SnowQueenVT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT
Re: Some Simple Saucers Soaring

Hi They killed kenny... I like black and white shirts (and flying saucers too!)!!

Do you ever submit to the daily woot contest? I get the idea that they prefer shirts with fewer colors , you know, an easier to print type of shirt than all these halftone six color prints that enter the derby.

This is your type of thing...one color designs...

You should enter a few designs for the daily, I am planning to do something summery, not sure yet, you should do something too!

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

SnowQueenVT

JesseBYAH wrote:DAYUM girl! Your designs are just getting better and better. I've been a fan of yours since I saw you first submitting, and I can't believe how much your style has evolved in the last few weeks! This looks fantastic! The proportions on the mermaids seem a teeny bit off, but that is not too big of a deal. The colors may be a bit girly as well, but I think they were great choices for an underwater piece! Keep up the good work, snowqueen. I loooove this =)

Also, I am REALLY hoping you get an HM from the "Madness" derby. The Lady in the Woods is my favorite piece of yours, and I hope to see those trees in a future design! They were amazing!

Thanks Jesse! I was all about being in Jesse -mode when I picked the thumbnail...I really wanted to zoom in on the seashell selling mermaid but forced myself to back off, then I saw Drakxxx's closeup of his samurii (can't spell that word) and I was like, oh no, I wanted a closeup too! When submitting at 2 am you can't really think straight!!

Thanks so much as always for your feedback! Jesse =ALWAYS RIGHT!
Jesse for President!!

SnowQueenVT

sasham62 wrote:This is amazing. I can't imagine the patience it took to draw all that hair. And the colors are perfect for the subject.

Thankyou Shasham , my friend. As I said before, I love your Saturn it is beautiful! The colors are yummy!

sokowa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa
The Tim wrote:FRIG! Seriously, 11th place?!? What is the mental malfunction of the Shirt.Woot voters this time around??? ARGH.

Haha, thanks Tim. I admit, I'm a little bummed, but what can you do It is a pretty quirky shirt. I'll prepare a little jig to dance in return for votes :P

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: Silent Seahorse

I have Sullen, and I don't think it printed too awfully bad. I was expecting worse from the furor on the boards. This is beautiful, kdeuce. A bit too 'beachy' for my personal taste, but still lovely. And, FYI, there are variants of seahorses that actually look like this - (this is a dwarf, but a relative) http://www.montereybayaquarium.org/animals/AnimalDetails.aspx?enc=n3f4wmcSJaO0z33cvrEuog==

SnowQueenVT

Re: the sound of silence

lefthandedcrook wrote:the image looks a bit squashed. I used the 16"x20" format. Should i be using another size?

Nice fast resub Lefty!! As I said on your first submission, I really like this design, the white shirt is really working for you here , it really says "Silence". ..and I love the artwork, a great job !

Could someone more brilliant than me please answer Leftys Question about his slightly squashed format?

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: Steamrolled

I wish this one was doing better, it's awesomely wicked and cute. Always great humor and style, Boots!

truffleshuffle

quality posts: 4 Private Messages truffleshuffle
mopeloss wrote:I always love the monsters and overall illustration on your pieces, but they just don't feel right on the shirt (to me). It's like the background (usually just the shirt color) is lacking or not appropriate.

I know what you mean. I always feel like I have a little bit of trouble trying to make the design integrated with the shirt and not just plopped on a background color. Thanks for the constructive criticism! I'll keep it in mind for next derby;)

rogue84

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rogue84

This shirt makes me giggle.

People are always nasty here; best practice is to just get thick skin. And appreciate what positive comments you do get.

colinm09 wrote:It's this kind of logic that's allowed Seth MacFarlane to stay popular..."A talking alien is COMPLETELY different than a talking dog."

That talking alien makes the whole show.

bassanimation

Re: Silent Seahorse

This isn't a design for me, but I do like the art. The seahorse looks like a kind of deep sea god...very wicked and mysterious. Nice work!

bassanimation

Re: SALSA!

As a native Texan, I am bound by law to love anything with salsa on it...hahaha! Always wonderful work, Walz!

bassanimation

Re: We are Siamese

Need to print these guys on some material I ordered, and test out the LASER on it, buwaahaaahaaa! Everyone needs conjoined kitty stickars!

paigeg

Re: the sound of silence

Did you trim your canvas before adding the image to the shirt design space? You may have some unused white/transparent canvas space squishing things on you...

SnowQueenVT

Re: Skateboarding Strigiformes

Artulo asks for comments on design

Hi Artulo!
I love your glorious skateboarding owl, maybe the shirt comp with the black shirt covering it's wing should have been tinier (so you could see the whole wing) (but you did a beautiful job as always!)

bassanimation

Re: Secret of the Sharpener

So this is why those old sharpeners were so fun to poke a pencil into...-whirrrrrrrrrrr-

Very creative design!

