sasham62

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sasham62
mjc613 wrote:I am very impressed. The thumbnail looked like gradients, so I am very grateful that you put the detail in your shirt comp.

I enjoy looking at this as well.

Thanks! I SO wanted more than six colors for this, but got a decent Saturn look from halftones. (Chose my six colors out of a violet-pink gradient and a pink-yellow gradient.) And I've learned to show my half-tone work when I use them.

xazothia

quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia
Re: Skateboarding Strigiformes

The wood grain is superb.

sasham62

TheyKilledKenny wrote:Like the concept... but the IP belongs to Woot... Sorry...

As others have said/implied, Woot doesn't like woot-references in the derby. Also, the Heather Gray T-shirt would need to be on the special Heather Gray template.

sasham62

Re: Shirts (redux)

I think your yellow is actually orange (which is okay). I would have preferred if you'd actually drawn your own interpretation of a T-shirt instead of just pasting in smaller and smaller copies of the template.

sithman25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sithman25
Mavyn wrote:Pretty sure the morton's girl is copy right protected. You'll need to remove her or risk the design being rejected--maybe replace the box with a shaker of white?

I think it was altered....so maybe the copyright doesn't count. Her dress is longer and her hair looks different.

xazothia

quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia
sithman25 wrote:I think it was altered....so maybe the copyright doesn't count. Her dress is longer and her hair looks different.

I'm pretty sure that this was rejected last week because of the Morton girl - although this one is less similar than the one from last week, it still might be "too similar".

jonfizzle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jonfizzle

I think this shirt is very clever. It is just hard to tell that it is a snail driving the car. At first I thought it was a hand doing the peace sign.

jonfizzle

This is amazing!! I want this.

sasham62

Re: seven seagulls at sunset

Beautiful. And I won't quibble over the surreptitious seventh seagull off screen.

jonfizzle

This is hysterical. I hope more people vote on this. Great Job!

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday

Two words. Internal consistency.

Every good cartoonist in existence is internally consistent. They make stylistic changes and often things are grossly different from reality (your Bugs Bunny example), but their style is consistent throughout the design. That's the problem here. That's why the tail is an issue. If both tails are small that is a stylistic choice. Changing proportions is just sloppy.

sasham62

Re: Strange Safari

What do you get when you cross a zebra with a rhinoceros ... with a shamrock?
Nice job.

Draug

quality posts: 69 Private Messages Draug
Re: Deep Blue Space

Wicked. :D

The enemy's gate is down.
Writers are people too! (Albeit strange ones.)
Save Poe! Reckon Nevermore! Or he'll be head-locked forevermore!

sithman25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sithman25
xazothia wrote:I'm pretty sure that this was rejected last week because of the Morton girl - although this one is less similar than the one from last week, it still might be "too similar".

Well hopefully it stays. Still very funny. X)

marzipanapple

quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple
Re: Sullen Slide

I remember this! And I still love it!

MadamAtom

quality posts: 7 Private Messages MadamAtom
Re: Still-life in Stone

That ... is ... hilarious. Voted.

lepus

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lepus

much more appeal by far

MadamAtom

Re: There's plenty o' fish in the sea

Plenty of fish are left in the sea
I seem to have picked a shark for me
--Howard Jones, "Balance of Love"

Very cute!

jasonAP

quality posts: 15 Private Messages jasonAP
Re: Steamrolled

I really, really dig this shirt, boots! I have too many shirts as it is, but I might have a hard time passing this one up.

MadamAtom

CrescentDebris wrote:Thank you for choosing "S*** SAMURAI!" It's brown and stinks.

But ... I like the colors.

b3nnny

quality posts: 0 Private Messages b3nnny

UHM I REALLY REALLY want one of these..even if it doesn't win WHICH IT SHOULD. but anyway.

MadamAtom

Re: Strongman

Okay, the guy is strong--but the bunny's a bleepin' mutant! Do not get on this bunny's bad side!

