ste7enl

quality posts: 15 Private Messages ste7enl
Re: How your house gets dusty

Nice illustration. Did you know a majority of dust in a house is from dead skin cells?

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Re: How rain works!

Hi Brockart. This is a beautiful design. I especially love the little birds watering the flowers. Too cute! I saw the comment you left on my "How America Works", but it mysteriously disappeared before I could comment. Thanks for taking a look at my design!

escfrizby

quality posts: 3 Private Messages escfrizby

Love the Thriller punchline! I thought it made a great ending to the shirt.

fishbiscuit5

paigeg wrote:Middle school, hell. I teach COLLEGE and still cannot get a correctly constructed sentence. And there/their/they're is tied with affect/effect, its/it's, and your/you're for incorrect usage. What can I do??? High school teachers, it's all on YOU to correct this heinous corruption of our language [disclaimer - I don't blame any single person, but I learned my basic language skills before 6th grade. I'm just saying...]. At this point I'm supposed to be focusing them on more abstract concepts, not basic language and writing skills...

Do the kids still write papers using text when they get to college? I find it so frustrating that they have such a hard time separating their texting from actual writing. Also curious how they manage to get accepted into college if they cannot write correctly constructed sentences. I remember taking a writing test for undergrad admissions. If you did not score well, you had to take remediation courses. Perhaps times are different. Well, I will continue to do my part and teach correct grammar usage every single day! I definitely think wearing this shirt would help the cause ;-)

kimvy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kimvy
kylemittskus wrote:She copied it. People don't like when others say things that are inconvenient or perceived as rude. I don't care. It was WAY too close to be an "Oops, I thought of a similar idea."

Since you are omniscient, can you tell me the winning lottery numbers. The artist has given her POV. Are you calling her a liar?

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: International Gummy Bear Conspiracy

I like the earthy color palette better on this design. +1

fishbiscuit5

Re: How an Urban Legend Works

Love the details. Makes me smile :-)

jeremytheindian

quality posts: 17 Private Messages jeremytheindian
Re: How Natural Selection Works

You got my vote because of DJ Roomba alone. Nicely done.

Wootx16-Winex1-Kidsx13-Shirtx20-Selloutx8-Homex1-BOCx2

Reawen

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Reawen
jnapp18 wrote:I wasn't going for anything political.. more for the guy in the gun dies every time he pushes the button but i see what you are saying

When you explain it, I see what you were going for, but it really comes across as meaning the gun shoots and kills someone every time you pull the trigger.

ncheremnykh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ncheremnykh

I have been a fan of Shirt.Woot for a longtime and I am very excited to have submitted my first design. If people have a moment, please take a look at my design and let me know what you think. Not only is this my first Woot design, this is also my first time using Illustrator. I would really appreciate any feedback you could provide.

My Entry!

ncheremnykh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ncheremnykh
Re: Birdsong

My first design and my first experience using Illustrator. If anyone has any tips, suggestions or comments I would really appreciate them.

ericrob815

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ericrob815
ncheremnykh wrote:My first design and my first experience using Illustrator. If anyone has any tips, suggestions or comments I would really appreciate them.

Looks fantastic! I hope this wins.

Philliper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Philliper

Doesnt really fit the theme, but Save it! its FKKING AWESOME!

niccamarie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages niccamarie
fishbiscuit5 wrote:Do the kids still write papers using text when they get to college? I find it so frustrating that they have such a hard time separating their texting from actual writing. Also curious how they manage to get accepted into college if they cannot write correctly constructed sentences. I remember taking a writing test for undergrad admissions. If you did not score well, you had to take remediation courses. Perhaps times are different. Well, I will continue to do my part and teach correct grammar usage every single day! I definitely think wearing this shirt would help the cause ;-)

It was because of this in college, as a student, that I realized both that I had had a relatively very good education, and that the education system gets lemon juice in the eye (because my education definitely had a lot of problems, but it was relatively good!) Those of us students who can write a decent sentence hate the horrific grammar of our peers just as much as our professors. We're the ones they always want to proofread their work. XD if my shirt does win, I'll be sorely tempted to give one to one particular friend who always asked for proofreading but then felt insulted at how many marks I'd made!

sasham62

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sasham62
fishbiscuit5 wrote:This is how America works.
Step 1: Dream
Step 2: Work Hard
Step 3: Live the Dream

Does living the dream include a layoff and two years of unemployment?

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
kimvy wrote:Since you are omniscient, can you tell me the winning lottery numbers. The artist has given her POV. Are you calling her a liar?

Like MJ said earlier, it may have not been an "intentional" copy, i.e.: she saw it before, didn't really remember though, and made it. Or she copied it directly and intentionally. Do you expect her to say, "Yeah, I stole the idea"?

And the lottery numbers are 5, 18, 26, 28, 33, 45, and 1.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

Jedigreedo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jedigreedo
Re: Chimerical Cook

Thanks for the compliments folks! We're thrilled to see this one doing pretty well already, and can't wait to see what it ends at. Thanks again!

lilteets

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilteets
Re: How do Grenades work? Pull the Pin and Divide by 0

I agree with melsmore. I would definitely buy this shirt if the graphic was a little less dominant.

Jedigreedo

Re: How FIRE EXTINGUISHERS work

That is awesome! I would definitely have to buy this one if it wins, and then probably wear it every time Mythbusters comes on.

