yeawuteva

quality posts: 115 Private Messages yeawuteva

guess woot if in school otherwise take a pass I advise

cs6ranger

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cs6ranger

your not getting my $3.50 loch ness monster.

Proud owner of a 52" LCD TV from a 4/1/09 Boggy Old Creature

XxESKIMOxX

quality posts: 0 Private Messages XxESKIMOxX

Well for the people who has never taken stats or something similar to it, you probably wouldn't understand this shirt lol.

prepn15

quality posts: 0 Private Messages prepn15
SirSunkist wrote:Agreed.

Would've been much better if the axis (axii?) were labeled, at least.

plural of axis is axes.

Just Keep Swimming

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU

This looked so much better on Eggplant. It makes me sad when woot screws with colors.

That said, I hope that it does well, because I feel it's the perfect line-straddle of wootiness and actual humor. So long as wooters don't overanalyze the fact that it's not an equation, ergo missing the entire point of the tee.

Oh wait, they're already doing that? WHAT ARE THE ODDS!?!?

danielvutran

quality posts: 16 Private Messages danielvutran

Greatness comes from within. And from within, you must conquest victory.

google me lol

xale52791

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xale52791
Patricck wrote:Compute the area under the graph by finding a formula for Rn and then taking the limit as N goes to infinity.

Interval [0,3]

GO!

Riemann sums were the worst thing from calc...I refuse to do them on woot

foureight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages foureight
theinvisible wrote:Truth Behind the Second Moral of the Story: One woman does not speak for all of us.

I find it interesting the poster of the original comment uses one data point to make conclusions. When commenting on a shirt that is based on the normal distribution. Go look up the central limit theorem!

This woman got her B.S., M.S., and soon-to-be Ph.D. in statistics from great universities. Oh, and what, I'm one data point. Doesn't mean hernia!

tekstyle

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tekstyle

this obviously was not made by anyone with bit knowledge of math because a graph can never curve back under itself as shown on the neck of the dinosaur. this shirt doesn't make any sense.

maeder

quality posts: 9 Private Messages maeder
tekstyle wrote:this obviously was not made by anyone with bit knowledge of math because a graph can never curve back under itself as shown on the neck of the dinosaur. this shirt doesn't make any sense.

Have you never seen a circle?

tomalley6

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tomalley6

Just don't mix your bell curves with frog DNA, they'll start reproducing like rabbits.

CapSea

quality posts: 54 Private Messages CapSea

It's the Log(x) Ness Monster!

maeder

quality posts: 9 Private Messages maeder
CapSea wrote:It's the Log(x) Ness Monster!

..groan.. <|>

saporro2004

quality posts: 1 Private Messages saporro2004

these shirts keep getting awesome. Bring on the Dinosaurs!

Geniekid

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Geniekid
CapSea wrote:It's the Log(x) Ness Monster!

Win.

gemchick82

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gemchick82
magomago wrote:

Moral of the Story: It does not matter where a person attends/attended college.

Second Moral of the Story (Less politically correct version): women, 'nuff said.

True:
It doesn't matter where one currently attends or has attended college; rather, it matters what they have learned and how they've applied themselves.

False:
There are plenty of women whom had no problem enjoying the paradoxical irony of the t-shirt. Case in point, female engineers.

Fourth Moral: "All generalizations are false, including this one" ~ Mark Twain.

Februaryxvi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Februaryxvi
tekstyle wrote:this obviously was not made by anyone with bit knowledge of math because a graph can never curve back under itself as shown on the neck of the dinosaur. this shirt doesn't make any sense.

I have a neat idea, lets use a drawing of the loch ness monster as proof of mathematical knowledge.

Oh nevermind, you did that already.

RaveDroid

quality posts: 15 Private Messages RaveDroid
magomago wrote:WIN!

This shirt is awesome...got one already. It is totally going to sell out by the morning, no question about it!

I LOLed when I saw this shirt...my room mate came over to see what I found so funny. She just graduated from UCLA in Business and Econ...she stared at the shirt for a minute and asked me why I found it so funny because it didn't make any sense to her. I then tried to point out "Normal Distribution Theory...look at the mean, stdev, etc." and she just stared at me a drew a blank. I tried to go to the basics to explain it, and she soon interjected, "...wait a minute, is this something about statistics???"

Moral of the Story: It does not matter where a person attends/attended college.

Second Moral of the Story (Less politically correct version): women, 'nuff said.

Some people claim that they actually can see a cryptic creature in the shadowy outline of the curves, others completely miss the opportunity... Just like in real life!

Of course, no one can actually know exactly what we're dealing with here without a z-axis.

If you can read this, yourᅠbrowser'sᅠCompatibilityᅠsettings
areᅠconfiguredᅠcorrectly.ᅠᅠツ

RaveDroid

quality posts: 15 Private Messages RaveDroid

This is freakin' Woot humor we're talking about here lol. Go Woot or go home!

