peonjohn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peonjohn
Re: How a See n' Say works

i really just dont get the mechanic behind this. i'm looking at the inner-workings, but i dont get whats going on.

nice drawing, though.

icemonster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages icemonster
Re: how the universe was formed

What is that on top of his head? I can't tell what it is.

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
tgentry wrote:The theme was How Do They Work. It's pretty clear cut: "For this derby we want you to show us how things work OR, in the event of your not knowing exactly, how you THINK they work." Does this design show how the TARDIS works, or even how the designer thinks it works? It's pretty clear that it doesn't. There was plenty of room for showing how the TARDIS works, the designer could have done a cut away and just showed gears or something, and that would have been enough to fit the theme. I don't see how you can look at a design "abstractly" or "aesthetically" and have it fit the theme when the theme is SO clear cut and literal. It's spelled out very clearly. I'd be seriously disappointed if this got printed over entries that were actually on topic. I could have dumped a half dozen designs on this derby and explained it away that it "abstractly" met the theme guidelines. Hopefully that's not a precedent woot is willing to set.

The classic comics style derby was the same way. In the end, people who worked to stay on theme were punished by non-rejections of stuff that wasn't even trying to be on topic.

ste7enl

quality posts: 15 Private Messages ste7enl
DJ9975 wrote:True, however as labeled in the diagram, I believe dropping it on the wrong side would be a n00b thing to do...

Obviously that's what I was thinking...I bet...I can't recall. Thanks though.

peonjohn

sirsaff wrote:Im new here...i see,different theme every week huh?..

yeah, this would have been great for last derby.

looking forward to what you bring in the future.

Sergio37

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sergio37
Re: how the universe was formed

the all seeing eye

peonjohn

blackfoxx12 wrote:oopsies. yeah i should probably fix that....

i like this. i like the heart saying "yours".

fix the spelling and you've got my vote.

peonjohn

Re: Birdsong

this is a really cool shirt design.

Stargaziey

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Stargaziey
Re: Steam Punk Rifle

That's an awesome looking design. Anything steampunk is great in my book! :D

It'd be great if you could post a larger image so we can see all the fine details & the text.

peonjohn

truffleshuffle wrote:Thanks! I was actually really dreading doing the camera because I don't think that precise, mechanical-type sort of subjects are my strong suit so its kind of a small personal victory for me that you think that part is the stronger element in the design;)

damn, can't believe this fell out of the fog.

i really hope it gets pulled back in because this is a really cool shirt design.

Lagbert

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lagbert

A steam punk rifle with labels pointing out key features. I would have liked to done an exploded view showing all the workings, but I just ran out of time this weekend.

I'm pretty sure this is my first derby entry that hasn't been vectorized or digitally made from scratch.

Hope you guys you like it.

I'm guessing the wishing well will have to wait for some other time - the sketch and initial inks are done but I'm stalled on where to go from there - color or sepia sketch from an alchemists journal.

Stargaziey

Re: Stephenie the Vampire Slayer

Bwhahaha! Love his emo hair. XD

harishyder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages harishyder

This is actually pretty neat. +1

Lagbert

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lagbert
Stargaziey wrote:That's an awesome looking design. Anything steampunk is great in my book! :D

It'd be great if you could post a larger image so we can see all the fine details & the text.

Your wish is my command.

http://www.atomicgoose.com/images/misc/Steam_Punk_Rifle_Big.png

I was going for a sketchy rough blue print feel - I hope it didn't take the sketchiness too far.

kaikitsuki49

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kaikitsuki49
Re: How a Kitten Works

woah this is a really cute shirt!! and it totally describes what my cat does too... i swear, she knows how cute she is and she's not afraid to use it! ^.^

Rainseyes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rainseyes
Jedigreedo wrote:Despite the bits that have been nitpicked, this was a fantastic idea and I would buy this in a heartbeat if it won!

Thank you, Maybe better in the future if I don't respond to others trolling on my ideas lol

sweettoad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sweettoad
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=41659]

Omelets made great I WANT!!!!!!!!!!

ste7enl

quality posts: 15 Private Messages ste7enl
Re: Meme Machine

thanks for another day in the fog, goodnight everyone

Stargaziey

Re: How Are Books Made?

I love the soft feel of this. It makes you feel warm & comfortable with the colors & style this was done. Looks like something plucked from a children's illustration with it's whimsical nature. Wonderful job! :D

Stargaziey

Re: How Homophones Work

As an English Major, I approve of this message! :D

This is so fun with the look of something from a kid's book.

SubBass49

quality posts: 3 Private Messages SubBass49
Re: Pig Dynamite = Bacon

Suicide bomber pig?

graffd02

quality posts: 1 Private Messages graffd02
odysseyroc wrote:How come nobody ever gives love to The Reverse Flash?

Wouldn't that be "The Moon"?

graffd02

quality posts: 1 Private Messages graffd02

It's a taste explosion!

SubBass49

quality posts: 3 Private Messages SubBass49
Re: Can You Hear Me Now?

Shocked that this isn't doing better...props to you! HM at least?

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
Re: When a Butterfly... (How a Hurricane Works)

What does a butterfly have to do with a hurricane? I do not remember any butterflies in the area when Ike hit my house.

Helkat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Helkat

I love your style, and always vote when I see your shirt. Do you ever have any of your designs printed elsewhere? There were a couple that I would love to buy, but didn't win

pmccall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pmccall
Re: How the mouse got the cheese

It was suggested to make the original more simplified, thought I would give it a shot and see if simple is better.

sorter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sorter

I already have a wootshirt that shows how rainbows are made. One of them must be lying.

RWM

kcskeele

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kcskeele

Dang son. this shirt is legit.

juzijuzi

quality posts: 9 Private Messages juzijuzi
pmccall wrote:It was suggested to make the original more simplified, thought I would give it a shot and see if simple is better.

Yes! Lookin' good! +1!

Jedigreedo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jedigreedo
ncheremnykh wrote:I really enjoy this design and I especially like the look and texture of the microwave. Something about it really works for me. Keep up the good work!

Thank you, we'll certainly try! :D

ablakehood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ablakehood
Re: Haha EPIC! I WANT IT!
Stephenie the Vampire Slayer

Wizzr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wizzr

How does insanity work? I think this quote is about right:
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." -Albert Einstein

Re: Insanity

Stargaziey

Re: How Are Rainbows Made.

This is both so cute & so wrong at the same time. XD I love the simple design & coloring.

Stargaziey

Lagbert wrote:Your wish is my command.

http://www.atomicgoose.com/images/misc/Steam_Punk_Rifle_Big.png

I was going for a sketchy rough blue print feel - I hope it didn't take the sketchiness too far.

Awesome! I like the sketchiness myself & certainly doesn't seem like it was overkill.

kimvy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kimvy
kylemittskus wrote:Listen, llandar. We're all with you. Perhaps you have more tattle power than us measly plebeians. Or perhaps you'll get fired for criticizing a shirt.woot cash cow. Either way, we're with you.

Who is all? I'm not all.

Thanks.

Luduss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Luduss
Re: Stephenie the Vampire Slayer

I really hope this wins so I can buy it lol

Andrew Cooper

aprotim

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aprotim

I feel like if I bought this shirt, I should at least be giving Nicholas Gurewitch money, since he used the idea forever ago. Instant Bacon

phoenixxx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phoenixxx
Re: How Karma Works

What goes around comes around!

cakeninjak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cakeninjak
fishbiscuit5 wrote:I would wear this and point to it often while teaching middle school children who consistently misuse the English language.

I would wear this and point to it often while teaching educated adults who consistently misuse the English language.