re: Vampire Photo Booth

This shirt is effing amazing. I am in tears laughing. I wish I could buy it right now!!

sgreenip

sgreenip wrote:I'm seeing if i have followed tjost's direction in signature thumbnails properly. testing 1 . . . 2 . . . 3

nope . . . i'll try again. hold on