SubBass49

quality posts: 3 Private Messages SubBass49
pastorroy wrote:ReSub tried to keep this one simple yet add a little character.

MUCH better! Good adjustments!

SubBass49

traviswho wrote:I had to look up They Live, but yeah its pretty similar to the movie cover. Mine was inspired by a skull though, and maybe their alien was too. Is the movie worth watching?

Yeah...it's 1980's cheesy, but it's got Rowdy Roddy Piper, it's got aliens, and it inspired the "Obey" art.

cenobite000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cenobite000
Re: Simple Solid Shirt

this design is already on sale at hanes.com and fruitoftheloom.com

lol

SubBass49

Re: Struggling Songbird

Cool concept...I'm a big fan of work that has a strong concept behind it...keep up the great work!

SubBass49

Re: Steampunk Seahorse

SWEET color scheme! Seriously...brown & teal are an awesome combo, and the highlight colors tie it all together...

SubBass49

Re: Superhero Stegosaurus Saves the Species

Haha...nice. The halftones are my favorite part...I've got to figure out how to use them the way you do. Any tips, feel free to click the pic at the bottom of my post and leave a comment. I think halftones would really improve my work.

SubBass49

Re: Silent Seahorse

I think this is an interesting design. Nothing I could pull off wearing, but interesting anyway. I see a lot of hate, but yet you still get votes, so props to you. If it doesn't win here, you could always try DBH. This would fit in well there.

SubBass49

Re: Soulmates

Much respect for an awesome design and an awesome concept. I could never wear it, but it gets my respect anyway. Great work!

SubBass49

Re: SALSA!

Hilarious and cool. I agree with some of the other folks, a cookbook in this style would be a great idea. Get in touch with a literary agent ASAP.

fairnymph

quality posts: 55 Private Messages fairnymph
haezoo wrote:I agree - I think I would like it better if the two figures were back to back. Love the style tho!

This. Still voting and hoping to buy, though!

My Cellar * Read my ramblings on LiveJournal.

79 wine.woots, 42 shirt.woots, 18 woots, 3 sellout.woots, 1 kids.woot

"I like my Sirah like I like my women: young, Petite and inky." - Thralow on CT

SubBass49

Re: Secret of the Sharpener

Teacher here...probably couldn't pull off this shirt, but I can appreciate it without a doubt! Awesome illustration, awesome colors, awesome concept! My only criticism is the size of the design on the shirt, which I think you already addressed anyway...so good lookin' all around!

SubBass49

Re: Split Spirit of Steam v.2

This is really well-done! As with many of the fogged entries, I could never pull off wearing it, but the artwork is friggin' awesome!

SubBass49

Re: Starbucks Squirrel

That cracked-out squirrel is creepin' me out, so it must be done well!

heathercoy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages heathercoy
Re: Deep Blue Space

can i have one? please?

fairnymph

quality posts: 55 Private Messages fairnymph
Re: sentience

Purrrrrrrple....purrrrrrrrple...it calls to me! *impulsively votes*

My Cellar * Read my ramblings on LiveJournal.

79 wine.woots, 42 shirt.woots, 18 woots, 3 sellout.woots, 1 kids.woot

"I like my Sirah like I like my women: young, Petite and inky." - Thralow on CT

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: SAMURAI SHOWDOWN

Not my fave from you two, but it still rocks. The palette is just a little subtle - IMO could have used a pop somewhere. Doesn't matter - I would wear the hell out of this. GMV!

paigeg

Your color palettes are always so awesome - Nice!

paigeg

Re: Sea Creature

I LOVE how you got that narly face emerging from the gloom. Totally terrific and GMV!

parrotworks

quality posts: 16 Private Messages parrotworks
Re: satellite

Started with some simple scribble saved on server, struggled with stupid software, swore then sacrificed subtle shading for sake of Sunday submission.

paigeg

Re: Snow?

No snowplows and shovels in hell, I guess. That's gonna cramp their style for a bit - kinda like DC a month or so back! Lol!
Totally awesome concept.

paigeg

Re: Sakura-oni Springtime

I'm up for a girly pink shirt - and love that you created your own Oni legend for it. Gives me the chuckles and GMV!

paigeg

SubBass49 wrote:Yeah...it's 1980's cheesy, but it's got Rowdy Roddy Piper, it's got aliens, and it inspired the "Obey" art.