If you can read this, yourᅠbrowser'sᅠCompatibilityᅠsettings
areᅠconfiguredᅠcorrectly.ᅠᅠツ

brikbats

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brikbats

THis shirt is clearly an outlier.

bradjones06

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bradjones06
cascade2k wrote:I'd have called it An Abnormal Distribution

How about "The Paranormal Distribution"?

kaylanorth

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kaylanorth
Ohai wrote:I hope it doesn't start asking me for abouta tree fiddy.

Hahaha! You win. This is my favourite comment ever.

brikbats

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brikbats

Polar functions do curve and loop around underneath themselves. Yes, sure, go ahead and tell me that you cannot have a hybrid of cartesian and polar. But, as someone pointed out, this is Woot humor. And I, for one, as an engineer who works with statistics on a nearly daily basis, can find the humor in this.

violentdawn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages violentdawn

My love of graphs and Nessie, all rolled into one!

fait

quality posts: 16 Private Messages fait
prepn15 wrote:plural of axis is axes.

...as is the plural of "axe" which makes statistics a little more sexy and dangerous if you think about it. Or not. I guess it depends on how dorky you really are.

I'ma just gonna tell my 6-year-old that it's a woot math shirt. He begged me to buy him "Nevermore" after I read him "The Raven", and he had a great time showing it off to his reading teacher. Can't hurt to try another subject, eh?

fashnek

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fashnek
XxESKIMOxX wrote:Well for the people who has never taken stats or something similar to it, you probably wouldn't understand this shirt lol.

Oh, I understand the reference to distribution in the mathematical sense, but I definitely am not seeing the pun, if indeed there is one. All I see is a bell-like curve repurposed as the body of a sea monster. Tell me, is there more that I need to "understand this shirt?"

If this is just a "make a goofy picture out of a diagram" shirt, well, thanks, but I already have two of BreakfasTopo.

gemchick82 wrote:True:
It doesn't matter where one currently attends or has attended college; rather, it matters what they have learned and how they've applied themselves.

And much of the time in practice, the latter is in a cause-effect relationship with the former.

gemchick82 wrote:
False:
There are plenty of women whom had no problem enjoying the paradoxical irony of the t-shirt. Case in point, female engineers.

Wow, women aren't going to appreciate you saying that few or no women exist *who* understand the shirt. Watch those double negatives?

shimsham

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shimsham

"aah...not a function. Can't buy because I'd get called out by my math major friends."

It's the first thing I noticed, too. I will buy no shirt that is not mathematically sound.

boxjock

quality posts: 3 Private Messages boxjock

What? No mention of Tahoe Tessie? I am so insulted! I refuse to buy this shirt!

eastcobbler

quality posts: 8 Private Messages eastcobbler

If I were still in skool I would get this. Don't think anyone I encounter these days would appreciate it.

siladitya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages siladitya

This is awesome!!! Fat-tailed distributions redefined :P I don't know if that's how it was meant to be...but that's the way it is now

annietsai

quality posts: 5 Private Messages annietsai
fashnek wrote:Oh, I understand the reference to distribution in the mathematical sense, but I definitely am not seeing the pun, if indeed there is one. All I see is a bell-like curve repurposed as the body of a sea monster. Tell me, is there more that I need to "understand this shirt?"

agreed! it's really cute and considering i work with a bunch of statistics nerds (aka actuaries) the normal dist reference wouldn't be missed... i just don't get the joke further than that. please, someone enlighten us.

Februaryxvi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Februaryxvi
boxjock wrote:What? No mention of Tahoe Tessie? I am so insulted! I refuse to buy this shirt!

I live in Reno so I feel the anger. But I think the Tahoe Tessie knowledge is within a 100 mile radius of the lake.

Ohhh new woot/aquatic monster/mathematical shirt idea.

jacobsj192

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jacobsj192

anyone notice that the percentage of sales per hour graph looks like a mirror image of the shirt?

bkeokip

quality posts: 6 Private Messages bkeokip

I bet they have some dank feral Kratom growing all over in Selangor, Malaysia...

animuson

quality posts: 13 Private Messages animuson

If we extended this graph to the left, would we see the tail as well?

keeleyt83

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keeleyt83

I might just be imagining things but I thought I saw an XKCD like this...

saporro2004

quality posts: 1 Private Messages saporro2004

ellenbarnes1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ellenbarnes1

That is one monster of an extrapolation.

dmlyles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dmlyles

I guess this explains how teacher's pets fit into the curve.

Pweverka

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Pweverka
gemchick82 wrote:True:

False:

Fourth Moral: "All generalizations are false, including this one" ~ Mark Twain.

True: applying a misuse of "whom" matters.

Get Twisted!