AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
repoman86 wrote:It's a reference, not an actual licensed imaged. Take "Faster, Higher, Stronger, Aimier" for example...not to mention all of the other StarWars references there have been in the past...and Mario...all those Mario's...

All of which should, by woot's comment, never have printed. There are non-licensed images that could be created of snakes on planes too, obviously.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 217 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Steamrolled

Gotta say, I love the faces on this.

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
Re: Salty Sea Snack (On Black)

great design. The moon highlight almost make me want to squint.

AdderXYU

Karrde86 wrote:Great concept! Personally, I would like the "Snow?" question to be on the shirt, but alas for the text rule.

How would that improve it? Did soko not make the little imps look questioning enough, or does this not look snow-ish to you?

Never explain a simple visual joke with text when the visual itself makes it obvious. That would be called "ruining it" in normal parlance.

Andy47240

Re: Seafood Sushi

Very clever.

Andy47240

Re: Secret of the Sharpener

I know I have seen this design somewhere for sure. It may have been when you got printed somewhere and your portfolio was listed or something. Have you entered it at threadless or similar site?

kateybee

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kateybee

This is brilliant!!! I love, love, love this shirt! I do wish it wasn't on yellow. But even so, I would buy this in a second!

AdderXYU

Adam7986 wrote:It is incredible that when nothing is wrong with the design people stretch so far to bring ramy down. The inhaler and the human foot in a cast...Really? It's pretty obviously a coffee cup.

It's not something I will buy but seriously the ramy hating is getting ridiculous.

I don't know that the "this is the same thing as always" critiques are stretching. As for the others, Wooters regularly have illegitimate critiques of what things look like on all tees. That's how woot works.

The coffee squirrel, however, looks like a drippy faced person from Close to Home with anime eyes. So maybe you could argue it ISNT the same exact thing as always.

riffmaster18

quality posts: 5 Private Messages riffmaster18
Re: The Salamander Swashbuckler and his Snail Sidekick

second thing that came to mind for "s" words...I know I always go with the obvious

Hey Artists! Post your favorite design to my wall from your Facebook page. If I use your image I always link back to you.

kyougoh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kyougoh
Re: sentience

Reminds me of Perry Bible Fellowship. Love it. GMV

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Re: Starbucks Squirrel

Doesn't woot sell the designs using the artist's title?

Just seems like this would run afoul of the whole use of someone else's trademark rule.

edit: cool how drinking a Starbucks' latte makes your tail about 30% longer than your poor, uncaffeinated buddy's tail.

xazothia

quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia
Adam7986 wrote:It is incredible that when nothing is wrong with the design people stretch so far to bring ramy down. The inhaler and the human foot in a cast...Really? It's pretty obviously a coffee cup.

It's not something I will buy but seriously the ramy hating is getting ridiculous.

I'll give you that the complaints about the appearance of the coffee cups are a little bit of a stretch, but I would hardly say there's "nothing wrong" with this design.

My biggest problem (aside from the usual and/or what's already been said) is that the tail of the squirrel on the right looks stunted. Like the edge of the paper/canvas was reached and that was the end of it. It looks less than squirrel-like, consequently. If it was at least the same length as the other squirrel's it wouldn't be an issue. Call it nitpicking, but when you include a detail like Mister Sleepy carrying his breakfast (I actually think it's a nice touch!) but fall through on something simple, it brings a design down.

xazothia

quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia
Josephus wrote:Doesn't woot sell the designs using the artist's title?

Just seems like this would run afoul of the whole use of someone else's trademark rule.

Woot will change titles if they're unacceptable and/or if they can come up with something funnier.

bennydougs

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bennydougs
Andy47240 wrote:I know I have seen this design somewhere for sure. It may have been when you got printed somewhere and your portfolio was listed or something. Have you entered it at threadless or similar site?

yes, it was up for voting at threadless over 90 days ago. I dont think woot has any issues with that.

Archon25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Archon25
Re: Soulmates

Very close to being awesome, but I have to side with the people who don't like the face.

streetwalkincheetah

quality posts: 1 Private Messages streetwalkincheetah

Andy47240 wrote:I know I have seen this design somewhere for sure. It may have been when you got printed somewhere and your portfolio was listed or something. Have you entered it at threadless or similar site?

http://www.threadless.com/profile/767117/bennyd302/submissions

eye4spot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eye4spot
Re: Stegosaurus String Solo (on Stilts)

remarkable, I do not wear yellow shirts, but if this prints, I will....great color combination .........GMV

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
xazothia wrote:I'll give you that the complaints about the appearance of the coffee cups are a little bit of a stretch, but I would hardly say there's "nothing wrong" with this design.

My biggest problem (aside from the usual and/or what's already been said) is that the tail of the squirrel on the right looks stunted. Like the edge of the paper/canvas was reached and that was the end of it. It looks less than squirrel-like, consequently. If it was at least the same length as the other squirrel's it wouldn't be an issue. Call it nitpicking, but when you include a detail like Mister Sleepy carrying his breakfast (I actually think it's a nice touch!) but fall through on something simple, it brings a design down.