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2
Re: She Sells Sea Shells

The colors are wonderful! You created a whole detailed scene. I keep looking at it and seeing new things all the time. Awesome work!

sacrerouge

quality posts: 18 Private Messages sacrerouge

Today I can really empathize with the squirrel on the right. Tell caffienated squirrel to share ;)

I think the changes to the shirt really added to it, it's more appealing and clear what the idea is.

lefthandedcrook

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lefthandedcrook
paigeg wrote:Did you trim your canvas before adding the image to the shirt design space? You may have some unused white/transparent canvas space squishing things on you...

I think i know whats happening. the images displayed are obviously square in dimension and im posting in 16x20 dimensions. I'll just trim next time I post. I believe the PSD file is correct though.

bennydougs

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bennydougs
bassanimation wrote:So this is why those old sharpeners were so fun to poke a pencil into...-whirrrrrrrrrrr-

Very creative design!

thanks for all the kind words everyone!

The Tim

quality posts: 31 Private Messages The Tim
sokowa wrote:Haha, thanks Tim. I admit, I'm a little bummed, but what can you do It is a pretty quirky shirt. I'll prepare a little jig to dance in return for votes :P

It's super dumb, 'cause I was all ready to buy 3, one for me, one for my brother, and one for my brother-in-law, to go with the Villainous Victorian Velociraptor I bought for all of us on Day 1 of that shirt.

*sigh*

stardamsel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages stardamsel
SnowQueenVT wrote:Super-bunny! Just in time for Easter!

Love the stylized strongman too! He is great and I love his outfit, especially his socks!

Lol, thanks SnowQueenVT! :-)

paigeg

artulo wrote:Thanks for the nice comments I half expected this to do a little better...anyone comment on what could improve it?

Or is the whole thing just not a good idea?

I don't know - the concept is funny, the detail in the artwork is terrific, the colors are attractive (I have one little quibble about the left wing placement, but...). Maybe it's just not the week for skateboarding owls? I gotta tell you, there are times (many times) when I scratch my head at what gets votes around here, and what doesn't.

paigeg

lefthandedcrook wrote:I think i know whats happening. the images displayed are obviously square in dimension and im posting in 16x20 dimensions. I'll just trim next time I post. I believe the PSD file is correct though.

Yeah, the PSD print-ready file needs to be the right size for printing, but the design detail and comp need to be square. If you're in Photoshop you can use the rectangular marquee tool, and tell it (in the top toolbar) to make it a 'specific size', then pull out 580X580 and 240X240 size chunks for the comp and detail (you'll have to temporarily resize the master).

Chickeninawhat

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Chickeninawhat
Re: SAMURAI SHOWDOWN

Awesome shirt, and the title reminds me of sunday afternoons while growing up when a local channel would have "Samurai Sunday".

SnowQueenVT

Re: Deep Blue Space

cmdixon2 wrote:The colors are wonderful! You created a whole detailed scene. I keep looking at it and seeing new things all the time. Awesome work!

Thankyou so much Chris, as I said already this shirt of YOURS is a beautifully controlled dynamic and surreally magical piece.

We love checking your portfolio page. You are such a huge talent.My very favorite piece you have done is "collision" , and this piece reminds me of that.

Also, your wife is pretty! I am so nosy, I enjoyed the shirt thread where we can see people wearing shirts. Your house is clean.End comment!

stardamsel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages stardamsel
stepjr23 wrote:Aw, what happened to "from terrific Wisconsin"? It was so, so true.

I love this shirt; great idea! It is a bit boxy, a more organic shape might come across more like his imagination. Still gmv, always looking for shirts to wear to work. This one would be a great discussion starter!

Edit: Hah, on second thought, maybe I wouldn't actually WEAR it to work. Probably shouldn't encourage seventh graders to stare at my chest to figure out the references...

@drgribb: yay for astrophysics majors!

@bellarific: thanks!!! :-)

@bassanimation: hey, thank you! :-D

@stepjr23: thanks! And yeah, gotta watch out for those 7th graders...

capedcrusader514

quality posts: 1 Private Messages capedcrusader514

oh lve the colors

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Six Super Soakers

This is really fantastic CapedCrusader, very clever how you squirted the letter S. And there's a lot of movement in the way you did each supersoaker, and each one is in a great style and colors. They have an almost painted look.

You should try selling it to the Supersoaker company;) Seriously, if the company is still around, it's a great advertisement for them!

