swammi1203

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swammi1203
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=41324]A Tale of 2 Cities of War

While I loved both books, I'm not a huge fan of this shirt. They both had pretty dark themes, and this is such a lighthearted shirt.

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx
Re: A Novel Idea

Really nice composition and concept sir. I love the colors as well, and the fact that it's jam packed with great characters!

Ezshrkman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ezshrkman

Ezshrkman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ezshrkman
Re: 20000 Leagues/War of the Worlds

I want this shirt!
GMV
Great job!

swellodell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swellodell

no other shirt pulled off so many characters with such a cohesive interaction. Good job on keeping it classic.

ericrob815

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ericrob815

Great colors! I hope this wins.

dhouse87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dhouse87
Re: THE TELL-TALE HEART OF DARKNESS

This one seems to be holding its own in the hotness. Let's get it up, folks!

dhouse87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dhouse87
Eshto wrote::D That's a perfectly valid interpretation of the story.

I made the llama stiff on purpose so that it almost looks like it doesn't care or isn't in any real danger, because I thought that would be funnier than having it flailing around in panic. I can imagine a scenario in which the squid just sets it down, and it goes about its business like nothing happened. LOL. I'm glad you appreciate it!

I still say it gets eaten though. ;P

I absolutely love that about this shirt. It has soooo many possible outcomes and each is just as delightful as the next.

Be sure to vote if you haven't and get others... We all want to buy it, imagine how AWFUL it'd feel if it didn't print... It may drive me to go llama hunting -_-

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
swellodell wrote:no other shirt pulled off so many characters with such a cohesive interaction. Good job on keeping it classic.

I may have had a little help ;)

tjost

Drakxxx wrote:Really nice composition and concept sir. I love the colors as well, and the fact that it's jam packed with great characters!

Thanks Draxxx, I already told you once but great job on yours as well

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 210 Private Messages Spiritgreen

What a neat way of making the theme work outside the context of the derby. And very nice colors and characters to boot! GMV!

tjost

Re: Treasure Island/ The Sign of the Spider

You have a great sense of color in all your pieces and I really like your fun style. As a side note the fireflys in the rigging remind me of the flames you set in the old Zelda games

missmissa07

quality posts: 12 Private Messages missmissa07

I love this design! It seems the most wearable from this derby so far. Here's to hoping it prints! <3

tjost

Re: Romeo and Juliet/Humpty Dumpty

I love the droplet pattern on her dress. The black lines on the foreground characters look a little thick compared to the rest of the piece, I'm assuming it was to define the foreground? Great job, just a bit girly for my taste

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
visix wrote:They should be, the book is 50 years old and Dr. Seuss died almost 20 years ago. Copyright law is ludicrous.

Why should it ever be? To paraphrase a popular and horrible joke, "what do you call art that's not yours? Nacho art!"

Parody still allows use of IP, but parody is not the all-encompassing blanket wooters, and all commercial artists, it seems, think it to be. Parody requires strong concept, it requires hintings instead of full-on showings, it regularly requires making a commentary. There is more to it than slapping Sam-I-Am on a tee with a plate of not green eggs and ham.

But even so, I see ZERO REASON why copyrights should -ever- expire. The only people who want that are people who want to profit off other people's work. You can do it differently and uniquely. You can come up with your own idea. People who say "everything's been done" are only half right... lots of stuff has been, but there's always more to be done. There is no reason that we should feel that we need Dr. Seuss's intellectual property to really be creative. Really creative people can already utilize Seuss without biting him.

gcrable

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gcrable

Simply love this comfy, cozy feel! This design makes me feel like I can take "The Shop Around the Corner" book store with me where ever I go. Who wouldn't want one?! Where's my easy chair?

tjost

Re: Noah's Ark/20,000 Leagues Under the Sea

The colors so bright... my eyes Great job on this, my only complaint was mentioned earlier with the fact that the rainbow didn't happen untill after the flood but I'm a stickler on things like that

MissJamieD

quality posts: 44 Private Messages MissJamieD

This is beautiful!

tjost

Re: The Strange Musician / Five Weeks in a Balloon

As always great colors on your work.

anjulka

quality posts: 5 Private Messages anjulka

Oh man! There are so many good shirts in this derby. Very nice design. I think it will climb quickly.

