Ezshrkman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ezshrkman
sgreenip wrote:Dude, you are cracking me up! Oh, and by the way, negative on the sexy green asian, but penis reg? Not sure what that is either, so I can't rule it out. And also, I consider myself a decent cartoonist, and I don't think I could ever have made an Angler Fish look as likable as you did. Props!

Thanks man!
Did you know that the male angler fish is very small... he finds the female in the dark and bites on to her. He doesn’t let go and eventually her body absorbs his face. Her blood supply feeds him and he remains attached to her for the rest of his life. his only job... supply the angler baby batter.
I guess it’s pretty hard to find a mate when you look like that! I have seen it happen to a few of my friends 2! LOL
Nature is truly amazing!

Ezshrkman

Re: Ye Damned Whale

cool! GMV!

dablooper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dablooper

big fan of your work.. Keep it up!!

GNitro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GNitro

I think the problem here is the fact some refuse to admit that there are people who are just anti-ramy. They don't care how good his stuff is, but because designs they wanted to win lost to a Ramy design they didn't like, they have amassed animosity towards him.

As for me, I vote and buy on stuff I want to wear. I've seen a lot of great artistic works (yes many better than Ramy), but I just don't always feel they are something I would wear on a shirt.

There's just no reason to accuse someone of cheating to get votes or bash his work. People claim they are just criticizing, but there is a way to critique work without being an ass about it.

LunaVance

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LunaVance
SnowQueenVT wrote:Hi Luna vance, I wanted to compliment your design , the subtle colors , the great faces and I really love that grass in the background! Any one of these images would have a made cool shirt by themselves, but the 4 images are fun to examine together. Nice clean work too!

Thank you, that was a wonderful comment! I appreciate it.

spentfromnz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spentfromnz

Aside from Van Gogh whats the other reference? Know it from somewhere but can't remember where.

stingray69

quality posts: 4 Private Messages stingray69

I like the design but this was submitted on Threadless which is against woot rules.

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
KromeHWI wrote:its six colors: black, skintone, blue, green, red, yellow. on a navy shirt.

i know its a late entry so i cant expect too much, but i do like the design and wanted to enter it anyway. its a bummer my best ideas always come near the end of the derby...

This is great though - that chalk definitely got away from her! Next time, I think I'd put a glow around the shirt to make it stand out from the background in the comp. And I don't htink you need to count the black as a color, as long as you're using the shirt color as the black.

paigeg

Re: FFFFFUUUU...

Omelets made great, it's so late I don't know if this has any chance at all, but it rocks! I'm definitely picking this for an HM! Awesome!

paigeg

Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=40873]ReSubmit - Robot Gone

Definitely - nice save! I liked the original color version, and I like this too - I look forward to seeing more from you in future dervies.

paigeg

Re: The Madness of Cupcake Revenge

Funny! And thank god the children are relatively teeny in the pic - we get the point without being super graphic about it. Uh - is that a foot in the cupcake's mouth? Lol!

paigeg

Re: Knife With A Scope

Hate to say it, but this looks like a direct lift from an image on MySpace hosted on Photobucket - I can't get to it from this puter (damn web filters). But it's a computer-generated image, and this looks like a filled/distorted version of it. Unless it's yours, there may be copyright issues (unless that is your copyright on the comp, which also isn't allowed).

paigeg

Re: Gonzo

It is funny, so it's a shame, but - photo, celebrity likeness, out of print area, gradients, copyright issues (the logo)... Really, dude - read the rules on the submission page, and bring this back some time in a format that works. It's a funny concept. Maybe as a daily?

paigeg

Re: It's a mad mad mad MAD world Resub

I'm not sure the aeons of global changes qualify as 'madness', no matter what you title it.

paigeg

Re: Mind Control

Awww,Chunk, man - this is just great! It's soo sad it's so late in the game. I really love the color choices. And the concept is mad/creepy enough, but doesn't make me squirm the way the spider-on-the-eyeball design here does. Pooh. So wish you had been able to get this in sooner.

Vertebreaker2k

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Vertebreaker2k
Re: Untitled Madness

Love it. 11th place at the moment. Hopefully it gets voted up over the week, as it's my favorite design of the derby (no offense to the other entries).

At very worst, I hope it makes it into the top 9 and gets a chance at a Double-Take.

paigeg

Re: Mad Chains

So sad this isn't gettingmore looks, Weirdpuckett - I would ROCK this shirt.

paigeg

Re: Neurosis

This is a really awesome desing I keep coming back to. Perhaps the bright red is putting folks off? Maybe if you get a second chance or sub elsewhere down the road, go for a darker, less vivid red?

SnowQueenVT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT
Re: Going-Nuts

Hi Jamesparkart!

I just noticed that KDEUCE whose design untitled madness (Right near the top at the fog a skull one) seems to be using the same brushes as you, I am very sorry if I advised you incorrectly about these effects...

I was trying to help because I like your concept. The rule is supposed to be , the art must be printable, to look like what the people voted for...so I don't know if your effect is something you can continue to enjoy the use of in your work or not!

Does anybody know?

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

SnowQueenVT

Re: TheCrazies

Re Lunavance says thanks for the compliment

Re: The Lady who Lives in the Woods (resub)

Thats ok Luna vance, you totally deserve it! Now here is a nice lollipop!

