paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
SnowQueenVT wrote:RE: Thanks to tjost

I concur. And thanks for being so open and helpful right here inthe derby forum. Maybe I'll go into the Community and find/start a 'help for noobs' forum. D'ya think some of the other experienced wooters would be inclined to answer questions? I'd hate to see Tjost spending inordinate amounts of time holding our hands, so if others were amenable...

Ezshrkman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ezshrkman
paigeg wrote:Ewwww...! I think I like spiders and preying mantids better; at least they just kill and eat their mates. Not that I imagine an angler fish gives much thought to the mater, but... Ewww!

I am not 2 sure what fate i would rather have.
Death or This =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lsmxs0uDXMo

paigeg

Ezshrkman wrote:Hi Paigeg!
Go To a design and act like you are going to add a comment. Hit Preview and you will be able to see and test if it worked without acutaling making a post.

=)

>facepalm< Doh!

Ezshrkman

paigeg wrote:Wow! You don't mess around! With an attitude like that, and obvious talent - no, definitly NOT too short. Lol!

Watch out Paigeg! Here i come!
=)

FatMouse66

quality posts: 1 Private Messages FatMouse66
SubBass49 wrote:As a high school art teacher, what do you think the reaction would be if I wore this to work? Just curious.

They will think that you are the coolest awesome amazing art teacher alive

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Re: The Mad Catterpillar's Party

What color are Alice's lips? I keep worrying that it might be a 7th color.

paigeg

Re: And she seemed so normal...

Freakin' random hit of the 'post' button - sorry!

sabrinalgraham

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sabrinalgraham
SnowQueenVT wrote:Sabrina, read tjosts comment on page 34 of this thread, he advises getting an illustrator tablet to draw on, the nicest present you can ever give yourself.

I can feel your pain, drawing with the mouse isn't fair. All you need to set you free is a tablet!!!!! I loved your concept here. The tablet is
about 200.00 . You will never look back.

Thank you so much!! I really appreciate you taking the time. I did read Tjost's post and at least now I know what I'm looking to pick up this weekend. Really cool of you to help me out...and I am loving Captain Ahab. The thought of Moby (The big white whale) flashed briefly for me when I saw the derby theme, but there was just no way to do it justice. Yours is simply awesommmee!! GMV =)

ressamac

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ressamac
Re: FFFFFUUUU...

Hilarious and awesome. I do worry that Woot doesn't have a shirt this color though. Unless it's my monitor?

apeman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages apeman
Re: Mad Cheshire (glow in the dark)

I heard this might look cool with glow in the dark ink so i had to give it a try and put it up regardless of whether it gets rejected. I hope you enjoy the simple glow and vote!!!

sabrinalgraham

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sabrinalgraham
SnowQueenVT wrote:Hi Jamesparkart!

I just noticed that KDEUCE whose design untitled madness (Right near the top at the fog a skull one) seems to be using the same brushes as you, I am very sorry if I advised you incorrectly about these effects...

I was trying to help because I like your concept. The rule is supposed to be , the art must be printable, to look like what the people voted for...so I don't know if your effect is something you can continue to enjoy the use of in your work or not!

Does anybody know?

I really like the robot in this design!!

I'd also really like to know about the brush thing too...I like the effect but won't even think about playing around with it and getting all attached if it's not allowed. Who needs that kind of disappointment??

SnowQueenVT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT
Re: Mood Swing (Bipolar Rep)

sabrinalgraham wrote:Thank you so much!! I really appreciate you taking the time. I did read Tjost's post and at least now I know what I'm looking to pick up this weekend. Really cool of you to help me out...and I am loving Captain Ahab. The thought of Moby (The big white whale) flashed briefly for me when I saw the derby theme, but there was just no way to do it justice. Yours is simply awesommmee!! GMV =)

Hi Sabrina!

