chunkydesign

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chunkydesign
Re: Mass Hysteria

I really like the grafical style on this illustration and the concept behind it, but not so much the use of black. Looking at the shirt, the area of black seems a bit too big and heavy.

chunkydesign

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chunkydesign
Re: Madness? This is Ratta

Lots of nice details to apreciate here. Not so fond of the choice of asphalt as the tee color, but anyway, great illustration.

itoaseik

quality posts: 2 Private Messages itoaseik
Kijad wrote:The integration of the colour with the tee colour is pure amazing.

The whole thing is completely surreal / weird / crazy / perfectly applicable to the derby.

I would buy the hell out of this.

Seconded. Only shirt I've bought two of was edgar's Air, but this might be number 2. This is my favorite entry of what I think is the best derby in a while.

spilzer

quality posts: 119 Private Messages spilzer
Re: Constant Companion

I know the character in the movie looks a lot different from this antlered one, but for some reason this keeps reminding me of Donnie Darko.

Very cool picture, though it's a little to dark for my taste.

ralenth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ralenth

Very cute!

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
Lagbert wrote:But threadless' terms of submission, say that regardless of whether or not they print it you surrender all rights to your design. Unlike woot they do not have a 60 days and you get your design back policy.

Not that either. From Threadless:

In addition, by submitting your Design, you may not reproduce, sell, or submit the Design to others for any commercial purpose for ninety (90) days after the date of submission while the Design is being evaluated by Threadless.com. Once the ninety (90) days have passed, if your Design is not chosen for print by Threadless.com, you are free to use the Design for any commercial or non-commercial purpose.

februarystar27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages februarystar27
JesseBYAH wrote:I like that you snuck in a teapot that looks like Mrs. Potts from Beauty and the Beast =) (The one closest to Alice, pouring right on the top of her umbrella)

I saw Mrs. Potts too.

SpikyRose

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SpikyRose
Re: Shadow Madness

Can you buy the derby shirts? or do they have to win? I want so many! >.<

SpikyRose

Re: The Mad Catterpillar's Party

after seeing alice in wonderland, I've started to like alot of items pertaining to it.

SpikyRose

Re: Madness? This is Ratta

this just looks cool! :D

Think149

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Think149

Ok. I understand the no celebrity likeness rule, although I wouldn't exactly consider Hunter S. Thompson a celebrity. That's kinda like saying Edgar Allan Poe is a celebrity.

As far as the other rules that I broke. No where does it say "No Gradients." On the submission page it says "Gradients and halftones are strongly discouraged (for now)." I honestly didn't even see that rule until you just pointed it out. And it being "outside printable area," I'm not even exactly sure what that means? It wasn't overlapping any boarders of the shirt. And if it was, couldn't it just be resized for printing?

This IS my first derby entry so I really am not familiar with all of the rules. I thought the only rules were the rules listed on the main derby page. "No Video Game References," "No Text," and "No Bunnies."

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
CrescentDebris wrote:I used GIMP to color this actually. It supports .psd files so doing these collabs are possible even using two different programs. Awesome!

Even better! I have an old version of Adobe on my PC, and I'll install GIMP on my laptop. I'll be able to work anywhere. Cool! Thanks, CrescentDebris!

paigeg

SnowQueenVT wrote:Your grandmother sounds like a wonderful person!
Thanks for the vote ,HIppie-hippie-bo-bippy-banana-fana-fo fippy-fe-fi-fo-fippy...HIPPIE!

By the way, you just called Drakxxx your FIEND!(don't edit too funny!)

Must. Stop. Laughing...
Drakxxx is a fiend and it seems like SnowQueenVT has been into the "maple syrup" *Nod-nod-wink-wink*.

paigeg

SpikyRose wrote:Can you buy the derby shirts? or do they have to win? I want so many! >.<

Sadly, you can buy only the top three finishers after the Derby. The following Monday (or when they get around to it), Woot puts out a list of Honorable Mentions from the derby. They then compete against each other and HMs from other derbies and, again, the top three print.
If there's something you really want and it may not/doesn't print, PM the artist and let them know you'd like to know if the design is submitted/printed elsewhere. That's the best you can do. Plus I'm sure it gives the artist a warm-fuzzy. :D

paigeg

Think149 wrote:Ok. I understand the no celebrity likeness rule, although I wouldn't exactly consider Hunter S. Thompson a celebrity. That's kinda like saying Edgar Allan Poe is a celebrity.

As far as the other rules that I broke. No where does it say "No Gradients." On the submission page it says "Gradients and halftones are strongly discouraged (for now)." I honestly didn't even see that rule until you just pointed it out. And it being "outside printable area," I'm not even exactly sure what that means? It wasn't overlapping any boarders of the shirt. And if it was, couldn't it just be resized for printing?

This IS my first derby entry so I really am not familiar with all of the rules. I thought the only rules were the rules listed on the main derby page. "No Video Game References," "No Text," and "No Bunnies."