Luckily, the bunny looks very affable and may not have a bad side. Here's hoping.

banzaaiii

quality posts: 0 Private Messages banzaaiii
jmmbell1987 wrote:No offense, Kdeuce or fans, but at this point how many shirts with this exact template do you want? Side placement? Check. Random splash in the background with generic, nondescript, probably black image relating to the theme on top? Check. Let's see some variety.

actually, this is the variety. usually you have a centered cartoon on a shirt, usually related to the theme on top. it is usually irrelevant what "formula" the shirt follows though, if its good its good, but of course, tastes are like buttoxes.

saltysea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages saltysea
Re: Salty Sea Snack (On Black)

Dear God I want one! Here's to hoping....

jpoling13

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jpoling13
endangeredomega wrote:Another distinctive Walmazan design. Compared to your previous guacamole recipe shirt, I'm not sure whether the added joke here - salsa dancing - will help or hurt you.

Some previous designs of yours I have enjoyed - ie, the Pinocchio table (one of my favourites!), and the forbidden tomato/ketchup romance - haven't fared as well with the voting crowd here as others, and I wonder if it was perhaps because of the "joke" element?

I LOVED the Pinocchio shirt and was (and still am) so sad it didn't print. I had told everyone I know about and they all thought it was an awesome concept.

FancyDad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FancyDad
Re: The Salamander Swashbuckler and his Snail Sidekick

this is acceptable for my body

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Re: this gets lemon juice in the eye

It's colorful, but when all is said and done, you are asking people to have woot print a vacuum cleaner on a tshirt. Not something I would care to wear.

Westlyftw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Westlyftw
MadamAtom wrote:But ... I like the colors.

I do as well. The brown shades look awesome on this, and as another commenter mentioned, the dusty brown palette is pitch perfect for a feudal Japan theme. I honestly don't think any other color scheme would have worked nearly as well.

Excellent work as always gentlemen.

mdavies

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mdavies

Gradients - it's going to get rejected.

Ghaleon256

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Ghaleon256

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
Re: SAMURAI SHOWDOWN

Reminds me of kdeuce's Samurai print.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
DianaSprinkle wrote:Also with their eyes as black dots you can make them into a Stereogram. Where you un-focus your eyes and then overlap the images. It's pretty cool because when you do that it creates a third cat in the center that looks like it's sitting. My friend pointed it out to me. Very odd.

The white highlights don't quite match up for that!

I like the design. Simple and effective.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

parrotworks

quality posts: 16 Private Messages parrotworks
Re: Simple Solid Shirt

Subtle, stylish, sophisticated

mopeloss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mopeloss
Re: Single Stormcloud Soaking Someone when Suddenly...

I always love the monsters and overall illustration on your pieces, but they just don't feel right on the shirt (to me). It's like the background (usually just the shirt color) is lacking or not appropriate.

ah6tyfour

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ah6tyfour
darel wrote:Sure! I'm thinking of completing the whole set of characters, will try some place that will accommodate more colours.

Please leave it as it is! It's the pure simplicity and uncluttered-ness that makes this shirt as awesome as it is.

REALLY hope this prints...

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega
Re: The Salamander Swashbuckler and his Snail Sidekick

I'd like to comment on this design ...

However, I just keep finding myself far too distracted by the dead sexy mouth on your t-shirt model!

il4jc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages il4jc

this is a cute shirt! =]

il4jc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages il4jc

AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

fairnymph

quality posts: 55 Private Messages fairnymph

This totally makes me think of Farscape and the colours are AWESOME!

My Cellar * Read my ramblings on LiveJournal.

79 wine.woots, 42 shirt.woots, 18 woots, 3 sellout.woots, 1 kids.woot

"I like my Sirah like I like my women: young, Petite and inky." - Thralow on CT

fairnymph

quality posts: 55 Private Messages fairnymph
Re: Spiral Seashell

The Derbies so need more purple!

My Cellar * Read my ramblings on LiveJournal.

79 wine.woots, 42 shirt.woots, 18 woots, 3 sellout.woots, 1 kids.woot

"I like my Sirah like I like my women: young, Petite and inky." - Thralow on CT