topfrog56

quality posts: 0 Private Messages topfrog56
Re: How Single Socks are Made

Single socks are not due to our careless laundry practices! They are a sad, sad result of an alarming hosiery divorce rate!

Weredawg

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Weredawg

I don't understand the constant "animosity" towards Ramy. Sure, the guy (or girl?, I don't know you personally >_<) has his/her trademark rabbits and simplistic/cutesy animal art-style but I think some people can just stop ripping on Ramy.

Sure, variation would be nice but eh, it's about style and the artist's personal choice.

(PS: I know no flaming is going on now, but just a note after observing the comments in the previous submissions for other derbies)

maskedmallard537

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maskedmallard537
Re: How Homophones Work

Grammatically correct dragons from the waffleiron! I'd totally wear this in front of my students.

starartist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages starartist
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=41659]

Wow!! Awesome design!
GMV

loveengrey

quality posts: 5 Private Messages loveengrey

Whenever I'm feeling emo and sad, I go and look up super cute videos of kittens or otters or penguins on youtube. If this wins, all I'll have to do is wear this shirt to feel happy again

anatwork

quality posts: 1 Private Messages anatwork
Cantatus wrote:Huge fan of Discworld. I'd definitely buy this!

I'd like to echo the huge, awesome wonderfulness of Discworld. If this wins (and I hope it does) I'll definitely get one.

I love your critters by the way -- they're very cute.

iggzy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iggzy
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=41659]

So the Doctor Who fan in me fully loves this and then the complete art and science nerd loves the Da Vinci. This I will buy if it wins

ste7enl

quality posts: 15 Private Messages ste7enl
Re: Can You Hear Me Now?

this is a lot of fun

loveengrey

Can you guys prove that she plagiarized? Do you guys have a track record of every page shes looked at on the internet for the past few months? Do you guys know what images are embedded in her brain? No you guys don't. You just have the similarities between the two designs to go off of, which happens incidentally with plenty of designs. So before you guys go removing her integrity as an artist by throwing around accusations, try proving it. Diana's done plenty of designs here and shes never copied before so why should she just randomly up and do it for this one?

And Adder, I highly respect your opinions about most of the tshirt designs on the net, but you sound so condescending when describing bass and diana as frog and toad, and how friends will always stick up for friends. Criticize their artwork, not them.

loveengrey

Didn't ramyb do an similar shirt to this one before? Like with rabbits and an elevator? Too lazy to find the link.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: How Are Rainbows Made.

Very excited to see this approaching the fog!

loveengrey

This needs more love. One of my favorites this derby.

xazothia

quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia
loveengrey wrote:Didn't ramyb do an similar shirt to this one before? Like with rabbits and an elevator? Too lazy to find the link.

You mean this shirt, which compared to the current entry is actually clever and better drawn.

Blah blah ramy blah my only constructive critique of this entry is that I don't think the halftones add anything to the image.

loveengrey

Damn man you're turning into one of those artists whose work is always underappreciated. The colors on this are damn cool

loveengrey

Everything you do is so good. Its amazing you dont get prints all the time here.

loveengrey

It kinda reminds me of your other tshirt. The "Lets Curdle" one. I dont know the exact name for it haha. I actually own that one and its fun wearing it around. Everyones all like "aww how cute its milk hugging a lemon" then they get up close enough to read and they just go "oh ewwww". I really like this design though. Its the perfect combo to create life

loveengrey

Rahhh I actually have a few concerns about this one. The coloring on the foot looks kinda weird to me, like its distressed. Also, the thing the godzilla is lying on, it sorta looks like ice, and upon further inspection, I still don't know what it is haha. I really like the idea though

loveengrey

Oh I see what you did there.

You actually do mongoose surprisingly well considering your usual style. Though I'm sure it isnt hard to draw at all

DaftMuffin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DaftMuffin
Re: Meme Machine

I want this shirt. I want it now.

loveengrey

Those orange colors are damn clean man. Love how it just pops off the shirt

denkosensei

quality posts: 0 Private Messages denkosensei

Honestly, I wish the shirt was basically just step one. I feel like step 2 makes it less appealing visually. Maybe have two people distanced and individually alone, but both thinking the heart at the shooting star. My thought on this concept, anyway.

niccamarie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages niccamarie

I really expected his other hand to be holding a bag of pork rinds :P

loveengrey

Neato idea. I like the whole feeling of the design also. Feels very mellow and smooth, like autumn.

loveengrey

Haha its a funny idea but its not really something I'd wear as a tshirt. I originally thought the bee was drinking the honey from the pot but then I was like ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh ew. Honey is delicious though. It is weird this shirt is actually making me crave honey?

niccamarie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages niccamarie
niccamarie wrote:I really expected his other hand to be holding a bag of pork rinds :P

OK, apparently the brand name for round, colorful fruity candies that come in a red bag is censored? Does woot censor brand names in general, or does the candy's name have some scandalous alternate meaning that I don't want to know?

