traviswho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages traviswho
Re: Splattered Smile

black on lemon - perfect summer colors for the beach ; )

brockart

quality posts: 7 Private Messages brockart
Re: smokestacks

I love all the little details your drawings have! Great Shirt!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 222 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Sakura-oni Springtime

@Hammylink, that's a beautiful game. Thanks for the compliment! I've still got a mean Wii backlog but I hope to try it out soon.

@ Draxxx, thanks compadre! This was something a little different for me. I really like your Samurai entry this week.

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega
Re: sentience

The fact that this has fallen so far out of the fog is an utter travesty, and enough to make me lose whatever shred of hope I might have ever had in shirt.woot. Absolutely tragic.

I suppose I can hold out and keep my fingers crossed that somehow, someday, this makes it as an EC print, as I just can't foresee the Woot masses ever giving it the votes it deserves.

Spiritgreen

Re: SAMURAI SHOWDOWN

Looking good, Draxxx & Crescent'.

Love the stacked layout of his opponents. GMV!

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Saturn, Stars and Such

I am very impressed. The thumbnail looked like gradients, so I am very grateful that you put the detail in your shirt comp.

I enjoy looking at this as well.

brockart

Re: Seven Sperm Whales

See a larger version here:
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4027/4467374505_0a372b7e03_o.jpg

mysticpillow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mysticpillow
Re: Single Stormcloud Soaking Someone when Suddenly...

The guy in the thumbnail reminds me of a petpet from neopets. It was called a snicklebeast.

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2

Sometimes exploration of sea and space can look an awful lot alike. This design merges the two.

"S" words to seek out: Sea, Space, Stars, Starfish, Scyphozoa(jellyfish) and Sailboat.
Enjoy!

Enlargement:

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
Re: Deep Blue Space

Amazing.

endangeredomega

mikeyvach wrote:Am I the only person that fails to see anything having to do with the letter s? If it wasn't for the title, there's no way you'd be able to tell what he's going for.

The "S" theme isn't overly clear to me either, but my larger issue is with the blatant pandering, and use of others' intellectual property. As a general rule, I'm just not a fan of the pop-culture reference shirts at all. There are exceptions, of course, in which the artist presents the familiar in a new, different, or quirky way, (Radishes, Batrobin, etc.) but to me, this shirt does none of those things. It's simply taken popular, established images and slapped smiley faces and arms & legs on them.

I find it deeply disappointing that this is presently in the fog, collecting votes not necessarily because of it's artistry, but because of the "omfgi<3lotr factor", while other more original and creative designs stand no chance at printing.

brockart

Re: Sea Creature

Whoa this is cool. I like the eerie colors you gave it all like it's in the Abyss.

endangeredomega

Re: Starbucks Squirrel

Coffee jokes are a trope about as stale and flavorless as that cardboard cup the squirrel appears to be chewing on.

Someone mentioned the "inhaler" issue, and now I just can't seem to un-see it every time I look at the comp.

Sorry Ramy, but to me, this design is painfully bland and uninspired. Nonetheless, credit where credit is due, you certainly know how to appeal to the Woot masses.

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
hustler03 wrote: I hate seeing a shirt win first place and it doesn't sell out.

Why? Not every piece has to appeal to everyone to be worthy of a print.

Are the best films the ones that make the most money? Are the best musicians only those who go gold or platinum?

And yes, I would wear the hell out of this, much moreso than the vast majority of shirts that sell out.

jmmbell1987

The Tim wrote:That tears it. I've given up all hope for the shirt.woot voting masses. This is in 10th place (as of this writing), but 'Starbucks Squirrel' and 'Silent Seahorse' are in the fog?

So wrong.

Yep. This derby went fubar faster than most, but it wasn't to be unexpected.

endangeredomega

Re: Silent Seahorse

I have difficulty believing that a lot of the half-tones and fine details on this won't be lost in the printing process.

jmmbell1987

Re: Silent Seahorse

No offense, Kdeuce or fans, but at this point how many shirts with this exact template do you want? Side placement? Check. Random splash in the background with generic, nondescript, probably black image relating to the theme on top? Check. Let's see some variety.

jmmbell1987

Re: smokestacks

This is wonderful. I love the simple whimsy and the color choices. Best of luck!

jmmbell1987

Re: My snailmail arrived!

Absolutely charming.

endangeredomega

Re: SALSA!

Another distinctive Walmazan design. Compared to your previous guacamole recipe shirt, I'm not sure whether the added joke here - salsa dancing - will help or hurt you.

Some previous designs of yours I have enjoyed - ie, the Pinocchio table (one of my favourites!), and the forbidden tomato/ketchup romance - haven't fared as well with the voting crowd here as others, and I wonder if it was perhaps because of the "joke" element?

TamerlerKA

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TamerlerKA
Re: Sunsplash

I'm debating whether I could actually wear this shirt, but either way it's extremely well done.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
CrescentDebris wrote:Thank you for choosing "S*** SAMURAI!" It's brown and stinks. I understand if it doesn't get 100% praise. This was seriously a last minute deal last night and unfortunately my time on it got cut short due to personal reasons. It didn't get my normal polish and refinement time. Hopefully some of you like it though. Later my fellow wooters.

I'm still a fan though! :P If I liked everything all the time I'd get suspicious of myself, hehe

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

batmansounds

quality posts: 0 Private Messages batmansounds
Re: Skateboarding Sloth

kowabunga..

mjc613

flamespear wrote:I wish i could edit...so i could add more without posting two in a row...

For future reference:
This post also appears in the derby thread. You can edit it there, and it will show up here.
Click on "community at the top of the page, then on derbies, then on the thread for the derby you are interested in. If you are like me, you will realize that you need to fix your post right afterward, so you might be the last post and can get to it right away.

Spiritgreen

Re: Sullen Slide

Love your dinosaur's pudgy extremities. ^__^

This is another nice design BootsBoots!

Salinga

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Salinga
Re: Starbucks Squirrel

Both of the mouths looks weird, imo.

sakleehop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sakleehop
Re: Everythins is S

I'm Speechless...

eaglestrike7339

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eaglestrike7339

got to say, this is pretty excellent. gmv and i hope it wins!

eaglestrike7339

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eaglestrike7339
Re: S-cher Staircase w/ Slinky

Hope it wins! gmv!

facemeetpavement

quality posts: 0 Private Messages facemeetpavement

very nicely done!

Ezshrkman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ezshrkman
Re: Super Spork

in the fog ?

jewelwing

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jewelwing
mikenytola wrote:Spearhinoceros?

Oh dear. So close.

radharose wrote:Haha, Spearmint Rhino!

Yay! You got it - good job! You win oodles and oodles of extra points.
I'm not necessarily endorsing the place or anything, but they really advertise it a lot on the radio.

sakleehop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sakleehop
Re: Snowmans versus

I'm afraid this concept has been done before -

I still think it's funny though.

brockart

Re: Deep Blue Space

I like the seek and find.

brockart

Re: Salty Sea Snack

The layers on that Octopus are amazing! And I like his bib. ha ha!

cmdixon2

Re: SALSA!

Love it, as always! I always look forward to your designs.

cmdixon2

Re: Sullen Slide

My favorite, Boots! This one is just so fun.

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik
streetwalkincheetah wrote:Kinda reminds me of this

picture of this link:

mjc613

Re: Superhero Stegosaurus Saves the Species

Love the colors on this. Also amazed at how many styles you do SO well.

kdeuce

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdeuce
Re: SAMURAI SHOWDOWN

dope. i was working a samurai design but bailed on it halfway through. i thought it'd look weak on woot's margins.