cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2
bluetuba wrote:Why are the souls happy?!

Well, he DID poke holes in the lid.

jeanerz13

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jeanerz13
Re: Simple Solid Shirt

Can you really claim the template as your own design? Hmmmm...I'll be interested in what the rejectionator has to say about this one. Maybe I should go call dibs on black.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Sleepy Sushi
loveengrey wrote:Those wasabi pillows are pretty hot =p

lol yes... they give quite a kick!

jeanerz13

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jeanerz13
Re: Spotlight on a Scared Strawberry and Squash

First thing to come to mind -- Veggie Tales!

thrawnfett

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thrawnfett
Re: Sunny Day, Sweeping the Clouds Away...

Hahahaha. Great idea!

stpatty3172000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stpatty3172000
Re: s is for spermatozoa

AWESOME!!!

orzine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages orzine
odysseyroc wrote:Thanks! It's a bummer to see my design sitting at the bottom of the list, but posts like this encourage me to keep going!

straight up b-boy! where are you from and do you write?

mikenytola

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mikenytola

I like the seahorse, but the halftones kind of ruin it for me. They don't really need to be there.

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
orzine wrote:straight up b-boy! where are you from and do you write?

I'm from Los Angeles, I haven't written since the mid 90's. I wrote odyssey 149, the crews I was from were C2D and TCS.

espetrell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages espetrell
Re: Soulmates

This design made me pound my fist on the sofa arm and yell "Yes!" because of its awesomeness. GMV!

orzine

odysseyroc wrote:I'm from Los Angeles, I haven't written since the mid 90's. I wrote odyssey 149, the crews I was from were C2D and TCS.

damn rough, LA. if you havent written since the mid 90s i doubt ive seen your handywork. got any photos? i never picked up the can, but my marker collection was FAT. i find myself still checking the websites. did you see the OTR cigarrete marker?

odysseyroc

orzine wrote:damn rough, LA. if you havent written since the mid 90s i doubt ive seen your handywork. got any photos? i never picked up the can, but my marker collection was FAT. i find myself still checking the websites. did you see the OTR cigarrete marker?

Where are you from? The only picture I still have is a little silver and black throw up character that i did at my friends house. His backyard was like our own personal yard. We'd all get together and do productions, then go over them the next week. I have a bunch of pics of other graf from that era though, the infamous Hex vs Slick battle, a bunch of other stuff, Mear one, Sk8, Skill, etc. I can scan some of them and put 'em on photobucket or something if you want to see what was jumping off in those days.

riffmaster18

quality posts: 5 Private Messages riffmaster18
Re: The Salamander Swashbuckler and his Snail Sidekick

revised...it occurred to me that the rope didn't look right, and wasn't necessary. Anyway, hope you like it, thanks!

Hey Artists! Post your favorite design to my wall from your Facebook page. If I use your image I always link back to you.

AZsabin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages AZsabin
Re: We are Siamese

Creepy and cute at the same time. Well done!

orzine

odysseyroc wrote:Where are you from? The only picture I still have is a little silver and black throw up character that i did at my friends house. His backyard was like our own personal yard. We'd all get together and do productions, then go over them the next week. I have a bunch of pics of other graf from that era though, the infamous Hex vs Slick battle, a bunch of other stuff, Mear one, Sk8, Skill, etc. I can scan some of them and put 'em on photobucket or something if you want to see what was jumping off in those days.

im from north OC. i dont really get out much anymore. the old lady keeps me locked down. she wont even let me keep my markers in the house! but that didnt stop her from using them to create some organic textures for herself. im really glad to see some graff related work here on woot. dont lose hope though, graff is something wooters just dont seem to understand. but a good fusion of b boy style with something more paletable, i think, could go far.

btw, i loved your banana b boy. dripping with style

stardamsel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages stardamsel
D3lusional wrote:I like the idea, but it's much to boxy for my tastes.

Hmmm, not feelin' it, eh? <:-/

fftkrazee

quality posts: 3 Private Messages fftkrazee
Re: sentience

i LOVE the way the thought bubble encapsulates the design. awesome!

odysseyroc

orzine wrote:im from north OC. i dont really get out much anymore. the old lady keeps me locked down. she wont even let me keep my markers in the house! but that didnt stop her from using them to create some organic textures for herself. im really glad to see some graff related work here on woot. dont lose hope though, graff is something wooters just dont seem to understand. but a good fusion of b boy style with something more paletable, i think, could go far.

btw, i loved your banana b boy. dripping with style

Yeah, hip-hop isn't on the radar for most of the woot fanbase. I feel like a dinosaur anyways, because I favor the real old school style of b-boys with Kangol "bermuda casuals" and Cazal frames. I'm glad you like it though, I love graffiti style b-boy characters.