InkWiz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages InkWiz
Re: How Are Books Made?

Well I hope everyone enjoys this.

Larger Image
http://i42.tinypic.com/2ni37d0.jpg/

http://threadless.com/submission/323515/Blue_Books_Of_Sorrow

loveengrey

xazothia wrote:You mean this shirt, which compared to the current entry is actually clever and better drawn.

Blah blah ramy blah my only constructive critique of this entry is that I don't think the halftones add anything to the image.

Yeahhh that one. Thanks xaz. As for constructive criticism, I don't like the stressing at all. Also, it would be kinda cool to see some random qualities of the parent bunnies being passed down to the younger generations, like a punnet square.

Sergio37

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sergio37
denkosensei wrote:Honestly, I wish the shirt was basically just step one. I feel like step 2 makes it less appealing visually. Maybe have two people distanced and individually alone, but both thinking the heart at the shooting star. My thought on this concept, anyway.

maybe you're right i'm not happy with the desing, but i really like the idea behind this, so since this desing is not gonna go too far at derby i'll rethink the hole idea and of course i keep your advice in mind :D
ty a lot

phoenixxx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phoenixxx
Re: One Smart Hamster (How a Smart Car Works)

Ever wonder what kind of power was behind a Smart Car?
Simple, It's the hamster in the trunk cranking that engine!
... 0 to 20 in 10 min!

Sergio37

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sergio37
Re: Karate Kid Redux

i really like the idea behind this but, i took until someone explain it to recognice daniel. i think that if you add the japannesse red and white bandana your desing would be better.
anyway you have my vote :D

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
loveengrey wrote: before you guys go removing her integrity as an artist by throwing around accusations, try proving it.

Did you even read my posts?

As I've said *repeatedly*, duplicating another artist's work is the problem. Maybe she'd seen it, maybe she hadn't... but the fact remains, it's very, very close to what someone else made. Personally, I tend to think the similarity is so strong that it was probably a subconscious imitation of the original. Not a bad thing, it could happen to anyone, but when it happens you have to do the right thing.

And for the record, saying this design is okay just because the other hasn't printed yet is insane- if that was true, it would open the door for Woot hacks to troll Threadless for high scores that hadn't printed yet to redraw. I don't think anyone wants to see that.

polynothing

quality posts: 3 Private Messages polynothing
bassanimation wrote:Is this design for sale? It appears it was just up for voting, unless I'm totally missing it. The artist's page on DBH does not list this one as a printed design.

As the artist of the original "puppet check up design" which this design appears to be ripping off, I thought I'd throw out there, that the shirt has already been purchased by a company, and should be being released relatively soon through that site. I'd appreciate if you would take down this design, as it is awfully close to mine. Thanks.

sarahjean1977

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sarahjean1977
flamespear wrote:...I thought this was something else entirely XD

For some reason, before truly looking at the picture, I thought it was about ovaries, a uterus, and the cervix. Yeah, gross, I know. LOL

TYH

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TYH

Thank you guys!

http://tangyauhoong.com

spazzykiti

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spazzykiti
Re: It's a simple equation

Personally I DO like this kind of style shirt. Yeah yeah some of you guys don't like the super kawaii desu animu style but a lot of people do or the shirts wouldn't get printed. It is all an opinion on personal taste and just because it doesn't suit your taste doesn't mean you should bash it. I see PLENTY of shirts from the normal Woot Derby winners that I just wouldn't wear personally but since a lot of you guys like it, HEY! It wins. That is why three shirts are chosen, it gives VARIETY.

The only things I dislikeish about this submission is the shape of the adult rabbits and the random distressing. Aside from that it is pretty cute.

And for you guys who don't know animal coloring do yourself a favor and google blue rabbits. They ARE very similar to Ramyb's color choice. Oh look, naural blue rabbits.

spazzykiti

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spazzykiti

Would help if my linked work though... Still google works.

InkWiz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages InkWiz
Re: Becoming A Zombie 101

ZOMBIES!!!

here is a larger image...
http://i41.tinypic.com/22z41.jpg

http://threadless.com/submission/323515/Blue_Books_Of_Sorrow

smunekata55

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smunekata55
Re: DragonInTheSun

love the colors... and movement of lines!

Stargaziey

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Stargaziey
Re: Chimerical Cook

Well, as we all know, we have little dragons living in our microwaves to cook our food for us. We just never see the cute little guys since they're hiding behind that number panel snoozing when not at work.

Another collab with my brother, Jedigreedo, this week. I honestly don't remember at this point who originally thought of this, but we both expanded on it. He did the work designing the key pad & the great digital "d0nE" lettering. Also, it was his idea to use a bag of popcorn. Rest of the art, dragon, etc was done by me. :3

Also, here is a larger version for you folks who like those sorts of things. :D

As always, feedback is welcomed & highly appreciated. <3

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 210 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: How your house gets dusty

Thanks Draxxx and Fluffy365! :D