CrispyTangelo

quality posts: 6 Private Messages CrispyTangelo
Re: Lord of the Flies/Lord of the Rings

Neither of these books are public domain

tjost

Re: Sherlock Holmes vs. Dracula

Ceci n'est pas une pipe

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2

Fantastic!

SnowQueenVT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT

Hey, you are back!! This is a wonderful bookcase! Full of the greats and just as greatly done...love it!

(Recieved our crazy pill shirt 2 days ago , it looks awesome, I love having another example of your artwork to study just to enjoy!

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

SnowQueenVT

Re: Dracula/Treasure Island

This looks nice and clean Fishbiscuits! The Dracula character has alot of appeal! I am glad he is lost, I wouldn't want to be stuck on an island with him!! Very nice and also a funny interpretation!

gre9del

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gre9del

Turned out great, glad you decided to get this done!

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=41391]Myths of Norsemen / myths of Ancient greece

Bulfinch's Mythology is the classic resource for Greek myths translated into English. I am sure that there is something similar for the Norse myths. Therefore, this should be on topic.

Love the texture in the clouds.

jeanerz13

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jeanerz13
Re: Baba Yaga - Wizard of Oz

Did you put a touch of orange on the green leg on purpose? Or was that from copy and paste? Just wondering because if it was a copy and paste oversight, you may have some orange on your green layer. At least I would...you appear to be an actual artist though so you're probably less likely to have that problem.

tjost

Re: Moby D/Twenty Thousand Leagues

The Nautilus looks like it may be experiencing some whale envy

gre9del

tjost wrote:Ceci n'est pas une pipe

Hahaha, indeed. it is only an image of a pipe!

tjost

Re: The Metamorphosis/The Picture of Dorian Gray

You were busy this derby

tjost

Re: Charlotte's Web/The Lord of the Flies

Glad you moved the spear so it doesn't look like it's stabbing Wilburs head Great job cape

tjost

Re: Tom Sawyer/Moby Dick

Nice muted pallete, also seems like a step away from your usual style. Good job

SnowQueenVT

Re: THE CALL OF CTHULHU / MOBY DICK

Theres that awesome water again!(from the 5 element Dragons)That in itself is a treat!
I am glad you said Ahab wins this one he does look like he is a bout to triumph!

I hope you win and can buy yourself a new tablet for your birthday although noone would know from looking at this that there was anything going wrong with the one you have.

You 2 have done it again. I've never seen this cthulu creature before you and woot, didn't know he was a book character, will need to read the book!

Gave my Dad The Clockmaker (Was going to, but couldn't wait for fathers day) Told him about you 2 and he said That you were both very talented, quite the artists, he was impressed. Said he would wear it to the clock shop, he has a very fine cuckoo clock that cuckoos when it wants, not on the hour!

Happy Birthday TO Drakxxx, BlueTuba and David Letterman too, may all your wishes come true!

tjost

Re: Huck Finn / The Wizard of OZ

The raft being black and white kinda kills it for me but I love the concept Also I thought your mortons salt girl/snail was great.

tjost

Re: Hey Diddle Diddle in the Book of Life

I like this but it feels like it should have been in the Egypt derby a couple months ago, it would have done great there.

SnowQueenVT

Drakxxx wrote:I think I would like the illustration on a different shirt color, but as always, your cheery characters look great, and are always so full of personality. I also really like how the dress came out.

That is why she isn't on a balcony, I felt like drawing a dress. Took the gift of your previous advice and decided to enjoy myself and stop pressuring myself.Thankyou, advice that makes a person free is a valuable gift!

tjost

Re: Sherlock of Oz

Monkeys in fez's never gets old

tjost

Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=41324]A Tale of 2 Cities of War

This feels like your channeling Edgar

gre9del

Re: Huck Finn / The Wizard of OZ

This actually reminds me of a lot of the other OZ novels about the rest of the land you don't see in the movies. Cool!