I never had a great marker collections. I remember the CBS kids had 4 finger Unis that were juiced to the max. All the people in my neck of the woods were all into mean streaks, they'd freeze them, chop them up and make 2 or 3 colored paint sticks out of them. Those were the days.

The Huntington Beach wall was the best legal spot back in the days. NASA crew was running it!

kolorblindd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kolorblindd
Re: Satan's pet souls.

Another Amazing design Edgar.
My favorite since Air.

GMV

Wish it would just...stay..in...the...fog

Draug

quality posts: 69 Private Messages Draug
Re: Starbucks Squirrel

These squirrels look vaguely fox-like. Especially in the tails.

The enemy's gate is down.
Writers are people too! (Albeit strange ones.)
Save Poe! Reckon Nevermore! Or he'll be head-locked forevermore!

Draug

Re: Splash into my Space Ship

This would be really cool if it, you know...followed woot's submission/design size specs.

Just a thought...

kdeuce

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdeuce
loveengrey wrote:This is gonna print about as well as Sullen did, which isn't very well at all. It even sort of looks the same to me

true, my Sullen shirt didn't print well. it was a good way to see where the limit of woot's halftone printing capabilities are and what i could've done differently to make it print better. i looked at it closely and made sure i didn't make the same mistake with this design.

DPMStudent2013

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DPMStudent2013

Re: The Salamander Swashbuckler and his Snail Sidekick

Love it, but not a black shirt fan. Would have looked good on a diff. color. Awesome design though

what up

DPMStudent2013

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DPMStudent2013
Re: Seafood Sushi

Too good for words. Brilliant, and I'm not a SB fan. Squidward sushi rocks

what up

qphelixqp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages qphelixqp
Re: Single Stormcloud Soaking Someone when Suddenly...

do you have a portfolio/website with your adorable creatures? I am voting and now posting this on my Facebook page to my 1400 friends - this needs more votes!

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2
Re: Split Spirit of Steam v.2

As clean as this illustration is, it really bothers me that her eye is in front of her hair. I'm also not crazy about the mirrored image. Sorry. This one's not for me.

Draug

Re: My snailmail arrived!

Oh this is nice! :D Voted!

walmazan

quality posts: 65 Private Messages walmazan
Re: sentience

crazy good! I love it!

Nekkochan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Nekkochan

You know, in real life a snail this size would almost certainly be horrifying - think of the mess - but on the shirt it's kind of cute. I do like the childlike feel of this.

Draug

Re: S is for Storybook

I really do wish this had more votes. But perhaps we can hope for an HM? :D

thrawnfett

I like it. Very clever

kettletoast

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kettletoast
jasneko wrote:I like this

Thank you, Jasneko!

thrawnfett

Re: spirituality

It would look better if you got rid of the black outline around the image.

danwo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danwo
theWanker wrote:I nuked the Woot logo, since that seems to be a no-no. I also put the comp on a real photograph, since it better demonstrates how the gray gets knocked out.

This is three color--black, white and yellow.

Thanks everybody for all the feedback!

Sorry but I find this to be a horrible idea.

Mancho

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Mancho
Re: SALSA!

5 tomatoes and 2 jalapeños? Man, what a weak-ass salsa.

avhienda01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages avhienda01
Re: SALSA!

Your color choices are always so lovely! That red really pops. GMV.

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Splash into my Space Ship

As Draug pointed out, you cannot print across the whole shirt, just a set area (16"x20" I think) on either the front to or the back. No sleeves allowed.

Another thing you need to know is that thin lines tend not to print well. Neither do dark colors on black shirts.

There are some great ideas in this design. I recommend you take a look at other designs, check the rules on the submission pge, and change this design to make it more printable.

xazothia

quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia

I think this is both subtly cute and clever. Snails truly are one of earth's gentlest and least understood creatures.

I love the stamps/stickers on the snail's shell.

Javrixx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Javrixx
Re: Singing Snails Sailing on the Sea

Great second submission!