I intentionally made the tail shorter to try to differentiate between them more-so. For some reason the shorter tail made him look less active to me, which is what I was looking to do. Because of the color limitations on woot, I unfortunately didn't have the liberty of giving them slightly different tints in color, so I was looking for ways to give the two characters different personalities aside from the facial expressions. I guess I could have made the difference a bit less pronounced though. I'm glad you took the time to notice the detail of his bringing his food with him to work though instead of just dismissing the design at first glance, and can see your point in the critique.

Thanks to everyone who has enjoyed the design, I had a lot of fun putting it together (and as much as I tried, I still can't see the human foot thing). I also tried a lot of different shirt colors for this actually, but nothing else gave me the Monday morning kind of feel that I wanted. Maybe it's related to the fact that I feel like I relate more so to the one on the right, but I think it sets the mood well either way. It also helps that asphalt happens to be my favorite shirt color, though I know that isn't the case for everyone.

anjulka

quality posts: 5 Private Messages anjulka
Re: Single Stormcloud Soaking Someone when Suddenly...

Truffle, I think I look at your monsters like many women look at babies. Soooo cute!

The Tim

quality posts: 31 Private Messages The Tim
Re: sentience

That tears it. I've given up all hope for the shirt.woot voting masses. This is in 10th place (as of this writing), but 'Starbucks Squirrel' and 'Silent Seahorse' are in the fog?

So wrong.

D3lusional

quality posts: 2 Private Messages D3lusional
Re: S is for Storybook

I like the idea, but it's much to boxy for my tastes.

kaseyfleming

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kaseyfleming
The Tim wrote:That tears it. I've given up all hope for the shirt.woot voting masses. This is in 10th place (as of this writing), but 'Starbucks Squirrel' and 'Silent Seahorse' are in the fog?

So wrong.

*cough* agreed *cough*

slomer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slomer

I <3 this shirt

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
ramyb wrote:I intentionally made the tail shorter to try to differentiate between them more-so. For some reason the shorter tail made him look less active to me, which is what I was looking to do. Because of the color limitations on woot, I unfortunately didn't have the liberty of giving them slightly different tints in color, so I was looking for ways to give the two characters different personalities aside from the facial expressions. I guess I could have made the difference a bit less pronounced though. I'm glad you took the time to notice the detail of his bringing his food with him to work though instead of just dismissing the design at first glance, and can see your point in the critique.

Thanks to everyone who has enjoyed the design, I had a lot of fun putting it together (and as much as I tried, I still can't see the human foot thing). I also tried a lot of different shirt colors for this actually, but nothing else gave me the Monday morning kind of feel that I wanted. Maybe it's related to the fact that I feel like I relate more so to the one on the right, but I think it sets the mood well either way. It also helps that asphalt happens to be my favorite shirt color, though I know that isn't the case for everyone.

I don't see the foot thing either. I do think it might have worked better if you had made the tail thinner, less fluffy, dragging more, but the same length as your caffeinated squirrel. Real squirrels tails often are much thinner anyway. I can relate to the expression on the right, too.

BrettWalking

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BrettWalking
Re: Stupid Thing to do on a Safari

This would be loads better if it wasn't silhouettes

Andy47240

streetwalkincheetah wrote:http://www.threadless.com/profile/767117/bennyd302/submissions

Ah yes, It shows that I gave it a 5, so I must really liked it then as well.

anthrochick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anthrochick

Oh i really hope this one makes it! I really really want a shirt with your monsters--they remind me of everything great about childhood...which may just mean I have very strange memories...

keelhaulkate

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keelhaulkate

haha! very nice

Azurett

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Azurett
Re: Silent Seahorse

I really like this! Nice details and I like how you did the back of the seahorse with the branches. Probably one of the only white shirts and one of the only shirts with a design on the side of a shirt I would buy.

gre9del

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gre9del

great expressions, always look for these guys each week!

VIIIofXIII

quality posts: 0 Private Messages VIIIofXIII
Re: Steampunk Seahorse

I liked this until I scrolled down and saw how it looked on the shirt, and then I loved it. This is a rare design that I feel really works better as a shirt than it does on its own, and that's a good thing. Awesome work.

midstarrynight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages midstarrynight
Re: Some Simple Saucers Soaring

reminds me of the x-files..."The truth is out there!"

midstarrynight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages midstarrynight
Re: Some Simple Saucers Soaring

Oh, and I absolutely adore the x-files. So that's a good thing.

Muppethero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Muppethero
Re: Sunny Day, Sweeping the Clouds Away...

I love this shirt!
the design could be a little bigger! 8 _)

emptyplatitudes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emptyplatitudes
capedcrusader514 wrote:Everyone loves supersoakers. Come on people!

cool.

esquaredequine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages esquaredequine

LOVE IT! I wanna buy two

MaliceKaiser

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MaliceKaiser

The problem I see with this shirt is the size/placement. I think the design comes way too close to the armpit; it will probably not look so hot when worn, especially on a girl's shirt.

Other than that I freaking love it. :D

mikenytola

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mikenytola
pollenator77 wrote:Ok, looks like you might have drawn it yourself, but certainly not an original idea. I bought a shirt with this concept at Target or Kohls or Walmart a few years ago, and have a copy of the color cartoon on my computer.

Reminds me a little to much of this:

mikenytola

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mikenytola

Really? You can't be serious.

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
loveengrey wrote:Damn really now? This one only has like 8 votes? This ones too good not to be fogging right now.

Thanks! It's a bummer to see my design sitting at the bottom of the list, but posts like this encourage me to keep going!