The rules are posted here: https://shirt.woot.com/Member/ContestUpload.aspx, which is where I think you saw the gradients thing. Woot has been known to reinterpret its own rules at will, so most folks just avoid things that may or may not get the ax - like gradients. AS for the print size, stick with the 16X20 rule. It'd be great if Woot could print larger (and I'm quite sure they could if they wanted to), but for a contest it might seem unfair to pit a smaller design against a full-shirt design of equal quality. Hence, the 'rule'. Again, Woot's rules are occasionally plastic, but it's safer to play them than take risks.
And DON'T violate the 'no bunnies' rule, even perceptually: http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=40855. Lol!

coolestghoul

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coolestghoul
Re: Distinguished Wear for the Casual Scientist

I love me some Dr. Horrible! Though, this looks like it is probably outside the printable area. Bummerz.

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 128 Private Messages DianaSprinkle

Oh I hope this one prints. Of the shirts in the fog this is the one I want most.

eye4spot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eye4spot
Re: 1 ok 2 ok 3 ok 4 ok

I keep coming back to look....what a great design!

paigeg

>sigh< Can no one get Edgar or kdeuce into the fog and the bipolar butterflies OUT? I HATE not knowing what the margin is...

snydermjss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snydermjss
paigeg wrote:Hate to say it, but this looks like a direct lift from an image on MySpace hosted on Photobucket - I can't get to it from this puter (damn web filters). But it's a computer-generated image, and this looks like a filled/distorted version of it. Unless it's yours, there may be copyright issues (unless that is your copyright on the comp, which also isn't allowed).

I did this w/ my friend. My concept, his drawing.

paigeg

snydermjss wrote:I did this w/ my friend. My concept, his drawing.

Good to know. I knew I was able to find the image, but the filters on our Internet access at work wouldn't let me go to MySpace (blocked: Social Networking). Like I said - stupid filters!
No offense intended...

Lagbert

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lagbert
thatrobert wrote:Not that either. From Threadless:

In addition, by submitting your Design, you may not reproduce, sell, or submit the Design to others for any commercial purpose for ninety (90) days after the date of submission while the Design is being evaluated by Threadless.com. Once the ninety (90) days have passed, if your Design is not chosen for print by Threadless.com, you are free to use the Design for any commercial or non-commercial purpose.

Good to know. I haven't read through their submission agreement in awhile. Last time I looked, I thought it said they held the rights permanently.

SnowQueenVT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT

RE joshua hippie tries to type friend but instead types fiend! and snowqueenvt sings a special song she wrote just for Joshua hippie!

paigeg wrote:Must. Stop. Laughing...
Drakxxx is a fiend and it seems like SnowQueenVT has been into the "maple syrup" *Nod-nod-wink-wink*.

......COFFEE!!!

(I can't wait for tomorrow night , I am going to drink LOTS OF COFFEE, stay up all night and TRY to make that evil 1 pm deadline)Good luck to the winners and TO us all goodnight!

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

mitchellp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mitchellp
Re: Taco Jesus

By the way, you'll always be rejected for copying someone else's work too.

http://rlv.zcache.com/taco_jesus_tshirt-p235441709985888789qmr8_400.jpg

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2
Re: Pinkerton

Just wanted to give another quick thanks to everyone who voted and commented on this one. I'm pretty happy with how this idea turned out so I'm glad to have such positive feedback so far.
Thanks a billion!

stingray69

quality posts: 4 Private Messages stingray69

Thanks for clarifying, guys. I had meant that the design is still up for voting at Threadless which is clearly a problem, not just that it had been submitted. However, tjost is right in that woot's written guidelines don't specifically prohibit this (that I can see). Of course they don't specifically state a lot of things that would be helpful...

MiThRaZoR

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MiThRaZoR
Re: The Two Sides of Madness

If this shirt doesn't win, I'm coming to skeet all over whoever didn't vote for this shirt.

JRWorkshop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JRWorkshop
MiThRaZoR wrote:If this shirt doesn't win, I'm coming to skeet all over whoever didn't vote for this shirt.

Well... Start cuz nothing is gonna make me vote for this C.R.4.P

TheyKilledKenny

quality posts: 2 Private Messages TheyKilledKenny
Re: The Lady who Lives in the Woods (resub)

Fantastic... Good theme...

Excuse Me Maam, Your Woot is Showing...

TheyKilledKenny

SnowQueenVT wrote:Hi theykilledkenney,I've missed you!!

Funny shirt, straight to the point!!

Thanks Snow Queen... Life's been a little busy lately, but I'm carving out some time to make some more shirts...

TheyKilledKenny

Re: Penicillophobie

For some reason... I like it...

TheyKilledKenny

Re: My Little Box

Just... Really... Good...

TheyKilledKenny

This has some really exciting elements... and no Johnny Depp!!! Love It...

PotatoLegs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PotatoLegs
Re: 1 ok 2 ok 3 ok 4 ok

PRINT, DAMN YOU, PRINT!

TheyKilledKenny

Re: The Clockmaker

I love the menacing feel to the clock faces...

TheyKilledKenny

Re: Crazy Straw

The crazy straw is like an extruded cross between Hannibal & Patrick the Starfish...

TheyKilledKenny

phild3791 wrote:This is great. I want one.

ibid.

TheyKilledKenny

Re: The Nutty Nut Cracker!

I is crazy...

PotatoLegs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PotatoLegs

TheyKilledKenny

Re: no more madness