You may already know this but the new derby topic is announced tomorrow (every thursday at 12 noon or 1 oclock depending on where you live, then friday at 12 or 1 oclock (again depending on where you live ) you can begin submitting your new designs, you can also submit up to 4 designs of your own choice each week as daily submissions!....I am so happy for you if you can grab yourself a tablet soon, mine is a wacom and I just got it because I sadly said to my family I just can't compete here without one and luckily for me it was also my birthday so......!

I have noticed that the designs submitted on FRIDAY have the best chance of winning and once the fog is established (Also on Friday, it is super hard to break in...so work towards entering as soon as you can, but if you don't love your design , do give yourself time to finish it.

Any-whoooo, it's so nice to meet you and I look forward very much to seeing more of yoyr stuff, I really do love your concept here and from the sweet sensitive faces on the girl I can tell you've got lots to express here! I have to go, I will check in later!
Luv, snowqueenvt

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

Kijad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kijad
Re: Pinkerton

The integration of the colour with the tee colour is pure amazing.

The whole thing is completely surreal / weird / crazy / perfectly applicable to the derby.

I would buy the hell out of this.

mcdonalg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mcdonalg
paigeg wrote:I'm not sure the aeons of global changes qualify as 'madness', no matter what you title it.

Respectfully...

I didn't draw four worlds and then title it that. I used the title from a very funny classic comedy to conceive the drawing. Which, from what I've seen from the submissions thus far, is part of the challenge (i.e. puns and/or obscure references).

From where we came from to where we are now, is madness. It's the fruits of chaos. And the concept I tried to illustrate is that as we become more civilized, and more "in order", things have gotten more mad than ever.

Zingaling

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Zingaling
Re: no more madness

Whoa! Dr. Mario attack!

chunkydesign

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chunkydesign
Re: FFFFFUUUU...

Great concept on this design. Maybe, not easily understandable for everyone, but I think the illustration is good enough to stand on its own, even for anyone who can't figure out the references behind it.

Ezshrkman

Re: Shaving Schedule

sorry man... its gonna get the axe! No text this week =(

Ezshrkman

Ezshrkman wrote:sorry man... its gonna get the axe! No text this week =(

and it needs to be on a shirt template.
here is a great summary of shirt.woot
dont give up =)
http://shirt.woot.com/forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=2279598

monkeyswag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages monkeyswag
Re: The Clockmaker

Outstanding work from a well matched team. Bravo!

ctdemonet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ctdemonet
Re: The Two Sides of Madness

That's a really sweet design! Must have taken a while. Got my +1

jabberjaws13

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jabberjaws13
Re: 1 ok 2 ok 3 ok 4 ok

i really want this to print, but in the event that is doesn't i want to tell edgar that i very much look forward to reading his new comics each week. when i am having a horrible day, i go read some comics and i am ok.

thanks edgar. super fetus!!!

Happy Beer.

bellarific

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bellarific
Re: UFegg

Dude. I keep coming back to this one. It's totally my favorite of the derby. Absolutely random and beyond hysterical. Can I at the very least have a print of it for my wall?

I just need it in my life. It makes me jovial.

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: UFegg

• Congratulations on winning a Best Loser Award!
  • This is not SPAM.
  • Winning a BLA does NOT mean this shirt won't print -- I'm hoping it does.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.
  • When time and space are through, I'll be found in you.

thatrobert

Re: Captain Ahab

• This is not SPAM.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.

thatrobert

Re: 9 mad'cacti

• This is not SPAM.

thatrobert

Re: Mass Hysteria

• This is not SPAM.

thatrobert

Re: The best people are...

• This is not SPAM.

thatrobert

Re: Sneakerhead

• This is not SPAM.

thatrobert

Re: My best friend

• This is not SPAM.

paigeg

paigeg wrote: I just choose to be a bit less - icky - in pointing out the problems.

Sorry, folks, if I make less sense than usual. I was cross-posting in two different threads. I got off on a tangent on ramyb's shirt, when I was also commenting on the threa dhere on Edgar's. Whoa! That pink and yellow must be infectious...