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: SAMURAI SHOWDOWN

I'd love to see this again at a later date, though I'm not sure how much you'd have to change it to be "significant".

If the samurai was more clearly visable, maybe a *little* less splatter so it's not so messy. But I do like some splatter if it was reddish and highlighted the bloody swath our hero just cut through his enemies.

I know there is beauty in fewer colors at times, I just think it this case it detracts from the detail.

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

cmdixon2

SnowQueenVT wrote:Thankyou so much Chris, as I said already this shirt of YOURS is a beautifully controlled dynamic and surreally magical piece.

We love checking your portfolio page. You are such a huge talent.My very favorite piece you have done is "collision" , and this piece reminds me of that.

Also, your wife is pretty! I am so nosy, I enjoyed the shirt thread where we can see people wearing shirts. Your house is clean.End comment!

Haha! You crack me up. I'm glad you like my portfolio page. I'm not always very good at updating it like I should.

Don't tell anyone but I'm nosy too. I love looking at peoples portfolios and seeing what sort of design work people do outside of woot. It's fun. Besides, it's fun to see other aspects to peoples lives. I always thought it'd be fun if Woot somehow had a profile page for designers so you could see pics of shirts they designed/own/love, plus a chance to put random info for people to read about them. I don't know, sort of a get-to-know your community type of thing. One of my favorite things about teefury is getting to read the little interviews.

Just realized what a dork I am.

Lagbert

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lagbert
patrickspens wrote:Thanks! and ya, its just scribbles, not any real words or letters. it should pass

Woot has kill shirts for pseudo text before:

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=38280

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=37961

To me this shirt begs the question: What is the distinction between text and squiggles? If a designer took a series of random chinese characters, randomly flipped them left to right, and randomly removed or added strokes would that be text or scribbles?

Personally, I belief if it looks like a meaningful sequence of symbols, even if it has no meaning, it should be considered text.

Mavyn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn
Re: Silly Salamander Tricks are for kids

Re the rejection...salamanders are amphibians, not reptiles.

Just saying.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

SnowQueenVT

Re: Deep Blue Space

Re a comment about his awesome work which isn't appearing on his thread! My mistake! (To read the full comment which praises this piece of artwork, calls cmdixon a huge talent, notes that his wife is pretty and notices that his house is clean please see page 35 of the thread)

Chris, you are a trendsetter, because you give people access to your portfolio other people will follow that example!

If you are a dork then heres to dorks and to amazingly awesome tshirts about space by dorks!

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
SnowQueenVT wrote:This is such a cute idea and well drawn, I really wish they would make this actual toy can you imagine the screams? Scarier than the creepy clown, heres a SNAKE!!!

That's actually a GREAT idea! There's a site that has a toy design contest, maybe I should submit a "snake in a box" concept!

SnowQueenVT

Re: Surprise! Snake!

RE this should be a real toy...

SkekTek wrote:That's actually a GREAT idea! There's a site that has a toy design contest, maybe I should submit a "snake in a box" concept!

If you do that we all want one!

xtowelyx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xtowelyx
Re: Superhero Stegosaurus Saves the Species

It saddens me that this is no longer in the fog :'(

cmdixon2

SnowQueenVT wrote:Re a comment about his awesome work which isn't appearing on his thread! My mistake! (To read the full comment which praises this piece of artwork, calls cmdixon a huge talent, notes that his wife is pretty and notices that his house is clean please see page 35 of the thread)

Chris, you are a trendsetter, because you give people access to your portfolio other people will follow that example!

If you are a dork then heres to dorks and to amazingly awesome tshirts about space by dorks!

You're going to give me a big ego. If that happens, I'll be too cool for pictures on my portfolio and I'll have to be all recluse and unapproachable. Maybe I'll start wearing some weird hat, I don't know. Once I start wearing sunglasses while inside brightly lit buildings you'll know I'm in trouble. Don't do that to me. I don't want to be that guy.

SnowQueenVT

cmdixon2 wrote:You're going to give me a big ego. If that happens, I'll be too cool for pictures on my portfolio and I'll have to be all recluse and unapproachable. Maybe I'll start wearing some weird hat, I don't know. Once I start wearing sunglasses while inside brightly lit buildings you'll know I'm in trouble. Don't do that to me. I don't want to be that guy.

...don't worry, your ego is fine...just keep giving us the cool shirts!

Don't you already have a hat?...

I'm off to do" Creative Monday" at the library with my little girls...paper mache!

meanwhile, don't you go changin'!

cmdixon2

Re: SALSA!

I think you might just have it this week, Walmazan! I smell a print!

sabrinalgraham

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sabrinalgraham
Re: Sausage Fest

I get the sausage but not the "fest". They should be wearing "party hats".