pollenator77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pollenator77
Re: S is for Storybook

Of the two collage of silhouettes, I like this one much better. It has more coherence outside of the derby theme.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Starry-Eyed Spatula
dougblair3 wrote:Awesome. My mom would love this.

Great! Because she is familiar with the inspiration, or because she loves spatulas?;)

colinm09

quality posts: 70 Private Messages colinm09
patrickspens wrote:this was basically my thinking when i made this. I tried it without and found it was a bit lifeless.

Rings aren't living though. With the face it doesn't feel "alive"...it feels like a face from Clip Art. You should have either put more effort into it (you have good colors in the design that could be used for eyes) or not done it at all. In this case, no face is better than the face you have.

-Matt Colin

pollenator77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pollenator77
Re: Still-life in Stone

I see the improvements over the pre-derby version, but they still look alive to me, not frozen mid-scream. Fun concept, though.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 214 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Sakura-oni Springtime

Aw, thanks keelhaulkate. You're always there with the nice comments. Much appreciated.

Sakura-oni did not exist in Japanese folklore until this shirt, so don't try looking them up. -__^

solipherus

quality posts: 1 Private Messages solipherus
Re: We are Siamese

I love this. owo

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik
Re: Starbucks Squirrel

learn some new tricks.

please.

colinm09

quality posts: 70 Private Messages colinm09

I was bummed about not getting the guacamole shirt...so this one's just gonna have to print instead. I love it, as always. Your colors are beautiful and your designs are always so fun. You are one of the best each and every week. Keep up the awesome work.

-Matt Colin

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
bluetuba wrote:Why are the souls happy?!

hehe I was wondering that too. I actually find it kind of cute, that they seem so happy imprisoned in that jar.

repoman86

quality posts: 3 Private Messages repoman86
AdderXYU wrote:"As always, though, pop-culture stuff like Snakes on a Plane is not owned by us (yet!) and is thus unprintable. So don't waste your time."

I'm not holding my breath for this to actually be enforced, but I'm quite interested to know when woot obtained ownership of the Tolkien estate as well as the films which lent this specific imagery.

It's a reference, not an actual licensed imaged. Take "Faster, Higher, Stronger, Aimier" for example...not to mention all of the other StarWars references there have been in the past...and Mario...all those Mario's...

eye4spot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eye4spot
Re: Smooth Surfing Shark

Nice simple design..very wearable...gmv!

Johndis5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Johndis5
AdderXYU wrote:"As always, though, pop-culture stuff like Snakes on a Plane is not owned by us (yet!) and is thus unprintable. So don't waste your time."

I'm not holding my breath for this to actually be enforced, but I'm quite interested to know when woot obtained ownership of the Tolkien estate as well as the films which lent this specific imagery.

Not to mention that there is text. It may be "made up" text, but it's still text. A "P" is a "P" whether or not it is followed by letters that would make a word.

loveengrey

quality posts: 5 Private Messages loveengrey

Very good use of the shirt color. Love this one

eye4spot

Re: Sirens

It is hard to see the detail of the total design, but I really like the concept and color selection.

GMV...because it takes me back to 'Greek and Roman Civilization' courses I took as an undergrad.

eye4spot

Re: Sea Creature

You get my vote this week...very nice work...great detail on the diver!

loveengrey

This is gonna print about as well as Sullen did, which isn't very well at all. It even sort of looks the same to me

CapSea

quality posts: 54 Private Messages CapSea
Re: Soulmates

I agree that the eyes and mouth should stay. I would only suggest that the mouth and left eye be moved over slightly. Currently they are on the part of the ring that curves inward, while the other eye is on the ring base.

danwo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danwo
Re: Sunsplash

I think this looks great! The colors really pop on the shirt. However, it is a bit to girly for me so I wouldn't wear it, but GMV!

TobiasAmaranth

quality posts: 22 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth
solipherus wrote:I love this. owo

owowo

Support Fablefire: Follow her on -

CapSea

quality posts: 54 Private Messages CapSea
Re: Struggling Songbird

Holy hell, this is brilliant.

eye4spot

Re: Sweet Saturn Swish, Sucka

Funny, and well executed. GMV

loveengrey

As usual this is really good. I love your style. My only complaint is that the suction cups of the sushi tentacle sorta look like eyes, and cause of that it took me a little while to figure out what was going on in the shirt.

Misskari

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Misskari

Hey, lookit that. You attempted an expression.

stardamsel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages stardamsel
pollenator77 wrote:Of the two collage of silhouettes, I like this one much better. It has more coherence outside of the derby theme.

Thanks for the feedback, pollenator77; I came up with this design a couple of weeks ago and decided it'd work for this derby. :-)

loveengrey

Those wasabi pillows are pretty hot =p

loveengrey

Spiritgreen

Re: Skateboarding Sloth

The other sloths' minds have just been blown. Physical activity!

Nice work khk! :^)

meldavidson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meldavidson
Re: Split Spirit of Steam v.2

I like steampunk, cool design. But this image looks like each character is grabbing the others crotch.

loveengrey

This has gotta be one of the best shirt designs ive ever seen. Ever.

Spiritgreen

Re: Salty Sea Snack

This is one of my faves so far.

I really like the final changes you made. And I love the wobbly octopus cranium!

loveengrey

Yeeeee this ones so nice to look at.

loveengrey

Damn really now? This one only has like 8 votes? This ones too good not to be fogging right now.

mikenytola

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mikenytola
jewelwing wrote:Wasn't thinking Sumatran, but that would work!

You're getting warmer...

Strinoceros? Or maybe Strinoceba? That or Steven, has to be Steven I think.

BrettWalking

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BrettWalking
Re: Solar Eclipse

It's a bird!
No, it's a plane!
Oh, wait. Yeah, it's a bird.
Those solar eclipses sure do a number on your eyes.

Acorns

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Acorns
Re: Secret of the Sharpener

I guess this proves why the electric sharpener didn't work when I jammed the pencil in. Sorry lil' dude.

krazyloon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krazyloon

This is freakin' awesome...your best in awhile. I love the merging of mythology and fruit. I hope this gets more votes soon. C'mon people...this is good stuff and I want to wear it.

Adam7986

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Adam7986

It is incredible that when nothing is wrong with the design people stretch so far to bring ramy down. The inhaler and the human foot in a cast...Really? It's pretty obviously a coffee cup.

It's not something I will buy but seriously the ramy hating is getting ridiculous.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Misskari wrote:Hey, lookit that. You attempted an expression.

-guffaw-

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
Re: Steampunk Seahorse

Really cool and great colors.

bennydougs

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bennydougs
Re: Superhero Stegosaurus Saves the Species

great illo and use of halftones