Jedigreedo

Re: Deep Inside the Blender

It was a shame to see this slip out of the fog, the use of the Flash is great.

Jedigreedo

Re: How Amps Work

I'm not sure if I should be in love with it, or deeply disturbed by it. I'll settle with both, nice work!

Jedigreedo

Re: Ask Again Later

Brilliant idea, although it's taking a bit for the look of it on the shirt to grow on me. Of course, that doesn't take anything away from the fantastic art! They're not doing any complex, and yet the image still has a nice atmosphere to it.

doneng

quality posts: 0 Private Messages doneng
marzipanapple wrote:What I wouldn't give for a tree like this. As long as it didn't end up being a Stephanie Meyer tree..

I guess that would make a Meyer lemon tree...

brockart

quality posts: 7 Private Messages brockart
Re: How America Works

Fish Biscuit, I know it's crazy. Apparently I can't leave a post involving political humor and the first lady.

Anyways, nice shirt! Keep the dream alive!

jeffreywitchdoctor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeffreywitchdoctor
re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry.aspx?id=41659]

Sweet Jesus I NEED THIS!!

MAKE IT HAPPEN..

brockart

quality posts: 7 Private Messages brockart

Awesome job for a first time! I'm really digging this.

everythingdaniel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages everythingdaniel

LOVE it! Id buy it

Sergio37

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sergio37
paigeg wrote:Cracked me up! At first, I thought the Big Guy was cuttin the cheeze. then saw all the detail, and STILL Lol!

ty paigeg :D

Stargaziey

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Stargaziey
Re: How Amps Work

The design & concept are awesome. Also the colors just scream at you & make you think of Rock n Roll. Great work!

Stargaziey

Re: How a Zippo Works

The fireball on this is amazing! Yay for dragons! :D

flynch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flynch
Re: Cutting the Grass

gnomes, known for gardening and sharp tongues... this is the best of both. - so many great entries already - i'm delighted by the challenge, & hope you like it.

maskedmallard537

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maskedmallard537
juzijuzi wrote:Ever wonder why Zippos are more expensive than a regular lighter? Boom! there's your answer. You're welcome, world.

Ah-ha! That explains it then. I wonder if, when you need to get it refilled, the dragon is going on a short vacation, or do they just pop a new dragon in there? :D

Too cute to pass up!

Stargaziey

Re: How a Kitten Works

This is super cute. A little heavy on the text & that seems to pull away from the kitten. But as a cat lover it's GMV. :D

juzijuzi

quality posts: 9 Private Messages juzijuzi
Re: How Storms are Formed over the Ocean

Wow, this is awesome!

Draug

quality posts: 69 Private Messages Draug

This is really cool! Congrats on a great first try! Even if it doesn't place I think you have a strong chance of snagging an HM. :D

The enemy's gate is down.
Writers are people too! (Albeit strange ones.)
Save Poe! Reckon Nevermore! Or he'll be head-locked forevermore!

Stargaziey

Re: Ask Again Later

The art on this is so clean & stunning. I just love the colors you chose for this; pulled directly from the 8 ball itself. I think I'm with some of the others on the shirt color though. I love asphalt, but it seems like navy may have worked better with the colors you had for the ball. No matter what color it's printed on, it's an amazing design! GMV.

Draug

quality posts: 69 Private Messages Draug
kbloomq1 wrote:Well, it's true that you're probably not going to see any sky-blue rabbits in real life, but that "dark grey" color is called "blue", and if you ever see a nicely colored blue rabbit, you'll notice that it really is a dark slate blue. So yeah, blue rabbits do exist.

It's gray. I can call pink red but it will still be pink.

The enemy's gate is down.
Writers are people too! (Albeit strange ones.)
Save Poe! Reckon Nevermore! Or he'll be head-locked forevermore!

Demonbuttercup

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Demonbuttercup
kylemittskus wrote:The second the "no bunny" rule disappears, RamyB appears. Anyone?

LMAO
I thought the same thing :P

juzijuzi

quality posts: 9 Private Messages juzijuzi
Re: How Homophones Work

Is it just me or does anybody else see bananas instead of dragon flames? The good thing is, I love bananas!

P.s. I also love dragons, check out my entry this week for major flame action!

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Stargaziey wrote:The art on this is so clean & stunning. I just love the colors you chose for this; pulled directly from the 8 ball itself. I think I'm with some of the others on the shirt color though. I love asphalt, but it seems like navy may have worked better with the colors you had for the ball. No matter what color it's printed on, it's an amazing design! GMV.

Thanks Stargaziey. I think I'm gun-shy with black ink on navy after getting burned a bit on I Just Call it Housekeeping. I originally had that design on asphalt but was convinced to put it on navy. While it looked better on the comp, the print was just too faint and ultimately killed a design I was really happy with. Had I just kept it on asphalt I think I would have been much happier with the end result. That's probably why I had navy as a "not even in consideration" color given the importance of the black ink. As I said above though, I can't think of any colors that look better on asphalt (which is a pretty neutral blank that handles just about any color well) than purple and blue. Truthfully I think the only colors that don't work on asphalt are browns. That's like visual nails on chalkboard or chewing on a chunk of drywall to me, although I know a lot of people seem to like it.