Hey everybody, Lunavance is from Scotland! That is cool! Noone HERE is THERE, yet HERE we are TOGETHER! Hurray for WOOT tshirts!

paigeg

Ezshrkman wrote:Thank You!
My goal this week is to get within the top 100..
Next week... the top 80 ... the next week 1st Place! Is that 2 short of a time span?
Eric/ Ezshrkman =)
url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=40834]Loco Luminescence
[/url]

Wow! You don't mess around! With an attitude like that, and obvious talent - no, definitly NOT too short. Lol!

monkeyswag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages monkeyswag

Hilarious! gl.

chunkydesign

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chunkydesign
paigeg wrote:Awww,Chunk, man - this is just great! It's soo sad it's so late in the game. I really love the color choices. And the concept is mad/creepy enough, but doesn't make me squirm the way the spider-on-the-eyeball design here does. Pooh. So wish you had been able to get this in sooner.

Thanks a lot for your comment. Unfortunately, time to work on the designs for derbys is quite limited, so to do anything half decent, I don´t have a chance to submit it earlier, or end up with a half-baked idea that I allways regret submiting. This was up some hours ago with a diverse color scheme and on a black tee, but I didn´t liked the way it looked, so I deleted it, and posted this one that IMO looks a little better...

SnowQueenVT

I like this shirt too, but if theres a problem, why not make the whale white and put his teeth on his lower jaw to change it...(Sperm whales have 24-30 teeth on each side of their lower jaw and none on the top. I learned that this week...) The shirt is very effective and might be even more popular with a white whale. I really like it though!

monkeyswag

Re: Arachnophobia

Dude, is that an eyeball? Icky, but great from an artistic perspective. GL.

FatMouse66

quality posts: 1 Private Messages FatMouse66

Thank you very much guys for your votes and nice comments. If you don't know the meme, just google "fffffuuuuu" and click images
Cheers

monkeyswag

Re: Crazy Jimmy

This is very interesting. I wish we could see more detail. From the thumbnail, it looks like a great illustration, but it gets lost on the shirt mock-up. But, I like the concept and what I can see of your detail. GL.

paigeg

sgreenip wrote:I'm seeing if i have followed tjost's direction in signature thumbnails properly. testing 1 . . . 2 . . . 3

Me, too...
/edit Damn. I'll keep trying.

SnowQueenVT

Re: Crazy Pills

Tjost I want to thank you for all of the intense and awesome advice you have given us all this week, it may take a little while for it all to absorb and put to it's best (like the advice on page 38 of this thread to help people to get their design images to automatically appear when they comment...also something on page 34...)use but your generosity is immense, you makes this a better place because people who are stretching and growing to reach that artistic place where their art is free to fly, are happy and successful...so thankyou from me and others I am sure!!

IAgain , your shirt here is funny clean and awesome and your cookie monster shirt is a must have shirt for everyone in this entire country!! Thanks thanks thanks!!

love ya love your art!-snowqueenvt

monkeyswag

Re: The Madness of it All

Haunting design, and a great representation of insanity. I'm curious, are the right-angled fractures intended to represent a cross? Regardless, nice work. GL.

paigeg

emptyplatitudes wrote:if you don't like my description, you understand why i don't like the shirt.

When I really don't like something I may comment, but just choose to be a bit less - icky - in pointing out the problems.

capedcrusader514

quality posts: 1 Private Messages capedcrusader514

Need.

paigeg

Ezshrkman wrote:Thanks man!
Did you know that the male angler fish is very small... he finds the female in the dark and bites on to her. He doesn’t let go and eventually her body absorbs his face. Her blood supply feeds him and he remains attached to her for the rest of his life.

Ewwww...! I think I like spiders and preying mantids better; at least they just kill and eat their mates. Not that I imagine an angler fish gives much thought to the mater, but... Ewww!

paigeg

paigeg wrote:This is great though - that chalk definitely got away from her! Next time, I think I'd put a glow around the shirt to make it stand out from the background in the comp. And I don't htink you need to count the black as a color, as long as you're using the shirt color as the black.

My bad - I wasn't paying attention that you'd used a navy shirt. My monitor here gets lemon juice in the eye.

Stellardig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Stellardig
Re: The Madness of Cupcake Revenge

Great job! Good luck on the derby. GMV

modestio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages modestio

Ohhh no, the only cool entry in the fog and it's getting rejected...
What a pity!

paigeg

Vertebreaker2k wrote:Love it. 11th place at the moment. Hopefully it gets voted up over the week, as it's my favorite design of the derby (no offense to the other entries).

At very worst, I hope it makes it into the top 9 and gets a chance at a Double-Take.

Over the week? Subs close this afternoon and voting close tomorrow. NOt much time. But I hear ya - classic dsign for a headbanger like me.

paigeg

Vertebreaker2k wrote:Love it. 11th place at the moment. Hopefully it gets voted up over the week, as it's my favorite design of the derby (no offense to the other entries).

Over the week? Subs close this afternoon and voting close tomorrow. NOt much time. But I hear ya - classic dsign for a headbanger like me.

Stellardig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Stellardig
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=40873]ReSubmit - Robot Gone

Way to go! I like it, great job. Keep up the good work and good luck in the derby. GMV

Also try to submit on Friday or Saturday, you'll get more votes that way. Best of Luck on the up coming derby.

Stellatdig

Ezshrkman

paigeg wrote:Me, too...
/edit Damn. I'll keep trying.

Hi Paigeg!
Go To a design and act like you are going to add a comment. Hit Preview and you will be able to see and test if it worked without acutaling making a post.

=)