SnowQueenVT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT
thatrobert wrote:

• This is not SPAM.

Thankyou so much ThatRobert, I am honored honored honored...

also happy happy happy! (This means alot to me)

Merci , gracias and thankyou (I wish I knew more ways to say thankyou!)

(Looking forward to the new derby...see you then ...)

love-snowqueenvt

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

paigeg

Congrats to all getting the BLAs! That and my two cents will get you ougatz. But it's nice to know someone's paying attention...

mikenytola

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mikenytola
mg04 wrote:All of my shirts are BLUE!!! Please change the shirt color....

I'm still amazed how people are not tired of baby blue yet. That ruins this shirt for me. I love the design, hate the shirt color.

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
stingray69 wrote:I like the design but this was submitted on Threadless which is against woot rules.

Actually, it's not against the rules because it was never produced and distributed. As long as a shirts never been printed elswhere, almost all the contest sites allow resubs from other sites including Woot.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

mikenytola wrote:I'm still amazed how people are not tired of baby blue yet. That ruins this shirt for me. I love the design, hate the shirt color.

I don't understand the hate for baby blue. They've printed only two baby blues in the last two months. Why would people be "tired" of it? Black, Navy, and Asphalt are far more overused. In the last two months: Asphalt and black have both been printed 9 times and Navy 5. Black and Navy are very close in color you could pretty much lump those together and say there have been 14 black/near black shirts in the last two months -- almost 25%. Why aren't people tired of THOSE?

The bottom line is ANY color I picked would be complained about by someone. If I went with red it would be "sorry, can't wear red." If it was on black it'd be "too many black shirts!" I went with baby blue because it was either that or white to get across the feel of an institutional setting. I pretty much go with what I think works for the design.

JoshuaHippie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JoshuaHippie
Re: The Clockmaker

Do you use an art pad for your computer when you design stuff like this?

Love & peace
- the hippie

tjost

paigeg wrote:I concur. And thanks for being so open and helpful right here inthe derby forum. Maybe I'll go into the Community and find/start a 'help for noobs' forum. D'ya think some of the other experienced wooters would be inclined to answer questions? I'd hate to see Tjost spending inordinate amounts of time holding our hands, so if others were amenable...

I've been threatening to start one myself but dreading the amount of typing and image posting required I'm leaving for NY and the east coast for a week and won't be by a computer during this whole weekend, so thanks to everyone who supported this. My brothers supposed to call me if it gets printed so I'm going to be on pins and needles by the phone Thanks again!

WanderingRaccoon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WanderingRaccoon
Re: Mad Cheshire (glow in the dark)

This is gonna be rejected. Woot doesn't allow dery shirts to use Glow in the Dark ink.

tjost

tgentry wrote:I don't understand the hate for baby blue. They've printed only two baby blues in the last two months. Why would people be "tired" of it? Black, Navy, and Asphalt are far more overused. In the last two months: Asphalt and black have both been printed 9 times and Navy 5. Black and Navy are very close in color you could pretty much lump those together and say there have been 14 black/near black shirts in the last two months -- almost 25%. Why aren't people tired of THOSE?

The bottom line is ANY color I picked would be complained about by someone. If I went with red it would be "sorry, can't wear red." If it was on black it'd be "too many black shirts!" I went with baby blue because it was either that or white to get across the feel of an institutional setting. I pretty much go with what I think works for the design.

Baby blues still not as hated as the dreaded Heather Grey MWAHAHAHA (that was evil laughter) Great job again Travis, hope this makes it to print, it's well deserved.

thatrobert

tjost wrote:Actually, it's not against the rules because it was never produced and distributed. As long as a shirts never been printed elswhere, almost all the contest sites allow resubs from other sites including Woot.

Nope. Legally, probably none of the sites allow simultaneous entries. They're looking for the exclusive ability to print for a short time (most sites 90 days, Woot is 60). Threadless doesn't seem to pay too much attention to subs in other locales but Woot will reject this.