mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Something Quite Atrocious

Both the Superman logo and the X are text, which is not allowed this week.

You really need to change the man peeing as well, since woot is usually very strict about bathroom jokes and staying PG-13.

mjc613

Re: Sandwich or Sand Witch?

Looks like gradients were used, or there are too many colors.

chiefcrazyshoes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chiefcrazyshoes

I don't get it.

radiomode

quality posts: 3 Private Messages radiomode
Re: There's plenty o' fish in the sea

And they are all sharks!

xazothia

quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia
radiomode wrote:And they are all sharks!

tell me about it... :P

gmv. love the eyepatch.

chiefcrazyshoes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chiefcrazyshoes

Would the fine detail of the astronauts reproduce well at such a small size?

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik
Re: Steamrolled

very nice this week, Boots!

I luvz me some cartoon carnage!

XshadowraithX

quality posts: 0 Private Messages XshadowraithX
Re: Silent Seahorse

love it. takes up most (lengthwise) of the shirt without overwhelming it all. love the colors and the edgey touches. shouldn't wear this to messy foodings like crawfish or anything tho if its on white shirt.

XshadowraithX

Re: Snow?

LOL the one with the pitchfork looks so downtrodden!

XshadowraithX

Re: Starbucks Squirrel

there is something about woodland creatures doing absurd things like this that I finds pleasing to me eye!

mjc613

Re: There's plenty o' fish in the sea

Good to see you here, radio!

XshadowraithX

Re: Starbucks Squirrel

just read all the "critiques". Such picking over a design humph, guess i will do some intellectual pursuit too!

The tail of the caffeinated squirrel has twitching lines. The whiskers are also bent which i think is an awesome touch to being overly jittery. I think the idea that the cup is holding coffee is slightly obvious considering the caffeinated squirrel is wide eyed and the other one is like sleepy/grumpy. That is besides that there's a few empty ones lying around. The brown band around the cups are sleeves which I feel is another giveaway that its coffee. The tail distance I don't really get. Coffee wouldnt make a body part larger...I would think it'd make the tail like straight as if electrified.

and the grey is fine. i never had green shirts till i was introduced to Woot shirts. Now i've got the "winning the race" green shirt, the laughter is the best medicine shirt, the "you've got to try this guys" shirt, "spicy italian meatball", etc = LOTS of green shirts. At least I wont be getting pinched on st. patricks day anymore =).

mjc613

xazothia wrote:While the texture on this looks awesome, woot unfortunately isn't capable of printing a design with that placement - or, if they are capable, it's just not allowed for Derby entries. If you could, I'd suggest resubmitting this with the design in the center of the shirt. Also, I'm not sure how you did the textures, exactly... how many colors are there, and any halftones? As I said, it looks pretty awesome.

I agree that woot won't print to the edge of the shirt, but I don't think it needs to be in the center of the shirt.

fabiofranca

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fabiofranca
Re: Snickers

Wow! I thought i would make a hit on the woot public with this one. And in fact, so far I've never been so low on a derby. Well we always learn something. I will try another snickers creation today if I have some time.

hewtab

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hewtab
Re: Seafood Sushi

i think this shirt would do much better on threadless Still has my vote though. love how it takes you a second to realize it's Bikini Bottom Sushi haha

flamespear

quality posts: 4 Private Messages flamespear
mjc613 wrote:Both the Superman logo and the X are text, which is not allowed this week.

You really need to change the man peeing as well, since woot is usually very strict about bathroom jokes and staying PG-13.

I don't know if the x counts as text. It's not so much a letter as it is an indicator in this context. The Superman logo probably won't fly though.

GNitro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GNitro

I love the design, but agree it would be nice on another color. I have way too many shirts of this color. It will be a touch decision should it win.

flamespear

Re: Sleeping Sylvan Spirit

This is cool, though if they're sylvan wouldnt' they sleep in the day :P Also aren't sylvan beings generally elves moon/night elves? I don't see any ears on that girl! Anyway i like this a lot and i voted for it :D

flamespear

chiefcrazyshoes wrote:Would the fine detail of the astronauts reproduce well at such a small size?

Ball wouldn't travel that way in space either XD but it's still cool.

flamespear

dougblair3 wrote:I don't understand how this isn't getting more votes. Maybe use the pirate swan as the thumbnail?

yeah...i kept passing on clicking this then i finally did because i couldn't' figure out the s

mybell

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mybell
Re: spooning

so does the fork come home and find the spoon in bed with another spoon? Like finding your spouse in bed with someone of their same sex?

mybell

Re: Simple Solid Shirt

it's so simple, why didn't I think of it?

jupilberry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jupilberry
Re: Award-Winning Sculptor of Coastlines

His name...his name is not important.

mybell

Re: Smoking Skunk

this will probably be rejected on so many levels or just two, smoking and skunk

KDKA

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KDKA

Want it!

kender42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kender42
Re: Secret of the Sharpener

The pencil sharpener of the Great North or the Canadian Pencil Sharpener.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 32 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Re: Six Super Soakers

I really hope this prints. My 13 year old would love one for summertime super soaker fun with his friends.

Leahbh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Leahbh
Re: Falling Snickers

i like it, but why not just call it falling sneakers. snickers is weird.

darel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages darel

Thanks everyone! I doubt this one is gonna do very well now so I'll tweak it and resub it somewhere else.

Oh and I do love Spongebob, I just wanted to do something a little different and less obvious. Their deaths are not intended.

stardamsel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages stardamsel
Draug wrote:I really do wish this had more votes. But perhaps we can hope for an HM? :D

Thanks, Draug! :-) An HM would be nice...

keelhaulkate

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keelhaulkate
Re: Sumo!

amazing!

keelhaulkate

Re: The Salamander Swashbuckler and his Snail Sidekick

like the style. And i like how it pops on the black.

keelhaulkate

keelhaulkate

Re: My snailmail arrived!

awe! love it!

bandit55

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bandit55
VIIIofXIII wrote:I liked this until I scrolled down and saw how it looked on the shirt, and then I loved it. This is a rare design that I feel really works better as a shirt than it does on its own, and that's a good thing. Awesome work.

Agreed. Awesome shirt.

arcade-art

quality posts: 1 Private Messages arcade-art
Re: Sakura-oni Springtime

this shirt is sweeeeet!
and there's alot more to it than the thumbnail suggests, great detail and a cool story

............ Video Game Art and Custom Sprites ............

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx

A little late to the party, but S stands for SAMURAI SHOWDOWN.

This is yet another team up between Crescentdebris and myself.

LARGE IMAGE:

Thanks as always guys!

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: Satori

The road to enlightenment consists of a complex series of simple paths.
A contemplative sand-gardener unexpectedly achieves satori. Six colors on cream.

radiomode

quality posts: 3 Private Messages radiomode
mjc613 wrote:Good to see you here, radio!

Hiya!

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2
Re: Sleeping Stacked Sheep

It would've been hilarious if there were a white fence either in the background or collapsed underneath them like they fell asleep in the middle of their counting duties.

A less vibrant purple and green might play up the nighttime vibe a little more, but I still get it. Nice work though. Looking forward to your future entries.