I LOVED that movie, and yes this is evocative, which I consider a plus. I love that it's on an underused color, too. Awesome, GMV!

paigeg

Will warble for worms...
This is alot similar in feel to White Stripes from the band names derby. And that's a plus for me. Love it.

Sachmoe64

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sachmoe64
cmdixon2 wrote:A thick strand of hair like that would not be transparent. With the insane amount of detail in this piece it just looks like a layering mistake. He could've just placed the hair so it's not directly in front of the eye?

Idid try a solid mass of hair rather than transparent, but I think the beauty of the eye is more important than realism so I decided to have the eye show. I understand the issue with it though and I went with what I thought looked best.

redsugar wrote:This is awesome. Love steampunk and this juxtaposition of engineer vs flower of society.

Since it's a playing card type design, would you consider putting a "suit" where the ace would normally go? Not a spade or club or anything -- maybe a gear? Anyway, I'd buy it as is. Gorgeous.

If i could I would have had a Q and a cog in the opposite corners, but no text, and the cog by itself look out of place. Thanks a lot though.

I have also been thinking of making a full playing deck. I have Steampunk, zombies, WWII, vampires, icepunk (I may have made that up, not sure), etc. in mind for the suits so far... not sure what I would go with though.

Thanks everyone for keeping this in the fog so far!

Norsemin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Norsemin

Personally, I find this shirt to be one of, if not the best in this derby. I am a huge fan of your style and color schemes and am hoping this prints. To those who think that the colors don't jump enough: while I disagree, it just means you get to laugh at the people who do a double-take.

marzipanapple

quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple
xazothia wrote:The wood grain is superb.

A ditto on this.

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega
Sachmoe64 wrote:If i could I would have had a Q and a cog in the opposite corners, but no text, and the cog by itself look out of place. Thanks a lot though.

I have also been thinking of making a full playing deck. I have Steampunk, zombies, WWII, vampires, icepunk (I may have made that up, not sure), etc. in mind for the suits so far... not sure what I would go with though.

Thanks everyone for keeping this in the fog so far!

Bloody hell ... if you did a whole deck of cards in this style, I know I'd personally line up to buy one in a heartbeat. (Well, two, I suppose ... one to play with, and one to keep free of people's dirty, grimy fingerprints.)

eye4spot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eye4spot
Re: She Sells Sea Shells

Nice color selection, it works well with the design.

eye4spot

Re: Stanley and his Steinway

This made me laugh...for that you get a vote!

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613

The bird and the nest look so realistic. Your work keeps getting better and better. And yes, gmv.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 209 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Smooth Surfing Shark

I agree, this is one of your most wearable designs so far. Really nice khk!

::vote::

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
parrotworks wrote:Started with some simple scribble saved on server, struggled with stupid software, swore then sacrificed subtle shading for sake of Sunday submission.

Subsequent Success!

Selected for Sale. =)

curiousme

quality posts: 0 Private Messages curiousme

Wow, this is really creative. I want one!

Sachmoe64

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sachmoe64

Great design as usual you guys. Although it's a little bottum heavy, it looks great!

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 32 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Re: She Sells Sea Shells

This is beautiful, SnowQueen. I love the details in your designs. The shark next to the mermaid on the right makes me smile :-)

SylarXx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SylarXx

Wow, this design is amazing. If it doesn't make it into the top 3, I'll be sad.

fishbiscuit5

Re: Seafood Sushi

I was just watching SpongeBob with my son and all I could think of was this shirt. That's a good thing! If you print somewhere else, I would love to know.

fishbiscuit5

Your color choices are beautiful. I would definitely wear this with pride.

eye4spot

Re: Silverware & Spaghetti

This is so simple, and a wearable design...I would love to wear this every Wednesday I am in Boston. GMV!

fishbiscuit5

Re: speakerface

Hi, Odysseyroc. I just wanted to pop in and let you know I watched the video on inking that you posted. Thanks so much for taking the time to show us noobs how the pros do things :-) It is generous of you and other experienced artists to share your knowledge each week!